SWF Balance When?

The only games I get at red ranks are against SWF because solo players can't fill my lobbies. Feelsbadman. Like I can't pick any killer that is not top tier because I will get merk'd and then if I pick a good killer, I need to put good addons and maybe a mori so I can stand a chance. Regardless, I am not having any fun either way. People will say, "wait for rank reset", but that only prolongs the inevitable that I am just going to get sprung back into red ranks because killer matches at lower ranks give me 2 pips or at the very least a guaranteed pip and maybe 10 matches later I am top ranks.

I know this topic has been made countless times, but I just have to reiterate that this game is so not fun for killers at red ranks. Unfortunately for me I try to step away from survivor from time to time because my teammates either suck (red ranks btw) or I get matched with a killer that has a grudge against me so that's no fun either.

Comments

  • Never.

    Don't rank up.

  • It will never happen. Despite all the stats devs can come up with, most of the red ranks players are swf. Since they use a third party system, there's no way to control them.

    At this point, as killer, im fine to receive a bp bonus for full teams, and a small indicator to tell me the survivors who play together.

  • When you git gud you'll realize swf is already balanced :)

  • @My_Farewell said:

    When you git gud you'll realize swf is already balanced :)

    several people are typing intensifies.

  • Everything is going according to my plan :P

  • @My_Farewell said:

    When you git gud you'll realize swf is already balanced :)

    Do you hear that?



    It's the keyboards.

    *Furious typing*

  • A SWF indicator, killers buffs to the ones that need it after the solo-SWF gap has been closed more or incentives to play (like extra BP) MIGHT happen.

    Handicaps to SWF like repair speed penalties and especially anything that tries to interfere with VOIP apps or whatever will never happen.

  • All i ask is killer seeing who is in swf. Can take stronger crap against them, maybe mori and not bully randos with it.

  • @βLAKE. So when the rank reset happened you easy rank up to red rank, probably because you 4k almost every game. And that is not a problem and is balanced. But when you return to red ranks you need to put good addons and this is not balanced because you can't do 4k.

    Do you know survivors are players too? And they want to have fun too? Don't you think you only see SWF at red rank because for solo player is so difficult to rank up, and you want SWF to be at same level as solos?

  • SWFs are just unskilled Survivors that couldn't achieve anything without voice communication. It's the ultimate noob-mode, compareable with a Killer that uses wallhacks.

  • The problem with SWF is that this game is not balanced around them in the first place, it's balanced around all 4 solo teams.

    The tremendous gap between solo teams and SWF needs to be closed so there would be more room for killer buffs that need it the most.

    By not playing a top tier killer against SWF team you're essentially just asking to get shrekt.


  • @YaiPa said:

    It will never happen. Despite all the stats devs can come up with, most of the red ranks players are swf. Since they use a third party system, there's no way to control them.

    At this point, as killer, im fine to receive a bp bonus for full teams, and a small indicator to tell me the survivors who play together.

    Indicator for no killer play against swf anymore. Muhauahua

  • The best way to learn to play against SWF is actually to master your killer without addons.

    Learn to use the killer without addons and be proficient enough to get and maintain red rank without them. That way when you have a SWF group pop in you become utterly dominating with mediocre addons let alone good one.

    Learn your killer without the greatest perks. Time Management is a key here. You need to know when a chase is taking too long how long you should invest. Adjust your perks based on what you see in a lobby as well.

    Stop dodging SWF. Not every single SWF is a hardcore group of players. Some are actually just friends enjoying the game together. The only major difference between SWF and Solo is the level of communication. You can use this to your advantage it takes practice. Dodging these lobbies is hurting your skill level against them and hurting the exp of casual players grouped as just friends playing.

  • And yet I destroy these groups with Trapper and Hag.🤔 SWF is balanced, my fellow killer mains will just blame their losses on anything.

  • One thing to keep in mind is in theory when you reach red ranks you should be matched with those of equal or better playing knowledge so you have to up your game. These game should then challenge the best of players and as you rank up be hard to achieve a win.

    If you truly are going against swf all the time and managing to stay at your rank that tends to say your games are balanced for your skill level. If you reach a stage where you constantly lose then you may not at your true rank. You have to think if other players can constantly get to a higher rank than yourself is it the game or your personal skill level that is holding you back?

  • Looking at it It is and it isn't 😉.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    am i the only one here who's not having any problems with running into swf groups?

    I love it. When I can tell they're good or at least better than me it means they can take advantage of every mistake I make. Helps me learn what to not do or tricks they might try to use against me.

  • The real question is solo buffs when?

  • "When?" ?

