Tofu opened my eyes

I regret all those times I said Devs are not competent to balance the game properly.

OhTofu has just opened my eyes, and after 1550 hours I realised the game is perfectly balanced, except some things like omegablinks and some broken add ons, that can always be fixed in the future

He made me realise that you just have to be good, and those times I actually won against strong survivors was really due to my mindgame skill and game control skill.

So @Peanits and Devs, be aware of all those who continue to say that this game is always survivor biased, because as I just realized this is not true.

Comments

  • Tofu is..an odd case..I'm sorry but hes not correct in all he says

  • @immortalls96 said:

    Tofu is..an odd case..I'm sorry but hes not correct in all he says

    Well I think he's right. This because most times you just need to end chases fast, that's the crucial point of the game.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658526#Comment_658526

    Well I think he's right. This because most times you just need to end chases fast, that's the crucial point of the game.

    Yet tofu one by one talks about the removal of mechanics that make that possible..he does not speak for everyone and it's a tad presumptuous to make a thread saying "tofu is right on everything and nobody else can be right if it's against him" tofu is no less human than anyone and just as prone to being incorrect as any of us

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658529#Comment_658529

    Yet tofu one by one talks about the removal of mechanics that make that possible..he does not speak for everyone and it's a tad presumptuous to make a thread saying "tofu is right on everything and nobody else can be right if it's against him" tofu is no less human than anyone and just as prone to being incorrect as any of us

    I didn't say this. If you state something, you need to demonstrate it

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658534#Comment_658534

    I didn't say this. If you state something, you need to demonstrate it

    "Tofu opened my eyes"? Implying he sees this game better than you or anyone else..so yes you did say it..just not directly..you can have your opinion, as I am allowed to challange it with my own point of view

  • Yes, offering and items that give you an instawin regardless of skill are perfectly balanced.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658539#Comment_658539

    "Tofu opened my eyes"? Implying he sees this game better than you or anyone else..so yes you did say it..just not directly..you can have your opinion, as I am allowed to challange it with my own point of view

    Of course we can have different opinions

    Also the thread is an opinion

  • @Leonardo1ita well a lot of streamers speaks like that but sadly community of this game likes to find problems outside of themself "im not bad, survs are OP" "im not bad, SWF is OP" "im not bad, Flashlights are OP" and so on.

    ofc no mather how good you would be, there are games you cant win, but thats the case in almost every game xd you just have to deal with it, dont expect games to be free wins

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658544#Comment_658544

    Of course we can have different opinions

    Also the thread is an opinion

    Well that's fine..you just havent stated it as such

  • @Galklife said:

    @Leonardo1ita well a lot of streamers speaks like that but sadly community of this game likes to find problems outside of themself "im not bad, survs are OP" "im not bad, SWF is OP" "im not bad, Flashlights are OP" and so on.

    ofc no mather how good you would be, there are games you cant win, but thats the case in almost every game xd you just have to deal with it, dont expect games to be free wins

    These are typically ppl who don't see how they can improve and insist that they were playing optimal with no mistakes. Alot of times, the smallest of tweeks in gameplay can go a long way.

  • @LordGlint yup, a lot of killers dont know how map pressure works, why survivors bodyblocking in most cases is good for killer, and many many things (and this is what is sad) killers have way more depth ingame, but ppl are too lazy to look for that

  • @Galklife said:

    @LordGlint yup, a lot of killers dont know how map pressure works, why survivors bodyblocking in most cases is good for killer, and many many things (and this is what is sad) killers have way more depth ingame, but ppl are too lazy to look for that

    It's like Hillbillies who will mindlessly follow a survivor from pallet to pallet and at most, just swing through...versus hillbillies who will at least try different tricks like feathering the saw at the pallet to mind game abit. The first Billy will claim they played perfectly and made no mistakes...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    He also has an unnatural attraction to Whispers, so I'll remain skeptical.

    Happy I'm not the only one who thinks whispers is kinda bad, A lot of people acts like it adds so much game sense lol

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    I regret all those times I said Devs are not competent to balance the game properly.

    OhTofu has just opened my eyes, and after 1550 hours I realised the game is perfectly balanced, except some things like omegablinks and some broken add ons, that can always be fixed in the future

    He made me realise that you just have to be good, and those times I actually won against strong survivors was really due to my mindgame skill and game control skill.

    So @Peanits and Devs, be aware of all those who continue to say that this game is always survivor biased, because as I just realized this is not true.

    its not hard to mindgame anymore when the devs have made every single tall wall impossible to see through excluding some rocks

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658616#Comment_658616

    I don't think it's necessarily terrible, I just question why he uses it on every build.

    Nurse? Whispers

    Pig? Whispers

    Billy? Tinkerer....just kidding, of course he uses Whispers.

