DCs Survivors Should get banned tbh...

So as a killer main myself ( A LEATHERFACE MAIN ) I experienced alot of DCs in games


its ridiculous how they just disconnect for literally nothing

i decided to make a ban schedule

10 DCs in games = 4 day Ban

20 DCs in games = 1 and a half week ban

30 DCs in games = 3 week ban

40 DCs in Games = 1 month and a half ban

45+ DCS IN GAMES = PERMA BAN


the unsportsmanlike report does nothing lol

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • DCs don't need to get reported, they are automatically tracked and if someone dcs too much, they get punished.

  • Daily Reminder that Killers also DC. Right before Rank Reset I lost 5 Pips because Killers ragequit.

  • There does seemed to be a need for harsher punishments because i still see lots of DC's despite being told they'll be banned.

  • @Rizzo said:

    DCs don't need to get reported, they are automatically tracked and if someone dcs too much, they get punished.

    @Rizzo90 I really wish I could believe that they actually get punished. However, I can only imagine how often that threshold has to be considering I face the same survivors at red rank that dc for any reason. Although, I think both killer and survivors need to be punished for disconnects.

  • They do get punished, don't worry.

  • @Rizzo said:

    They do get punished, don't worry.

    Can we please get a safe pip guarantee compensation if any survivors disconnects within the first 10 minutes of gameplay? I lost 3 ranks due to potatoes, tunnelers, campers, and disconnectors. Mostly tunnelers and disconnectors. :(

  • There is punishment but the DC punishment system should work like Rainbow Six Siege.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    There is punishment but the DC punishment system should work like Rainbow Six Siege.

    @ShrekIsHot I don't particularly play the game how does the punishment system work there?

  • It has been stated they are working on a better way to handle punishments once dedicated servers come about a few times.

    My personal wish is for a scaling timeout scenario after 1 or 2 dcs.

  • @Jdsgames

    If you leave a ranked match, you get a 30 minute ban, and for team kill or DC's, you get a higher penalty, it goes up to a few days of being banned, and it resets every week to going back to nothing.


    In my opinion, you should get a visual and auditory warning for your first DC.


    Rainbow Six Siege's banning isn't super punishing, it's just warning you to act like a normal human being, just because it's a video game does not mean you get to be disgraceful.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    @Jdsgames

    If you leave a ranked match, you get a 30 minute ban, and for team kill or DC's, you get a higher penalty, it goes up to a few days of being banned, and it resets every week to going back to nothing.

    In my opinion, you should get a visual and auditory warning for your first DC.

    I think 30 minutes is a bit too excessive to start at. I would do the following personally:

    First match per day is a freebie. After that every disconnect adds a 5 minute penalty. After disconnecting 10 matches in a day you are no longer allowed to play for that day. This will eliminate dcing for hatch and other 'outplayed' mechanics that happen with disconnects.

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596463#Comment_596463

    Can we please get a safe pip guarantee compensation if any survivors disconnects within the first 10 minutes of gameplay? I lost 3 ranks due to potatoes, tunnelers, campers, and disconnectors. Mostly tunnelers and disconnectors. :(

    I think this is fair on both sides. That way you don't have to omega try-hard on either side and have a reason to continue playing.

  • I can only second what @Ember_Hunter mentioned.

    Just, if someone DCs, if it is Killer or Survivor, give all the others at least the Safety Pip. I dont know if a Killer can manage to depip when all DC, but at least give the Safety Pip to everyone in a Trial when one or more people disconnect.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596464#Comment_596464

    I think this is fair on both sides. That way you don't have to omega try-hard on either side and have a reason to continue playing.

    Yep, if there is a disconnect, then both sides should also get the bloodpoint bonus for staying in the trial. Safe pip guarantees with disconnects makes the ranking up journey 1000x less painful.

  • I think 30 minutes is good, just enough time to get involved in doing something else less frustrating.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596484#Comment_596484

    I think 30 minutes is a bit too excessive to start at. I would do the following personally:

    First match per day is a freebie. After that every disconnect adds a 5 minute penalty. After disconnecting 10 matches in a day you are no longer allowed to play for that day.

    By knowing some of killers they will figure something to force you to DC to give you this "permission" to not play for the rest of the day

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I can only second what @Ember_Hunter mentioned.

    Just, if someone DCs, if it is Killer or Survivor, give all the others at least the Safety Pip. I dont know if a Killer can manage to depip when all DC, but at least give the Safety Pip to everyone in a Trial when one or more people disconnect.

    @Aven_Fallen this depends how the killer/survivor disconnects. Yes you can depip as killer if too many disconnect as well.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596497#Comment_596497

    @Aven_Fallen this depends how the killer/survivor disconnects. Yes you can depip as killer if too many disconnect as well.

