DS is a .......

How am i suppose to counter It? Count up to 60s ?

Comments

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/516380#Comment_516380

    Noed requires survivors to fail in order to do anything.

    so you classify survivors doing generators as survivors failing, hmmmmmm... makes sence

  • @NurseMainBTW said:

    For now Enduring is still a good perk to go against it if you really want to hook them again.

    Or, just do as I do, slug. Most survivors free the obsession in front of you knowing they have DS and expecting the killer to pick them up as soon as you down them. Go for this route instead:

    • Down the savior
    • If the guy with DS is close enough, chase them for a bit and down them again
    • Go back to the hook, hook the savior. 20 or 30 seconds should have passed by the time you did the procedure.
    • Stay between the slugged DS user and the guy hooked, this gives you a huge amount of time since the other survivors are forced to come for the rescue.

    BUT enduring wont count for ds stun anymore or head on stun next patch only pallet stuns

  • I like how he’s angry reacting to everyone telling him not to tunnel, so toxic.

  • @Star99er said:

    I like how he’s angry reacting to everyone telling him not to tunnel, so toxic.

    Well to mediocre killers, camping and tunneling is their life and they get sensitive about it.

  • When playing Killer and I see all Survivors have DS slotted I just laugh and say something like:

    "Sorry all 4 of you wasted a perk slot with DS on a Killer who doesn't tunnel"

  • When playing survivors and I see all killers have ruin slotted I just laugh and say something like:

    "Sorry of you wasted a perk slot with ruin on a survivor who gen tapping"


    See how weird it is?

  • @bgbomb said:

    When playing survivors and I see all killers have ruin slotted I just laugh and say something like:

    "Sorry of you wasted a perk slot with ruin on a survivor who gen tapping"

    See how weird it is?

    Please do that, gen tapping is slower than working through it. :)

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/517468#Comment_517468

    Please do that, gen tapping is slower than working through it. :)

    That's the point.

    Not tunnel is not a counter to ds.

    Just like gen tapping isn't.

    If ds force you not to tunnel .

    It already work.

    It is op because when you got unhooked.

    Killer has to choose

    1.give you a free escape and you still save your ds(or maybe you don't even have ds in the very first place ).

    2.spend 30 sec to get a 5 sec stun Which still give you a free escape.

    Which is op in my mind.

  • @SloppySeconds said:

    DBD is strange, when I heard about the Mettle of Man perk being nerfed I thought some other killer second chance perk will also have some sort of downfall, but nothing.

    Still waiting. Or at least make that one hated perk activate at Tier 3, too many Tier 1 killers with NOED running around.

    maybe

    just maybe

    because when a broken perk like MoM born in to survivor's perk pool.

    not a same level perk born in to killer's perk pool.




    but remove save unhook is too much for me actually......

    i bought the dlc just for that perk.........

  • @DoubleTap said:

    When playing Killer and I see all Survivors have DS slotted I just laugh and say something like:

    "Sorry all 4 of you wasted a perk slot with DS on a Killer who doesn't tunnel"

    I'm a big believer in the philosophy of preferring to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Same as when all totems get cleansed and you learn after match that the killer did not have Noed. Don't regret cleansing them all. Better safe than sorry.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/516488#Comment_516488

    @Mew why is everyone saying that it rewards bad killer plays?!

    Killer has still to find, chase and hit the survivors.

    Killer is bad if he let the survivors get to endgame? So basically he's bad if he doesn't tunnel, and kills as fast as possible (mori).

    Fast matches punish the killer pip wise.

    So what is it now?

    I never said the killer is bad just because end game was triggered, I'm saying that at a gameplay stance- the killer technically failed their job of sacrificing survivors. Also, most loops become laughably easy if you're a 115 speed killer (or well, nurse.) Noed is also just very frustrating and annoying to go against- because most bad killers can snowball into getting at least 1-3 kills with it (sometimes four.) Should noed be changed though? I don't think so, as even if the perk can be annoying, i find that it does have counters (even if they're boring ones.)

  • Step 1: Play Leatherface

    Step 1: Hook DS survivor

    Step 3: Rev chainsaw in their face and camp till they die. No DS used.

  • @Arroz said:

    Dont tunnel!

    Dont get mad but when someone complains about Noed ya'll say "cleanse the totem" :9

    This is dumb

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Lol imagine still complaining about DS. Yikes.

    Never complained about old ds. Old ds was balanced for me. Just bring back old ds and remove this new ds that lasts forever and you dont even know when it ends. So basically i have to pick up survivor relying that ds is over!? How ridiculous is that? Or i have to run some third party program to counter in game perk?

