Time to nerf Freddy

He spam Traps.

He spam Pallets.

He don't slow down when using his power, no drawbacks at all or cooldown. It is time to adjust this guy.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Freddy still the noobstomper N1 😁

  • Nope cant agree whatsoever, Freddy imo is one of the best balanced killers in the game. I think the devs done a tremendous job with his rework.

  • I just think at this point too many are distracted trying to get Spirit nerfed but I am pretty sure Fred will quickly become the most hated soon enough.

    Just keep playing OP builds guys, you are just hastening his rework.

  • @jeyers said:

    He spam Traps.

    He spam Pallets.

    He don't slow down when using his power, no drawbacks at all or cooldown. It is time to adjust this guy.

    I see everyone freaking out about Freddy when he's extremly easy to deal with. Run OoO or Spinechill and remember how to sneak around.

    Not only that but I seem to notice purple/red ranks are filled with Ghostface winning almost all their matches since the stalk rework...why is everyone silent about this ?

    Double standards.

  • It's Nerf or NUTHING

    Untitled Image


  • @ColonGlock said:

    I just think at this point too many are distracted trying to get Spirit nerfed but I am pretty sure Fred will quickly become the most hated soon enough.

    Just keep playing OP builds guys, you are just hastening his rework.

    Doubt it. Nurse is also still the way she has always been, and more and more people have started to complain about Spirit, people are indeed able to want nerfs to multiple killers. If Spirit gets nerfed, I doubt people will start complaining about Freddy. If there are op builds on Freddy, then those builds need to be nerfed obviously, not Freddy. I believe most people will want to keep Freddy the way he is now. Might be wrong, but hopefully not. He seems like the perfectly balanced killer, with just the right amount of map pressure and chase potential.

    Unless survivor mains really all want any viable killer to be nerfed, then of course they will always go for the strongest killer no matter who it is. But I don't want to believe that.

  • Okay. So here's my take on Freddy to this point.

    He is definitely top 5.

    -Can place 2 different types of traps (add on dependent)

    -Can TP to generators or cancel the ability midway to make a fake out play

    -Cancels out BT while survivors are in the dream state ( it sucks bc not everyone has realized this in red ranks).

    -Probably top tier in slowing down the game (add-on, and perk dependent).

    -this one is kinda eh, but his lunge range to me seems like it's kinda long.


    Let's not even talk about swing,paint brush, dying light combo lol. (Also ruin, because every killer runs it at high ranks let's be honest here.)

  • @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724403#Comment_724403

    He can still spam them while walking even without getting a little speed debuff.

    Survivors are automatically placed in dream state.

    It's not a drawback to be unable to place pallets in spots everyone know they can't be. Even if that was possible nobody would do it as few people would be tricked by it.

    A teleport that goes to any unfinished gen that doesn't even need addons to make it unlimited range. Broken.

    Yea he needs to be tuned down and have some sort of drawback to his utility.

    I like how you quote everything before all the drawbacks I mentioned.

  • Freddy's snares do not activate until at least 2 seconds after they are put down. NOT TO MENTION pallets and snares only work if you are asleep! He is a phasing M1 killer if you are awake. The dream world is his playground, part of his power. His gen teleport has a good lengthy cool down. Besides billy, leatherface, and doctor can use their power frequently. you wanna nerf them too? Freddy has been the weakest killer for a long time. Now he has power to manipulate parts of the game to his advatage , like killers should.

  • yea no bud, you just don't know the counterplay. Freddy is really good tbh, I would argue he is one of the top killers in the game, his traps just require you too drop pallets early, the fake pallets are easy too memorize, and his teleport takes a few seconds, so you have a head start.


    Honestly, the only change I would do is make his Z block worth 6k bloodpoints, it's honestly a useless addon that I've never seen people use, nor have I ever used it. 6k bloodpoints for bleeding, not even mangeld status, is just bad.

