Survivor New Perks are Laughable

So far we've revealed the new killer perks and new survivor perks. Oh boy Chips Ahoy survivors don't waste your hard earn dollars and just wait until the blood web have it. If buying Nancy and Steve that important to you go for it but remember you can't ask for a refund, survivor perks are literally a reiteration of what we already have.

Better Together aka Empathy and Deja Vu had a baby.

Fixated you're just look at your own stratch marks if you're that insecure about it there's a perk called Lightweight, Dance with Me, other than that Fixated is a wasteful perk.

Inner Strength seems strong but reality is you have to cleanse a totem that is if you find one, then jump in a locker assuming killers won't run Iron Maiden, you wasted more time doing that rather than find a shitkit or just self-care and botany knowledge it up.

Camadaerie is a lazy attempt at working around camping, I'm sorry but this perk is useless from a solo and swf perspective the fact is mostly in solo most randoms will UE their way to a hatch, and swf the killer can assume a survivor is around based on the paused struggle bar.

Baby Sitter and Second Wind are the only perks worth having and that's assuming they survive, if they get nerfed that's another chapter that people wasted their money on.

This chapter is severely overhyped.

Comments

  • The game is inherently forcing you to break totems for your own benefit the perks are just trying to make the mechanics and things that both sides abuse better, you can say. Either way, I don't think you understand where the hype came from. It's mostly because of the amount of players DBD can obtain from this chapter and it just makes the game increase in popularity. This is an excellent execution to bring new players and temporarily band-aid other things.

    Can't please everyone, but I can see your point.

  • Fixated sounds like a decent perk for me since it’ll let me see where the killer can track me from.

    Babysitter is good to know for whether or not to heal at the base of the hook.

    Better Together can act like bond, making it so survivors being chased by the killer can run away from it.

    I’d say these perks are pretty good and promote more advanced use.

    With the exception of Fixated, but hey! It makes hiding a lot easier.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    The game is inherently forcing you to break totems for your own benefit the perks are just trying to make the mechanics and things that both sides abuse better, you can say. Either way, I don't think you understand where the hype came from. It's mostly because of the amount of players DBD can obtain from this chapter and it just makes the game increase in popularity. This is an excellent execution to bring new players and temporarily band-aid other things.

    Can't please everyone, but I can see your point.

    I would understand if they had a totem counter then Inner Strength's full potential can come out, but as far as now with no indication that any totems are done or any are remaining, you are wasting a perk Slot which sucks. I wanted to run Inner Strength, Resilence, Small Game, and Head on.

  • Inner Strength is really good. You're likely to cleanse a totem anyways just because a lot of Killer run either Ruin or NOED. And there is 5 of them so you are very likely to find at least 1 of them very quickly.

    While it's not faster than a medkit it is far faster than self care (by 10 seconds to be exact). But more importantly it has side benefits:

    • Being in a locker for 8 seconds in a chase is doable with other perks, particularly DS which is a meta perk anyways.
    • It completely ignores healing modifiers like sloppy butcher
    • It can be primed in advance
    • You should be cleansing totems anyways to stop NOED and Ruin ect.
  • @Watery said:

    Fixated sounds like a decent perk for me since it’ll let me see where the killer can track me from.

    Babysitter is good to know for whether or not to heal at the base of the hook.

    Better Together can act like bond, making it so survivors being chased by the killer can run away from it.

    I’d say these perks are pretty good and promote more advanced use.

    With the exception of Fixated, but hey! It makes hiding a lot easier.

    Good luck with that more power to you, I refuse to waste my perk slot except for Baby Sitter and Second Wind.

  • Don't underestimate the potential of Fixated. Being able to walk at about 70% speed will be a great help when you don't want to get found.

    Inner Strength and Second Wind are okay, but they won't replace any meta perks.

    Better Together, Camaraderie & Babysitter indeed don't seem to be useful.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I have to agree with OP. Perks in this chapter are all pretty bad for both sides. Killer perks are also not very special and I fail to see all of them shaking already dull and stale meta of the game. That clearly shows devs are out of touch with their game and the community. During livestream they claimed some of the perks are strong, when in reality I fail to see them being used by players lest they want to create some gimmicky builds. Devs, I implore you - buff all the perks from this DLC in a significant way to make them viable. This can be one of the greatest chapters you have ever released, but do not let it be overshadowed by mediocre perks.

    Is this bait???? You cannot actually agree with me it's taboo for survivors and killers to agree on anything, DO YOU NOT KNOW THE RULES?!?

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    Inner Strength is really good. You're likely to cleanse a totem anyways just because a lot of Killer run either Ruin or NOED. And there is 5 of them so you are very likely to find at least 1 of them very quickly.

