Why is everyone trying to get DS butchered?

It's disgusting. That perk used to be abhorrently overpowered and now it's finally balanced and I've seen people writing that 'Ds ShOuLd OnLy HaVe A 2 SeCoNd StUn'. Or even better, Ds ShOuLd OnLy HaVe A 3O SeCoNd CoOlDoWn'.

Calm down, it's balanced. You can slug, NOT TUNNEL or just eat it (like I do, since I shamelessly tunnel whoever runs at me).

MoM was understandable since that perk was broken. But DS is fine. Stop whining it has counterplay. It's so weak compared to before but only a few people see this.

Comments

  • It's a great anti tunnel perk, only people complaining about it are the ones that camp/tunnel.

  • @drunky26 As I said, as someone who tunnels, I see no problem with it. I think it's balanced and a fine perk. And that's from someone who plays 95% killer and wrecks whoever runs at me.

  • Because you get hit by it after hooking 2 other people. That's not tunneling. That's just dumb.

  • Insecure and boosted players that can't get away with tunneling and camping at higher ranks are personally offended by anti-camp and anti-tunnel perks.

    If I get stomped by MoM/DS/Adren/BT survivors, I just suck it up and try to counter it next time because those games are a few and far in between and there are always misplays on my behalf involved. But that's just me.

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    Because you get hit by it after hooking 2 other people. That's not tunneling. That's just dumb.

    @Condorloco_26 What if you downed the 'unhooker' right after they unhooked with an instadown killer like Billy and instantly downed the 'unhooked' from some instacooldown.

    Then you hook the 'unhooker' and then the 'unhooked's' DS is gone because of your nerf idea? You tunnelled him and exploited a way to remove his second chance.

    Your idea would work and I would have agreed with if it, if it wasn't so abusable.

  • @Visionmaker said:

    Insecure and boosted players that can't get away with tunneling and camping at higher ranks are personally offended by anti-camp and anti-tunnel perks.

    If I get stomped by MoM/DS/Adren/BT survivors, I just suck it up and try to counter it next time because those games are a few and far in between and there are always misplays on my behalf involved. But that's just me.

    @Visionmaker when I get stomped, I take it as a wake up call to improve. It's why my skill as Spirit goes up so drastically after I get stomped, because I learn from it. It's also why I play her base relatively well.

    I get stomped every now and then, but I learn and improve from it.


    You're similar to me in that sense, you acknowledge your mistakes and learn from it :)

  • People want it nerfed because its not an anti tunneling perk, its 60 seconds of immunity after being unhooked.

    You can do the exact opposite of tunneling and still get hit by DS. Its stupid and SWF abuse the hell out of that fact.

  • @PeepingPeacock said:

    People want it nerfed because its not an anti tunneling perk, its 60 seconds of immunity after being unhooked.

    You can do the exact opposite of tunneling and still get hit by DS. Its stupid and SWF abuse the hell out of that fact.

    @PeepingPeacock Slug, slug and slug. Or just get a stopwatch and count 60 seconds. I

  • @PeepingPeacock sorry let me finish, I've faced a SWF trying to abuse DS, I just slugged them and watched them bleed out.

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    Because you get hit by it after hooking 2 other people. That's not tunneling. That's just dumb.

    This.

  • @Vetrathene

    @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502412#Comment_502412

    @Condorloco_26 What if you downed the 'unhooker' right after they unhooked with an instadown killer like Billy and instantly downed the 'unhooked' from some instacooldown.

    Then you hook the 'unhooker' and then the 'unhookeds' DS is gone because of your nerf idea? You tunnelled him and exploited a way to remove his second chance.

    Your idea would work and I would have agreed with if it, if it wasn't so abusable.

    This. :P


  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502435#Comment_502435

    @PeepingPeacock Slug, slug and slug. Or just get a stopwatch and count 60 seconds. I

    Camp a moving guy for 60 seconds gaining nothing in the meantime and if you look away for half a second someone can one tap heal them. That's dumb and why people want it changed.