  • @Tucking_Friggered said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724425#Comment_724425

    Yeah, I know. But the power is a blink, or teleport. There is only so many ways that can be modified in its current state and if they limit the range addons and then limit the number of blinks what left will they have to give as addons? It would have to be ease of use and you already have plaid flannel.

    The point being I think a lot of people who despise Nurse are setting themselves up for disappointment in to how much is going to change about her.

    They aren't going to fundamentally change the Nurse's blink power into something completely new. Not going to happen.

    *Reads the new Nurse changes, sips a cold can of ToldYouSo*

  • @xZeroStrike said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725312#Comment_725312

    Apparently Freddy's pallet power isn't even an add-on. It's base kit functionality.

    There's very little to no counter to Freddy's pallets in its current state. Not even Dead Hard can save you once you've started the drop animation. The point of the "fake" pallets is to trick survivors into feeling safe when they're actually not.

    The suggestion I gave are just that: suggestions. Not set in stone changes that need to or even will happen.

    With Doctor's fake pallets, a survivor can at least attempt to juke or DH or something in an attempt to survive. With Freddy, this is impossible because the animation keeps you locked in place.

    This would be totally fine if there was some way to tell a fake from a real pallet, but as far as I'm aware not even WoO provides that functionality, and that's an entire perk.

    Is it OP? No. But I'd personally rate it on the spectrum as "too useful" or "too detrimental to a survivor".

    Add to this that he has quite a few other tools in his kit, being his snares and his "mobility" through gen teleports, it can be extremely frustrating to verse a Freddy as a non-SWF who hasn't got full coverage / intel over the map and each individual pallet and their state (used / not used).

    Did you tried small game yet?

  • Freddy is in really good shape right now, just some minor tweaks in numbers to nerf and buff maybe. the only thing bothering is the new status effect, which shouldnt work how it does atm.

  • Freddy is fine. His pallets aren't a threat once you learn which pallets are fake and gen teleport has a pretty hefty cooldown as long as you are awake.

  • Can anyone even confirm that Freddy's ability to cancel out Borrowed Time is intended?

    I know I pretty much went on a tangent explaining why hes top tier. But this bit here irks me

  • @Hoodied said:

    We cannot keep a strong killer I see?

    gg

    This explains the preemptive nerfs on Pig.

  • Small game is just not very useful to me. It can find stuff but there's little ways of telling the difference between totems and killer traps, and if the killer isn't Freddy (who's running pallet add-on), Trapper or Hag it's fairly redundant. (And since most Hags that I encounter play the same way and I'm a Trapper main and know most trap locations, there's little reason to run SG vs them for me, giving me even less incentive to do so.)

    Besides, perks shouldn't be the method of countering something because you can't see who the killer is prior to a game.

  • It's time to... NOT nerf freddy.

    He's finally viable, and because you refuse to learn, you're trying to shove him into the garbage heap.

    Folks, wins aren't served on a silver plate, you hafta earn it.

    A game ain't fun with no challenge.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/720649#Comment_720649

    The games current "average" is extremely weak and not rank 1 viable.

    For you.

  • I play both sides at rank 1 of which I'm sure you do not given your opinion.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731336#Comment_731336

    I play both sides at rank 1 of which I'm sure you do not given your opinion.

    Rank 1 both sides within the first few days of rank reset. You just hitting rank 1 now?

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731361#Comment_731361

    Rank 1 both sides within the first few days of rank reset. You just hitting rank 1 now?

    Of that I highly doubt.

    I've had rank 1 on both sides for years and probably have more hours than you and all your friends have combined.

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    Can anyone even confirm that Freddy's ability to cancel out Borrowed Time is intended?

    I know I pretty much went on a tangent explaining why hes top tier. But this bit here irks me

    Yes, devs confirmed it's intended.

  • Well after studying how others counter Fred I think I have changed my mind a bit.

    I was trying too hard to wake up constantly and wasting time. Apparently many survivors just stay in the dream world and do gens. Staying asleep gives him more power, but time is still his enemy.