  • @HarryToeknuckles said:

    Yeah, don't tunnel the survivor that's just been pulled off the hook. Not hard.

    Yea except when that survivor recklessly goes in to save another survivor and gets rewarded for a bad play.

  • @Slayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/516503#Comment_516503

    Never complained about old ds. Old ds was balanced for me. Just bring back old ds and remove this new ds that lasts forever and you dont even know when it ends. So basically i have to pick up survivor relying that ds is over!? How ridiculous is that? Or i have to run some third party program to counter in game perk?

    Bring back old ds? You can't be serious...

  • I’d rather have old ds, there was at least a counter to it. Now it’s yet another tool for toxic swf.

  • @Tsulan said:

    @Arroz Excellent point, my friend!

    Survivors get 60 seconds of protection for failing. That's what this whole thread is about.

    Thank you, for agreeing!

    @Tsulan

    You have to agree that it's way more balanced than the previous DS tho.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/516238#Comment_516238

    @Tsulan

    You have to agree that it's way more balanced than the previous DS tho.

    @NMCKE it is, but it still feels like a crutch.

  • @Tsulan

    If I see an injured survivor trying to bait me and I remember they was unhooked, I'll just slug them for a good while because they probably have DS. Sometimes they DC because their bait didn't work out.


  • I agree it is a crutch, it requires nothing besides getting off a hook. While you can wait it out, it is a very long time and its a perk that rewards bad play rather then good. And the fact is I've gotten someone on a hook after letting that person go, found them later on a gen, downed them, went to pick them up and they STILL had DS. Its ridiculous.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    I agree it is a crutch, it requires nothing besides getting off a hook. While you can wait it out, it is a very long time and its a perk that rewards bad play rather then good. And the fact is I've gotten someone on a hook after letting that person go, found them later on a gen, downed them, went to pick them up and they STILL had DS. Its ridiculous.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/518929#Comment_518929

    @Vetrathene definitely agree on it punishing killers who dont even tunnel. While saying "just dont tunnel" is pretty easy, its still pretty easy to catch someone on a totem or a gen within that 60 second window. While i suppose slugging IS a possibility if you suspect someone has DS, its equally as likely they have unbreakable. It also doesnt help at all if someone runs strait into a locker in front of you, knowing you cant hit them and leave them on the ground. In that case, unless you want to stare at a locker for 60 seconds, you either gotta eat the DS or leave.

    Biggest problem I currently see with the current iteration of DS though is the things survivors can generally get away with because of the 60 second safety window. If the perk is meant to protect someone from being downed again right off the hook, why is it still protecting them if they choose to rush an unhook themselves afterward, break a totem, work on a gen, ect.

    TBH, i wouldnt mind it if they removed the timer all together and allowed it to stay on indefinitely until the survivor either heals up or does any action other than healing (such as working on a gen). Id be interested in hearing thoughts on this and either your reasoning for either being for or against it.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/519020#Comment_519020

    @Vetrathene definitely agree on it punishing killers who dont even tunnel. While saying "just dont tunnel" is pretty easy, its still pretty easy to catch someone on a totem or a gen within that 60 second window. While i suppose slugging IS a possibility if you suspect someone has DS, its equally as likely they have unbreakable. It also doesnt help at all if someone runs strait into a locker in front of you, knowing you cant hit them and leave them on the ground. In that case, unless you want to stare at a locker for 60 seconds, you either gotta eat the DS or leave.

    Biggest problem I currently see with the current iteration of DS though is the things survivors can generally get away with because of the 60 second safety window. If the perk is meant to protect someone from being downed again right off the hook, why is it still protecting them if they choose to rush an unhook themselves afterward, break a totem, work on a gen, ect.

    TBH, i wouldnt mind it if they removed the timer all together and allowed it to stay on indefinitely until the survivor either heals up or does any action other than healing (such as working on a gen). Id be interested in hearing thoughts on this and either your reasoning for either being for or against it.

    @LordGlint survivors would abuse this by running around injured. Just as they do with the Plague.

  • @Tsulan but unless they plan on not doing literally ANYTHING productive... it wouldnt be abuse-able. As soon as they start working on a gen, cleansing a totem, unhooking a teammate, ect...it turns off.


    The only time I see this being a problem would maybe be during EGC...so maybe have it turn off then too? i dunno. Just spitballing

  • @LordGlint oh, my bad. I misread.

  • @Tsulan your fine my man. Thanks for going back and rereading. What do you think about the idea though?

  • @LordGlint sounds ok. It would turn DS into a true anti tunnel perk.

1 2 ›