Is head on a good perk?
Head on is fun as hell to use but would it be considered as a "good" perk?
3 seconds to run away is a very short time considering the killer will not fall for it again.
Head on is fun as hell to use but would it be considered as a "good" perk?
3 seconds to run away is a very short time considering the killer will not fall for it again.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It will get you killed.
It’s...Meh? As Farmer John quoted the perk:
’It works 100% of the time, 50% of the time.’
It can be useful in some situations, but it can also lead to you being killed if the perk doesn’t register or if the Killer fakes you out of using your head-on.
Just use it for fun. Might save some matches, if done to stun the killer carrying a survivor, or to stun the killer as he chases another survivor.
To add onto what had already been said here. It also doesn't stun for very long. I've often caught up with the person who stunned with head on and rather quickly.
Strictly speaking, no. It's an exhaustion perk, so you always need to consider how much you could be doing with another exhaustion perk. You could probably do more with a well timed Dead Hard.
But that aside, it's fun, and it's a good way to extend on tiles like jungle gyms. The scratch marks will cause enough confusion for it to activate, and then you can get your distance back once you stun the killer. I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it's also not your best option for an exhaustion perk by any means.
The gods have spoken head on is not a good perk.
I love Head On. Been using it since the launch of DOTF, and everything Peanits has said is absolutely true. But here's what I get out of it; you can get saves with it (with a LOT of practice). This usually tends to only work (at least, in my experience) in SWF.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean, I use it every single game. It's probably the most fun perk in the game, but I feel safe saying that it's not the best choice. If you just want to win, it's probably not for you.
But I also wouldn't have it any other way. I can Head On a killer and run away laughing like an idiot without getting facecamped for it. And when I get Head On'd as a killer, I just have to sit there thinking "You rascal" since it's only a slight inconvenience and they're opting to use that over a more powerful perk.
It's rather have it be a little weak and really fun than powerful and annoying.
Only decent if you use it with DS and/or Inner Strength. Otherwise, Balanced Landing, Lithe and Dead Hard are much better.
The best use of Head On is to camp the killer by the basement entrance locker and whack him as he tries to go down for the hook.
I once got bamboozled by Head On pretty hard.
These survivors were acting really strange and were swarming around quite a bit. I downed one and chased the others off. When I picked up the downed survivor, he escaped before I could move.
I was stunned because I couldn't figure out how he escaped. I went over all the possibilities in my head and nothing made sense.
At the end of the match, I found out one of the survivors had Head On + Quick & Quiet. Talk about a 200 IQ play. Since then, I've seen a lot more people using that combo. I guess it started catching on.
It's a meme-tier perk, it's mostly good at making you giggle, but the situations where it is really useful are very limited.
I use it in my "You Need to Survive Your Teammates, Not Necessarily the Killer" build and I've managed to make some good use of it. To note though, much like with D-strike, a successful Head On is going to get you focused, hard lol.
It got no counter, especially together with "DS" and "Inner Strength". It's really annoying and i would love to use "Mindbreaker", if the devs would buff it to an constant exhaustion on objectives and in lockers.
It's not "good", but it's a really fun perk to mess around with. You can pull off some great plays with it, the first time I jumped in a locker with quick and quiet and bonked the killer on the head just as they realized where I went it was hilarious... and every time afterwards too. It's like Diversion, a lot of the time it won't work but when it does it's fantastic 😄
It's genuinely sorta useful to escape the basement at times too. If good old Leatherface is waiting by the stairs, just get in a locker. When he comes for you just bonk him in the face and run out of there.
It's Fun perk and I like it ;)
It's very fun. Also there are times that i get chased and run in a locker infront of a killer and he got hesitant to open it for some reason.
Yes. Yes it is.
Head On makes lockers safe so long as you don't sit in a locker until you get crows.
It also has many plays and ways to be used to help out a survivor, especially with Inner Strength, Decisive Strike, and Quick & Quiet.
Head On is obviously not the strongest perk in the game (I'd reserve that for Adrenaline or Borrowed Time maybe), but Head On is a good perk.
Decisive is amazing, probably the best or just about the best survivor perk.
Head On is pretty good, nothing compared to all the other exhaustion perks, but it's ok.
Quick & Quiet has recently been picked up by many and I can assure you, it's a good perk.
Inner Strength is going to become meta because it awards survivors for cleansing totems and getting a health state.
Head On’s neither a great perk nor a consistent one, but it can be fun to land at times. I don’t really use it unless I’m in a particularly meme-y mood.
It depends on your build, but head on can be useful if your running DS or quick and quiet to meme some killers. Just make sure you spread your scrath marks around and don't make it too obvious.
If you run in with DS, you can basically force the killer to eat your DS or get hit by a Head on if he gets close enough as well. Basically saving your DS for another hook, but any competent killer will fake you at the locker, so this rarely happens.
Just coming back from going up against a 4 man swf team. Two of them used head on and throughout the whole match, I got head on stunned 3 times. This is probably likely because they organized the stuns, but whenever I got stunned, I always went after the person who stunned me then. To answer the question though, it seems like a very enjoyable perk to use and very satisfying when you get the stun, but people will die trying to use it.
Then why not buff it?
Because not everything can be the best, and I'd also hazard to say that not everything should be the best. Even if Head On was really powerful, you'd still be bound to the placement of lockers. Some maps (like Shelter Woods) do not have many opportunities to use Head On in the first place. But in the end, is it better to make it really good and annoying, or leave it where it is, where nobody can get upset by it?
For what it's worth, I don't really think it's weak. It's a decent perk, but if you're just trying as hard as possible to win, there are more practical options.
Y E S.
I mean, you yourself in your original comment didn't say you even thought it was a good perk and implied heavily it was the worst exhaustion perk. Just saying if you truly felt as if it was THAT terrible then why leave it as is?
Because its fun
Not everything needs to be good stuff can be for fun and memes as well
Correct, and I stand by that. It is indeed the weakest of the exhaustion perks. That says less about Head On than it does about other exhaustion perks, though. Exhaustion perks tend to be pretty powerful, which is why they have exhaustion in the first place.
It's still perfectly decent. I use it every game. Not everything needs to be top tier/meta, sometimes it's better to just have a fun perk than to crank it up to 11 and make it annoying to play against.
It's an amazing perk
If I get Head On'd one more time, I'll personally go to BHVR headquarters in Canada and pull out a job application for a game designer, just to make a flamethrower killer to watch them bitches burn.
No, seriously, I hate that perk so much.
I love using Object with Head on; with Object, you get them to come looking for you. If they pass by, you get to stun them and have a laugh. If they don't, you just made them waste time.