Spirits Map needs Rework

Its awful . Just awful


when i try to get away from the killer the pallets are just placed in a wrong ways


not where they supposed to be .


the rocks and bamboo are blocking your way from the killer .


this map is unloopable

and the windows does nothing and so is the other broken down mazes that are too hard to loop because there are walls everywhere


except for the killer shack .which is normal and loopable at least


Man , i would choose mount Ormond map than this


and its frustrating for killers too

there are no mindgames cuz the rocks are huge but the height is small if you know what i mean

Comments

  • when you started your rant with "it's awful" "just awful" I seriously thought you were referring to the hidious wall of unstructured text that was following

  • It's a beautiful map but it does need a lot of work, it's huge and disorganized.

    When I saw we were getting a Japanese themed map I immediately thought of an indoor mansion map with gardens, statues, torn open doors, and weapon displays. But we mostly got a giant garden with a tiny house, I really hope we get an indoor version.

  • Bhvr has some big issues with creating new maps, everyone can notice that by looking at the last released maps. The clown map was not only the last good one, but also one of the really good balanced ones. Whoever made the clown map (or had a lot of input for that) should work for maps more and try to use his ideas from that map and use it for new maps and reworking maps.

    @Peanits a little feedback for the BHVR team from a dbd gamer since release. Please talk about that with them :)

  • @DaS_only said:

    Bhvr has some big issues with creating new maps, everyone can notice that by looking at the last released map. The clown map was not only the last good one, but also one of the really good balanced ones. Whoever made the clown map (or had a lot of input for that) should work for maps more and try to use his ideas from that map and use it for new maps and reworking maps.

    @Peanits a little feedback for the BHVR team from a dbd gamer since release. Please talk about that with them :)

    The same guy creates all maps and are doing the map reworks to my knowledge. So really it's them not learning from their past and recent mistakes

  • It is near the top of the list of many terrible maps that need reworks.

    After nurse, a huge map overhaul is the most pressing issue in this game.

  • What bothers me as survivor is that Estate is a pallet desert in the middle of the map. And there are a lot of fake paths blocked by hidden logs, it's dumb.

    What bothers me as killer is just the sheer size of the map. It's too big.

    They do need to fix this map, but IMO it's low priority compared to Haddonfield and Ormond.

  • Yeah i hate the spirit map

  • p3 claudettes are actually broken in this map xd

  • Non working sounds and everyone can just disappear in bush.

    Bye...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    My main problem with Yamaoka when playing as killer isn’t the bamboo that survivors can hide in, because slowing down and being attentive makes spotting survivors moderately easy. My problem is being in a chase, then turning to try and cut a survivor off from an alternative direction, only to blocked by a log underneath my field of view. It’s always so infuriating.

    It’s a shame because the map aesthetic is fantastic. Would me nicer if the mansion was bigger and multi-storey.

    This ^

  • Oh, i believed that this map was terrible for killers and good for survivors.

  • @Omans said:

    It is near the top of the list of many terrible maps that need reworks.

    After nurse, a huge map overhaul is the most pressing issue in this game.

    Lol. Nurse isnt as big of an issue as people dcing, or the NUMEROUS game destroying bugs that exist.

    But hey, if you cant handle a challenge every once in a while, I can see why nurse and maps are your problem.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/624525#Comment_624525

    It’s just yet another example for me personally that enforces my feelings that either both sides should be 3rd person, or both sides should be 1st person.

    If I’m being screwed over by blind spots, the survivors should be too.

    Or give killers better situational awareness by putting them in 3rd person too. Might ease the burden of going against super sweaty adrena-squads, plus we get to admire our cosmetics all match instead of the beginning of a trial.

    I actually prefer killer to be in first person to be honest. I feel like it makes me more attentive to what's in my face, and makes me more accurate when i attack.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/624525#Comment_624525

    It’s just yet another example for me personally that enforces my feelings that either both sides should be 3rd person, or both sides should be 1st person.

    If I’m being screwed over by blind spots, the survivors should be too.

    Or give killers better situational awareness by putting them in 3rd person too. Might ease the burden of going against super sweaty adrena-squads, plus we get to admire our cosmetics all match instead of the beginning of a trial.

    Absolutely, the killer fov is simply ridiculous. Its like they are trying their hardest to hinder the killer.

    How in the hell it's OK for survivors to disappear from my fov when walking close to me.

    I despite it!

  • Seen the title. I thought it was written by a killer.


    K lel

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625021#Comment_625021

    I play a lot of Plague now and pretty much only have flexibility with 3 perk slots because I simply cannot use her without Shadowborn due to her height. And even then there are still horrible blind spots Shadowborn still can’t cover for her.

    Yeah shadow born is a saver, tbh it should be base kit for killers.

    It really infuriates me that I cannot use my character to thr fullest because I cannot see.

    Fixing the fov for killers would be my favourite desire in dbd

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625061#Comment_625061

    I wouldn’t say no to a base change FoV for all killers but for me it’s funny that I can play Freddy just fine with base FoV because of how short he is.

    Every killer has differing TR, M/S, and Height, so why can’t there also be individualised FoV for each killer? Particularly the taller killers?

    Yes, I mean we should have a human like fov where by looking straight ahead you can perceive someone crouching close to you.

