Getting sick of Prayer Beads

At red rank literally every Spirit uses this dumb add-on. Too many boosted killers using it, can we please get some sort of drawback to it? This coming from a Spirit main. Prayer Beads are lame to play against when it's every single game. And no I don't have a problem escaping from PB Spirit it's just... not fun. They always try to grab you and camp gens and totems so hard it's sad. You are basically forced to play super immersed which isn't fun.

Sorry but if you use this add-on you aren't a good Spirit. I know certain people will come in here and down vote or say how it's fair bla bla bla. It's lame and you know it. Stop defending this skillless BS. It's as bad as iri hatchets or extra blink/omega blink Nurse. Possibly worse.

Comments

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/460635#Comment_460635

    I have 40+ with 30+ Black Wards. If I dump my BP into Spirit I could easily play 100 games in a row with Prayer Beads every time.

    Also you lack reading comprehension as I state the problem is it makes the game lame. I adapt but what you have to do to beat this add-on is boring and not fun.

    Agreed. It’s pretty easy to rack up purple add-ons. I have 30 Wakizashi Sayas on Spirit. I had a million BP that was used to prestige Hag but if I dumped all my BP just getting more add-ons on my Spirit I could easily have over 70 Sayas, not to mention all my Black Wards.

    Prayer Beads give cheap grabs. I like using them for teams I know like to BM the killer but they aren’t fun to go against. It’s pretty much an easy 4K using them. If you wanna be even more of a try-hard pair it with an Ebony Mori.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/459749#Comment_459749

    @MegMain98 I once had racism because I'm a muslim after losing as Billy lol. Next day, I ran into the SWF again, and used Spirit and didn't use any addons, but my pretty OP build (Thanatophobia, STBFL, Surveillance and A Nurses calling) and my god, I just crushed them. Effortlessly XD.

    Shoulda saw the salt XD.

    Prayer Beads are broken but I only use them if there is a team that I know likes to be complete douches to the killer. I pair it with an Ebony to make their game as miserable as possible.

    I CAN easily kill all of them with no add-ons but I like to make toxic SWF groups have as bad of a game as possible.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/460564#Comment_460564

    Prayer Beads are broken but I only use them if there is a team that I know likes to be complete douches to the killer. I pair it with an Ebony to make their game as miserable as possible.

    I CAN easily kill all of them with no add-ons but I like to make toxic SWF groups have as bad of a game as possible.

    @MegMain98 I could use them, but it's boring for me lol. I get bored from too much easy wins. :P.

    But yeah, teams like those deserve to be rekt.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/461093#Comment_461093

    Yes crows are indeed still disturbed during spirit phase as well. I'd actually be fine with the idea of upping PB to ultra rare quality, but that's about it. Most people agree spirit is quite addon dependent which is important when discussing PB because as we both mentioned it prevents another addon from being in that slot. This means bar 1 slot left you are using a base addonless spirit in terms of her phase speed/recovery/length that you would normally have improved and that most consider mandatory for her to function.

    And yeah Spine Chill and especially when combined with Iron Will lets you run her around quite easily even with PB as she is flying completely blind, deaf and with you having a heads up every single time. I just don't have any issues with Spirits as survivor at rank 1 even with PB being ran.

    @Blueberry I disagree, she's one of the least addon reliant killers. I 4k at rank 5 constantly without addons.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/461101#Comment_461101

    @Blueberry I disagree, she's one of the least addon reliant killers. I 4k at rank 5 constantly without addons.

    I 4k at rank 1 regularly with no addons, that doesn't mean she isn't heavily addon dependent. All that means is there are a lot of bad survivors at high ranks.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463018#Comment_463018

    I 4k at rank 1 regularly with no addons, that doesn't mean she isn't heavily addon dependent. All that means is there are a lot of bad survivors at high ranks.