    More like: "At All?" .

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    The real question is solo buffs when?

    I can understand people wanting solo survivors to get buffed, but i personally would hate it.

    I like it the way it is right now and love the extra challenge.

  • @My_Farewell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628188#Comment_628188

    I can understand people wanting solo survivors to get buffed, but i personally would hate it.

    I like it the way it is right now and love the extra challenge.

    Playing solo can just be so frustrating sometimes. You are so dependent on your teammates, and even at red ranks you will often get potatoes. At that point it becomes less of a challenge and more of a slaughter fest. Is it fun an exciting and challenging when you get good teammates? Yeah sure. But what happens more often is watching all 3 of your teammates doing absolutely nothing while you’re about to go to struggle phase on the hook while you have kindred equipped. Or watching Claudette urban around the map for 5 mins looking for ruin instead of working on gens. Or teammates who can’t keep a chase going longer than 5 seconds. Or a million other things that just make you wanna scream. So please just give solos some buffs.

  • The best way to learn to play against SWF is actually to master your killer without addons.

    Great tip. I wanna see how you play m1 killer against skilled SWF. Have you ever had a similar experience?

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628248#Comment_628248

    Playing solo can just be so frustrating sometimes. You are so dependent on your teammates, and even at red ranks you will often get potatoes. At that point it becomes less of a challenge and more of a slaughter fest. Is it fun an exciting and challenging when you get good teammates? Yeah sure. But what happens more often is watching all 3 of your teammates doing absolutely nothing while you’re about to go to struggle phase on the hook while you have kindred equipped. Or watching Claudette urban around the map for 5 mins looking for ruin instead of working on gens. Or teammates who can’t keep a chase going longer than 5 seconds. Or a million other things that just make you wanna scream. So please just give solos some buffs.

    What you mention is a lack of skill problem. Nothing to do with buffs.

  • @My_Farewell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628273#Comment_628273

    What you mention is a lack of skill problem. Nothing to do with buffs.

    Except for that a lot of those problems are solved with voice comms. Closing the gap between solos and swf should be a huge priority, which is why solos need buffs.

  • @GrootDude said:

    And yet I destroy these groups with Trapper and Hag.🤔 SWF is balanced, my fellow killer mains will just blame their losses on anything.

    What perks and addons do you use on Hag and Trapper? I used both at red ranks and I got destroyed when I used Hag and I got two kills as Trapper (but it was super frustrating and only got them because of NOED)

  • @Doofy_G said:

    The best way to learn to play against SWF is actually to master your killer without addons.

    Great tip. I wanna see how you play m1 killer against skilled SWF. Have you ever had a similar experience?


    Does Pig count? Shes the only m1 killer I remotely find fun.

    Typically I play most 110 killers simply because I find them more unique and fun.

  • TBH I don't really have a problem with SWF gameplay-wise, I'll just play Billy and I 3-4k at leat 90% of the matches I play if I really want to win. I have a problem with their attitude.

    I totally understand you SWFs, you enjoy playing with friends but it's quite hard for me to filter out the good SWFs from the bad ones. And it sure doesn't help when the SWF group itself contains toxic players and fair players, this is really confusing as Killer.

    Everyone expects to get their special personal treatment depending on their playstyle, which I'm simply not willing to give you. When I see someone teabagging, flashlight clicking ect. then I will assume the whole SWF group has a toxic mindset and everyone gets to suffer for it. Very often I see the the ladies complain "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, THAT WAS ACE!".

    I'm well aware of that but guess what? Ace is part of your SWF. If you want good matches, please make sure all of your friends play in a way that deserves a good match... I often get insulted especially by SWFs because of that and it starts to annoy me.

  • @βLAKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628055#Comment_628055

    What perks and addons do you use on Hag and Trapper? I used both at red ranks and I got destroyed when I used Hag and I got two kills as Trapper (but it was super frustrating and only got them because of NOED)

    I am also at red ranks, I use a Trapper bag and things to set traps faster, on Trapper I run noed(rarely gets used),ruin,BBQ&C and brutal Strength. On hag I use things for faster setting speed and things that keep tripped traps up longer, for perks I use:noed(rarely used),ruin,nurses(rarely used) and surveillance.

  • @Horrordude83 said:

    If your not a lifeless god that spends most of their life playing this game, then your gonna get beat by red rank SWF unless your nurse or spirit w add-ons. This "get gud" Crap is poor sportsmanship and isn't helping these people out. There looking for a solution so they quit getting bullied by a-holes that have nothing better to do, or at least know it's happening, or they get some kind of bonus for playing with them. Instead, people wanna bash them for it. Not everyone is on God level at this game. Give people a break! And SWF on red rank is much easier than playing killer at red rank. Prove me wrong.... Actual proof. Cause I have plenty of proof of survs destroying red rank killers that make it look easy.

