How good this game used to look...

20170222153659_1.jpg 20170215210419_1.jpg

some of my old screen caps from back in the day :")

Comments

  • I remember when the game looked like this


    I miss the old engine

  • Yes, way better.

    Quite bizarre to see a Moon in Daylight nowadays.

  • Once I was playing on Suffocation Pit and the map RNG spawned just so the moon was shining so ridiculously bright on the coal mine. When I walked inside it was so bright it looked like someone was having a birthday party inside. And this was traditionally one of the darkest places in the entire game!

    Ridiculous.

    I hate what they did with the engine update, it was unnecessary, uncalled for and just ruined the game's atmosphere, and if anything the performance got worse and it introduced tons of bugs especially with the sound.

    But BHVR stubborny (and foolishly) refuses to do a rollback, I wonder why? They won't even acknowledge it.

  • image.png

    The game really did look better then than now

  • @Hoodied said:

    I remember when the game looked like this

    I miss the old engine

    So true :( I would give absolutely anything for them to return it to the old engine.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Yes, way better.

    Quite bizarre to see a Moon in Daylight nowadays.

    BAHAHA so true. The game should be renamed to dead in daylight

  • @Mochan said:

    Once I was playing on Suffocation Pit and the map RNG spawned just so the moon was shining so ridiculously bright on the coal mine. When I walked inside it was so bright it looked like someone was having a birthday party inside. And this was traditionally one of the darkest places in the entire game!

    Ridiculous.

    I hate what they did with the engine update, it was unnecessary, uncalled for and just ruined the game's atmosphere, and if anything the performance got worse and it introduced tons of bugs especially with the sound.

    But BHVR stubborny (and foolishly) refuses to do a rollback, I wonder why? They won't even acknowledge it.

    Same here. They stripped a beautifully atmospheric game of what made it unique and made it look like a plastic, cartoonish arcade game.

  • in the old version of dbd i think the graphic was better

  • I also liked the ability to darken the map with an add on. Not a good decision (like so many) by the dev team to remove this.

  • @ItzSoulz said:

    in the old version of dbd i think the graphic was better

    Definitely, I agree.

  • @Sheldor said:

    I also liked the ability to darken the map with an add on. Not a good decision (like so many) by the dev team to remove this.

    Well I guess I agree with the devs on this part, it was very hard for them to create dark and bright versions of each individual map just to make it work with an offering. But I wish they made it darker in general.

  • I miss the old sound engine.

  • I miss the darker atmospheric look of this game, since day 1 after the engine update i was saying how badly the graphics had changed. i posted pictures of mcmillan maps how saturated the lighting has become. ... I really hoped they would have fixed the lighting by now but i remain hopeful that this is still on their list of to do things ... like maybe other priorities came first (you gotta make money)

  • The game looked the worst during the Legion chapter, when they updated the engine. They've updated the engine once more and it looks better now than it used to look back in December, but I prefer the low brightness during the old days as well. However, now it's more fair for the killer.

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    I miss the darker atmospheric look of this game, since day 1 after the engine update i was saying how badly the graphics had changed. i posted pictures of mcmillan maps how saturated the lighting has become. ... I really hoped they would have fixed the lighting by now but i remain hopeful that this is still on their list of to do things ... like maybe other priorities came first (you gotta make money)

    The explanation that it was the new engine that made it brighter is just an excuse.

    Updating the engine won't break the saturation levels like that, and even if it did it is an incredibly simple matter to restore them back to non-saturated levels.

    Brightening the game was done on purpose as a result of killer complaints that it was too dark to find survivors -- exact same reason they took the dark moon offerings out of the game, and also the exact same reason they recently nerfed clothing to become brighter a few patches back.

    They won't admit this of course and just blame it on the new engine version, but everyone knows that's just bollocks.


  • @Impala said:

    The game looked the worst during the Legion chapter, when they updated the engine. They've updated the engine once more and it looks better now than it used to look back in December, but I prefer the low brightness during the old days as well. However, now it's more fair for the killer.

    While I like the dark look and how it helped stealth back in the day, if that is the only reason I don't mind them making all the clothes bright in some way as a tell in darkness. Just give us the old look back. They can make every survivor bathed in fluorescent light for all I care, just make the game look dark and atmospheric again.

  • The game doesn't even look like it's taken place at night anymore. Especially with Red Forest it looks like it's starting to become morning in there.

  • @thedevalex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/684620#Comment_684620

    So true :( I would give absolutely anything for them to return it to the old engine.

    Well, what platform are you on, pray tell? I might have some useful info for you.

  • Had more of a horror feel before. Was murder on my colorblind killer play, but new engine is no better.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    Had more of a horror feel before. Was murder on my colorblind killer play, but new engine is no better.

    Are you on PC by chance? If you have a Nvidia graphics card you have options.

  • Now it's doesn't have an horror atmosphere anymore. The maps should me darker goddamn. The old fog and the old dark things were better

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685413#Comment_685413

    Are you on PC by chance? If you have a Nvidia graphics card you have options.

