My opinion on Ghostface has changed.

GhostfaceOP.jpg

This was a 4 man swf....and this ranking system is still very bad, but I realized that if you don't rely on the insta down too much and just play as stealthy as you can be, you will do pretty good. Unless its blood lodge of course 😂 I think Ghostface is a lot better than people make him out to be, but I know he still is not Nurse/Spirit/Freddy/Billy tier lol just found this interesting and wanted to share.

Comments

  • yeah, ive been noticing a rise of the "just be stealthy dont stalk" ghostfaces. also good work on those kills.

  • Oh yeah it took me days of similar matchmaking at red ranks a week and half ago before I understood how to play Ghostface


    He's a very fun and strong killer in the right situation, the only problem is his long recovery timer


    They seriously need to drop it to 20 seconds at base, heck I'll even take a longer stalking time. Heck I'll take a 10 second long out of cover stalking time for a 10 second long power recharge


    That would be frigging nuts lol


    I got really rambly there didn't I

  • I’ve fought my way to purple ranks with him, I’ll be red by tomorrow

  • lol, did you bring both lightborn and franklin's demise that match?

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    lol, did you bring both lightborn and franklin's demise that match?

    Nah lol Shadowbourne. I kinda like it on Ghostface.

  • @BlueFang said:

    Oh yeah it took me days of similar matchmaking at red ranks a week and half ago before I understood how to play Ghostface

    He's a very fun and strong killer in the right situation, the only problem is his long recovery timer

    They seriously need to drop it to 20 seconds at base, heck I'll even take a longer stalking time. Heck I'll take a 10 second long out of cover stalking time for a 10 second long power recharge

    That would be frigging nuts lol

    I got really rambly there didn't I

    All good 😂

  • @Mookywolf said:

    yeah, ive been noticing a rise of the "just be stealthy dont stalk" ghostfaces. also good work on those kills.

    Thank you! Yea so far this is an amazing tactic. Can still do the instadowns if you can get into a good position of course.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/705148#Comment_705148

    Thank you! Yea so far this is an amazing tactic. Can still do the instadowns if you can get into a good position of course.

    It's more like required to play him as the devs didn't intent him to because the way they did intend for him to played is simply non viable.

  • I like sneaky ghostfaces. The stalking is fine but it literally should work only if you manage to sneak on the enemy. It is so ridiculous how stalking works in chase.

  • I play sneaky but I still try to expose people. I think the way he is supposed to be played Is stalking people to 99 and smacking others. You wind up with 2 or 3 free hooks every game because people try to take hits for others not realizing how far they’ve been been stalked. You can also just straight up expose people if they’re in a dead area late game

  • Wow that's impressive, I'm still trying to unlock Nurse's Calling before I play Ghostface again <3

  • @BlueFang said:

    Oh yeah it took me days of similar matchmaking at red ranks a week and half ago before I understood how to play Ghostface

    He's a very fun and strong killer in the right situation, the only problem is his long recovery timer

    They seriously need to drop it to 20 seconds at base, heck I'll even take a longer stalking time. Heck I'll take a 10 second long out of cover stalking time for a 10 second long power recharge

    That would be frigging nuts lol

    I got really rambly there didn't I

    Glad to see you managed to figure him out.

  • Tru3 did a video with him using Ghostface like this. I think the influx of ppl swapping styles might just be ppl who watch him and are trying to emulate.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/341/GLZII88O8VSX.jpg

    This was a 4 man swf....and this ranking system is still very bad, but I realized that if you don't rely on the insta down too much and just play as stealthy as you can be, you will do pretty good. Unless its blood lodge of course 😂 I think Ghostface is a lot better than people make him out to be, but I know he still is not Nurse/Spirit/Freddy/Billy tier lol just found this interesting and wanted to share.

    I like how your including Freddy in this list instead of just "the big 3", lol.

  • Ruin, MYC, Sloppy, Nurses can work really well on him (a single instadown with MYC saves more time than Thanat ever will). It just feels bad that the stalk is so unviable as you get into higher ranks.

  • He's actually pretty good now ever since they changed his power being knocked out when looking at him...

    Its harder to actually do it now, but its still doable, so its not impossible to get him out of it before he gets the stalk off.

    He's still not better than Myers though, I'll stand by that till the end of time!

  • @FireHazard said:

    He's actually pretty good now ever since they changed his power being knocked out when looking at him...

    Its harder to actually do it now, but its still doable, so its not impossible to get him out of it before he gets the stalk off.

    He's still not better than Myers though, I'll stand by that till the end of time!

    Essentially they are side-grades of each other


    Ghostface is more the sneaky ninja type that can use his power to gain a massive advantage at loops and get some key picks. Michael is more a brute force tank with tremendous snow-ball potential and complete control over his power


    Both suffer on certain maps but I wouldn't say either is necessarily superior to the other

  • Playing Ghostface on Blood Lodge is hard

    Untitled Image


  • but I realized that if you don't rely on the insta down too much and just play as stealthy as you can be, you will do pretty good

    Make Your Choise is very good for that reason, it works very well with his stealth and allows to waste less time stalking survivors.