    I guess some people that tunnel are salty about it, but all of the complaints I see against the perk are that it ######### over killers that are not even tunneling.

  • First, I love that the complainers come out of the woodworks and act like they're getting 2-3 downs within 60s but somehow struggle with slugging or taking a single stun. What a joke.

    @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502432#Comment_502432

    @Visionmaker when I get stomped, I take it as a wake up call to improve. It's why my skill as Spirit goes up so drastically after I get stomped, because I learn from it. It's also why I play her base relatively well.

    I get stomped every now and then, but I learn and improve from it.

    You're similar to me in that sense, you acknowledge your mistakes and learn from it :)

    @Poweas Exactly. I run brown add-on Legion 95% of my games. It's rewarding to have a landslide victory, and it's humbling to notice mistakes.

    I also run MYC now to counter BT/DS, but hey, who am I to say how others should play?

  • It's disgusting.

    Obviously

    It's an anti tunnel perk

    Tunnelers will hate it :)

  • @PeepingPeacock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502439#Comment_502439

    Camp a moving guy for 60 seconds gaining nothing in the meantime and if you look away for half a second someone can one tap heal them. That's dumb and why people want it changed.

    I guess some people that tunnel are salty about it, but all of the complaints I see against the perk are that it ######### over killers that are not even tunneling.

    Why would you camp a slug? Slugging can be strong. You get pressure from it just as hooking someone without even needing to carry them to a hook.

    And as for the topic, I think DS is fine and maybe one of the reasons people still hate it is because they still have battle scars from the old DS

  • That problem is, is that you can hook a couple of people and find the person with DS and still get hit by it even though you weren't tunneling.

    Also yes you can just slug them but having more than 1 person slugged without running a slugging perk is just a bad idea. That and not everyone is super cocky when they have DS.

    Also just eating a DS can hurt you alot in higher ranks.

    I don't think reducing the stun time is good idea, but having 60 seconds is a bit too long.

  • @rch614 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502447#Comment_502447

    Why would you camp a slug? Slugging can be strong. You get pressure from it just as hooking someone without even needing to carry them to a hook.

    And as for the topic, I think DS is fine and maybe one of the reasons people still hate it is because they still have battle scars from the old DS

    Because they are inexperienced and camping is all they know..

    Anyone who plays at red ranks or observes top tier streamers can see that slugging is often the means to winning. But hey, tunneling feels too good.

  • @PeepingPeacock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502439#Comment_502439

    Camp a moving guy for 60 seconds gaining nothing in the meantime and if you look away for half a second someone can one tap heal them. That's dumb and why people want it changed.

    I guess some people that tunnel are salty about it, but all of the complaints I see against the perk are that it ######### over killers that are not even tunneling.

    @PeepingPeacock I never said camp them, I said slug. You can just walk across the map and down others. That creates a LOT of pressure itself. You should learn to understand it.

  • @TheRoyalOwl said:

    That problem is, is that you can hook a couple of people and find the person with DS and still get hit by it even though you weren't tunneling.

    Also yes you can just slug them but having more than 1 person slugged without running a slugging perk is just a bad idea. That and not everyone is super cocky when they have DS.

    Also just eating a DS can hurt you alot in higher ranks.

    I don't think reducing the stun time is good idea, but having 60 seconds is a bit too long.

    @TheRoyalOwl I play at rank 3 (dropped to 5 since I've been trying to learn Billy and been getting rushed to hell) and DS doesn't do much to me as Spirit or Huntress or Wraith. It's not that bad. 60 seconds is good because the survivor can sometimes put up an insane chase while injured and if you pretend to mess up in the last 6 seconds, the killers picks u up and u DS them. Punish them for tunnelling. DS works well rn.

  • I proudly tunnel and I see no problem with it.

  • @Visionmaker said:

    First, I love that the complainers come out of the woodworks and act like they're getting 2-3 downs within 60s but somehow struggle with slugging or taking a single stun. What a joke.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502434#Comment_502434

    @Poweas Exactly. I run brown add-on Legion 95% of my games. It's rewarding to have a landslide victory, and it's humbling to notice mistakes.

