The Dark Ages - Part 2

Will you be sticking around during these depressing times?

I've already seen a few people say they were quitting, but I think I'm just gonna ride this out as a Survivor main for a bit.

A role FLIP-FLOP (lol) if you will :3

Comments

  • I'm still going to be watching streams and checking the forums but as far as playing, Nah I don't find the game fun lately. Hopefully that changes soon though, I love this game.

  • Not gonna stay full time, that for sure...

    I'll play other games and I'll come back full time when all this bs has ended. But if I dont see any changes on the mid-chapter patch I'll just uninstall

  • I like how absolutely every paranoid killer main over-exaggerates absolutely everything on here in absolutely every instance after absolutely every update.

    I play 50/50 haven't had a problem with MoM while playing Wraith; if you guys really can't deal with a longer chase I don't know what to tell you.

    On the survivor side I haven't had it activate yet because everyone's playing Billy, Legion Bubba or Nurse.

  • Well, maybe when they make it work for Nurse like they sad they will, you'll get it to work.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    I like how absolutely every paranoid killer main over-exaggerates absolutely everything on here in absolutely every instance after absolutely every update.

    I play 50/50 haven't had a problem with MoM while playing Wraith; if you guys really can't deal with a longer chase I don't know what to tell you.

    On the survivor side I haven't had it activate yet because everyone's playing Billy, Legion Bubba or Nurse.

    When survivors get a nerf; Killer mains: “aDaPt”

    When survivors get something decent or a slight buff; Killers: “tOdAy iS mY lAsT dAy oF dBd”

  • @Kagrenac said:

    I like how absolutely every paranoid killer main over-exaggerates absolutely everything on here in absolutely every instance after absolutely every update.

    I play 50/50 haven't had a problem with MoM while playing Wraith; if you guys really can't deal with a longer chase I don't know what to tell you.

    On the survivor side I haven't had it activate yet because everyone's playing Billy, Legion Bubba or Nurse.

    @Kagrenac

    Hey, you play Ps4? Let me give you the exact reason why MoM is so broken, just invite me and my SWF squad and we'll show you.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401471#Comment_401471

    @Kagrenac

    Hey, you play Ps4? Let me give you the exact reason why MoM is so broken, just invite me and my SWF squad and we'll show you.

    I'm on PC I'd gladly play though.

  • I'm sure they'll decline to protect their ego and remain ignorant of the current meta.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401471#Comment_401471

    When survivors get a nerf; Killer mains: “aDaPt”

    When survivors get something decent or a slight buff; Killers: “tOdAy iS mY lAsT dAy oF dBd”

    How it actually goes and has gone since 1.1.0:

    Survivor mains to Killer mains: LOL, adapt you noobs!

    Killers adapt.

    Killer mains to Survivor mains: How about you adapt now?

    Survivor mains to devs: WAAAAA, devs, those mean Killers adapted, nerf them, WAAA!!

  • @Raccoon said:

    I'm sure they'll decline to protect their ego and remain ignorant of the current meta.

    If someone wants to prove me wrong I'll let them. I actually do have character believe it or not


  • https://youtu.be/YedqV4Gl_us?t=1m33s

    Killers - if you tell me MoM isn't overpowered you're entering a world of pain..

  • @Kagrenac said:

    I like how absolutely every paranoid killer main over-exaggerates absolutely everything on here in absolutely every instance after absolutely every update.

    I play 50/50 haven't had a problem with MoM while playing Wraith; if you guys really can't deal with a longer chase I don't know what to tell you.

    On the survivor side I haven't had it activate yet because everyone's playing Billy, Legion Bubba or Nurse.

    Whether Mettle is OP or not, its whatever, what everyone is mad about is the fact that Survivors keep getting second chance perks. It is frustrating. We finally got the cancer that was DS out of the way, because it was indeed bad design. Now, look, two weeks or so after that, we get another stupid second chance perk to take DS's place.

