So... bullying Spirit mains is a thing now?

Last time I played this game with Spirit my chat was a mess. People were telling that I should kill myself for using her, saying that my only skill is my expensive pair of headphones, so many dcs then the match becomes annoying (which makes me feel bad for chasing the rest and eventually I let them live). Not to mention how her reputation is constantly ruined by people who have voice in this community. Tofu, Scott and other streamers are always making a bad impression of Spirit and her mains.

I think everyone should play whatever and however they want but it sucks when you got so much hate and I'm starting to feel ashamed for using Spirit. I'm not a prayer beads user. Same case to my Huntress... never liked iri heads and honestly? Spirit doesn't need prayer breads. I love to play with her green add ons and also, I just love this killer! Her playstile/aesthetic are my favorite things in this game and that's all about it. Is everyone facing the same issue when it comes to Spirit? I think we should use our voice to at least get a nerf to prayer beads and let this character in peace (and her mains)

Comments

  • The hate for her got out of control after the fact that sounds for both survivors and killers were fixed, its like entitled survivor mains want the killers to be deaf.

  • Dont feel bad, play her how ever you want, I haven't played her but she seems like a class A killer, I mean I hate going against spirits, I despise them, but if your the killer, then you kill lol and as much as she p*sses me off, I'll will always defend her on how good she is lol huntress use to be the one I hated, but after going against spirit, huntress doesn't bother me anymore 😂. Spirit players rarely ever let people get the hatch, so I always smile and cheer when they grow a heart and let me be free. Also i never use to run iron will, but now I never take it off incase I'm against a spirit is alot lol

  • Let the salt flow.

    I run prayer beads + any of the green add ons, then slap an ebony mori on there

  • I feel like the new catchphrase now is un-fun. Every time you want something nerf, just say it is un-fun to play against. It started with legion being un-fun and get a nerf. So now Nurse? Un-fun. Spirit? Un-fun. Later it will be Billy being un-fun, key un-fun, hatch un-fun.

  • People being sore loser is nothing new

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654507#Comment_654507

    I think Ohtofu's and Scotts opinion are invalid towards spirit. Those players have always promoted in saying that every loop should have a mindgame and spirit's power allows every loop to be a mind game. I personally think those players devalue what skill actually is. For example, many different type of genre of games try to define skill, like in FPS games, they're based off quick reactions and quick triggers and people prefire their shots. Is that not skill? What about fighting games where people try to tech throw each other and open each other up to land high-damage strings? This could also be considered a skill. Just to be real, the game has been out for quite a while and it's been really survivor sided for really long time, and it's only recently that killers starting to develop powers that allow them to express skill by outplaying people at loops and spirit is a killer that defines high-level play compared to low-level play. She makes you use your brain instead of just relying a jungle gym and easy to follow red-glow behind you. Spirit Mind games that are true 50/50 that rely on your ability to make educated guess based on how the opponent plays are highest skill ceiling that DBD has to offer.

    A common complaint that is you need perks to play against Spirit and Nurse, however the double standard is that killers have had to run a bunch of band-aid fix of mandatory perks for years now and even with those perks, they haven't stood much of a chance. I'd agree that a bunch of mandatory perks to face X killers is unhealthy, however survivors haven't moved an inch to try to improve base game for killer so in that regard, we're getting more even. At the end of the day, I don't ever see them changing god windows, extremely safe pallets loops or fixing SWF/generator game speed which are game-breaking for killer, so in that regard, you can't really complain if killer power become strong to the point that you can't 1vs1 them in 1vs4 game disregarding their mechanical fairness.

    You're a beautiful person.... I'm serious

  • @Appleseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654798#Comment_654798

    Difference is against a billy you can see him coming straight for you with a chainsaw. You can take this information, apply your skill and try to dodge it. A challenge that you feel like you have some input in overcoming.

    Spirit, stands still, goes invisible.. Hits you from nowhere. Nothing you could really do about it most of the time.

    Thats the difference.

    Shes OP because there isn't much a survivor player can do to change the outcome of the chase no matter how good they are.

    That isn't fun aka un-fun.

    It almost seems like you dont realize that she cant see you either?

  • Spirit is one of my least favorite killers to play against and I let out a gigantic sigh of frustration every time I find out that's the killer. I'd rather play against omega/5 blink nurse, instasaw billy, instadown huntress, or insidious campmaster leatherface than play against her.