    I also run MYC now to counter BT/DS, but hey, who am I to say how others should play?

    @Visionmaker yeah lol.

    Exactly. I run brown add-on Legion 95% of my games. It's rewarding to have a landslide victory, and it's humbling to notice mistakes.

    I also run MYC now to counter BT/DS, but hey, who am I to say how others should play?

    Is MYC good for Spirit? Also yeah it's quite humbling when you use little and stomp survivors XD.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I proudly tunnel and I see no problem with it.

    @TreemanXD see you get it!

  • Only tunnellers are complaining about this perk. Their say is obviously invalid.

  • I just sit there like “karma is a [Bad Word]”. XD

  • @Poweas

    I'd say, as a general thing, the faster a killer can get back to a hook, the better MYC is for them.

    And speaking from experience, a Spirit with MYC is downright scary

  • I mean I use spirit and just got to rank 4, but tbh I don't have much problems with DS, just know there are people who do.

    So far most the people who DS me do stuipd things like going for a hook save.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502451#Comment_502451

    @Visionmaker yeah lol.

    Exactly. I run brown add-on Legion 95% of my games. It's rewarding to have a landslide victory, and it's humbling to notice mistakes.

    I also run MYC now to counter BT/DS, but hey, who am I to say how others should play?

    Is MYC good for Spirit? Also yeah it's quite humbling when you use little and stomp survivors XD.

    @Poweas It is exceptional with Spirit. Your husk counts toward MYC's activation range. Using maxed Distressing or Prayer Beads with it guarantees a silent Haunting and an easy MYC proc if timed properly.

    So if you hook a survivor, walk away 32m (MYC will light up), then use your power to fly back to the hook and wait using your power until they are picked up, the unhooker will be exposed even though you appear right at the hook.

    It works great against survivors that are greedy to pick each other up and SWF to dissuade them from saving each other.

    edit: Maxed Distressing is only 30m so it's not perfect for MYC depending on the angle. :-(

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502435#Comment_502435

    @PeepingPeacock Slug, slug and slug. Or just get a stopwatch and count 60 seconds. I

    So you admit that the perk doesn't actually only work on "tunnelers", and that you need to take special precautions when encountering this perk even if you're not doing the thing that the perk is supposed to counter.

  • @rch614 said:

    @Poweas

    I'd say, as a general thing, the faster a killer can get back to a hook, the better MYC is for them.

    And speaking from experience, a Spirit with MYC is downright scary

    @rch614 thanks, I'll try it.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502439#Comment_502439

    So you admit that the perk doesn't actually only work on "tunnelers", and that you need to take special precautions when encountering this perk even if you're not doing the thing that the perk is supposed to counter.

    image.png

    I never said I didn't admit that. But that's in very few cases. And the nerfs suggested are completely unreasonable as it still works and functions as intended even if it sometimes hits non tunnellers. It might be abusable now, but can you imagine how killers would abuse it if it works are a guy is hooked? Here's a likely scenario that would be abused.

    What if you downed the 'unhooker' right after they unhooked with an instadown killer like Billy and instantly downed the 'unhooked' from some instacooldown.

    Then you hook the 'unhooker' and then the 'unhooked's' DS is gone because of your nerf idea? You tunnelled him and exploited a way to remove his second chance.

    DS is fine, it needs no nerfs. I can't believe people are so quick to want it butchered even though it was nerfed- from a ridiculous state- a while ago.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502447#Comment_502447

    @PeepingPeacock I never said camp them, I said slug. You can just walk across the map and down others. That creates a LOT of pressure itself. You should learn to understand it.

    I love how you want me to understand something when you don't even know why people slug. Nice high horse.

    You said sluging and counting to 60 was a counter to DS abuse and its clearly not so you're trying to walk that back.

