What buffs would you give The Clown?
'Cause I dont know about you, it sucks his performance (or lack of) will hinder the likelyhood of his new skin being shown to the world.
(At least Feng's getting one. Congrats to the contest winners!!)
'Cause I dont know about you, it sucks his performance (or lack of) will hinder the likelyhood of his new skin being shown to the world.
(At least Feng's getting one. Congrats to the contest winners!!)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I honestly think we might wanna wait to change him too much until the reworked maps. I TRIED playing him on PTB on the new preschool maps with the new pallet changes, but... Due to ranks being all over the place in PTB, I only got to play against potatoes. Clown is good at forcing the pallet down early on pallet loops. If more pallet loops in the game are playable, meaning you dont HAVE to kick it and can get a hit on a survivor working around the thrown pallet... That could work fine.
I wanna Blink with him. Would be an amazing spectacle.
Or just let him ride Maurice and run down survivors.
I'd just make his slow longer by default then nerf the flask of bleach add-on that adds a second penalty.
Ether 10 or 15 default basically.
@Bbbrian2013 The flask of bleach only gives an extra 5%, how much of a nerf does it really need?
That's very true, a lot of the "weaker killers" only suffer because of the garbage map design. (Hence Enduring/Spirit Fury being so popular on the """M1""" killers)
@StarMoral I feel like running enduring on Clown to force survivors to stick around these unsafe pallets could be a VERY effective playstyle with him with these palletloops in play.
I couldnt tell you one thing about clown lol
I still have him at level 1.
I'm more of a rushdown/stealth killer guy
@StarMoral Pretty much, when a survivor NORMALLY uses a basic pallet loop, they might be able to loop it around 3 times. If clown throws a bottle, they gotta throw down the pallet after 1 loop. If you recover from the pallet stun quickly using enduring, you force the survivor to either abandon the palletloop and try to get to another while moving at a reduced speed...which would probably result in a hit...OR, try to play the pallet until the killer gets annoyed enough to kick it or the killer gets a hit in. The pallet kick gives you time to get to another loop, while the hit would give a speedboost that would allow you to run to another loop.
Well the main reason the Clown underperform is the same as all the low tier killers: low map pressure. It does not matter how fast you end a chase, you still have to slowly amble over to your next target. And on large maps thats quite penalizing.
But making the clown faster is not the solution. It does not fit his charatcer concept. What he needs is something to affect the survivors outside of chases.
His tonic could have some lingering effects on survivors. Keeping their vision slightly blurry and making skill checks more difficult for X seconds after being affected. Maybe some slight cough too. Anyway, something beyond the slow, so throwing bottles at far away survivors actually do something to keep them off he generators.
Another idea inspired by the Plague would be the ability to douse a generator with his tonic, remaining for X seconds. If a survivor tries to interact with a doused generator, it will release a cloud of tonic causing the usual effects, wich include screaming.
@Sairek Just figured I should mention that The base slowdown of the clown is 15%, not 10%.
@Sairek The addon grants an additional 5%, turning the 15% base slow into a 20% slow.
Power: The Afterpiece Tonic
One of the problems with the clown is the inconsistency with bottle throws, collision and gas area of effect.
Without adding new mechanics, reload time and reload movement speed, gas area of effect,
Fix all his bugs, ALL of them. make it so hes not slowed when throwing bottle. make the slow slightly more so when hit directly by bottle, maybe make it so your slowed by 3 seconds. about it. maybe one or 2 more things ill add later but im in a rush atm, this is a quick fix
edit: also make it so gassed survivors are slowed when vaulting pallets
Put in each map 2 or 3 tall unicyles he can take to move around the map, but he can't use in chases to hit survivors (so tall), with 1-2 secs to get off
I would love if that base movement penalty was -20% instead of needing add-on for it.
Change his tonic to Molotov cocktail.
A thread for me! I am gonna post the long list of suggestions I accumulated, with the help of other users, in my own Clown buff thread a long time ago.
Here's a link to that thread, in case anyone's curious. → https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/61217/so-clowns-the-least-lethal-killer-on-pc/p1
Different colours for bottles and gas.
I'd like to see the gas effect last for about a minute, maybe 90 seconds. Survivors in the gas also have moderately reduced action speeds for things such as repairing/healing, and the debuff lasts for 20 seconds after leaving the gas.
Clown's gas clouds would act like Hag traps, where after the cap is hit, any additional clouds made will make the earliest one disappear.
All this would help Clown's main issue of keeping map pressure without making him unfun or too one-sided in a chase. Of course, the timing on everything can be changed around for balance. The main goal is to provide a sort of lockdown in an area, having a reason to avoid stepping in gas, and provide map awareness when survivors scream from the clouds.
Would like to be able to drop a bottle at my feet during a loop just with a button press and no slowdown.
I would add a benefit for landing a direct bottle hit, moreso than just the increased vision blur. Probably some extra slowdown.
Apart from that, not much. Maybe a bottle reload movement speed increase or duration decrease.
Oh and there should be a pretend mori where instead of stabbing them you honk their nose and let them go. He's a clown right?
The generator one would be game changing :D
I'd give him a very simple buff:
The bottles need to travel faster. What's the point of having a ranged attack if you mostly have to piggyback survivors to land it?
I mean, I've had survivors outrunning a lobbed bottle before. They definitely need to travel faster.
Best idea right here
I would get rid of the slowdown he gets from throwing the bottles.