    While it's not faster than a medkit it is far faster than self care (by 10 seconds to be exact). But more importantly it has side benefits:

    • Being in a locker for 8 seconds in a chase is doable with other perks, particularly DS which is a meta perk anyways.
    • It completely ignores healing modifiers like sloppy butcher
    • It can be primed in advance
    • You should be cleansing totems anyways to stop NOED and Ruin ect.

    *Map Totem Hunters Laughing in the Distance*

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645957#Comment_645957

    I would understand if they had a totem counter then Inner Strength's full potential can come out, but as far as now with no indication that any totems are done or any are remaining, you are wasting a perk Slot which sucks. I wanted to run Inner Strength, Resilence, Small Game, and Head on.

    Put abit of time into the game and you can very quickly memorize totem locations freeing up a perk slot

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Don't underestimate the potential of Fixated. Being able to walk at about 70% speed will be a great help when you don't want to get found.

    Inner Strength and Second Wind are okay, but they won't replace any meta perks.

    Better Together, Camaraderie & Babysitter indeed don't seem to be useful.

    So Urban but for standing?

  • If you are refering to Survivors with Maps then they are probably also running this perk and getting a lot of use out of it.

    Otherwise I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

  • @Might_Oakk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645960#Comment_645960

    Put abit of time into the game and you can very quickly memorize totem locations freeing up a perk slot

    2 years isn't enough time to memorize the maps danggggg I need to step it up.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645971#Comment_645971

    If you are refering to Survivors with Maps then they are probably also running this perk and getting a lot of use out of it.

    Otherwise I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

    I already know there will be survivors who will purposely troll other survivors by breaking all the totems early game to prevent usage out of this perk I mean sure totems will be gone but that perk slot tho, could've been so useful.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645976#Comment_645976

    I already know there will be survivors who will purposely troll other survivors by breaking all the totems early game to prevent usage out of this perk I mean sure totems will be gone but that perk slot tho, could've been so useful.

    Tolls can do a lot worse than breaking totems. If this perk leads to Trolls spending their time disabling NOED and Ruin instead of leading the Killer to me with Bond then I'm happy.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645978#Comment_645978

    Tolls can do a lot worse than breaking totems. If this perk leads to Trolls spending their time disabling NOED and Ruin instead of leading the Killer to me with Bond then I'm happy.

    Time for the Remeber Me and Blood Warden to shine baby.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645973#Comment_645973

    2 years isn't enough time to memorize the maps danggggg I need to step it up.

    If you have played for 2 years regularly and still need to run small game that is on you my friend

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/82876/survivor-new-perks-are-laughable

    You’re just not getting it at all.

    BHVR are banking on a lot of new players jumping on board DBD due to Stranger Things, so they’re keeping beginners (particularly solo survivors) in mind with these new perks.

    Beginners, jumping into the game using Steve or Nancy are not going to have immediate access to the other perks you mentioned.

    Geez Louise, do you ever post anything positive in these forums?!?!

    i mean why do you play this game?!?!

    I thought that was what Deja Vu, Alert, and all those other beginners perks are for???? Oh wait nah they don't count huh????

  • If I would rate these perks in terms of how powerfull they can be it would be prob this:

    1. Second Wind (the best)
    2. Inner Strength
    3. Babysitter
    4. Better Together
    5. Fixated
    6. Camaraderie (the worst)
  • @Might_Oakk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645977#Comment_645977

    If you have played for 2 years regularly and still need to run small game that is on you my friend

    Well small game lessen the headache of looking for the totem considering they actually changed totem locations, one game a totem was so well hidden nobody found it until 20 minutes later and we even had a map and it was useless.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    If I would rate these perks in terms of how powerfull they can be it would be prob this:

    1. Second Wind (the best)
    2. Inner Strength
    3. Babysitter
    4. Better Together
    5. Fixated
    6. Camaraderie (the worst)

    That's putting it lightly man.

  • Similar. With Urban, you crouch at 56.5% speed instead of 28.25%. With Fixated, you walk at 67.8% instead of 56.5%.

    Take high obstacles like big rocks. If the killer thinks a survivor might hide behind it, the killers runs around the rock once to check. With Fixated, the killer won't see the survivor with one round around the rock if the surv suddenly walks at almost 70%.

    This will work with a lot of obstacles. The killer either has to spend more time double-checking or won't find the survivor.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645988#Comment_645988

    (Eye roll) because it’s guaranteed that those perks will immediately pop up in a new players blood web using Steve or Nancy...

    Considering you still have to get teachables from both of these characters and not everybody is gonna wanna play those character especially those who don't even watch the show. My Bloody Laurie can't get jiggy with it now.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/82876/survivor-new-perks-are-laughable

    You’re just not getting it at all.

    BHVR are banking on a lot of new players jumping on board DBD due to Stranger Things, so they’re keeping beginners (particularly solo survivors) in mind with these new perks.