    You dont just randomly down someone and leave them on the ground for no reason, that's stupid. You slug when you know where another survivor is and you can down them. Guess what, if you let the unhooked go and head after the rescuer, get DS'd and then down them again, you wont have clue where the other survivors are unless they want you to know or they are bad at the game. Especially because the abuse of using DS for a free save on the rescuer is commonly done by SWF so they know where everyone is and wont lead the killer into their team.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502484#Comment_502484

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/075/2PZVOVUY8YT3.png

    I never said I didn't admit that. But that's in very few cases. And the nerfs suggested are completely unreasonable as it still works and functions as intended even if it sometimes hits non tunnellers. It might be abusable now, but can you imagine how killers would abuse it if it works are a guy is hooked? Here's a likely scenario that would be abused.

    What if you downed the 'unhooker' right after they unhooked with an instadown killer like Billy and instantly downed the 'unhooked' from some instacooldown.

    Then you hook the 'unhooker' and then the 'unhooked's' DS is gone because of your nerf idea? You tunnelled him and exploited a way to remove his second chance.

    DS is fine, it needs no nerfs. I can't believe people are so quick to want it butchered even though it was nerfed- from a ridiculous state- a while ago.

    How is it tunneling to go after a different guy first? Explain that to me.

  • @PeepingPeacock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502461#Comment_502461

    I love how you want me to understand something when you don't even know why people slug. Nice high horse.

    You said sluging and counting to 60 was a counter to DS abuse and its clearly not so you're trying to walk that back.

    You dont just randomly down someone and leave them on the ground for no reason, that's stupid. You slug when you know where another survivor is and you can down them. Guess what, if you let the unhooked go and head after the rescuer, get DS'd and then down them again, you wont have clue where the other survivors are unless they want you to know or they are bad at the game. Especially because the abuse of using DS for a free save on the rescuer is commonly done by SWF so they know where everyone is and wont lead the killer into their team.

    Wait where the hell did the rescuer having DS come from?!?! Also whispers, surveillance, looking for crows, and brains let you know where survivors are if you choose to slug. By brains btw, I'm not insulting you I mean going to the most likely gen they're at.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502491#Comment_502491

    How is it tunneling to go after a different guy first? Explain that to me.

    @Orion you down the unhooker, and go straight after the unhooked regardless of what you think, that still counts as tunnelling. DS is fine. I might make a 'hard to swallow pill' thread about stuff like this.

  • @PeepingPeacock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502461#Comment_502461

    I love how you want me to understand something when you don't even know why people slug. Nice high horse.

    You said sluging and counting to 60 was a counter to DS abuse and its clearly not so you're trying to walk that back.

    You dont just randomly down someone and leave them on the ground for no reason, that's stupid. You slug when you know where another survivor is and you can down them. Guess what, if you let the unhooked go and head after the rescuer, get DS'd and then down them again, you wont have clue where the other survivors are unless they want you to know or they are bad at the game. Especially because the abuse of using DS for a free save on the rescuer is commonly done by SWF so they know where everyone is and wont lead the killer into their team.

    Slugging works even if you don’t know exactly where someone is.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502495#Comment_502495

    @Orion you down the unhooker, and go straight after the unhooked regardless of what you think, that still counts as tunnelling. DS is fine. I might make a 'hard to swallow pill' thread about stuff like this.

    So what is "tunneling"? Not giving a free hook escape? That's what you're saying, in practice, that you're not supposed to go after the unhooked person no matter what.

  • @TreemanXD correct, and I forgot @PeepingPeacock, infectious fright can SERIOUSLY help with tracking the next survivor. DS is fine.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502492#Comment_502492

    Wait where the hell did the rescuer having DS come from?!?! Also whispers, surveillance, looking for crows, and brains let you know where survivors are if you choose to slug. By brains btw, I'm not insulting you I mean going to the most likely gen they're at.

    Your completely unaware as to how SWF abuse DS to get free unhooks aren't you

    You down somone, they get rescued, you down the rescuer and hook them.

    Unhooked runs back and unhooks in for face, you dont tunnel and go for the person that made the bad save.

    Get hit with DS for doing the exact opposite of tunneling.

    This is what people are complaining about, and other ways you can abuse it. Its not an anti tunnel perk, its 60 seconds of immunity, and that's the problem people have with it.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502501#Comment_502501

    So what is "tunneling"? Not giving a free hook escape? That's what you're saying, in practice, that you're not supposed to go after the unhooked person no matter what.

