Killers should not profit from survivors BPS

And they shouldn't receive them in their webs. They don't deserve bonus points when they already get way more than survivors and they have no respect for players who use them.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722930#Comment_722930

    Hey if they want to play at their best then more power to them, but they should not be the one profiting off my offering.

    Then use one of the other offerings that the Killer doesn't profit from.

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722944#Comment_722944

    Things change all the time. I don't see why you are so frustrated with the idea you may lose out on points. You get enough with chili.

    I play survivor 70% of the time, and 100% of the time when it comes to events because i regularly play with a group and not a single one of us has an issue with the killer gaining from our BPS. Yes my avatar is the hag, because on the occasions i do play killer, she's my favourite.

    I don't use Chili because I have perks i like better and never play killers during events.

    Don't assume because you think it might prove your argument.

    I'm not frustrated, simply deeply amused you think verbally stamping your feet with no consideration for the other side, will get you what you want :)

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722944#Comment_722944

    Things change all the time. I don't see why you are so frustrated with the idea you may lose out on points. You get enough with chili.

    I don't see why you are frustrated with the idea of an offering that benefits everyone with zero downsides to anyone that both sides have access to.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722958#Comment_722958

    I don't see why you are frustrated with the idea of an offering that benefits everyone with zero downsides to anyone that both sides have access to.

    it's just petty spite, he feels wronged that killers play the game and don't just let him win

  • You are correct. My mistake. Perhaps it should include more actions, such as healing an entire health state?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722927#Comment_722927

    Why should players feel obligated to not play at their best?

    Agreeable, but I felt bad for the guy. Imagine using a BPS only to get camped and tunneled in that game. The Killer basically robbed him of both points and a potentially fun experience. In situations like that I agree with the OP. :/

  • "When people have a chance to gain double bloodpoints they play extra well to earn even more bloodpoints"

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722930#Comment_722930

    Agreeable, but I felt bad for the guy. Imagine using a BPS only to get camped and tunneled in that game. The Killer basically robbed him of both points and a potentially fun experience. In situations like that I agree with the OP. :/

    To me, that's just more of a general issue with camping/tunneling than anything regarding offerings/double bloodpoint events.

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722930#Comment_722930

    Agreeable, but I felt bad for the guy. Imagine using a BPS only to get camped and tunneled in that game. The Killer basically robbed him of both points and a potentially fun experience. In situations like that I agree with the OP. :/

    My worst games happen when I burn BPS, killer or survivor, doesn't matter which. I almost never profit when I burn the things. However, when someone else burns BPS, I do profit. So, I figure it all evens out. On the rare occasions I burn BPS, I try to consider it a charity donation, going towards the pool for the poor souls who never profit when they burn their own BPS.

    I had a match where the three other survivors burned BPS. They brought their A-game, med kits and meta perks, all the good stuff. I went in with Deja Vu, nothing else. You know which survivor got the most points at the end? Yeah, BPS are a curse.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The fact that this post actually has upvotes is terrifying. Knowing people actually want to take away killer point gain by having BPS not work for them on survivor side spooks me.

    You don't deserve those points. It's like shooting someone in the face who just handed you a present. It makes no sense to give you the present if that is how you will act. You might say you will act that way no matter what, but at least you won't be profiting from it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The fact that this post actually has upvotes is terrifying. Knowing people actually want to take away killer point gain by having BPS not work for them on survivor side spooks me.

    It's terrifying to think that there are people out there who believe that a person who plays the opposing side in a video game is their actual enemy in real life, isn't it?

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723063#Comment_723063

    You don't deserve those points. It's like shooting someone in the face who just handed you a present. It makes no sense to give you the present if that is how you will act. You might say you will act that way no matter what, but at least you won't be profiting from it.

    orrrr its like giving a fellow DBD player some extra bloodpoints. do you really have this extreme of an "us vs them" mentality? the killer isnt actually killing you, its a game. they are a player who is playing the other side, but its still a person and a fellow player nonetheless.

  • @Mookywolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723071#Comment_723071

    orrrr its like giving a fellow DBD player some extra bloodpoints. do you really have this extreme of an "us vs them" mentality? the killer isnt actually killing you, its a game. they are a player who is playing the other side, but its still a person and a fellow player nonetheless.