    I can see it on Pig, it tells him when he should crouch and creep to a gen. With nurse and billy though it is already easy to locate survivors.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658539#Comment_658539

    "Tofu opened my eyes"? Implying he sees this game better than you or anyone else..so yes you did say it..just not directly..you can have your opinion, as I am allowed to challange it with my own point of view

    That doesn't imply that at all my guy, just that he did help this player realise something. Why you jumping down his throat, did Tofu teabag you or something?

  • @Richter_Cade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658544#Comment_658544

    That doesn't imply that at all my guy, just that he did help this player realise something. Why you jumping down his throat, did Tofu teabag you or something?

    No..I just dont appreciate someone making claims that everyone is below one individual in knowledge of the game..in fact I'd argue hes even behind

  • @Galklife said:

    @LordGlint yup, a lot of killers dont know how map pressure works, why survivors bodyblocking in most cases is good for killer, and many many things (and this is what is sad) killers have way more depth ingame, but ppl are too lazy to look for that

    This is what I what I mean

  • @FishFry247 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658608#Comment_658608

    Happy I'm not the only one who thinks whispers is kinda bad, A lot of people acts like it adds so much game sense lol

    Yeah Whispers is stupid

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658529#Comment_658529

    Except the power is actually in the survivors hands how long (or short) a chase is. As survivors get more competent, it’s not hard for them to realise that there is a fairly astonishing amount of ways for them to either extend chases, create distance, or both. A good killer will always be outshined by good survivors. There’s just far too many ways for them to avoid a hit or avoid being downed once they know what they’re doing, completely mitigating any risk of the killer finding them. Being found doesn’t matter, because the worst they’ll experience is getting injured (if it’s not a one hit down)

    killers have to play using all their possibilities (moris) to kill survivors with meta perks. As well as being efficient to apply an Optimal map pressure.

  • I mean there is truth in what you’re saying.

    Some people (Either side) blame the game for not doing well, but never ask themselves if it was just them doing “bad”.

    It’s easy to just say something is broken and put the blame on that... instead of just getting better. Which is why I disagree with many posts of players claiming something is broken.

    Also, I like Tofu but I find that saying the game is perfectly balanced is a bit of a stretch. It’s not balanced because it shouldn’t be and it won’t. There are always going to be areas whether small or big that are probably unintentionally more powerful than others.

    Which IMO is absolutely fine... not everything needs to be balanced perfectly to have fun.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658630#Comment_658630

    No..I just dont appreciate someone making claims that everyone is below one individual in knowledge of the game..in fact I'd argue hes even behind

    But nobody made that claim, that's the point. He said Tofu helped teach him something, that in no way implies that Tofu is the best, better than anybody else or even that what he learned was correct. That's all crap you've imagined it means but think about it, really. Where has anybody here said Tofu is the best?

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658622#Comment_658622

    I can see it on Pig, it tells him when he should crouch and creep to a gen. With nurse and billy though it is already easy to locate survivors.

    Whispers is really good on Billy and Nurse, because you travel the Map so fast. You can simply chainsaw across the Map and keep an eye on Whispers.

    I am at the point where I basically need Whispers, because I have played so much with it.

  • The game is balanced around good solos and SWFs that aren't tryharding.

  • @Galklife said:

    @Leonardo1ita well a lot of streamers speaks like that but sadly community of this game likes to find problems outside of themself "im not bad, survs are OP" "im not bad, SWF is OP" "im not bad, Flashlights are OP" and so on.

    ofc no mather how good you would be, there are games you cant win, but thats the case in almost every game xd you just have to deal with it, dont expect games to be free wins

    Well, you are kinda right with that. But you can't deny that some killers are weak.

    LF is a perfect example. He got an instadown. His instadown needs charge and he is slower while charging. When sawing he benefits no movement bonus. He got a downtime after using his saw. His power is not existent when a survivor is good at looping.

    Billy is basically LF in viable. He got an instadown. His instadown needs charge and he is slower while charging. When sawing he benefits a huge movement bonus with lack of control. He got a downtime after using his saw. His power can instadown even good survivors on most loops, if he's played well.

    And i only showed why some killers are weak. Should i keep talking about Moris, OoO, Omegablink and Keys?

    Seriously there are still many balancing issues in the game.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658625#Comment_658625

    Whispers is really good on Billy and Nurse, because you travel the Map so fast. You can simply chainsaw across the Map and keep an eye on Whispers.

    I am at the point where I basically need Whispers, because I have played so much with it.

    @Aven_Fallen - When I try that I run straight into a tree!

  • This happens only at the start of a game for me. But its a good sign for Survivors that there is a not-so-competent Billy out there.

    I only bump into things when I use the Steering Add-Ons, because I seem to end up on Lerys or The Game when using them.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/659059#Comment_659059

    This happens only at the start of a game for me. But its a good sign for Survivors that there is a not-so-competent Billy out there.

    I only bump into things when I use the Steering Add-Ons, because I seem to end up on Lerys or The Game when using them.

