How do YOU think the developers are going to address the MOM outrage?

Personally, I'm really interested to see them address this whole fiasco, as it certainly has a lot of people riled up, but I don't see them being able to placate anyone at this point.

It is, quite honestly, a funzo perk when you're using it, but the counters for it are all promoting "toxic" gameplay, so whatever they do at this point = Bonetown.

Comments

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/407780#Comment_407780

    @Warlock_2020 Yeah I faced *all* those yesterday too. In *all* of my matches.

    4x Adr, DH, BT, MoM. Dwights, Claudettes and Neas too, not only Ashes. 4 matches straight. Some of them carrying instaheals.

    Good thing I have hundreds of moris across all my killers, because I never used them outside of daily rituals. I got rained with insults, and many of those guys DC'ed.

    BS fights BS, and no one is happy at the end.

    Oh, the survivors you verse have already unlocked MoM on different survivors? Good luck mate, today I versed my first survivors using MoM on different survivors. So it seems like need to play only Nurse and billys or ebony moris.

  • I could already see it:

    BHVR: JuSt SlUg SuRvIvOrS oR pLaY SoMeThInG eLsE

  • ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Awwww you're so cute.....They don't care......They still haven't given us the stuff they promise....They keep adding bugs instead of fixing them. Survivors and killers aren't the problem. They are. They are what's killing this game.

  • What outrage?

    A minority that play killers complaining about it?

    I play killer against it and did just fine.

  • My theory is they will just kick back relax and ignore it.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    @powerbats I didn't say it was a good solution, just how I expected the devs to address MoM.

    At least if anything is done in a timely manner.

    Oh I understand just others might not see the difference with what you were trying to say, I posted some possible tweaks for it on page 1.

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/407844#Comment_407844

    Oh, the survivors you verse have already unlocked MoM on different survivors? Good luck mate, today I versed my first survivors using MoM on different survivors. So it seems like need to play only Nurse and billys or ebony moris.

    Billy and Huntress. I'm on PS4...

  • @Kaelum said:

    As someone said in another thread, the best way to change it is to make it only work when the killer is carrying a survivor, so that it is a body blocking perk. It would then be a counter to Mad Grit instead of just being another chase extending perk.

    But then some people will complain again about how survs should not be able to body block, only killers.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/406885#Comment_406885

    But then some people will complain again about how survs should not be able to body block, only killers.

    People will always complain in this game pretty much how its been since release.

  • They're going to take 2 more years to do anything about it like DS. (Hopefully not)

  • I hope they say something soon :O

  • I'm honestly surprised at their lack of a statement regarding this, no matter what side they fall on.

  • They'll probably involve the exhaustion status effect.

    It's not likely, but maybe switch out the aura reading for the broken status effect.

  • I think it'll be a long time before they touch it.

  • Hopefully they ignore it. They should stop letting the community dictate the game cause the two sides will always bump heads. The devs are supposed to be the middle man

  • @Animalheadskull said:

    Hopefully they ignore it. They should stop letting the community dictate the game cause the two sides will always bump heads. The devs are supposed to be the middle man

    The community is the only reason they're getting money from the game. I'm not saying they should heed every demand but if a huge portion of the community is upset about something they should listen to the complaints at least

  • I've played a lot of games since MoM has come out. Mostly as killer, but a number of games as survivor running the perk. In all of those games, MoM has had minimal impact on the outcome of the game. All this outrage is ridiculous. Be honest here folks, what percentage of games played has MoM been the deciding factor in whether you win or lose?

  • You can have MoM and everything that gives survivors an extra hit but survivors want everything that one-shots removed. Oh, wait, what? All thats fair and balanced. Its just the survivor stuff that needs nerfed? Ok, got it.

  • The real issue with MoM is not the one time hit, even if that one time hit can make or break the game, and no, it's not the theoretically 6 hit chase that a survivor could pull off.

    The real terrible power of MoM is a 4 man group running it.

    4 guaranteed additional hits equals 2 successfully chases. Is almost like having to chase down a 5th phantom survivor. For killers time is truly of essence and losing 40-80 seconds over the time of the match kills the game.

    Edit: it's like a perk would add an additional generator to repair.

  • @BOSS242 said:

    You can have MoM and everything that gives survivors an extra hit but survivors want everything that one-shots removed. Oh, wait, what? All thats fair and balanced. Its just the survivor stuff that needs nerfed? Ok, got it.

    Nice straw man argument.

  • Buff legion lol.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    What outrage?

    A minority that play killers complaining about it?

    I play killer against it and did just fine.