    If you’re good with Spirit she needs no add-ons. Add-ons only increase her viability. Some killers have add-ons that don’t really help too much (Hag) and some killers NEED add-ons (Wraith). Spirit has some of the strongest add-ons in the game, but she is already a strong killer. It’s like using add-ons with Nurse, it only makes them that much more deadly.

    Add-ons help Spirit don’t get me wrong, but she is in no way reliant on add-ons to 4K especially if you've mastered her.

  • @MegMain98 Wraith isn’t add-on dependent, I have no problem playing him without add-ons.

  • Things Prayer Beads will help you with: catching survivors by surprise on gens and totems or healing, especially if they don't adapt early and start gen tapping

    Things Prayer Beads won't help you with: chases, mobility

    They aren't even her best add-ons. Yes, they can boost you against a team that just refuses to adapt to the build they're facing or refuses to use their eyes and ears, but you sacrifice chase and map pressure with them. You'll have far more chase potential with Mother Daughter Ring/Bloody Hair Brooch or Uwabaki/reduced charge time. You'll be nasty around loops with Wakizashi/Katana. Prayer Beads partly relies on survivors not being aware.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @MegMain98 Wraith isn’t add-on dependent, I have no problem playing him without add-ons.

    Some people don’t have an issue with Wraith without add-ons and that is great. I just say he is add-on dependent because he doesn’t NEARLY have as much map pressure without Windstorm. He is slow and can’t patrol gens as easily.

    Some people say Spirit is add-on dependent but I disagree so if you don’t think Wraith needs add-ons then that’s all good :)

  • Realistically almost every killer has some sort of bullshit addon but Prayer Beads is in another level

    It should at least be Ultra Rare.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463066#Comment_463066

    If you’re good with Spirit she needs no add-ons. Add-ons only increase her viability. Some killers have add-ons that don’t really help too much (Hag) and some killers NEED add-ons (Wraith). Spirit has some of the strongest add-ons in the game, but she is already a strong killer. It’s like using add-ons with Nurse, it only makes them that much more deadly.

    Add-ons help Spirit don’t get me wrong, but she is in no way reliant on add-ons to 4K especially if you've mastered her.

    "she is in no way reliant on add-ons to 4K especially if you've mastered her."

    This is not what I was saying at all.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463173#Comment_463173

    Some people don’t have an issue with Wraith without add-ons and that is great. I just say he is add-on dependent because he doesn’t NEARLY have as much map pressure without Windstorm. He is slow and can’t patrol gens as easily.

    Some people say Spirit is add-on dependent but I disagree so if you don’t think Wraith needs add-ons then that’s all good :)

    Cloak movement speed buff pls.

  • To be fair every Killer has its own OP add-ons. There are some counterplay but with perks, like Spine Chill and Premonition.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463018#Comment_463018

    I 4k at rank 1 regularly with no addons, that doesn't mean she isn't heavily addon dependent. All that means is there are a lot of bad survivors at high ranks.

    @Blueberry but I constantly beat sweay SWF with her. Also ranking is more likely to have boosted killers than survivors.

    She's not addon reliant, you're not playing her right if you think she is.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463066#Comment_463066

    @Blueberry but I constantly beat sweay SWF with her. Also ranking is more likely to have boosted killers than survivors.

    She's not addon reliant, you're not playing her right if you think she is.

    As do I. SWF doesn't necessarily mean they are good. You are conflating two different things. Also, it is currently vastly easier to have boosted survivors than killer for multiple reasons.

    She is addon reliant, you're just conflating correlation with causation.

    When I say addon reliant I also don't mean she is unplayable without addons. It simply means she holds more power in her addons in relation to the majority of other killers.


  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463842#Comment_463842

    As do I. SWF doesn't necessarily mean they are good. You are conflating two different things. Also, it is currently vastly easier to have boosted survivors than killer for multiple reasons.

    She is addon reliant, you're just conflating correlation with causation.

    When I say addon reliant I also don't mean she is unplayable without addons. It simply means she holds more power in her addons in relation to the majority of other killers.