    Beginners, jumping into the game using Steve or Nancy are not going to have immediate access to the other perks you mentioned.

    Geez Louise, do you ever post anything positive in these forums?!?!

    i mean why do you play this game?!?!

    All of those perks besides Dance with me would be available to noobs.

    Empathy/Bond is on Dwight/Claudette which are starting survivors.

    Lightweight/Deja Vu aren't teachable and thus are unlocked on everyone from the start.

  • I‘m honestly quite excited for these new perks. They seem really strong.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645984#Comment_645984

    I thought that was what Deja Vu, Alert, and all those other beginners perks are for???? Oh wait nah they don't count huh????

    Deja Vu would indeed be another beginner perk. But it serves a different purpose from these ones regarding the specifics. Also it's not as good.

    Alert isn't a training wheels perk and shouldn't be categorized as such.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645988#Comment_645988

    Deja Vu would indeed be another beginner perk. But it serves a different purpose from these ones regarding the specifics. Also it's not as good.

    Alert isn't a training wheels perk and shouldn't be categorized as such.

    Right so the new survivor perks has no business being beginner perks since there are already beginner perks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Let's all agree all these perks are bad and too time consuming. They deter survivors from their objective in order to do gimmicky stuff for the heal which can be also achieved by older, much better perks already in the game. Even for new players these perks are bad.

    I agree.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/646003#Comment_646003

    Right so the new survivor perks has no business being beginner perks since there are already beginner perks.

    No there is nothing wrong with this new chapter also having beginner perks. They aren't like the existing ones so they aren't overlapping design possibilities.

    There is no limit to the number of perks that could be used to assist new players. So long as there are also perks that are useful on their own (which there are 3 in this DLC) it's fine.

    Pretty much all chapters end up like this. You have 2 perks that are only useful for either gimmiks or new players and then 1 perk which is good at higher levels. Not necessarily meta mind you but still a good perk.

    Ash's was nerfed into the ground so worrying about that happening again is justified. But for example:

    Jane - Head on

    Jeff - Distortion

    Adam - Deliverance

    Kate - Dance with me

    Tap - ######### tap

    Quentin - Wake up

    Feng - Lithe

    Ace - ######### ace

    Laurie - Decisive Strike

    So besides Ace, Tap and now Ash every DLC survivor has 1, maybe 2 perks that get used and the rest may as well not exist. That's a roughly 33% ratio of good perks.

    This patch has 3 good survivor perks and 3 not as good but still interesting perks. 50% good perks is better than most DLC's and there are more total perks so that means that this DLC has more good perks than any other single patch ever.

    Also all 3 Killer perks are good. Not all of them are meta, but they are all good perks that I'd see myself using in a serious game.

  • Also Meg is the only survivor who's techables are all great.

    Claudette comes close but empathy is just alright but kinda eh.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645998#Comment_645998

    But the teachables won’t be interchangeable for a while to a beginner. Sure a Stranger Things fan will stuff about with other survivors and killers. But a new player switching from Dwight to Nancy will see the value in both either Bond and Better Together UNTIL they’ve reached a point where they can choose either on the same character.

    I myself as a solo survivor probably will use Better Together, and will be grateful to other players that do as well.

    And as for the universal perks, there’s still no guarantee when those will pop up in a new players blood web.

    If you have no techables then statistically they will.

  • you seem like your hating on the perks for the sake of hating on something

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    you seem like your hating on the perks for the sake of hating on something

    You seem like you don't know what you're talking aboot my friend, but go off tell me and others who agree that we're hating on the perks.

  • I doubt the perks from either side will really shake the meta, but I’d just wait and see how they actually work in game.

  • @Might_Oakk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645977#Comment_645977

    If you have played for 2 years regularly and still need to run small game that is on you my friend

    I rarely run into totems, certainly not often enough to have the spawn points memorized. I have literally only ever seen one totem on haddonfield

  • Well, the new perks are not garbage or something, and I guess a perk who let you heal in a locker for finding a totem can be rewarding. Also encourage survivors to break those totems instead of complain about hex totems aka ruin and noed. And I think perks like "Camaraderie" can help if a potato surv running with the killer chasing him closer to you, I mean at least you'll have a few seconds more.

    Also, the killer perks like Mind Breaker can help a bit against perks like Lithe or Sprint Burst. I mean of course they are not ruin but they are not useless. As an example I think "Cruel Limits" can be better than "Bamboozle".

    Yes, I agree the perks are extremely situational but I think they can be great, still we didn't test them so I say let's give them a chance.


  • Pretty much. It's actually pretty good in my opinion. A much needed buff for stealth players, we've been shafted over and over each patch for so long. But i would like it to work even when injured.

  • I'm starting to think the devs. are all killer mains.

  • @pmp2019 said:

    I'm starting to think the devs. are all killer mains.

