Toxic.
Now that I have your attention, I need everyone to listen. It's really irritating that absolutely NO ONE knows the definition of:
Toxic.
Toxic is NOT: Camping, Tunneling, Teabagging, Flashlight Saves/Clicking, Instaheals, Looping, Slugging, Anything else that is NOT explicitly against the rules.
Toxic IS: Lagswitching, hacking, exploiting in a way that gives an UNFAIR advantage to one side, toxic post-game chat, or any other explicit violation of the rules.
Thanks.
Comments
preach!
and technically, being toxic also means shoving your ego in people's faces!
don't do that. lol
Gonna have to say a 'no' on teabagging. It's not a mindgame, it's purpose in any game is to be a taunt.
Flashlight clicks, I can see as you're trying to grab killer agro.
Everything else is A okay.
toxicity is completely subjective
calling something toxic is just a meme at this point
Things are toxic only if you consider/let them be toxic.
Teabagging and flashlight spam clicking is toxic.
"Lagswitching, hacking, exploiting in a way that gives an UNFAIR advantage to one side" "or any other explicit violation of the rules."
No, this is not toxic. That is cheating. Those are not the same thing.
I mean, many killer mains hitting someone on the hook say it's not toxic...but that's a taunt if I ever seen one.
Are you saying cheating isn't toxic?
To me cheating is not toxic. They are 2 different things.
Also because toxic is highly subjective by definition.
Pretty sure that everyone can have their own definition of toxic FOR dbd, but ok.
@Blueberry
For me, toxic is a synonym for cheating.
Cheating is worse than toxicity imo.
WRONG.
That wouldn't follow the formal definition but you do you.
@TreemanXD
Like @TheRoyalOwl said, everyone has their own definition. I just find it frustrating that people use the word in context that is counterproductive to their point.
It's true, isn't it? Everyone literally does have their own definition. Issue is, there is only one correct definition, and it's not up to interpretation nor is it up for debate or opinion.
To be toxic is to generally just be an #########. To be arrogant, to be egotistical, and generally try to piss people off somehow. To be toxic is to talk ######### after games and abuse exploits in game (like infinite mend Legion etc). Cheating, while wrong, and of course cheating and bannable, is ABSOLUTELY toxic.
What ISN'T toxic is using ANY in game item or perk. Whether that be flashlights for blinding killers, or DS to get off their shoulder. I would even argue that taunting can't be considered toxic. Lots of games, real sports and video games alike, have some form of taunting in them. Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it toxic.
I mean cheaters are usually toxic although I have only encountered 5 and I have been playin since 2016
This.
@StarMoral
teabagging is smart in most cases mid game thou. If u want aggro it works most the time. As wraith I’ve learned to not feed into it but. If I want to be chased dropping a pallet on a killer and doing that normally works.
toxic is dropping all the pallets on the map just cause...
Teabagging is the same as grabbing aggro though. It grabs it a lot faster than flashlight clicks too.
The only case it doesn't is when it's done right before the end of the game.
@Visionmaker
glad someone else realizes this lol
Yeah.. if we're gonna outlaw everything that makes people babyrage, we'd eventually just delete pallets and Claudette.
@Visionmaker
i mean the person doing something they know will make u mad... seems like a no brainer. Chase me so they can do gens.
its like noed and ruin learn how to play and they have no power. Don’t get tunnel vision as killer I used too. But have learned not too
Cheating is going against the rules. Bannable 100%
Toxic is going against good manners and sportsmanship. Not bannable.
Toxicity is when you do something to piss off someone else or ruin it for them.Teabagging is toxic; they could be using that time to run, but they're sitting there taunting you instead to piss you off and make you play tilted.
Cheating is when you break the game in some way to piss off the opponent or win the game. Toxicity is when you use the games mechanics to piss off the opponent. Looping isn't toxic, Stealthing isn't toxic. I'd say slugging is toxic if you don't try finish the kills and just let them bleed out. Camping can be too if you're doing it just to piss him off (facecamping is always toxic since it's better to patrol the immediate area instead, but this is self punishing most of the time since everyone else will just do gens.)
Actually no, the things you listed are CHEATING, which is toxic as well, but not limited to your arbitrary list. Toxic is doing things to intentionally make life miserable for others knowing that it does that. Camping and tunneling are in fact toxic. Teabagging is toxic.
@purebalance7
Camping and tunneling are, in fact, legitimate strategies.
Although the OP seems to think to know what things are defined as toxic, he doesn't really know it overall.
It is both, but it depends how you see it.
Your toxic term #1: Being a jerk
Your toxic term #2: Being unfair and genuinely an ass
I agree with your opinion.
All crouching is not toxic, all flashlight use is not toxic. Camping/Tunnelling is toxic, UNLESS they are doing it to a survivor that just ran them for 4-5 gens, then it's understandable.
You know what is funny? Toxic people complaining about toxicity. Lots of them on these forums.
Going out of your way to be annoying is toxic.
Playing efficiently for the most BP possible (even if it includes camping/tunneling/swf teams, good items or add ons and hated perks on both sides) is not.