    Well yeah obviously. She's the best killer in the whole game with some of her addons.

    But being addon reliant means that she can't perform well without addons. Which is obviously wrong because she can, she's better than an instasaw Billy without addons lol.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463865#Comment_463865

    Well yeah obviously. She's the best killer in the whole game with some of her addons.

    But being addon reliant means that she can't perform well without addons. Which is obviously wrong because she can, she's better than an instasaw Billy without addons lol.

    "She's the best killer in the whole game with some of her addons."

    "being addon reliant means that she can't perform well without addons"

    "she's better than an instasaw Billy without addons"

    I disagree with all of these.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463873#Comment_463873

    "She's the best killer in the whole game with some of her addons."

    "being addon reliant means that she can't perform well without addons"

    "she's better than an instasaw Billy without addons"

    I disagree with all of these.

    Spirit is easily the second best killer in the game. Not as strong as Nurse but she wipes the floor with Billy. You can loop a good Billy, you can never loop a good Spirit.

    Being reliant basically means that you dependent on something to make you good, not that “she hold more power with her add-ons in relation to the majority of other killers”. She has the strongest add-ons in the game but she doesn’t NEED them to be good.

    Same goes with killers like Huntress. You can run Iridescent Head and 4K every time but does that make Huntress add-on reliant?


  • @Arroz said:

    @Zarathos What if the map is the game? or lery's?

    And btw sounds are really bugged

    @Arroz

    Here's an idea make prayer beads spirit make a larger footstep noises a sort of downside to compensate for its powerful effect. If it was more pronounced the sound would give some survivors a chance. In general it might be better to fix the footstep noise however I do agree some terrain its very hard to hear movement.

  • One of the only things that makes this game scary other than jump scare Myers but I do wish there was some counter play. I need to start looking a that patch of grass more often.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463873#Comment_463873

    "She's the best killer in the whole game with some of her addons."

    "being addon reliant means that she can't perform well without addons"

    "she's better than an instasaw Billy without addons"

    I disagree with all of these.

    Ditto. She's a trash tier noobstomper. All the complaints against her really say a lot about your average survivor.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463886#Comment_463886

    Spirit is easily the second best killer in the game. Not as strong as Nurse but she wipes the floor with Billy. You can loop a good Billy, you can never loop a good Spirit.

    Being reliant basically means that you dependent on something to make you good, not that “she hold more power with her add-ons in relation to the majority of other killers”. She has the strongest add-ons in the game but she doesn’t NEED them to be good.

    Same goes with killers like Huntress. You can run Iridescent Head and 4K every time but does that make Huntress add-on reliant?

    I would agree that those 3 are the top killers. I wouldn't go as far as to say "she wipes the floor with Billy". They have different strengths.

    "she doesn’t NEED them to be good."

    She does against GOOD survivors. That is the key part.

    "You can run Iridescent Head and 4K every time but does that make Huntress add-on reliant?"

    You are making a strawman argument. I never made that equivalent assumption in my Spirit claim. I never have nor would I make that claim.

    You are misunderstanding what I am saying.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/465031#Comment_465031

    I would agree that those 3 are the top killers. I wouldn't go as far as to say "she wipes the floor with Billy". They have different strengths.

    "she doesn’t NEED them to be good."

    She does against GOOD survivors. That is the key part.

    "You can run Iridescent Head and 4K every time but does that make Huntress add-on reliant?"

    You are making a strawman argument. I never made that equivalent assumption in my Spirit claim. I never have nor would I make that claim.

    You are misunderstanding what I am saying.

    Ehh...Billy is just too easy to pick up and play. He doesn’t really take much skill to play. A permanent insta-down with extreme map pressure doesn’t make for much competition. Spirit doesn’t “wipe the floor with Billy” as I stated earlier but I do think she’s better.