    Not saying you shouldn't use her though, we all do things the other team doesn't like and there's no way to make everyone happy so just do whatever you want as long as it's legit

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654938#Comment_654938

    She can hear you breathe, moan, walk, see scratchmarks - she does not need to see you. Survivors on the other hand can only hear her TR and have no other input on the matter making every attempt to juke her a wild guess with no skill involved.

    This is bs... survivors can do plenty to confuse, manipulate the spirit while she is phasing.... just today I simply ran in a big circle just to try something random and it worked!!... man what thinking outside the box does for ya... rather then just vault the window, get to the pallet these are things all killers expect from survivors so its predict that theyll go there......

    After running the circle she phased in the opposite direction of me giving me plenty of time to hit another rough loop where wasted more of her.... everyone else however ate shiet because nobody wants to try new things..

  • @Appleseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654938#Comment_654938

    Does it seem that way?

    Or are you just saying things in an attempt to de-value what i wrote?

    Hmm..

    You certainly didnt put it in your comment so what am I honestly supposed to think. .. would that make your comment look less like the narrative that you're trying to push??

  • @Thaznar Who wouldn’t want to DC against Prayer Beads? I’ve seen TONS of streamers DC or let go on the hook against 3-5 blinks Nurses, Prayer Beads, Iridescent Head, etc...it’s not uncommon. They don’t wanna go against it. Who can blame them?

  • @Puas_sapnU69 said:

    Whats so “fun” about spirit

    she is sooooo boring to play as and the reason for that is because she is too powerful

    even if thats a baby spirit you will literally gonna get killed

    so far the most op killer who needs a little bit of a nerf

    First of all....she isn’t OP. At base she is fine, she just has boring mechanics to go against. Depends on the add-ons you run and what killer you are. You’re just asking for an easy game if you run multi blinks, Prayer Beads, insta-saw, Iridescent Head, etc...

    Baby Spirit don’t win. They bring NOED and camp with the frosty eyes cosmetic.

    Being boring to play as is an opinion. I personally think Myers and Ghostface are boring. Same with Billy. Any insta-down killer, it feels cheap. Plus it is pretty boring to just stalk survivors and stand there. I like to chase, not stare.

    Nurse is easily more powerful than Spirit so I don’t see how Spirit is OP.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654943#Comment_654943

    This is bs... survivors can do plenty to confuse, manipulate the spirit while she is phasing.... just today I simply ran in a big circle just to try something random and it worked!!... man what thinking outside the box does for ya... rather then just vault the window, get to the pallet these are things all killers expect from survivors so its predict that theyll go there......

    After running the circle she phased in the opposite direction of me giving me plenty of time to hit another rough loop where wasted more of her.... everyone else however ate shiet because nobody wants to try new things..

    Spirit has no set in stone counter play, her counters completely rely on the spirits ability to track, Iron Will is actually useless against a spirit who can hear footsteps, all you have against good spirits is pallets, Windows and guessing.

    Trying new things just doesn’t work on every spirit. You just have to hope you guess right.

  • Only time I can say this saltiness is at all justifiable (though the toxicity not) is when Prayer Beads come into play. That said, I'll use them for interesting builds like Gen protection (tinkerer and discordance are amazing with prayer beads, ngl)


    But honestly when the sounds are working, if you have good game sense, (when it comes to FPS games I mean) she is a pretty easy killer to play.

  • Issue with spirit is the moment you give survivors information while she is phasing, i mean and type of info, her ability to kill will plumet all the way to myers tier at best. Killer's in general rely on survivor's mistakes so when a killer who can actively force out a mistakes is thrown into the mix things get hectic.

    Spirit has a cooldown on her power, moves at 110% speed, lets survivor's know she is near with her swooshing sound, doesnt see blood and survivors in power. Her only form of tracking is breathing, scrath marks, audio clues, explosions, walking and running in her power. If you shake her off while in her power it will heavily hinder her due to the cooldown and the 110% speed. There is no low risk in her because of her always having what some survivors call a "50-50" with her. If she misses then you can extend the chase more and if she doesn't then you got hit.

    Survivors have plenty of tools to counter a spirit. Iron will takes away some of spirits only information, lightweight will make it just that much harder to track you, spine chill will tell you if she is looking at you so you can move a bit to that side until it stops lighting up, windows are a direct counter to her power because she cant phase through em, if you are running near a completed gen the noise will make it harder to hear you, and urban evasion helps you hide easier around rocks and such.

    If you feel you HAVE to run 4 perks to "barely" counter her then that's just a you problem. If its possible to get to rank 1 with no perks it shouldn't be a problem when none of your perks dont help you out. Especially when they work just as well against other killers. Before you say not every survivor can get to rank 1 perkless the same can be said about not every spirit is god tier and can track perfectly all the time.

