Is anyone going to give a suggestion to change MoM or are you all just gonna give up

"I'm done playing killer"

"I'm leaving the game"

"The devs don't listen to our feedback"

"Guess I'm a survivor main now"

"Devs only care about survivors"

Can you all just shut THE ######### UP

I like seeing quitter attitudes from ######### killers. Really helps weed out the players who are bad, as well as the entitled babies.

Give the developers ######### feedback instead of being pussies that sit on your ass.

Mettle of Man while not as powerful as most claim is an UNBALANCED AND QUITE FRANKLY: POORLY DESIGNED PERK

So I'm going to propose changes to make it more balanced on the killer side.

1. Mettle of Man gains tokens upon any attack, however following the blocked hit, the survivor will be put into exhaustion. As well as giving the survivor the broken status for 10-20 seconds This will make sure it can't be comboed with Dead Hard and instant heals. In addition the aura read upon full heal is removed.

2. Mettle of Man, when activated goes onto a 5-8 second timer where, once finished, the survivor will obtain the hindered status effect for 5 seconds. Allowing the killer to catch up more quickly.

Those are my 2. What are yours? Shoot some suggestions.

Comments

  • I think it's fine now personally. I've been running it and only got it to proc twice. First time gens got finished just as the Killer swung, hit by a NOED, got hooked and abandoned. Second time got downed rescuing from a hook after 4th gen, figure I'll get saved, they finish last gen and leave. I haven't really played Killer since Ash dropped so maybe they see the problem worse, but right now I just want it to be useful. Flip Flop has had more of an impact so far for Entity's sake.

    That being said, if there had to be a Nerf, I'd say make MoM only usable once. Of course, doing that makes MoM and b version of Dead Hard, which is probably what most Killer Mainz want. Another useless Survivor perk.

  • @BigBlackMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/404956#Comment_404956

    Okay. You keep saying it's impossible while i'm actually doing it. Stay bad.

    They aren't counters they're more or less strategies to work around it. Like dribbling was to DS.

  • @TheBean said:

    I'm giving up myself.

    I just want the product I purchased fixed first before they even consider making changes. To me right now, the company is acting in a fraudulent manner in placing a description on the store page and not providing what was originally promised.

    If they make modifications on the MOM perk before fixing it, then everyone purchased the product that wasn't working correctly, not fixed, and not the product that was listed on the store page.

    The company is acting in a manner which makes me question if I should be their customer.

    I don't care what the perk is... I want the perk that was listed on the store page fixed. If BHVR wants to take feedback and make changes that is ok. However the very first priority is to release a fix for the original product sold. Not bait and switch me on their product, this is very dishonest way to conduct business.

    I'm sure somewhere in the ToU is says the content may change. This isnt new to them. All online games change.

  • @BigBlackMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/404945#Comment_404945

    Wrong, wrong and wrong.

    1. Puke til broken.Hit. Do not allow an unhook. Done>
    2. 99% EW3. Down and hook. Do not allow an unhook. Done (I've always done this anyway)
    3. I said nothing about ambush (which isn't her real power) i mean RBT's which are eually good at making you unable to escape whether you can be downed or not. Unless you're bad and play 'fair.

    "Do not allow an unhook"

    Are you just saying your counter is to facecamp them until they are dead?

  • Just equip addons and play better

  • Personally my problem with MoM is the fact that it's too easy to get for how good it is against the majority of killers - it uses the backwards logic which is to punish the weaker killers while being countered by an already overused killer (Hillbilly).


    What I would like MoM to become is a counter to the instadowns nobody likes.

    Basically this would be my rework to MoM ;

    Everytime a survivor is instadowned your perk gains a charge. When any teammates have been instadowned 3 times your perk is activated and the next hit that puts you into the dying state injures you instead.

    With this idea in mind we can even make the perk multi-use as well or adjust it even further as it would become the clear counter to unfun addons like Iri heads, counter perks like devour hope, NOED (which already has a counter), MYC, haunted grounds and killers like Hillbilly. With this suggestion you can keep MoM as a strong perk without ruining the M1 killers unless they put themselves into that scenario with addons or perks.

  • I'm playing Legion too, @Letroni. I love using Franks Mixtape with Stab Wounds Study, haha! I haven't had to deal with MoM at all since I'm only playing Legion now. ;-D

  • I proposed an idea : https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/403897#Comment_403897


    Basically just be broken until the trial ends once it activates so users can't double dip and activate it and still get an insta-heal from adrenaline.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @jackmadrox said:

    Look how long it took for the devs to finally nerf DS. It took forever. And players were complaining about it for 2 years! How long until MoM will be nerfed? Another 2 years of complaining about it? Maybe players don't want to complain about it anymore. Maybe they're burnt out. I'd like to see a perk for killers that is DS-like. Just so overpowered that it would take survivor mains 2 years of complaining to get it nerfed.