    Again this argument is silly. They have no respect for the other side. Why should I respect their side? It has nothing to do with personal real life activities so stop trying to paint me that way. They are my enemy in game, my enemy in game should not be profiting off me.

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723078#Comment_723078

    Again this argument is silly. They have no respect for the other side. Why should I respect their side? It has nothing to do with personal real life activities so stop trying to paint me that way. They are my enemy in game, my enemy in game should not be profiting off me.

    i'd agree with you if it gave the killer some sort of advantage during the match. but it doesnt. it gives you, them, and the other survivors bloodpoints and nothing more. you're helping your... "enemy" get bloodpoints.

    and also "they have no respect for the other side" thats a pretty big generalization. i prefer killer, and i fool around more than i play normally. i help survivors get more bloodpoints than they normally would.

  • @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722469#Comment_722469

    10K ?

    Killers run BBQ so that's 20K at least in extra BP.

    Not all killers run BBQ

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    Why are people calling me a survivor main? I am not I just recognize that giving bonus points to the guy who is tunneling everyone and camping is not fair. I paid for the BPS and don't feel my enemy for the moment deserves to reap the benefits from them.

    They make enough with chili and they don't deserve more from survivors purchased offerings. People bringing up the grind as some sort of defense are maniacs because the killers don't care about your grind or my grind, only their own. Hence they should not benefit from survivor offerings.

    And oh yeah this is divisive. It's how the game is made. I don't want my enemies profiting off me.

    Alright then how about the killers who don't camp and tunnel. Also as I have just said not all killers run BBQ. I run it on 2 killers.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722962#Comment_722962

    You are correct. My mistake. Perhaps it should include more actions, such as healing an entire health state?

    It would certainly make it better

  • Do you want killers to dc? Because this is how you get killer to dc.

    This game does not need more divisive content, maybe the opposite. I'd rather prefer to remove cakes and puddings and make all of them streamers.

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    And they shouldn't receive them in their webs. They don't deserve bonus points when they already get way more than survivors and they have no respect for players who use them.

    Then survivors shouldnt get them either.

    It's an "everyone in game" bonus not killer or survivor.

    That's what pudding and cakes are for.

    BPS is a way to get points, and not be a selfish ######### about it.

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723078#Comment_723078

    Again this argument is silly. They have no respect for the other side. Why should I respect their side? It has nothing to do with personal real life activities so stop trying to paint me that way. They are my enemy in game, my enemy in game should not be profiting off me.

    You know killers also use BPS right?

    This whole "they don't respect me so I won't respect them" mentality is bad...stop it.

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723063#Comment_723063

    You don't deserve those points. It's like shooting someone in the face who just handed you a present. It makes no sense to give you the present if that is how you will act. You might say you will act that way no matter what, but at least you won't be profiting from it.

    You are not giving the Killer a present. You are giving everyone a guaranteed bonus.

    @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723078#Comment_723078

    Again this argument is silly. They have no respect for the other side. Why should I respect their side? It has nothing to do with personal real life activities so stop trying to paint me that way. They are my enemy in game, my enemy in game should not be profiting off me.

    Because it's a game where the object is to win. Why should Bloody Party Streamers override that?

  • *continues pushing the us vs them agenda*

    At some point, I'm really gonna stop acting civil :/

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723071#Comment_723071

    You are not giving the Killer a present. You are giving everyone a guaranteed bonus.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723108#Comment_723108

    Because it's a game where the object is to win. Why should Bloody Party Streamers override that?

    No because the boost came from my spent bloodpoints. It is a present. If party streamwrs were handed out to everyone for free then it would be a bonus.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723071#Comment_723071

    Then survivors don't deserve the points from my BPS either if this is how you want it then. They should buff killer BPS to 500% to reward them. Plus it gives me the satisfaction of knowing I am denying 4 survivors 100% bloodpoint bonus.

    If you read my main post I said just take BPS away from killers. They can get more pudding.

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723269#Comment_723269

    No because the boost came from my spent bloodpoints. It is a present. If party streamwrs were handed out to everyone for free then it would be a bonus.

    It's not a present. If it was a present, you wouldn't be benefitting from it yourself.

  • Wait so you HATE killers as people? You know it's a video game right? That's not how they are irl. I highly doubt many killer mains are actual blood thirsty evil murderers. Just normal everyday people, I work your average job. Play Dbd for fun, I'm not your enemy :/.