    That being said, they do need to have a cap on the slowdown he can cause with add ons and perks combined.

  • @Toxicboii said:

    It's time to... NOT nerf freddy.

    He's finally viable, and because you refuse to learn, you're trying to shove him into the garbage heap.

    Folks, wins aren't served on a silver plate, you hafta earn it.

    A game ain't fun with no challenge.

    That same thing applies to killers. It's not about being viable, it's about being broken. You could make a point saying it's just refusing to learn to play against him. He doesn't need to be nerfed to the ground. Just some minor tweaks here and there. Someone argued that the best way to counter freddy is to stay awake. That is literally impossible in chases, which is okay, sure. But being hit throws you back into Dream World, making it hard to stay out of it anyway.

    This, in particular isn't a big deal. But it's extremely tedious to have to run all the way across the ######### map for an alarm clock to have the 30 second grace period expire on your way back to the gen you were on lol. Here's what I think a suitable change without nerfing him too hard would be

    > Either Change Oblivious or remove it from Freddy. He doesn't need it. Right now, it cancels out Borrowed Time, a perk meant as a defense against tunneling, which happens a lot. It also cancels out perks that require you to be near the killer, such as diversion (not even meta lol)

    >Either Make all clocks usable, or add more clocks, and more choices for you. God they feel so useless when you have to leave your gen, go across the map to wake up and return to the gen to be a few seconds from being in the dream world again. Hellish in Solo and against Red Paint Brush.

    Reading this, If you honestly think this removes Freddy's viability, then I honestly don't know how. As you said before, wins are not handed to you on a silver platter. It's okay to admit Freddy is a bit on the OP side if he launches from second worst killer ( sorry Bubba) to top 5 in the expanse of 2 patches back to back.

    But can we at least see the two above as an agreeable change?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731380#Comment_731380

    Of that I highly doubt.

    I've had rank 1 on both sides for years and probably have more hours than you and all your friends have combined.

    Oh dear. Not that hours mean a darned thing, but I'm at 2000+ hours.

    It is impressive that you have been hitting rank 1 for so long. Remember back then when it was Sooooooo difficult to rank up? Yup, so hard. But mate, if you can't hit rank 1 very soon into rank reset I'm not surprised you're having difficulties.

    Some players, no matter how long they play can't hang with the best survivors. Watch Sal-gu, the Korean streamer if you'd like some tips. I'd show you myself, but I don't stream.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731382#Comment_731382

    Oh dear. Not that hours mean a darned thing, but I'm at 2000+ hours.

    It is impressive that you have been hitting rank 1 for so long. Remember back then when it was Sooooooo difficult to rank up? Yup, so hard. But mate, if you can't hit rank 1 very soon into rank reset I'm not surprised you're having difficulties.

    Some players, no matter how long they play can't hang with the best survivors. Watch Sal-gu, the Korean streamer if you'd like some tips. I'd show you myself, but I don't stream.

    "Not that hours mean a darned thing"

    Hours represent experience.

    "but I'm at 2000+ hours."

    I'm at 4000

    "if you can't hit rank 1 very soon into rank reset I'm not surprised you're having difficulties."

    Who said I wasn't hitting rank 1 very soon after reset? I hit rank 1 right right after every reset

    "Some players, no matter how long they play can't hang with the best survivors"

    Which would explain why you're confused. If you'd like some tips there are quite a few beginners guides on youtube available.

  • @jeyers said:

    He spam Traps.

    He spam Pallets.

    He don't slow down when using his power, no drawbacks at all or cooldown. It is time to adjust this guy.

    Yes, I agree with you he is even more faster than before

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731444#Comment_731444

    "Not that hours mean a darned thing"

    Hours represent experience.

    "but I'm at 2000+ hours."

    I'm at 4000

    "if you can't hit rank 1 very soon into rank reset I'm not surprised you're having difficulties."