    Depends on how good YOU are as the killer. You can use brown add-ons and still easily kill them all, it’s not that hard. Of course things can change that like what map you get (any killer will probably win on Shelter Woods and any killer will more than likely lose on Haddonfield), pallet RNG, are they good players, SWF or not, etc. Most killers will probably need add-ons against players who are actually good, not exactly their strongest add-ons. I just don’t think Spirit is one of them. You don’t need a Wakizashi Saya and an Amulet each round to win.

    No, you didn’t say that...but what you did say was that Spirit holds more power in her add-ons that most killers do. Huntress is the same way, but it doesn’t exactly make her add-on reliant. I was trying to state that just because a killer has strong add-ons doesn’t mean they depend on those add-ons.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/465031#Comment_465031

    I would agree that those 3 are the top killers. I wouldn't go as far as to say "she wipes the floor with Billy". They have different strengths.

    "she doesn’t NEED them to be good."

    She does against GOOD survivors. That is the key part.

    "You can run Iridescent Head and 4K every time but does that make Huntress add-on reliant?"

    You are making a strawman argument. I never made that equivalent assumption in my Spirit claim. I never have nor would I make that claim.

    You are misunderstanding what I am saying.

    @Blueberry she seriously wipes the floor with Billy, as does Hag.

    I still don't believe you understand Spirit entirely if you think she needs addons against good survivors. But we won't agree on a conclusion on that so let's leave that.

    About Spirit being worse than Nurse with some addons, hell no. Prayer beads+Mother-Daughter ring makes 5 blinks a meme, Katana Tsuba and Wakizashi Saya can make her shut down every loop.

    Idk, I can keep going.

    Let's agree to disagree.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/465467#Comment_465467

    @Blueberry she seriously wipes the floor with Billy, as does Hag.

    I still don't believe you understand Spirit entirely if you think she needs addons against good survivors. But we won't agree on a conclusion on that so let's leave that.

    About Spirit being worse than Nurse with some addons, hell no. Prayer beads+Mother-Daughter ring makes 5 blinks a meme, Katana Tsuba and Wakizashi Saya can make her shut down every loop.

    Idk, I can keep going.

    Let's agree to disagree.

    "I still don't believe you understand Spirit entirely if you think she needs addons against good survivors"

    I don't think you understand her entirely if you don't.

    "About Spirit being worse than Nurse with some addons, hell no"

    I disagree entirely.

    "Let's agree to disagree."

    That's the only solution I see here.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/465576#Comment_465576

    "I still don't believe you understand Spirit entirely if you think she needs addons against good survivors"

    I don't think you understand her entirely if you don't.

    "About Spirit being worse than Nurse with some addons, hell no"

    I disagree entirely.

    "Let's agree to disagree."

    That's the only solution I see here.

    @Blueberry Good discussion then.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/465467#Comment_465467

    Ehh...Billy is just too easy to pick up and play. He doesn’t really take much skill to play. A permanent insta-down with extreme map pressure doesn’t make for much competition. Spirit doesn’t “wipe the floor with Billy” as I stated earlier but I do think she’s better.

    Depends on how good YOU are as the killer. You can use brown add-ons and still easily kill them all, it’s not that hard. Of course things can change that like what map you get (any killer will probably win on Shelter Woods and any killer will more than likely lose on Haddonfield), pallet RNG, are they good players, SWF or not, etc. Most killers will probably need add-ons against players who are actually good, not exactly their strongest add-ons. I just don’t think Spirit is one of them. You don’t need a Wakizashi Saya and an Amulet each round to win.

    No, you didn’t say that...but what you did say was that Spirit holds more power in her add-ons that most killers do. Huntress is the same way, but it doesn’t exactly make her add-on reliant. I was trying to state that just because a killer has strong add-ons doesn’t mean they depend on those add-ons.

    "Billy is just too easy to pick up and play"

    I agree, but ease of use has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about here at all.

    "No, you didn’t say that...but what you did say was that Spirit holds more power in her add-ons that most killers do."

    Which is in my opinion a true statement.