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/705935#Comment_705935

    Essentially they are side-grades of each other

    Ghostface is more the sneaky ninja type that can use his power to gain a massive advantage at loops and get some key picks. Michael is more a brute force tank with tremendous snow-ball potential and complete control over his power

    Both suffer on certain maps but I wouldn't say either is necessarily superior to the other

    That's usually the argument that I get, where one believes the other is superior...

    But in reality, they both do well in their own ways. And I can agree they're pretty even.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/705172#Comment_705172

    I find Lightborn to be an almost essential perk on my killers 50-60% of the time. If there are 2 flashlights and toolboxes, I’ll equip Franklins as well.

    If you just learn to bait survivors with a fake pick up or turn and face a wall you can save the perk spot. Even just turning 180 from where the other survivor is means they don’t have time to get the save.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/705187#Comment_705187

    It's more like required to play him as the devs didn't intent him to because the way they did intend for him to played is simply non viable.

    Not true. It's simply not rank 1 viable. Hes still very viable with stalking. But with any game, to get to higher ra ks, you have to adapt and change your style.

    It's like Legion, but Legion is still hurting.

    -wasnt great at high ranks.

    -people used moonwalk exploit to circumvent their struggles.

    That would have worked, had legion not got another change, and the deep wounds change.


    Also, not every killer has to be viable, so props to op for making then viable.

  • @BlueFang said:

    Playing Ghostface on Blood Lodge is hard

    https://i.imgflip.com/3bb7ow.jpg

    It is, otherwise you wouldnt need bbq, ruin, and bamboozle.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706052#Comment_706052

    I’m not worried about flashlight saves, they’re easy to avoid. I just love getting in those shock hits in on survivors attempting to blind me while locked in a pallet break animation.

    Ah my bad, yeah that’s fun :-)

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/705993#Comment_705993

    It is, otherwise you wouldnt need bbq, ruin, and bamboozle.

    Didn't actually get much use of bamboozle on that map, lol. I don't even think it helped once they gave me shack pallet first run too


    Yeah it's a difficult map not just because of the insane amount of pallets but because there are practically no tiles where you'll be able to get much use out of Night Shroud. I only managed to win that game because they made a hefty amount of mistakes, ruin stayed up all game, and because my stalk gave me a number of insta downs


    Honestly if I didn't have all of those perks and items I wouldn't have won that round, but either way it was still really fun. They just need to improve some of the older maps because that's where Ghostface is weak


    Also every killer needs to be viable the idea of saying "It's okay" is absolutely absurd

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    lol, did you bring both lightborn and franklin's demise that match?

    *Proceeds to spit my coffee out of laughter

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706098#Comment_706098

    C’mon.

    It is a funny combo after all.

    *breaks pallet* “No you didn’t blind me. Oops, you dropped something.”

    I know it can work, but I feel it as a waste of a perk slot, it's like using small game when having a rainbow map, it's a combo, but it kinda feels wrong you know?

  • Shadowborn helps with his stalking.

  • There are lots of fun combos you can use in this game as survivor and killer. Honestly I love doing different builds if I can think of something that will work 😂

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/705192#Comment_705192

    Not true. It's simply not rank 1 viable. Hes still very viable with stalking. But with any game, to get to higher ra ks, you have to adapt and change your style.

    It's like Legion, but Legion is still hurting.

    -wasnt great at high ranks.

    -people used moonwalk exploit to circumvent their struggles.

    That would have worked, had legion not got another change, and the deep wounds change.

    Also, not every killer has to be viable, so props to op for making then viable.

    Not viable at rank 1 is not viable.

    Playing at rank 1 is where you are most likely to get the people playing optimally. Saying something is viable because it works against stupid people at low ranks just doesn't make sense at all.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706057#Comment_706057

    Not viable at rank 1 is not viable.

    Playing at rank 1 is where you are most likely to get the people playing optimally. Saying something is viable because it works against stupid people at low ranks just doesn't make sense at all.

    Its tough in the red ranks to play certain killers that is for sure. But I really dont think I consider any killer but Bubba actually bad...sorry Bubba mains :/ I just cant with that chainsaw lol

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706057#Comment_706057

    Not viable at rank 1 is not viable.

    Playing at rank 1 is where you are most likely to get the people playing optimally. Saying something is viable because it works against stupid people at low ranks just doesn't make sense at all.

    I don’t feel like spending all day playing Spirit so I’m good in my ranks playing everyone from Spirit to Clown to Demo

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707108#Comment_707108

    I don’t feel like spending all day playing Spirit so I’m good in my ranks playing everyone from Spirit to Clown to Demo

    I agree. You are not always going to win but at least you can still have fun. And this comes from someone who loves playing Nurse and does not wanna get sick of her because shes high rank viable*