    A narrow fov was designed for a stealth based game, but since now it's a super Mario kart simulation we shoukd be able to see at least like a human, or even as you said in third person

  • Many maps are just ######### for both sides and imo that's a problem

    Yamaoka's, The Game, Lery's are just examples of unfun gameplay for both sides

    At least new Badham is good for everyone barring Bloodlust use. If they keep up that design style we're good.

  • So instead of hiding in the tall bushes you just wanna do an infinite, and the pallets aren't where you want them??? I for one think it is one of the most balanced maps. It's smaller for the killer and the survivors can just hide in the bushes. I feel if any map needed a rework it would be the Asylum

  • Ok but for real who designed that tile with the horizontal log hidden behind the bamboo? That ######### has gotten me killed so many times smh.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/624088#Comment_624088

    Lol. Nurse isnt as big of an issue as people dcing, or the NUMEROUS game destroying bugs that exist.

    But hey, if you cant handle a challenge every once in a while, I can see why nurse and maps are your problem.

    I see an average of MAYBE one or two d/c's a week these days. Maybe you wouldn't have so many d/c's in your games if you didn't play a sweaty nurse? I actually don't know if I've ever seen a d/c against a killer other than nurse or old legion (mori use excluded). I wonder why. I've seen as many killers d/c because they got a bad map or had a bad game as I have seen survivors d/c. Strange, that. And you already know servers are coming to supposedly fix that, anyways.

    I haven't seen any of these game destroying bugs. Do you play on console? That might be why. I'll admit I don’t know much about the console scene, but I hope they fix whatever problems there are. And just letting you know - (on PC) if nurse, maps and insta-heals are brought to an acceptable state, this game will be as close to balanced as it has ever been.

  • @Cayde1342 said:

    So instead of hiding in the tall bushes you just wanna do an infinite, and the pallets aren't where you want them??? I for one think it is one of the most balanced maps. It's smaller for the killer and the survivors can just hide in the bushes. I feel if any map needed a rework it would be the Asylum

    “it’s smaller for the killer”

    heh good oneee.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/624545#Comment_624545

    I see an average of MAYBE one or two d/c's a week these days. Maybe you wouldn't have so many d/c's in your games if you didn't play a sweaty nurse? I actually don't know if I've ever seen a d/c against a killer other than nurse or old legion (mori use excluded). I wonder why. I've seen as many killers d/c because they got a bad map or had a bad game as I have seen survivors d/c. Strange, that. And you already know servers are coming to supposedly fix that, anyways.

    I haven't seen any of these game destroying bugs. Do you play on console? That might be why. I'll admit I don’t know much about the console scene, but I hope they fix whatever problems there are. And just letting you know - (on PC) if nurse, maps and insta-heals are brought to an acceptable state, this game will be as close to balanced as it has ever been.

    I love how you assumed I play a sweaty nurse, or main killer at all.

    I play more survivor than killer and still believe what I said. Dont try to get one side vs the other on me when you've got me pegged wrong to begin with.

  • If you really have to complain about the Estates design, then it's not the map that has the problem. This is easily one of the best maps for stealth Survivors to play, not just because of hiding in the reeds, but because of the bamboo walls and mini-mazes offerways to trap and disorient both sides. Not to mention it's one of the only clown-friendly maps strictly BECAUSE of the hidden "walls". I could go on, but I've made my point.

  • @Cable2486 said:

    If you really have to complain about the Estates design, then it's not the map that has the problem. This is easily one of the best maps for stealth Survivors to play, not just because of hiding in the reeds, but because of the bamboo walls and mini-mazes offerways to trap and disorient both sides. Not to mention it's one of the only clown-friendly maps strictly BECAUSE of the hidden "walls". I could go on, but I've made my point.

    So it's only good if you have stealthy clothes or if you play clown? That's reason enough for it to be changed, you shouldn't be hiding in plain sight from the killer, I'm pretty sure the devs have even confirmed that that's not how they want the game to work.

  • You know when i first played the map as wraith I assumed the bamboo wasan obstacle therefore glazing over the survivors hiding in it. The map isnt and the game shouldnt be based on looping its why Nurse was made before the devs doubled back on it. While i hate it as killer: the map is far too big without speed racer wraith and poor doctor can only shuffle around its still fun because survivors have to either stealth or have map knowledge beyond "i can loop here".

  • Suffers from the problem a lot of the more recent maps have. It's just too big for the killer to have gen pressure.

  • @HatCreature said:

    It's a beautiful map but it does need a lot of work, it's huge and disorganized.

    When I saw we were getting a Japanese themed map I immediately thought of an indoor mansion map with gardens, statues, torn open doors, and weapon displays. But we mostly got a giant garden with a tiny house, I really hope we get an indoor version.

    This map is pretty long, but you often can find 3 gens close to each other which you can easily protect as the killer

  • @Aztreonam78 I have noticed that, tbh I rarely get to play on the last 3 maps that were added into the game. I still haven't played Temple of Purgation as Killer but get it loads as Survivor.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626808#Comment_626808

    I love how you assumed I play a sweaty nurse, or main killer at all.

    I play more survivor than killer and still believe what I said. Dont try to get one side vs the other on me when you've got me pegged wrong to begin with.

    Console player, it is. Alrighty.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626808#Comment_626808

    I love how you assumed I play a sweaty nurse, or main killer at all.

    I play more survivor than killer and still believe what I said. Dont try to get one side vs the other on me when you've got me pegged wrong to begin with.

    Console player, it is. Alrighty.