    Rather scary.

  • Haha how is this stupid discussion still going on, #########

  • in case you are referring to the Bloody Party Streamers, those were added to celebrate DbD's birthday 2 years ago together with the Survivor Pudding and Escape! Cake.

    each fraction got their own offering for double Bloodpoints (Escape! Cake for Survivors and Survivor Pudding for Killers) and then there was one offering, the Bloody Party Streamers, that was given to everyone.

    it is not "the survivors offering", its an offering that is ment to be used by those who wish for everyone to gain more points, not just themselves. that includes the other side too. if you wouldnt want the other side to get any points, use the offering that will only grant you the additional Bloodpoints.


    can we stop this "us vs them" mindset please?

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    Wait so you HATE killers as people? You know it's a video game right? That's not how they are irl. I highly doubt many killer mains are actual blood thirsty evil murderers. Just normal everyday people, I work your average job. Play Dbd for fun, I'm not your enemy :/.

    Rather scary.

    ๐Ÿ˜จ

    Ofc we're not evil. Don't be silly. Hahaha




    ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723413#Comment_723413

    ๐Ÿ˜จ

    Ofc we're not evil. Don't be silly. Hahaha

    ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

    Here, try on this party hat... >:)

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    Why are people calling me a survivor main? I am not I just recognize that giving bonus points to the guy who is tunneling everyone and camping is not fair. I paid for the BPS and don't feel my enemy for the moment deserves to reap the benefits from them.

    They make enough with chili and they don't deserve more from survivors purchased offerings. People bringing up the grind as some sort of defense are maniacs because the killers don't care about your grind or my grind, only their own. Hence they should not benefit from survivor offerings.

    And oh yeah this is divisive. It's how the game is made. I don't want my enemies profiting off me.

    You are a fool.

  • No, I believe you are simply not making arguments that are not motivated by anything other than salt or spite.

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722856#Comment_722856

    You say this as if its some horrible thing i'm suggesting but when its time for the game to start all the niceness goes out the window. There is no care for the other sides points.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722858#Comment_722858

    Bound Envelope is not a big boost. Stop trying to come up with these fake solutions. Killers should not profit off me.

    And why should anybody care what the other side gets in points? This is a PvP game.

    That's half your problem is caring what the other side gets or does. You should only focus on your own rewards and your own game.

    I used to get upset when I felt like I was feeding survivors undeserved points - it was a large source of my anger and stress.

    But then I learned to just let it go and play my own game. I don't care about feeding points from stuns now. I don't care that people get protection points when I slap somebody out of my way.

    Just let it go man - who cares what your opponants are doing or not doing. Focus on playing or counterplaying. If you sweat the tiniest details like you are, you're just going to be miserable.

  • So use Escape! Cakes & Bound Envelopes.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722875#Comment_722875

    And why should anybody care what the other side gets in points? This is a PvP game.

    That's half your problem is caring what the other side gets or does. You should only focus on your own rewards and your own game.

    I used to get upset when I felt like I was feeding survivors undeserved points - it was a large source of my anger and stress.

    But then I learned to just let it go and play my own game. I don't care about feeding points from stuns now. I don't care that people get protection points when I slap somebody out of my way.

    Just let it go man - who cares what your opponants are doing or not doing. Focus on playing or counterplaying. If you sweat the tiniest details like you are, you're just going to be miserable.

    Because points directly contribute to future killer strength. There is no reason to give them more.

    Another non-argument. We gonna argue with memes now?

  • @Boss said:

    So use Escape! Cakes & Bound Envelopes.

    I do use them, but my streamers should help my fellow survivors but not my enemy.

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723696#Comment_723696

    Because points directly contribute to future killer strength. There is no reason to give them more.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723761#Comment_723761

    Another non-argument. We gonna argue with memes now?

    I played as killer to earn Bloodpoints to P3 my survivors. You could play as survivor to earn Bloodpoints to spend on killers. Your argument is invalid.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722469#Comment_722469

    ######### is a "circlejerky survivor-only bloodpoint add on?"

    Like are you really upset because some of the offerings are survivor only? You realize killers have killer only offerings, too, correct?

    Btw there's literally one offering that a survivor can play that boosts the other survivors' BP gain and not the killer's.

    I'm not annoyed, I'm just saying that it's not a particularly welcoming feeling when you load into a match and are shown 4 envelopes that say "Everyone EXCEPT YOU gets more points this match!"