    So killer and survivors should all get the blood point and safe pip bonus guarantee :)

  • @Nick_Wilde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596492#Comment_596492

    By knowing some of killers they will figure something to force you to DC to give you this "permission" to not play for the rest of the day

    You cannot force a disconnect as killer without hostage taking. If I slug you the game ends in 4 minutes. If I stand behind you and block you in this effectively is hostage taking record it take the DC to get out and report them. That or we can implement if the survivor is unable to move they are placed somewhere randomly on the map after a minute or whatever. This way it is almost like "Im trapped" system. That or if you are a remaining survivor in the match you can choose to "Concede" and it ends the match if you are the remaining survivor. Camping you eventually die anyway. That or instead of the concede/im trapped you can shrink the survivor hitbox when blocked by a killer so they can always slip through. Similar to the basement issue. There are fixes for common problems.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596501#Comment_596501

    You cannot force a disconnect as killer without hostage taking. If I slug you the game ends in 4 minutes. If I stand behind you and block you in this effectively is hostage taking record it take the DC to get out and report them. That or we can implement if the survivor is unable to move they are placed somewhere randomly on the map after a minute or whatever. This way it is almost like "Im trapped" system. That or if you are a remaining survivor in the match you can choose to "Concede" and it ends the match if you are the remaining survivor. Camping you eventually die anyway.

    i am telling here about memento mori and instantly starting with it when someone is knocked down and other toxic behaviors this game always had potential, but devs need to think about how to delete toxicness from this game

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596501#Comment_596501

    You cannot force a disconnect as killer without hostage taking. If I slug you the game ends in 4 minutes. If I stand behind you and block you in this effectively is hostage taking record it take the DC to get out and report them. That or we can implement if the survivor is unable to move they are placed somewhere randomly on the map after a minute or whatever. This way it is almost like "Im trapped" system. That or if you are a remaining survivor in the match you can choose to "Concede" and it ends the match if you are the remaining survivor. Camping you eventually die anyway.

    And dont try to defend camping, all knows that only bad players do it to win ... when i play as killer what is rarely i dont do it and i can get 4k

  • @Nick_Wilde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596507#Comment_596507

    i am telling here about memento mori and instantly starting with it when someone is knocked down and other toxic behaviors this game always had potential, but devs need to think about how to delete toxicness from this game

    Memento Mori fix: As you are being channeled on you still bleed out. Boom magical fixes.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596511#Comment_596511

    Memento Mori fix: As you are being channeled on you still bleed out. Boom magical fixes.

    Boom it is still toxic and reportable

  • Because nobody wants to go against a Leatherface. All they do is camp and tunnel and use their chainsaw. Annoying. Survivors don’t need to get banned. And if there was a banning system it should be a max of 30 minutes. Nothing more. But since there is only one playlist in this game besides killer then right now there shouldn’t be a banning system. Usually people get banned in competitive play, it’s not our fault this game only has competitive

  • https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest

    I don't see mori-spam as a case for getting banned. However, if it is it would fall under griefing which is a stretch. If they don't ban for teabagging and other toxic behavior I doubt this would not fall under the same blanket.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596516#Comment_596516

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest

    I don't see mori-spam as a case for getting banned. However, if it is it would fall under griefing which is a stretch. If they don't ban for teabagging and other toxic behavior I doubt this would not fall under the same blanket.

    thats why i think they should start banning people for toxic behavior in other games developers do it and games are fine, people dont disconnect because they have fun. And most important these games have good opinion and more players play it, so they dont have to worry about long lobby searching like here.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596511#Comment_596511

    Memento Mori fix: As you are being channeled on you still bleed out. Boom magical fixes.

    That's how it works and has worked for two and a half years.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596515#Comment_596515

    That's how it works and has worked for two and a half years.

    That I didn't know actually. A lot of animation based things will stop the progression. @Orion thanks for that still again not a hostage situation they will die.

  • @Rizzo said:

    DCs don't need to get reported, they are automatically tracked and if someone dcs too much, they get punished.

    As of patch 3.1.0 (Ghost Face midchapter patch, the one with the Freddy rework) the rightmost report option ("Unsportsmanlike") still lists "rage quitting" as a report reason. Is that intentional?

  • The in game report system was made before they changed how the dcs are handled, so it still contains it. It will get revamped at some point.

  • @Rizzo said:

    The in game report system was made before they changed how the dcs are handled, so it still contains it. It will get revamped at some point.

    Just wanted to say im sry about being a toxic guy in that discussion 😂❤️

  • I honestly think a time out would work better than bans tbh. A longer time out every time you DC and enough DCing could lead to a ban (as it does now).

  • People will just suicide on first hook then. U really think people are that stupid that they keep DCing till the permanent ban? You are naive.

  • @DaS_only said:

    People will just suicide on first hook then. U really think people are that stupid that they keep DCing till the permanent ban? You are naive.

    DC is bannable

    and it always should lol

    people just keep on dcing and to me it isnt fair

    just saying that of they kept doing it they will be punished harder

  • @AMAlol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/597879#Comment_597879

    DC is bannable

    and it always should lol

    people just keep on dcing and to me it isnt fair

    just saying that of they kept doing it they will be punished harder

    What are you talking? I don't understand what you trying to say.

  • @ZacKdbd said:

    Because nobody wants to go against a Leatherface. All they do is camp and tunnel and use their chainsaw. Annoying. Survivors don’t need to get banned. And if there was a banning system it should be a max of 30 minutes. Nothing more. But since there is only one playlist in this game besides killer then right now there shouldn’t be a banning system. Usually people get banned in competitive play, it’s not our fault this game only has competitive

    I dont care they should get banned if they dont want to go against a killer they dont like let them kill themselfs on hook

  • @DaS_only said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/597902#Comment_597902

    What are you talking? I don't understand what you trying to say.

    Im saying i do not care


    they should get banned if they kept on DCing


    But you said that they can suicide on hook?


    Ha you wish


    nobody in my game did that

    they just going off hook trying to escape but when i get them dying state they DC


    sooo yeah


  • What time frame should this be within?