    You can use the word #########. Don't worry I won't be offended! lol

  • @Richter_Cade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658634#Comment_658634

    But nobody made that claim, that's the point. He said Tofu helped teach him something, that in no way implies that Tofu is the best, better than anybody else or even that what he learned was correct. That's all crap you've imagined it means but think about it, really. Where has anybody here said Tofu is the best?

    I've already explained why it was presumptuous and I care not to argue with anyone else

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/659060#Comment_659060

    You can use the word #########. Don't worry I won't be offended! lol

    Ah, I meant myself, not you, haha. I wont think about how good someone is at the game, when I never played vs or with them.

  • "Game is balanced"

    cough killer tier list cough infinities cough Ruin meta cough

  • @Predator3174PL said:

    "Game is balanced"

    cough killer tier list cough infinities cough Ruin meta cough

    But Tofu says it’s balanced so your opinion must be wrong. Tofu’s opinion is always the truth because he is a streamer. Everybody knows that a streamers opinion is worth more than yours.

    All jokes aside, I don’t think this game is as unbalanced as a lot of people say but there certainly are some things that need looking into. This doesn’t mean the devs aren’t competent though.

  • Agreeing here. Whispers has some niche situations, but they are rare. Yeah it's good to know that in that corner noone is. But if the gen isn't touched I wouldn't search anyway, cuz searching wastes to much time. And I saw so many people searching with whispers but couldn't find anyone. Endgame whispers is strong, there is no counter in 1v1. But that's about it. Overrated.

  • Tofu actually played when this game was a nightmare for Killers. He got good.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658724#Comment_658724

    Agreeing here. Whispers has some niche situations, but they are rare. Yeah it's good to know that in that corner noone is. But if the gen isn't touched I wouldn't search anyway, cuz searching wastes to much time. And I saw so many people searching with whispers but couldn't find anyone. Endgame whispers is strong, there is no counter in 1v1. But that's about it. Overrated.

    @justarandy - I've spotted a Yoda main!

  • Nice to know. I'm sure the devs will be pleased to know they can call off the map reworks and all of the other planned adjustments.

    Overall for what kind of game it is it's not in a bad place balance wise but there's definitely still room for improvement.

  • @Predator3174PL said:

    "Game is balanced"

    cough killer tier list cough infinities cough Ruin meta cough

    Having a tier list =/= not being balanced

    Meta will always exist in every competitive game, balanced or not

  • Well, Tofu was saying that bamboozle and Spirit Fury are unfun perks, after that I can't take him serious anymore

  • @Weck - There will always be a meta but minor nerfs to the meta, and minor buffs to the trash can reduce the impact of the meta and improve variety. We are expecting a Nurse nerf and we know the devs have their eye on tweaks to the Cannibal. This will reduce the gulf between the top and bottom. They can do the same with Survivor perks.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I mean there is truth in what you’re saying.

    Some people (Either side) blame the game for not doing well, but never ask themselves if it was just them doing “bad”.

    It’s easy to just same something is broken and put the blame on that... instead of just getting better. Which is why I disagree with many posts of players claiming something is broken.

    Also, I like Tofu but I find that saying the game is perfectly balanced is a bit of a stretch. It’s not balanced because it shouldn’t be and it won’t. There are always going to be areas whether small or big that are probably unintentionally more powerful than others.

    Which IMO is absolutely fine... not everything needs to be balanced perfectly to have fun.

    He didn't say it is perfectly balanced, he said it is not insanely broken as people think. In some situations (omegablinks) it can be broken

  • @Richter_Cade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/658634#Comment_658634

    But nobody made that claim, that's the point. He said Tofu helped teach him something, that in no way implies that Tofu is the best, better than anybody else or even that what he learned was correct. That's all crap you've imagined it means but think about it, really. Where has anybody here said Tofu is the best?

    These people just like to search everything possible to attack and flame the op. It's an usual in every forum.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/659023#Comment_659023

    I've already explained why it was presumptuous and I care not to argue with anyone else

    You're wrong anyway so that's fine. Ironically, you're presuming things that were never stated and yet calling them presumptuous. It's delicious.

  • The game is balanced



    Left Behind wants to speak with you

  • I have a really bad taste of tofu because I only watched him mid rant which I thought he was totally in the wrong. It puts me off giving him a second chance. I hope he's not like what I saw for myself.

  • Boy, did I incorrectly take the title disgustingly literally.

  • Ok, then have fun with LF at rank one.

    The big problem is that other than using nurse, spirit, and maybe huntress and billy, a killer vs survivors of equal high skill will almost always end up with the killer suffering.

    The killer is limited by its first person view while survivors have third person, giving them a big advantage when it comes to mindgames if they pay attention.

    Unless the survivors mess up, the killers can only catch up to them at a fixed rate, meaning that you simply cant end the chase fast.

    The killer is mostly dependant on the survivor messing up.