    Killers are the minority of the community tho....

  • Aren't you a candy bowl of sunshine.

    @Akuma said:

    so i had multiple games against mom and for the first moments it's kind of a surprise followed from a "ok". It's just a hit this doesnt matter that much + I'm playing killer mostly with their ability. Hillbillys who M1 are bad billys anyway and this perk is the perfect way to make this clear. Nurse is Nurse, if one extra hit or two this doesnt matter lmao

    Idk In know how to make mindgames so I just deal with it - And i really like the fact that I can see them the whole time when they got healed. It makes much more easier to plan, also I like it to interrupt them when I want to. And when someones decided to stay halflife PLEASE dude, make it easier than it is :D

    From my perspective I dont have any problems with it. I thought i would have but nah

    Also when I play survivor. I'm so glad when a halflife survivor rescues me with the kilelr right behind him but he has mom and survive this. It allows last second rescues. And there are many (basement)camping killers out there so I appreciate this kind of help. + This perk is a good anti tunneling perk like decisive strike. And we all know how killer mains love it to camp and tunnel the last ######### out of your soul.

    Not everyone will play this perk because not everyone is a fan from being halflfie the whole game or visible the whole game. And those survivor which were free on the exit gate with an activated mom and run back into the game to chase the killer: Yea. I mean who cares? They have won. it doesnt matter anymore, just chase them down if you want and theyll leave ^^

    So currently im absolutely ok with it. Also Im thinking about a new combo: BT + MoM

    And hey, after 3 Years, the devs release a new good survivor perk. Im still missing an

    equivalent to iron will just for blood trials but hey ya know.. maybe one day^^ hopefully

    please it would be so cool xD

    The issue is, not everyone wants to play Billy or Nurse. People like playing weaker killers for their own reasons, and when everyone is having Mom hold their hand in a trial it essentially means killers like Freddy or Doc need to hit and down a whole additional survivor at no cost to the survivors skill or gameplay except equipping a perk slot each.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    i'm actually surprised of this outrage.

    dead hard can be activated multiple times. make you reach vaults/pallets you wouldn't have reached. and save your life from 100% hits. while MoM requires 3 hits. activate only once. and gives the aura reading thing and they both require you to be injured

    also MoM can benefit killers who run remember me a bit.

    because of this reason. i don't think MoM will get nerfed. if it gets a nerf. it would be a small one.

    A lot of the time deadhard has to be burned in a deadzone and goes nowhere.

    Due to the weapon wipe animation and speed boost for getting hit a Mom proc will always extend a chase by 22 seconds, minimum, as long as the survivor runs in a straight line away from a killer and doesn't get to any other loops. Always. You can't fake out or force Mom in a bad spot like you can deadhard.

    If four survivors use Mom that's 88 seconds the killer loses for essentially nothing.

    This isn't even counting things like self-care to 99%, divebomb a hook with borrowed time, get hit while unhooking and soak it with Mom, heal the last 1%, get hit again and damage sprint away.

  • isnt there only a couple of killer who cant do anything about MOM? most killers have something that ignore MOM

  • This content has been removed.
  • I don't think BHVR will address this by nerfing it, instead they will give killers a similar perk such as downing 2 or 3 survivors gives 1 free insta down perk.

    But so far MoM is literally like old ds, and the fact 4 people can run it will no repercussions makes it unfun for the killer.

  • Honestly I don't really see the issue WITH MoM... About half of the killers have means of dealing with it without triggering it (not including Nurse in this because that's a bug).

    Leatherface and Billy have their saws, Plague breaks people faster then the survivor can make use of it, Huntress has hatchets, Trapper has... well... traps, Myers has E3 AND insta-mori, Legion for all their ups and downs is in the same boat as Plague being able to down them faster then they can get MoM stacks. Even NURSE PLAYERS, once the bug fix is valid won't have much difficulty, the good ones at least, as Nurse ignores literally every rule in the game anyways lol.

    The only ones potentially screwed are Wraith, Pig (if the dash counts as a M1 attack), Doctor but he's got other issues anyways that need a WHOLE other topic to discuss, Freddy (he's getting a rework though so who knows if it'll be an issue once that drops), and Hag. That said a decent counter to MoM is Save the Best for Last allowing you to recover from a successful attack that much faster.

    In all reality I see MoM usage dwindling off once Killers start making more use out of their killers that can ignore MoM and not use the ones who can't. When that happens, Survivors are either going to call for MoM buffs, call the perk worthless and not use it, or both.

    Just another storm we need to weather the tides of ^_^

1 2 โ€บ