    You don’t have to be a dbd god to win and most of us have lives.

  • All's well that ends well


    I know what I'm getting into if I see multiple survivors join up at once. As long as the SWF is respectable, doesn't immediately rush the gens and finish the game within 3 minutes and we both have fun I don't care


    SWF is always going to be stronger, you can't change that

  • @Horrordude83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628904#Comment_628904

    You do to compete against SWF groups at red rank. I've been there, and its not fun. Especially on ps4. Everyone is on coms, everyone running insta-heals, someone w OoO, tool boxes, etc. It might not be every match, but I'd say 7 outta 10 are now. That needs balance. I don't really know how, besides letting the killer know there going against SWF, and rewarding them better for facing teams like that, or make those teams skill checks longer, and harder, but that would just enrage SWF groups. It's not very hard to rank up, but once you hit that type of comp, it gets boring using the same 2 killers just to be able to compete. And if you use another killer and bring a Mori just to even things out, your the toxic, bad, horrible killer... 😂😆😁

    I main hag and Trapper, before rank reset I was in red ranks. I’m on the PS4 btw.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628932#Comment_628932

    I main hag and Trapper, before rank reset I was in red ranks. I’m on the PS4 btw.

    Hag is pretty top tier, so it would be easier to play against them with her.


    Trapper isn't that great, but how many consistent 2-3k do you get as trapper vs swf compared to the Hag?

  • @SpyMature said:

    The problem with SWF is that this game is not balanced around them in the first place, it's balanced around all 4 solo teams.

    The tremendous gap between solo teams and SWF needs to be closed so there would be more room for killer buffs that need it the most.

    By not playing a top tier killer against SWF team you're essentially just asking to get shrekt.

    Nah, no way you can say this game is balanced now for killer vs 4 solos. That’s clearly advantage killer. Balance lies somewhere in between.

  • @Gardenia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628933#Comment_628933

    Hag is pretty top tier, so it would be easier to play against them with her.

    Trapper isn't that great, but how many consistent 2-3k do you get as trapper vs swf compared to the Hag?

    I get 3/4k’s most games with both of them, I often win faster with hag though.

  • I’m sorry to tell you this, but when the new chapter isn’t released they aren’t adding a friends list and there will Ben cross platform. Also get gud

  • @8obot1c said:

    I’m sorry to tell you this, but when the new chapter isn’t released they aren’t adding a friends list and there will Ben cross platform. Also get gud

    What? English please?

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628944#Comment_628944

    I get 3/4k’s most games with both of them, I often win faster with hag though.

    Hey can you answer my original question? What is your build setup for Hag and Trapper?

  • @βLAKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628947#Comment_628947

    Hey can you answer my original question? What is your build setup for Hag and Trapper?

    I did answer.

    @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628317#Comment_628317

    I am also at red ranks, I use a Trapper bag and things to set traps faster, on Trapper I run noed(rarely gets used),ruin,BBQ&C and brutal Strength. On hag I use things for faster setting speed and things that keep tripped traps up longer, for perks I use:noed(rarely used),ruin,nurses(rarely used) and surveillance.


  • @βLAKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/629260#Comment_629260

    This is weird, but I don't see it and the link you posted takes me back to my original question.

    9CC54655-13F9-4B57-8DC5-FA03F9EB25E1.jpeg

    ..

  • I wonder how the game would be if we didn't have swf? Good or bad idea?

  • I wonder if there any killers that are actually ok with playing against SWF.

    Certainly they can’t all be in the forums because I often play with friends and I never see the outcry that is often had in these forums.

    In fact some killers welcome the challenge.

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/627881#Comment_627881

    Nah, no way you can say this game is balanced now for killer vs 4 solos. That’s clearly advantage killer. Balance lies somewhere in between.

    thats just it though the game was never intended to have SWF Devs NEVER wanted SWFs and said specificly it was becuz of balance issues.. they said this in Dev Stream #5.. which they deleted from their channel after adding SWFs and now are having a horrible time balancing the game


    seems they shouldve kept to no SWFs

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I wonder if there any killers that are actually ok with playing against SWF.

    Certainly they can’t all be in the forums because I often play with friends and I never see the outcry that is often had in these forums.

    In fact some killers welcome the challenge.

    I like playing against swf players it gives it more of a challenge and alot of times they stay together so easy downs.