Comments

  • I'm watching and it's like... forget Myers... forget Spirit... THIS is the epitome of horror... sinkholes and collapsing things give me anxiety, I'm hyped.

  • Looks really cool and the sacrifices look amazing. I feel like a lot of people will become more selfish though once it starts.

  • Endgame Pig :3

  • Still survivor sided.

  • Looks okay. We'll see, though.

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    Looks really cool and the sacrifices look amazing. I feel like a lot of people will become more selfish though once it starts.

    Hope

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Still survivor sided.

    Yes, but its better than nothing.

  • I honestly think it is really cool, solves game hostage scenarios and games become a bit more fast paced. The last survivor doesn't take his 10 minute sweet ass time to escape.

    From what I have seen, I am satisfied.

  • Discuss for it is here! https://youtu.be/PqGzYaiiMlY

    What exactly is this video? From the devs? I'm not at home and can't watch it

  • It's nice to see that they at least didn't ######### this one up...

    ...for the time being. This better makes it through the PTB unaltered.


    From the current looks, it ties in well with the Lore of what the Trials are about. They aren't safe spaces for Survivors, they are a trial ground for them to get sacrificed.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 It is, killers can close the hatch and if survivors don't escape they die.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 from the devs on their YouTube channel. Its official

  • This is ######### awesome. Ends hatch stand offs as well.

  • @Delfador said:

    @HavelmomDaS1 It is, killers can close the hatch and if survivors don't escape they die.

    Hmm alright gonna mark that to watch it at home thanks for the quick reply lad

  • The endgame collapse looks very promising. Finally survivors are urged to leave and hatch can be closed. No more holding the game hostage at the end of the game. Also the visuals are amazing! Very thematic!

    Only a few questions:

    1. Can the hatch be reopened after being closed by the killer? If so do you need a key for that?
    2. The video said survivors will recive audio and visual que every quarter of the timer. So the killer dosent? It would be a shame if you couldnt see the nice red animation on the ground.
    3. How does the timer interact with pigs traps and bloodwarden? (bloodwarden could be so strong if the timer continues HURAY)


  • This is interesting, i like it, this is where the situation of life or death comes into play. And The Entity is starting to become more active in the trials.

    Imagine you have a little bit of time left, but your friend is on the hook, you try and rush to save them dodging the killer as well, you manage to get them off giving them some Borrowed Time (Pun intended) all the while still dodging the killers attacks, your friend manages to get to the gate and escapes.

    But the killer stops a little ways away, you stop as well, wondering what's happening, then you look to your feet as a burning ember surrounds you, and then it happens a sharp tendril comes out of the ground, stabbing you through your torso, just as it did on the hook, you try to fight back, beating at it, but it wraps around and with a quick motion, snaps your spine you feel the sharp pain for a moment, but then...all goes quite, as you are suddenly pulled into something else.

  • Wow, This actually looks really good!

    Hatch stand offs are no more, It's actually a race to see who finds it first which is amazing. Finally hatch is balanced! and Survivors can't just 99% an exit gate to prevent the end game collapse since the killer can open the gates now too.

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    Wow, This actually looks really good!

    Hatch stand offs are no more, It's actually a race to see who finds it first which is amazing. Finally hatch is balanced! and Survivors can't just 99% an exit gate to prevent the end game collapse since the killer can open the gates now too.

    I hope the Killers have animations when opening the gates. I want to see Spirit's dead hand just float around it.

  • It took several years to partially implement a feature that every other objective-based pvp game has: a time limit for the attacking team.

  • So essentially once gens are done, there is a 3 minute timer to escape? And like usual, last survivor opens the hatch?

  • @Bongbingbing Woah woah woah, hol up. The killer can open the gates now? Where did it say that?!

  • This is ######### awesome.

    This gives me back hope after the legion and deep wound let down.

  • Cool cant wait for it:) I'm sooo hyped

  • Edit: Looks like the gates will be powered when the hatch gets closed.

  • This looks so damn good. It solves so many issues. This makes it feel more like a horror game. I am so impressed

    the animation looks amazing I cannot wait to try this out!

