How good this game used to look...
some of my old screen caps from back in the day :")
some of my old screen caps from back in the day :")
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
As killer, I wouldnt mind going back to the darker theme of the game, if they tweaked their sound occlusion to what it was before. I used to be able to hear that Blendette rustle the grass 2 trees to my side. Now I cant hear that anymore.
The game used to be so atmospheric and had more of a horror-thriller element to it than it does now.
Honestly, BHVR should reroll the game back to the old graphic/lighting engine or at the very least give us more settings so we can toggle things like brightness or ambient lighting ourselves.
That's the new map, which I'm very happy with because the atmosphere of it (the sounds and darkness) is amazing. I'm talking about the other maps.
Yeah :( it had such a unique feeling to it that I've never felt before in any other games. It felt like an actual camping horror game. Like you were actually out in the bush in these different locations exploring while getting hunted.
It never felt like that. This was only in your imagination.
Of course haha, I'm talking about how the old atmosphere of the game made me feel. Sorry for my poor wording.
What did they change with the campfire?
Just like Badham, they'll eventually get around to re-doing all the old textures and the overall ambience. It's...just gonna take a while.
Yeah, I'm actually really happy with Badham and the stranger things map not gonna lie, I wish the other maps were as dark and atmospheric as them.
A couple of patches ago the sound was completely broken, but now I think its getting better, and will get even better
I'd also like to take a moment to admire the old menu lobby. It used to look so spooky and atmospheric, now it's just an oversaturated hue of orange.
Pro tip : use shadowplay game filter.
(I gave dbd a synthwave filter)
I have an AMD gpu.
So true :(
I noticed different lighting