    Its a 4v1 game and you should never have an advantage over the killer in a 1v1. You are meant to go down at least once and probably die in half your games. Not every game is an escape and not every game is a death

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654971#Comment_654971

    I am running anti-Spirit and anti-Nurse build: Dane With Me - Iron Will - Quick and Queit - Lithe, so stop saying people are not trying new things. It works but not always and her chase potential is insane. If she has Stridor she will hear you anyway and good Spirit will get you. Also running 4 perks just to have better chance of countering 2 killers clearly says something is off here. She has too many cues while survivors are not getting anything. Her phasing in TR is gone, out of TR is not directional. You cannot even tell when she is or is not vaulting windows. Now imagine Nurse - she is standing still while blinking and only becomes visible after 2nd blink to score a hit. Would that be fair? I do not think so, well that's how Spirit works.

    Nurse goes through stuff and she doesn't have a real cooldown on her power. That's why her power gives more info to the survivors. If you messed up as Nurse, you are punished for 2 seconds, as Spirit you are for 15 seconds.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654986#Comment_654986

    Nurse goes through stuff and she doesn't have a real cooldown on her power. That's why her power gives more info to the survivors. If you messed up as Nurse, you are punished for 2 seconds, as Spirit you are for 15 seconds.

    And I told you this in the Billy thread. Nurse and Billy have the shortest power reload time.

  • Spirit is a cheap killer that isn't fun to play against, I personally feel she requires a nerf or a change to her power. That still doesn't excuse people to treat you that way for playing her.

  • Just don't give a ######### about what these people are saying. Play what you like!

    Spirit is strong because of her mind games and for some people this is unfun, because they cannot bully a killer who is unpredictable. For me, I rather face a Spirit than an omega blink nurse (given the nurse is good). I like the challenge spirit gives me. Am I guessing right? Or not? And what about prayer beads? Well.... just use Spine Chill. No Gen grabs anymore! Iron Will and Spine Chill are very strong anainst her. I recommend them to everyone who has problems with her.

  • @Ghost077 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655419#Comment_655419

    And I told you this in the Billy thread. Nurse and Billy have the shortest power reload time.

    Yeah, but Billy can be easily looped by decent survivors and good survivors will often force him to M1, that's what I told you last time and I tell you again.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655471#Comment_655471

    Yeah, but Billy can be easily looped by decent survivors and good survivors will often force him to M1, that's what I told you last time and I tell you again.

    "If you messed up as Nurse, you are punished for 2 seconds"- Just like a good Billy can be rehabilitated after a miss with a saw in a few seconds. There are quite a few places where you can catch survivor by turn steering during a sprint with a saw.

  • @Ghost077 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655495#Comment_655495

    "If you messed up as Nurse, you are punished for 2 seconds"- Just like a good Billy can be rehabilitated after a miss with a saw in a few seconds. There are quite a few places where you can catch survivor by turn steering during a sprint with a saw.

    Yes, a few places, in most places, Billy is easily loopable. It's really not hard to deal with him, you just need to force a M1 from him and then you can loop him like any 115% speed killer.

  • People in this game don't seem to realize the difference between characters and players, that's the problem. If you play as killer you are the killer and viceversa with survivors. That's at the base of the killer vs survivor mentality here, if you dislike/hate a character or role you also hate the player using them. I'll honestly never understand this logic.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655736#Comment_655736

    Yes, a few places, in most places, Billy is easily loopable. It's really not hard to deal with him, you just need to force a M1 from him and then you can loop him like any 115% speed killer.

    Wrote the wrong word. I meant a lot of places.

    Easy loopable, huh?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Q8O3pZWnQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVPZIR9uPS8

    https://youtu.be/1AAs_cn-ysA?t=1588

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41LKPOrVww

  • Yeah, keep showing me Zubatlel, even if he said that Spirit is stronger than Billy and that he doesn't like to play Billy against good survivors, because he is a M1 killer against them.

  • @yandere777 said:

    Issue with spirit is the moment you give survivors information while she is phasing, i mean and type of info, her ability to kill will plumet all the way to myers tier at best. Killer's in general rely on survivor's mistakes so when a killer who can actively force out a mistakes is thrown into the mix things get hectic.