    And since we're on this subject, let me express something else. The fact that the hatch can be opened early is bull #########. It's bad enough one survivor can escape through the hatch because they and their team played horribly, but it's even more ridiculous that ALL 4 survivors can escape through the hatch. The hatch straight up sucks in my opinion and is unfair tbh. The only way you can make it balanced is to give killers the ability to kick the hatch shut if they find it first. Because as it stands, if I find the hatch first as killer, I either have to wait for the remaining survivor to find it too, and then have a hatch stand off where the survivor stands there and taunts you, or you can go out looking for said survivor, leaving the hatch wide open.

    If you don't give suggestions theyll change it in a way that you'll likely hate.

  • @Carpemortum It isn't about changing content when it is released bugged, and you never really get the actual product you paid for originally.

  • An opinion that doesn't circle-jerk hating the devs? Unacceptable! 😆

  • I actually find it interesting when people have MoM on. Basically because I know exactly what perk is used when I hit them and nothing happens.


    Then again, I main survivor and only got a few MoM's as killer.

  • Sorry, but I don't do game design work for free. I retired from game design in 2018 for a reason. It's up to the Dev team, who gets paid for the work, to figure it out.

  • I think it's fine since it only activates if you get hit by a basic attack, not their power attack. The only Killers that can't avoid this are Hag, Clown, Wraith, Freddy, and Doctor. The only way they can get past MoM is if they grab the Survivor which sucks for them but I think the perk is fine.

  • I honestly don’t really care about it.

    It’s a second chance perk sure: but it’s just it’s issues outweigh its benefits. The aura aspect in particular; is what I’m talking about. However, that’s open to opinion.

    Personally, I don’t run those perks. I run perks I think are decent and I’m comfy with, rather than something so drastically different from my playstyle.

  • its only powerful at end-game and then again, this perk is really weak if you play any of the good killers and some bad ones, the 3 at the start are good counters/good enough killers/Perks

    1.hillbilly

    2.nurse

    3.legion

    4.Huntress

    5.Trapper

    6.Devour Hope

    7.NoEd

    8.Haunted Grounds

    9.Myers

    10.leatherface

    These all counter it because Legion will get 3 hooks at the same time you get 3 tokens, hillbilly with instadown, myers with instadown, Trappers traps will not affect mettle of man,

    Nurse practically ignores it

    The rest is self explanatory

  • I would just remove the sprint burst the surv gets when you get hit and MoM activates. If thats not enough mby remove the wipe animation for killer as well. pretty simple fix imo

  • @Hoodied said:

    its only powerful at end-game and then again, this perk is really weak if you play any of the good killers and some bad ones, the 3 at the start are good counters/good enough killers/Perks

    1.hillbilly

    2.nurse

    3.legion

    4.Huntress

    5.Trapper

    6.Devour Hope

    7.NoEd

    8.Haunted Grounds

    9.Myers

    10.leatherface

    These all counter it because Legion will get 3 hooks at the same time you get 3 tokens, hillbilly with instadown, myers with instadown, Trappers traps will not affect mettle of man,

    Nurse practically ignores it

    The rest is self explanatory

    1. Agreed
    2. She's bugged, she eventually will be countered by MoM
    3. Agreed
    4. Agreed
    5. If the survivors you're facing aren't trash, then your traps will always be disarmed, so no. But he kinda has a counter.
    6. Hex perk, so it'll be cleansed in the first two minutes max
    7. Kinda agree, but doesn't stop it from proccing for an injured survivor
    8. If they notice a totem doing nothing, they won't cleanse.
    9. Kinda, but same as NOED
    10. Good luck hitting the chainsaw, more falls in the same category as Myers here.

    So yeah, a perk that can only be countered by specific killer powers, specific perks, or add-ons? So killers are now forced to run specific perks even more? Where's our perk that allows us to insta-down the next survivor we hit after hitting three survivors?

  • It’s not as much a problem with MoM, that’s just the tipping point in a long series of things that make killer not any more difficult, but less fun.

    Worse than MoM was the change they made to pallets. There are now tons of them on every map and nothing most killers can do about it but be kited from pallet to pallet.

  • @ShaneQ said:

    @Kagrenac

    You sure?

    I thought it was a one and done perk like DS?

    Every time I used it, I no longer gained stacks after being hit. Definitely never used it twice in one game.

    Never been used more than once on me either

    @ShaneQ yeah I have never seen it used twice in a game either. The other thing is I've only seen it used 5 times in about 100 matches but that's probably because Ash is new and I play on PS4.

    I don't think it's use is as prevelant currently. Although we do see a lot of killers get frustrated after a match and come on and vent. That's okay too.

    It's basically the reverse for No Mither but less cringey but folks do love a one shot survivor hehehe.

  • It's already fine

  • there needs to be a specific action the survivors need to pull off in order to gain their tokens for MoM.

    getting a free hit for doing nothing but screwing up is just bad game design imo.

    lets say you gotta perform a protection action in order to gain one of your 3 MoM tokens. bodyblock for your mates, take hits for them in general will fill up your MoM now, so you can sponge the next attack that would put you into dying state after blocking 3 times. that way there is a specific action to it other than "uh, well lets just give you another second chance for screwing up". They could also remove the whole revealing the aura after getting healed thing with that condition.


    i just think the perk is poorly designed, which could be easily fixed, if you ask me.

1 2 ›