Small Buff to Ruin

Adding these to the following tiers could only help Ruin without buffing it out of balance.

Tier 1: slightly increases the chance to trigger skillchecks

Tier 2: moderately increases the chance to trigger skill checks

Tier 3: considerably increases the chance to trigger skill checks.

Comments

  • I think it is fine as is.

  • Ruin already got a buff. It effects everyone at all tiers now.

  • The only buff it needs is one it’s needed for years, and that’s better totem placement. Guess that’s impossible though.

  • Hex ruin is the last perk that needs a buff right now, its in an excellent position

  • That would be an indirect nerf for freddy.

  • @Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

    The only buff it needs is one it’s needed for years, and that’s better totem placement. Guess that’s impossible though.

    Going by your name, I see this has been an issue for you a long time now! Hehe

  • Adding these to the following tiers could only help Ruin without buffing it out of balance. Tier 1: slightly increases the chance to trigger skillchecks Tier 2:

    Thats actually would be buff for survivors.

    Ruin needs to be removed to be honest cause its trash perk to use.

  • I have no problem hitting the skill checks so it would be pointless.

    I do actually think totems should have skill checks though.

  • Ruin is already really powerful and one of the best killer perks, it doesn't need a buff, it just needs to not spawn in front of survivors, gens and open fields.

  • I hate Hex:Ruin(Even i'm using it because "must pick" perk) and those buff are scares me a lot

  • BUFF

    nice bait

  • Buffs to Ruin aren't relevant when the totem gets cleansed 20 seconds after the start of the trial.

    We would need better totem spawns on a lot of maps.

  • Ruin is fine as it is, It's the totems that need to be fixed. It doesn't matter if the perk gave no gen progression at all if it's gone in the first 20 seconds of the game.

  • @DudeDelicious That's funny because his dress add-ons dont make the chance of skill checks higher. Plus the fact freddy has no map pressure and a failed skill check on the other side of it does him no good.

    Ruin isn't overrated, but it's not foolproof broken op because it has counters. When it does stay up it is useful. Even if survivors can hit greats if ruin is up that still slows them down because its not granting any progression. If you can call ruin a crutch theres not much in this game you cant call a crutch.

    I dont play much freddy, unless you've got great add-ons and perks hes terrible. That doesnt make sense, yeah theoretically you could regress a gen down to zero with bad survivors. But the goal is killing them which you are gonna have a hard time doing if you focus too much on gens. Unless you're just trying to regress them a bit at a time, but that doesnt seem super useful outside of a 3 gen which can be easily broken. If I'm wrong on anything correct me, I'll gladly admit it.

  • I don't want ruin to be buffed.

    Whenever there is a problem, devs just create a perk and give it to us. After that, they act like they eradicated the problem.

    'There you go, you had a problem and if you want to solve the problem you can use this :)'

    I think the best example for this is the bad map design with unfair windows and setups. Sometimes survivors get a really disgusting setup and you need to have that window removed. In order to prevent this, they created bamboozle.

    Gen rush is a problem and ruin is the only perk for early game pressure. If they buff it, they will act like they found a solution for gen rush. They might as well remove Ruin from the game for all I care. We don't need to buff these kind of perks, we need real solutions.

  • Why do we need to buff arguably the most used perk in the game? How about we buff some weaker perks to the same level to change up this stale meta a bit

  • @CornChip said:

    Why do we need to buff arguably the most used perk in the game? How about we buff some weaker perks to the same level to change up this stale meta a bit

    Self-care is more common

  • @Bithard said:

    I have no problem hitting the skill checks so it would be pointless.

    I do actually think totems should have skill checks though.

    Depend on the type of freddy ur up against. If it a freddy who run a full on skill check build ur in for a nightmare no pun intended

  • Why are you trying to turn this into survivor vs killer debate? The devs should flip all of the perks upside down and shake up the meta for both sides

  • @CornChip I’m not. You said that ruin was arguably the most used perk and I corrected that.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @CornChip I’m not. You said that ruin was arguably the most used perk and I corrected that.

    Thank you for your valuable input.....

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/405536#Comment_405536

    @KingB BWAHAHA this is funny.

    Despite my feelings of Ruin being GREATLY overrated and a crutch, an increase in Skill Checks is not a bad thing for Freddy, and it still baffles me that people don’t understand that Dream Demon is to encourage bad skill checks out of survivors.

    Heck i run Overcharge on Freddy almost all the time. It’s one of Freddy’s best perks.

    Overcharge is bad