    Spirit has a cooldown on her power, moves at 110% speed, lets survivor's know she is near with her swooshing sound, doesnt see blood and survivors in power. Her only form of tracking is breathing, scrath marks, audio clues, explosions, walking and running in her power. If you shake her off while in her power it will heavily hinder her due to the cooldown and the 110% speed. There is no low risk in her because of her always having what some survivors call a "50-50" with her. If she misses then you can extend the chase more and if she doesn't then you got hit.

    Survivors have plenty of tools to counter a spirit. Iron will takes away some of spirits only information, lightweight will make it just that much harder to track you, spine chill will tell you if she is looking at you so you can move a bit to that side until it stops lighting up, windows are a direct counter to her power because she cant phase through em, if you are running near a completed gen the noise will make it harder to hear you, and urban evasion helps you hide easier around rocks and such.

    If you feel you HAVE to run 4 perks to "barely" counter her then that's just a you problem. If its possible to get to rank 1 with no perks it shouldn't be a problem when none of your perks dont help you out. Especially when they work just as well against other killers. Before you say not every survivor can get to rank 1 perkless the same can be said about not every spirit is god tier and can track perfectly all the time.

    Its a 4v1 game and you should never have an advantage over the killer in a 1v1. You are meant to go down at least once and probably die in half your games. Not every game is an escape and not every game is a death

    NO NO NOOthe narrative is that "there is no counter play" so she gets the legion treatment because screw enforcing new play styles and keeping the game full with circling pallets!.... gosh you actually think logic and thought should be in this game!? Seesh.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655141#Comment_655141

    NO NO NOOthe narrative is that "there is no counter play" so she gets the legion treatment because screw enforcing new play styles and keeping the game full with circling pallets!.... gosh you actually think logic and thought should be in this game!? Seesh.

    You can’t see Spirit so you have to guess where she is, I’m not saying nerf spirit but her “counterplay” is not set in stone, it doesn’t work on every spirit, her counterplay depends on the player unless you bring strong windows into the mix.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654126#Comment_654126

    Oh I guess this was a misunderstanding. I thought you were complaining about Spirit's skill level. I mostly agree with what you said, Survivors refuse to adapt. I apologise.


    Nah it's cool man. I actually love Spirit straight out of the box both mechanically and cosmetically. Shes the reason I went from survivor main to 50/50. My only issue is people saying change the rarity on Prayer Beads. If its moved to ultra rare it will become more popular. It also severely needs a rework.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655915#Comment_655915

    You can’t see Spirit so you have to guess where she is, I’m not saying nerf spirit but her “counterplay” is not set in stone, it doesn’t work on every spirit, her counterplay depends on the player unless you bring strong windows into the mix.

    So it's the samething as going against a huntress, nurse (these 2 mainly) or really any killer actually..... skill matters....... hmmm interesting...

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655936#Comment_655936

    So it's the samething as going against a huntress, nurse (these 2 mainly) or really any killer actually..... skill matters....... hmmm interesting...

    Not at all the same for huntress or most killers, nurse and spirit are both alike in this, if they can track then you’ll have to go to a strong window or pallet and hope you guess right, with nurse you have to pray that the map has LOS blockers, the survivors skill doesn’t mean much against a spirit since you have a 50/50 chance of guessing right, unless you can tell me how to track a invisible lady that I cannot hear.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654971#Comment_654971

    I am running anti-Spirit and anti-Nurse build: Dane With Me - Iron Will - Quick and Queit - Lithe, so stop saying people are not trying new things. It works but not always and her chase potential is insane. If she has Stridor she will hear you anyway and good Spirit will get you. Also running 4 perks just to have better chance of countering 2 killers clearly says something is off here. She has too many cues while survivors are not getting anything. Her phasing in TR is gone, out of TR is not directional. You cannot even tell when she is or is not vaulting windows. Now imagine Nurse - she is standing still while blinking and only becomes visible after 2nd blink to score a hit. Would that be fair? I do not think so, well that's how Spirit works.


    I only use Iron Will, Quick and Quiet, DS, Random Perk lately head on due to the animation. Losing killers is not hard you dont need to devote all 4 slots man.

  • Decide ffs if you guys want the viable killers or not.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Decide ffs if you guys want the viable killers or not.

    Not saying I don’t, just saying that spirit doesn’t actually have much counter play. I’m ok with that though.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655974#Comment_655974

    Not saying I don’t, just saying that spirit doesn’t actually have much counter play. I’m ok with that though.

    She has the counters. Even the @Peanits said that.

  • "I spend 3/4 of my game repairing the generators, and I come to criticize how a killer is easy to play."