    "Huntress is the same way, but it doesn’t exactly make her add-on reliant"

    Those are two different killers and I don't agree they are equivalent in that sense.

    "I was trying to state that just because a killer has strong add-ons doesn’t mean they depend on those add-ons."

    And my point is that I am agreeing with you, because I never said they did. What I said was that they are much more addon dependent against GOOD survivors, which is a big difference.

  • @No_Mither_No_Problem said:

    My son can be Homer sexual 👏

    My daughter can be Lebanese 🙏

    But I will NEVER 🙌 raise a child ❌ who plays Prayer Beads Spirit 😤 👌👌💯

    This is what the Awesome button was for

  • At red rank literally every Spirit uses this dumb add-on. Too many boosted killers using it, can we please get some sort of drawback to it?

    One of the most powerful and underrated counters to stealth killers is spine chill. There is a counter readily available but survivors don't use it. Beads spirit never snuck up on me cause I use spine chill. As a spirit player, I laugh when more and more killers with stealth comes out and now ghostface too and survivors refuse to use spinechill.

  • @Dabrownman1812 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/61577/getting-sick-of-prayer-beads

    One of the most powerful and underrated counters to stealth killers is spine chill. There is a counter readily available but survivors don't use it. Beads spirit never snuck up on me cause I use spine chill. As a spirit player, I laugh when more and more killers with stealth comes out and now ghostface too and survivors refuse to use spinechill.

    Again someone that doesn't read.

    The problem isn't lack of counter play. The problem is that the counter play is unfun and lame. Spine Chill or not, you are forced to play super immersed. That means you spend a lot of time doing nothing and/or hiding. That's not fun at high ranks, and it's not practical either. If you hide most of the game gens don't get done and you end up losing anyway, wasting a lot of time in the process.

    Prayer Beads need a drawback. That's all I'm asking. Because too many Spirit players use NOTHING but Prayer Beads. They are boosted AF and the game isn't fun when you basically are forced to do a whole lot of nothing all game.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/467231#Comment_467231

    Again someone that doesn't read.

    The problem isn't lack of counter play. The problem is that the counter play is unfun and lame. Spine Chill or not, you are forced to play super immersed. That means you spend a lot of time doing nothing and/or hiding. That's not fun at high ranks, and it's not practical either. If you hide most of the game gens don't get done and you end up losing anyway, wasting a lot of time in the process.

    Prayer Beads need a drawback. That's all I'm asking. Because too many Spirit players use NOTHING but Prayer Beads. They are boosted AF and the game isn't fun when you basically are forced to do a whole lot of nothing all game.

    Well, the same could be said against the good Survivors.

    It's not fun to have three minute matches, if I have to wait ten minutes for one match, right?

    There is literally no counterplay against looping than to focus on Generators, to surprise your prey via mind games, or to use Sally to get off of those loops ASAP, right? Yet, every Killer is forced to face it. Running in circles is boring, but to mind game someone isn't.

    To mind game someone. If you spread out, watch the environment enough, you'll have zero troubles against Prayer Beads Bracelet Add-on.

    As you know, there is a must to be fast for the Killer.. So, let's assume, you have to use Prayer Beads Bracelet against good Survivors. Against the depip squad, for example. Then, without any Add-on to be faster, because there is no time to farm Tokens for Play With Your Food, you need Dirty Uwabakies or Mother-Daughter Ring Add-on. Otherwise, you can just give up, as they'll wipe the floor with you.

    Sorry for bringing up the depip squad here, but I can't give you any better example of good Survivors.

    Yet, only Sally has been able to wipe the floor with the depip squad. If such Add-on makes Spirit really that overpowered, how is possible, that the depip squad was having almost no problems with beating her?

    Nevermind then.

    First things first; Spine Chill, Premotion. You'd be surprised, how well those Add-ons work against the Spirit.. Poor Rin.

    The second thing is to watch the environment; If to watch the grass, plants, or disturbed Crows is hard, then I am out of words. You know, what do I mean, so I'll skip that.