    Who said I wasn't hitting rank 1 very soon after reset? I hit rank 1 right right after every reset

    "Some players, no matter how long they play can't hang with the best survivors"

    Which would explain why you're confused. If you'd like some tips there are quite a few beginners guides on youtube available.

    4000 hours and still having trouble understanding how this game should be balanced. Yikes.

    Hours means literally nothing. If you don't have skill, you won't be good, regardless of how much you play. My friend has probably triple the time in overwatch that I do and he can never get past gold while I'm grandmaster. Doing the same thing poorly over and over again doesn't make you better than people with natural talent.

    Again, check out what I recommended. You'll be amazed at what is possible with Killer if you know how to play! Or keep thinking that killers are super underpowered when players better than you tell you otherwise. Whatever works!

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731463#Comment_731463

    4000 hours and still having trouble understanding how this game should be balanced. Yikes.

    Hours means literally nothing. If you don't have skill, you won't be good, regardless of how much you play. My friend has probably triple the time in overwatch that I do and he can never get past gold while I'm grandmaster. Doing the same thing poorly over and over again doesn't make you better than people with natural talent.

    Again, check out what I recommended. You'll be amazed at what is possible with Killer if you know how to play! Or keep thinking that killers are super underpowered when players better than you tell you otherwise. Whatever works!

    '4000 hours and still having trouble understanding how this game should be balanced. Yikes."

    You are sorely confused, that's understandable.

    "Hours means literally nothing."

    To someone who doesn't have them.

    "You'll be amazed at what is possible with Killer if you know how to play!"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MirsEPhMPgM

    Here's a video to help you out. It will teach you most the basics.

    "Or keep thinking that killers are super underpowered when players better than you tell you otherwise."

    Or you'll finally get to rank 1 on both sides and realize how lost you are. One day you'll learn :)

  • hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahah


    nn-nerf fred... ahahhahahahahha

    he said freddy?? hahahahhahahahhhhhhhhhhhahahahahhahahahhaha

    damn that was great.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731480#Comment_731480

    '4000 hours and still having trouble understanding how this game should be balanced. Yikes."

    You are sorely confused, that's understandable.

    "Hours means literally nothing."

    To someone who doesn't have them.

    "You'll be amazed at what is possible with Killer if you know how to play!"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MirsEPhMPgM

    Here's a video to help you out. It will teach you most the basics.

    "Or keep thinking that killers are super underpowered when players better than you tell you otherwise."

    Or you'll finally get to rank 1 on both sides and realize how lost you are. One day you'll learn :)

    *sigh* just watch what I suggested. You might learn a few things. Or don't and continue being a 4000 hour player who thinks you can only win with nurse.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731493#Comment_731493

    *sigh* just watch what I suggested. You might learn a few things. Or don't and continue being a 4000 hour player who thinks you can only win with nurse.

    I'm trying to help you become a better player, that's why I linked a video.

    "player who thinks you can only win with nurse."

    That isn't something I ever said or what I think.

    You are very stuck in your opinion and refuse to believe you could be wrong.

  • > linking a tutorial video as a form of sarcasm.


    Touche.

  • @xZeroStrike said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/729034#Comment_729034

    Small game is just not very useful to me. It can find stuff but there's little ways of telling the difference between totems and killer traps, and if the killer isn't Freddy (who's running pallet add-on), Trapper or Hag it's fairly redundant. (And since most Hags that I encounter play the same way and I'm a Trapper main and know most trap locations, there's little reason to run SG vs them for me, giving me even less incentive to do so.)

    Besides, perks shouldn't be the method of countering something because you can't see who the killer is prior to a game.

    You can tell if you're going against a Freddy due to the sleep timer on the survivor's hud.


  • @katoptris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/731030#Comment_731030

    You can tell if you're going against a Freddy due to the sleep timer on the survivor's hud.

    Yeah, but at that point you're in the game and can't change your perks anymore.

1 2 3 ›