    That certainly doesn't need to happen to BPS, the bloodhunt doesn't have to become an "everyone but killer stacks boosts" event.

  • Yes let us make it so Killers do not benefit from bps. Then when I play killer I will allow the match to load count to 20 and DC. To go find a game without BPS.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722469#Comment_722469

    Though I agree the BPS should not exclude killers, you are doing something wrong if you are only getting 10k more than survivors in your average match. Chili alone puts me around 40 to 50k a match easily. Add in Distressing, maybe TotH and I'm pushing 70k. With a Pudding, I can hit 80k no problem.

    Survivors don't come close. WGLF only effects Altruism score while PTS hits coop score. They have no blanket score increase like Chili.

    I don't think BPS should be survivor only, but I do think survivors need a blanket perk increase like chili, without aura sight.

    I was referring to a good killer game being about 30k points, and a good survivor game usually being about 20k points, before boosters.

    Distressing and TotH both only affect bloodpoint game WITHIN a match, so no, without offerings they can't push you to 70k, you're still capped at 32 (64 with BBQ, 96 with Pudding.)

    WGLF has nothing to do with your altruism score, it simply gains stacks from altruistic events. Its bloodpoint bonus is the same as BBQ's and can raise you up to the same cap. PTS is in in-game boost like Distressing and TotH, but boosts coop, meaning both objective and altruism categories can get a huge boost if you are an effective player. That leaves only boldness to work on through the match.

    And again, your suggestion is what WGLF already does. (Maybe you're thinking of No One Left Behind?)

    The only thing that needs to happen is survival needs some pretty significant events added (like survival points for each gen that goes off while alive) to make it possible to hit the 8k cap, as currently non-obsessions are capped at around 5k in a regular match, and the obsession at 6.5k, as all other survival score events are either exceedingly rare or insanely low amounts of points.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/722923#Comment_722923

    I'm not annoyed, I'm just saying that it's not a particularly welcoming feeling when you load into a match and are shown 4 envelopes that say "Everyone EXCEPT YOU gets more points this match!"

    That certainly doesn't need to happen to BPS, the bloodhunt doesn't have to become an "everyone but killer stacks boosts" event.

    Okay and how should I feel when the killer burns and offering only for killers?

    Tbh I don't care. I think "good for them" and play as normal. I don't take it as some bizarre personal slight. It has 0 effect on me.

  • At the end of the day you do you. If you want to hoard your BPS so the mean ol' killers don't get no points because you don't wanna share your candy, you go ahead and do that.

    Maybe one day, if you wish upon a star, or a dev, your dreams will come true and BPS will be removed entirely, since they certainly wont remove it from one side only as it was designed for both sides.

    Until then, the rest of us will just go ahead and play our own BPS like adults and accept it works for everyone while not worrying that Mr killer managed to get some digital points in a video game.

    Good luck with your crusade.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724419#Comment_724419

    Okay and how should I feel when the killer burns and offering only for killers?

    Tbh I don't care. I think "good for them" and play as normal. I don't take it as some bizarre personal slight. It has 0 effect on me.

    The difference is everyone has the same bloodpoint boosts for every category, 50/75/100% boosts to each category, 25/100% boosts to everything, 100% for everyone. The only different offering is "25% to everything for 4/5 players in the game."

    It's not an issue, it's just not something that should be expanded on.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724453#Comment_724453

    The difference is everyone has the same bloodpoint boosts for every category, 50/75/100% boosts to each category, 25/100% boosts to everything, 100% for everyone. The only different offering is "25% to everything for 4/5 players in the game."

    It's not an issue, it's just not something that should be expanded on.

    You literally called it a circle jerk. Now you're just downplaying what you initially said.

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723696#Comment_723696

    Because points directly contribute to future killer strength. There is no reason to give them more.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723761#Comment_723761

    Another non-argument. We gonna argue with memes now?

    No argument. If you want to present one, do it.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724460#Comment_724460

    You literally called it a circle jerk. Now you're just downplaying what you initially said.

    I called it a circlejerk, not a war crime.

  • @ApeOfMazor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/723711#Comment_723711

    I do use them, but my streamers should help my fellow survivors but not my enemy.

    We could just remove the Streamers and add nothing in exchange. That seems fair. :P