    Remember what happened to Cote against the Koreans? Pepperidge farm remembers.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98e-Y4Lu8w

  • Wish I got the refference. Seemed like it was funny.

  • @pmp2019 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/646888#Comment_646888

    Wish I got the refference. Seemed like it was funny.

    Check out the link to the video, this is the reason survivors got nerfed into doo doo grind.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    The game is inherently forcing you to break totems for your own benefit the perks are just trying to make the mechanics and things that both sides abuse better, you can say. Either way, I don't think you understand where the hype came from. It's mostly because of the amount of players DBD can obtain from this chapter and it just makes the game increase in popularity. This is an excellent execution to bring new players and temporarily band-aid other things.

    Can't please everyone, but I can see your point.

    Forcing you to do something you don't have to do to escape and dodge a broken perk is just not the way to go about things.

    These "kill totems perks" and NOED are both trash perks who shouldnt exist.

  • @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645957#Comment_645957

    Forcing you to do something you don't have to do to escape and dodge a broken perk is just not the way to go about things.

    These "kill totems perks" and NOED are both trash perks who shouldnt exist.

    Killers will disagree and just tell you to cleanse totems.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/646936#Comment_646936

    Killers will disagree and just tell you to cleanse totems.

    How is inner strength not a strong perk? it encourages you to get rid of totems (which you should do any way) and gives you a complete health state, Like how is that not a good perk?

  • @FishFry247 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/646945#Comment_646945

    How is inner strength not a strong perk? it encourages you to get rid of totems (which you should do any way) and gives you a complete health state, Like how is that not a good perk?

    So what if a survivor had already cleanse the totem when you need to use this perk is it a good perk then?

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/646978#Comment_646978

    So what if a survivor had already cleanse the totem when you need to use this perk is it a good perk then?

    Yes, because there is 5 totems dull or not on a map. so even is someone cleanses 4 totems there will still be another one on the map. not to mention just using a Map Item will basically guarantee at least one totem and ran with other perks like Detectives Hunch will make it so strong. Lockers are becoming stronger and stronger Via things like DS, Head on and soon to be this perk. the locker mind games will be even more powerful when this perk hits


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/82876/survivor-new-perks-are-laughable

    You’re just not getting it at all.

    BHVR are banking on a lot of new players jumping on board DBD due to Stranger Things, so they’re keeping beginners (particularly solo survivors) in mind with these new perks.

    Beginners, jumping into the game using Steve or Nancy are not going to have immediate access to the other perks you mentioned.

    Geez Louise, do you ever post anything positive in these forums?!?!

    i mean why do you play this game?!?!

    People are super-dumb and forget that new players are an important part of the game's ecosystem.

    Remember, everyone: These forums are in no way representative of the overall player base. The very fact that we care enough to be here on these forums means that we represent the extremes.

  • @FishFry247 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/646990#Comment_646990

    Yes, because there is 5 totems dull or not on a map. so even is someone cleanses 4 totems there will still be another one on the map. not to mention just using a Map Item will basically guarantee at least one totem and ran with other perks like Detectives Hunch will make it so strong. Lockers are becoming stronger and stronger Via things like DS, Head on and soon to be this perk. the locker mind games will be even more powerful when this perk hits

    So if say I busted all 5 totems will I be able to transfer one of my stack to the survivor so their Inner Strength can work, man I did not know I can become Goku

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/647002#Comment_647002

    So if say I busted all 5 totems will I be able to transfer one of my stack to the survivor so their Inner Strength can work, man I did not know I can become Goku

    Well if you cleanse all 5 totems to yourself after this update your just hurting your team lol :/

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645984#Comment_645984

    People are super-dumb and forget that new players are an important part of the game's ecosystem.

    Remember, everyone: These forums are in no way representative of the overall player base. The very fact that we care enough to be here on these forums means that we represent the extremes.

    If new players were the developers intentions they wouldn't waste their time dropping cosmetics and dlcs and focus on balancing their game primarily. No matter what big name franchise you have backing you, it will disway new players from coming in because they can recognize faulty game mechanics.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/646978#Comment_646978

    So what if a survivor had already cleanse the totem when you need to use this perk is it a good perk then?

    Then cleanse a totem at the start of the game. I usually cleanse 2 per game, if not more.

    @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/645957#Comment_645957

    Forcing you to do something you don't have to do to escape and dodge a broken perk is just not the way to go about things.

    These "kill totems perks" and NOED are both trash perks who shouldnt exist.

    I mean there's always the chance you get hit by noed so doing totems is always smart. Sure, it takes time away from doing gens but I prefer actually escaping and not taking that chance that noed could proc. If you want to take that chance, then go ahead, I guess that's more totems for people that run this perk which makes it in the end more useful.

‹ 1 2 3