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    @Bongbingbing Woah woah woah, hol up. The killer can open the gates now? Where did it say that?!

    at the start, both killer and survivor can open the exit gates, I assume because otherwise survivors would just 99% a gate to prevent the collapse.

  • This looks really cool:) I can't wait!!!!!!!!! I'm poooooo hyped!!!!!!

  • This. Looks. AWESOME!

  • Soo oooooooo hyped!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • By the Entity this looks really good. I'm so excited for this, hell, as a survivor I'll stay behind PURELY to get killed by the Entity if I could afford to do so.

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    @Bongbingbing Woah woah woah, hol up. The killer can open the gates now? Where did it say that?!

    @PhantomMask20763 Go to 0:24 BOTH killer and survivor can open the exit gates.

  • for me it's looking awesome as killer. It would be really hard to keep anybody (and rewarding) in game for three or more minutes after powering exit gate, however it saddens me because this change kind of remove the purpose of remember me perk, as timer starts after gate is open. Also I'm really curious how good would it go with blood warden on the Pig.

  • Wait a sec. I think killers can surrender now! Look carefully at what happens at 0:32.

    Four generators remain and all 4 survivors are alive, yet a door is powered and the end phase has begun.

    I think killers really can surrender now.

    What are your thoughts @PhantomMask20763 ?

  • I still really dont really understand this whole thing, we need to see how this will turn out in PTB first, but I can already tell a lot of complain gonna come already, I mean the end game have been the same for like 2 years now, it will be hard to get used to the new one

  • Also can I just say how much I love the fact that they had Dwight hiding in the locker for that bit.

    It gave me flashbacks to the Smash: Ultimate Snake bit.

  • @Peasant if we can now surrender, I NEVER WILL, THEY WILL STAY WITH ME TIL THE END MWAHAHAHA

  • I'm SO excited for this!

    It looks really cool and I'm curious to see how it works with endgame perks like Remember Me or Bloodwarden.

  • R.I.P my Benevolent pip.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    This. Looks. AWESOME!

    Yea. I can't wait :)

  • I'm a bit concerned about how this changes end game altruism. Let's say someone is hooked in the basement, can the killer simply follow the person(s) unhooking the person and then just body block the stairs to guarantee a 3 kill when they might have only gotten 1 previously? With that possibility, it seems like saving someone from the basement will be very unlikely because you could easily get forced a death from the timer by being held down there for 3 minutes.

  • @Knayter said:

    I still really dont really understand this whole thing, we need to see how this will turn out in PTB first, but I can already tell a lot of complain gonna come already, I mean the end game have been the same for like 2 years now, it will be hard to get used to the new one

    Nothing will change all that much, It just stops people from holding the game hostage and gives them a timer to leave when the gates are open. Dying by end game collapse most likely will be a very rare occasion.

    The Hatch changes are nice and finally balanced so i don't see why anyone could complain.

  • I dont know who gor this idea on end game but this is vert good.Im rly postive suprise right now.

  • @Heroiq It will be not bannable. Sure it's cheap but the survivors are not forced to DC so it is an accepted strategy.

    So from now on, take extra care to not get cornered, eh?

  • Hatch and new endgame change, this is a dream come true!

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/426730#Comment_426730

    Nothing will change all that much, It just stops people from holding the game hostage and gives them a timer to leave when the gates are open. Dying by end game collapse most likely will be a very rare occasion.

    The Hatch changes are nice and finally balanced so i don't see why anyone could complain.

    Edit: Looks like the gates will be powered with the hatch being closed.

  • @kisfenkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/426786#Comment_426786

    It doesn't just close the hatch, it also blocks all generators so the survivor is trapped. Closing the hatch alone would have been balance, but also trapping the final survivor with no method for them to survive is not balanced at all.

    It also powers the gates, hence why the generators are blocked.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/426829#Comment_426829

    It also powers the gates, hence why the generators are blocked.

    That might be true, but that isn't stated outright in the video.

  • Yes, the basement will be dangerous.

  • I think yes better dont meet killer close the basment becose of body block on stairs.

  • I'm so hyped ! Good idea !

‹ 1 2