    I am, I do, and I've engaged the colorblind option o ly for anti cheat to detect it as a 3rd party software affecting the game and kick me out. I turned it off and no problem. Weird, considering others have had split results with it as well.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685423#Comment_685423

    I am, I do, and I've engaged the colorblind option o ly for anti cheat to detect it as a 3rd party software affecting the game and kick me out. I turned it off and no problem. Weird, considering others have had split results with it as well.

    Now that is weird, I can use the Nvidia filters just fine and anti-cheat isn't after me.

  • My luck sometimes. LOL

    My brother had the same issue

  • The lighting was necessary for balance resons..I do enjoy the sharper picture but agree the old atmosphere was nice

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685051#Comment_685051

    While I like the dark look and how it helped stealth back in the day, if that is the only reason I don't mind them making all the clothes bright in some way as a tell in darkness. Just give us the old look back. They can make every survivor bathed in fluorescent light for all I care, just make the game look dark and atmospheric again.

    Right? My favourite skin is the neon Nea anyway, idc about making survivors more visible, it's all about the game's atmosphere and right now it is lacking because of it being so bright.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685423#Comment_685423

    I am, I do, and I've engaged the colorblind option o ly for anti cheat to detect it as a 3rd party software affecting the game and kick me out. I turned it off and no problem. Weird, considering others have had split results with it as well.

    @Warlock_2020 Hmmm. I have Nvidia's GeForce Experience enabled and used the settings to brighten the game to be easier on my eyes. And EAC has yet to flag anything I did.

    @Peasant You beat me to it.

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/684649#Comment_684649

    Well, what platform are you on, pray tell? I might have some useful info for you.

    I have an AMD gpu.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The game may look good back then,

    but it didn't run good at all.

    I mean, it still doesn't run well now, either, but it runs a little bit better now than before, now with over half of the eye candy missing.

    True, it didn't run that well. But, some of the changes they CAN make to return the atmosphere to a horror one, wouldn't change the performance at all. I.e darkening the game

  • @savevatznick said:

    C*nsole players

    lmao what?

    I have a pc.

  • +1 to this, the game used to look way better.

  • we only got bad things with Legion

  • You can blame the first person to discover Blendette for this change.

  • I agree, that annoys me the most about the game now.

  • I just want pre 2.0 claudette default hairwork

  • The old engine made lots of people run the game just bad.

    You could be setting GTA V on High, but it wouldn't matter one bit in DbD.

    Btw, if you, reading this comment, ran it just fine before, good for you, but not everyone is you. ๐Ÿ˜œ

    I just hope they can do it properly one day. ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • @Boss said:

    The old engine made lots of people run the game just bad.

    You could be setting GTA V on High, but it wouldn't matter one bit in DbD.

    Btw, if you, reading this comment, ran it just fine before, good for you, but not everyone is you. ๐Ÿ˜œ

    I just hope they can do it properly one day. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    As I said, they can easily make changes such as lowering the brightness that wouldn't effect fps

  • @thedevalex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687905#Comment_687905

    As I said, they can easily make changes such as lowering the brightness that wouldn't effect fps

    Yup, meaning they don't want to.

  • Well, judging from the majority of comments on this post I know a lot of players want it more atmospheric.

  • It is so odd how this game can be so intensive at times to run


    They just really poorly optimized a lot of areas

  • Btw it is possible to make the same lighting like it was in old engine with the nvidia freestyle*?

  • @thedevalex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/687914#Comment_687914

    Well, judging from the majority of comments on this post I know a lot of players want it more atmospheric.

    Then you'll have to ask a dev what's up, cause i'm not one. ๐Ÿ˜‹

  • Screenshot_196.png Screenshot_197.png Screenshot_198.png

    I play this game since 2016 and I really miss the old design. And maybe flying killers.

    Sadly I don't have many cool screenshots showing much from the old design.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/144/0MKXKVCIQT3Q.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/294/WXWHAOYOMNYZ.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/056/CBO5DM2L0F7Y.png

    I play this game since 2016 and I really miss the old design. And maybe flying killers.

    Sadly I don't have many cool screenshots showing much from the old design.

    Hahahaha i remember space billy that was funny. I got some more pics of the old design

  • ive always said this game nees to be darker and im glad theres ppl that agree, maybe we can convince them

  • @CoffengMin said:

    ive always said this game nees to be darker and im glad theres ppl that agree, maybe we can convince them

    Exactly, I hope they see how many people want it darker and take our feedback. @Peanits @not_Queen

  • Tbh.. the old version is better on my eyes.. This newer version kills my eyes and puts a strain on them especially with the mustard bright yellow in Coldwind....


    @Peanits can you guys tone down the lighting a tinnny bit..?

  • Btw in this chapter they didn't mentioned that they did a slightly graphic change, which can be mostly noticed in the new ambients of the new map and in some hairs, also in the main menu (the campfire)

โ€น 1 2