    @Orion I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve from this but I'll keep discussing it with you.

    I'm sure you know what tunnelling is. It's when you focus one survivor.

    And I never said not to go after the unhooked, I do it myself and take the DS. @Condorloco_26's idea would have been abusable because of this. His idea was to make it so that if you hook someone else, the 'unhookeds' DS is deactivated.

    So I gave an example of how killers would abuse that. I know I would.


  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502501#Comment_502501

    So what is "tunneling"? Not giving a free hook escape? That's what you're saying, in practice, that you're not supposed to go after the unhooked person no matter what.

    No one has said that, well except you.

  • @PeepingPeacock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502500#Comment_502500

    Your completely unaware as to how SWF abuse DS to get free unhooks aren't you

    You down somone, they get rescued, you down the rescuer and hook them.

    Unhooked runs back and unhooks in for face, you dont tunnel and go for the person that made the bad save.

    Get hit with DS for doing the exact opposite of tunneling.

    This is what people are complaining about, and other ways you can abuse it. Its not an anti tunnel perk, its 60 seconds of immunity, and that's the problem people have with it.

    @PeepingPeacock

    Your completely unaware as to how SWF abuse DS to get free unhooks aren't you.

    Incorrect, I face them all the time abusing this. I just slug the unhooker, slug the unhooked and go to a Surveillance proc to get my 3rd guy. It has counterplay, it can be worked around.

    If you seriously think it's bad now, then I don't think you fully understood what it was like before.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502454#Comment_502454

    @TheRoyalOwl I play at rank 3 (dropped to 5 since I've been trying to learn Billy and been getting rushed to hell) and DS doesn't do much to me as Spirit or Huntress or Wraith. It's not that bad. 60 seconds is good because the survivor can sometimes put up an insane chase while injured and if you pretend to mess up in the last 6 seconds, the killers picks u up and u DS them. Punish them for tunnelling. DS works well rn.

    I personally think DS should pause mid chase and be uneffected by enduring to make it anti tunnel :)

  • DS by itself is not an issue. But when every survivor runs it along with every other second chance perk, then it becomes problematic. Otherwise, it's fine.

  • some ppl just cant get enough...

  • It's pretty wild how much DS was nerfed and people still complain. Just goes to show you they will never be satisfied until Bhvr makes the perk completely useless.

    PS. It can be used as an anti tunneling perk but that doesn't mean that is its only use. Move on from this inane argument.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    It's pretty wild how much DS was nerfed and people still complain. Just goes to show you they will never be satisfied until Bhvr makes the perk completely useless.

    PS. It can be used as an anti tunneling perk but that doesn't mean that is its only use. Move on from this inane argument.

    It can be used offensively, yes. But it can still be played around and is usually painfully obvious when a survivor wants you to get them.

  • @rch614 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/502581#Comment_502581

    It can be used offensively, yes. But it can still be played around and is usually painfully obvious when a survivor wants you to get them.

    I'm more responding to the people who are saying "If it's supposed to be an anti tunneling perk then they should make these changes to it!" As if it needs to be boxed into one tiny category. They're just arguing that because they want to make it so situational with so many conditions that it's nearly useless.

  • It's disgusting.

    @Poweas

    I'd agree with ya except..

    `/0|_| |v|19|-|7 $74.-7 7`/|>1n' |_1|<3 7|-|1$

    Got to love leet speak

  • Yeah I'm agreeing with you, I don't get the crying about it. It's in his best spot and actually has counterplay and punishes "bad behaviour" of a killer. Absoluty fine now.

  • @PeepingPeacock said:

    People want it nerfed because its not an anti tunneling perk, its 60 seconds of immunity after being unhooked.

    You can do the exact opposite of tunneling and still get hit by DS. Its stupid and SWF abuse the hell out of that fact.

    60 seconds immunity AFTER unhooked... Uhm, THATS anti tunneling actually.

‹ 1 2 3