    The third thing is to listen carefully to everything. Her footsteps may not be the loudest, but they can still be heared, just like the Crows - You don't have to see, if you can hear.

    Prayer Beads Bracelet doesn't need any drawback... Because, for example, Toolboxes don't have any, and so on.

    They may aswell make, that the Toolbox will slow the movement of a Survivor by X %s, as it can't be a light thing to carry. Anyways, there is no need to compare a thing... So, just Adapt. That's all, what I can tell you..

  • @MegMain98 said:

    Seems like a lot of killers wanna pull out their strongest builds during double BP. Why? I have no idea. I went against so many Iridescent Heads, Frank’s Mix Tapes, and Tombstones this past weekend. It honestly really annoying.

    One Huntress even paired Iridescent Head with an ebony mori. Needless to say...all of us DC’ed.

    I had that, they failed to hit someone with their hatchet and downed them, tunneled them and the person ran toward me so I took the aggro, chased them around for a while and when I finally had to cede a hit, it was an instant-down. It's not my fault they couldn't mind game so had to ebony mori with 1 hit add-ons. Knowing I wasn't going to get to play the game once saved, I left, and I'm standing by that so long.


    With regard to prayer beads, IDK what I think to it personally; it's dumb for sure, though, and most top content creators that play a ton of killer love using them but state themselves that it probably needs changing.

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/467249#Comment_467249

    Well, the same could be said against the good Survivors.

    It's not fun to have three minute matches, if I have to wait ten minutes for one match, right?

    There is literally no counterplay against looping than to focus on Generators, to surprise your prey via mind games, or to use Sally to get off of those loops ASAP, right? Yet, every Killer is forced to face it. Running in circles is boring, but to mind game someone isn't.

    To mind game someone. If you spread out, watch the environment enough, you'll have zero troubles against Prayer Beads Bracelet Add-on.

    As you know, there is a must to be fast for the Killer.. So, let's assume, you have to use Prayer Beads Bracelet against good Survivors. Against the depip squad, for example. Then, without any Add-on to be faster, because there is no time to farm Tokens for Play With Your Food, you need Dirty Uwabakies or Mother-Daughter Ring Add-on. Otherwise, you can just give up, as they'll wipe the floor with you.

    Sorry for bringing up the depip squad here, but I can't give you any better example of good Survivors.

    Yet, only Sally has been able to wipe the floor with the depip squad. If such Add-on makes Spirit really that overpowered, how is possible, that the depip squad was having almost no problems with beating her?

    Nevermind then.

    First things first; Spine Chill, Premotion. You'd be surprised, how well those Add-ons work against the Spirit.. Poor Rin.

    The second thing is to watch the environment; If to watch the grass, plants, or disturbed Crows is hard, then I am out of words. You know, what do I mean, so I'll skip that.

    The third thing is to listen carefully to everything. Her footsteps may not be the loudest, but they can still be heared, just like the Crows - You don't have to see, if you can hear.

    Prayer Beads Bracelet doesn't need any drawback... Because, for example, Toolboxes don't have any, and so on.

    They may aswell make, that the Toolbox will slow the movement of a Survivor by X %s, as it can't be a light thing to carry. Anyways, there is no need to compare a thing... So, just Adapt. That's all, what I can tell you..

    1) Survivors having dumb stuff is no excuse for killers to have dumb stuff. Gen rushing needs a fix, but that's not the topic. The topic is Prayer Beads. Also toolboxes have limited use which is why they don't have drawbacks. PB does not have limited use and is WAY more powerful than a toolbox.

    2) Spirit phase walk DOES NOT MOVE GRASS OR CORN. People need to stop saying this. Watch next time a Spirit moves around you will see the grass does not move. Crows are the only thing that react to phase walk and they aren't everywhere on the map.