    I play with a headphone that costs 3$ (I live in a ######### country) but survivors always have this argument when they get screwed.

  • I would argue that she actually has less counterplay than most killers (not Nurse levels, though). Her counterplay is more related to which perks you brought, which makes it a little more rough. If you didn't already have Iron Will equipped, oof.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655982#Comment_655982

    I would argue that she actually has less counterplay than most killers (not Nurse levels, though). Her counterplay is more related to which perks you brought, which makes it a little more rough. If you didn't already have Iron Will equipped, oof.

    Spine chill? God windows?

  • Strong windows and guessing at pallets, that is her counter play, you can try other things but any other counter than the first two kinda depends on the player, also I never said she had no counter play.

  • Spine Chill still requires you getting lucky and bringing a perk before you know the killer, which goes double because Spine Chill does not fall into the regular meta. Strong windows, sure, but depending on the map, that won't be an option. You really don't want strong windows to be common enough to be considered a counter either, that would be brutally unfun for any killer.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655982#Comment_655982

    Strong windows and guessing at pallets, that is her counter play, you can try other things but any other counter than the first two kinda depends on the player, also I never said she had no counter play.

    Well she still has a more counters than nurse. At least you can stun spirit during the duration of power.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655941#Comment_655941

    Not at all the same for huntress or most killers, nurse and spirit are both alike in this, if they can track then you’ll have to go to a strong window or pallet and hope you guess right, with nurse you have to pray that the map has LOS blockers, the survivors skill doesn’t mean much against a spirit since you have a 50/50 chance of guessing right, unless you can tell me how to track a invisible lady that I cannot hear.

    Not at all the same? Even though the 3 are skill based?..... you go against a good huntress and she'll snipe you using BBQ from across the map, if you go against a bad huntress she wont hit the broad side of the barn.... if you go against a good spirit she'll make any safe loop unsafe (which is exactly how its supposed to be and why I play her) if you go against a bad spirit she'll phasewalk in the opposite direction of you everytime.... I see no difference here on how skill works...

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655993#Comment_655993

    Well she still has a more counters than nurse. At least you can stun spirit during the duration of power.

    She does have more counters than Nurse, I’ll give you that. Although, I prefer facing Nurse.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655992#Comment_655992

    Spine Chill still requires you getting lucky and bringing a perk before you know the killer, which goes double because Spine Chill does not fall into the regular meta. Strong windows, sure, but depending on the map, that won't be an option. You really don't want strong windows to be common enough to be considered a counter either, that would be brutally unfun for any killer.

    What about that counter, when you can see her while she is moving the grass/corn? Is this bugged or intentional?

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655999#Comment_655999

    What about that counter, when you can see her while she is moving the grass/corn? Is this bugged or intentional?

    You cannot see her when she is moving grass or corn.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655999#Comment_655999

    What about that counter, when you can see her while she is moving the grass/corn? Is this bugged or intentional?

    She doesn’t move grass/corn, @thesuicidefox proved this.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655950#Comment_655950

    Not at all the same? Even though the 3 are skill based?..... you go against a good huntress and she'll snipe you using BBQ from across the map, if you go against a bad huntress she wont hit the broad side of the barn.... if you go against a good spirit she'll make any safe loop unsafe (which is exactly how its supposed to be and why I play her) if you go against a bad spirit she'll phasewalk in the opposite direction of you everytime.... I see no difference here on how skill works...

    You do still have some time to react to a huntress sniping you and BBQ&C is countered by lockers.

  • Em but you should see her. Even you can see old Freddy moving the grass/corn while he was moving. Well that would be a good counterplay for her.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/656001#Comment_656001

    You do still have some time to react to a huntress sniping you and BBQ&C is countered by lockers.

    Yeah? And how do you know that the huntress has BBQ for sure until after the fact that she possibly hits you?.... BBQ has many many counters to it actually... the fact still stands that bad ass huntress can end a chase faster then a nurse can actually....

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655992#Comment_655992

    Spine Chill still requires you getting lucky and bringing a perk before you know the killer, which goes double because Spine Chill does not fall into the regular meta. Strong windows, sure, but depending on the map, that won't be an option. You really don't want strong windows to be common enough to be considered a counter either, that would be brutally unfun for any killer.

    Spine chill isnt given the credit that it deserves.... it shows when the spirit is looking at you and when not.... here while shes in phase you know when shes taking a turn and not looking at you or when shes heading straight for you giving you the opportunity to make a play before she strikes... you dont even really need iron will to "counter her"

1 2 3 4 5