    3) Like I said several times, Spine Chill/Prem do not actually fix the issue I'm talking about, that being that the counter play is to basically play super cautious and immersed, doing a whole lot of nothing for most of the game.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/467521#Comment_467521

    1) Survivors having dumb stuff is no excuse for killers to have dumb stuff. Gen rushing needs a fix, but that's not the topic. The topic is Prayer Beads. Also toolboxes have limited use which is why they don't have drawbacks. PB does not have limited use and is WAY more powerful than a toolbox.

    2) Spirit phase walk DOES NOT MOVE GRASS OR CORN. People need to stop saying this. Watch next time a Spirit moves around you will see the grass does not move. Crows are the only thing that react to phase walk and they aren't everywhere on the map.

    3) Like I said several times, Spine Chill/Prem do not actually fix the issue I'm talking about, that being that the counter play is to basically play super cautious and immersed, doing a whole lot of nothing for most of the game.

    Corn and grass do move, they don’t move significantly but you will see it move if Spirit is phase walking. It wouldn’t make sense if it didn’t move.

    I’ve known when a Spirit is phase walking with Prayer Beads due to the footsteps but it is SUPER quiet.

    I’m not defending Prayer Beads because it does need a rework. I believe that you should always hear the footsteps, similar to Wraith’s while he is invisible. The Spirit’s breathing should also be amplified a little.

  • At red rank literally every Spirit uses this dumb add-on. Too many boosted killers using it, can we please get some sort of drawback to it?

    You can't hide dwight, I know thats you.

    2apiwbhoqy3b.jpg


  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/467582#Comment_467582

    Corn and grass do move, they don’t move significantly but you will see it move if Spirit is phase walking. It wouldn’t make sense if it didn’t move.

    I’ve known when a Spirit is phase walking with Prayer Beads due to the footsteps but it is SUPER quiet.

    I’m not defending Prayer Beads because it does need a rework. I believe that you should always hear the footsteps, similar to Wraith’s while he is invisible. The Spirit’s breathing should also be amplified a little.

    No things don't move. At first I thought they did but then I watched carefully, they do not.

    Footsteps was a bug BTW. It's not supposed to be like that. If they were there it wouldn't be as bad, but that's not enough of a drawback to actually solve the problems I'm talking about.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/460934#Comment_460934

    Dude literally the last 10 games I've had against a Spirit, at red ranks, 8 have been Prayer Beads. And yes, if you use nothing but PB you are a bad Spirit. FACTS

    Again someone that doesn't read. IT'S NOT ABOUT IT BEING HARD TO BEAT. It's about it making the game super extra lame to play. It's not fun to play super immersed and waste a crap ton of time hiding all game, unless you are rank 20.

    If its stressing out rank 1 survivors and rank 1 survive with friends groups, I'd say thats a job well done. Great killer great add ons. Shows how great DBD's developers are at creating an Asymmetrical game. Good job. Waiting for pig and freddies versions of these.

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/463886#Comment_463886

    Ditto. She's a trash tier noobstomper. All the complaints against her really say a lot about your average survivor.

    She should have prayer beads as part of her default kit like on PTB.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/467598#Comment_467598

    No things don't move. At first I thought they did but then I watched carefully, they do not.

    Footsteps was a bug BTW. It's not supposed to be like that. If they were there it wouldn't be as bad, but that's not enough of a drawback to actually solve the problems I'm talking about.

    I don’t go against too many Prayer Beads Spirit players so I’m just recounting on what I’ve seen through my own personal gameplay.

    I can usually hear footsteps when the Spirit is phase walking. Are you sure it is a bug? I can tell when she is right behind me while phase walking. It’s not super obvious like Wraith’s footsteps but I can still hear it nonetheless.

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/459525#Comment_459525

    An old post, but you said "needless to say you all DC'ed" What? DC'ing is the real ruin of this game. It screws over everyone and is quite a childish thing to do.

    yeah because you would rather waste your time waiting to die instead of finding an actual balanced lobby

    also howd you find that comment on a post made in may

    and why

    what

1 2 ›