    People arent raging just because of Mettle alone. People are annoyed because of accumulative bad decisions from the Devs. For some people, it started with Plague getting nerfed during its release. For others, earlier.

    If you dont understand it, thats fine. But people are frustrated, and assuming they are over exaggerating just because QQ, well, maybe the issue lies somewhere that you cant see.

  • Yes i'll still be playing, i'll keep playing this game until they push out The Final Chapter and shut down the game. My real question is can all these TTV nerds hold out. lol

    When you release the only reason every Fog Whisperer and stream stays playing the game is because it's their only source of income and they can't make any money playing any other game.

    Better.PNG


  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401471#Comment_401471

    Whether Mettle is OP or not, its whatever, what everyone is mad about is the fact that Survivors keep getting second chance perks. It is frustrating. We finally got the cancer that was DS out of the way, because it was indeed bad design. Now, look, two weeks or so after that, we get another stupid second chance perk to take DS's place.

    People arent raging just because of Mettle alone. People are annoyed because of accumulative bad decisions from the Devs. For some people, it started with Plague getting nerfed during its release. For others, earlier.

    If you dont understand it, thats fine. But people are frustrated, and assuming they are over exaggerating just because QQ, well, maybe the issue lies somewhere that you cant see.

    Of course I know people are frustrated. I never said I don't but every time something like this comes out there's always a knee-jerk reaction where killers/survivors spam the forums only spouting nonsense about how the new addition is biased.

    Mettle of Man will prevent you from getting hit

    However, even if you heal to 99% you have to heal eventually. Once that happens you are never escaping the killer until you get hooked again.

    If anything they should change it so it only affects a certain type of attack; why not make it only count on lunges? That way m1 killers have counterplay that doesn't require much to do.

    Instead of using this forum to suggest changes all I've seen are complaints. Until I see legitimate ideas for changes that aren't coated in a seething rage, I will continue to say they're over-exaggerating

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401471#Comment_401471

    When survivors get a nerf; Killer mains: “aDaPt”

    When survivors get something decent or a slight buff; Killers: “tOdAy iS mY lAsT dAy oF dBd”

    You really wanna say MoM is just "decent" or a "slight buff"? Yeah, come back to reality mate.

  • @Kagrenac

    You think people are healing in this meta?

    What kind of builds do you think all the good players are currently running?

    Serious questions.

  • @Raccoon said:

    @Kagrenac

    You think people are healing in this meta?

    What kind of builds do you think all the good players are currently running?

    Serious questions.

    Adrenaline is the most runned perk right now. Ever since healing got nerfed it's become pointless to do so.

    Healing to 99 is your best bet so you can at least take another attack and I've seen that quite often while playing thus far.

  • I miss seeing Self-Care in my games :(

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401511#Comment_401511

    Of course I know people are frustrated. I never said I don't but every time something like this comes out there's always a knee-jerk reaction where killers/survivors spam the forums only spouting nonsense about how the new addition is biased.

    Mettle of Man will prevent you from getting hit

    However, even if you heal to 99% you have to heal eventually. Once that happens you are never escaping the killer until you get hooked again.

    If anything they should change it so it only affects a certain type of attack; why not make it only count on lunges? That way m1 killers have counterplay that doesn't require much to do.

    Instead of using this forum to suggest changes all I've seen are complaints. Until I see legitimate ideas for changes that aren't coated in a seething rage, I will continue to say they're over-exaggerating

    Survivors already loop indefinitely with no intention of actually winning the chase and consider it a good and skilled way to play. So that "drawback" that you and others like you cling to desperately like it's a big deal? It won't make any difference.

  • @Raccoon said:

    I miss seeing Self-Care in my games :(

    Why would I use it when:

    1. It takes an even longer time to heal now
    2. Sloppy is frequently run
    3. Nurse's calling exists
    4. I can reap benefit from resilience and this isn't happening

    I've unironically been using No-Mither on a few of my builds because healing is just that pointless.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401524#Comment_401524

    Survivors already loop indefinitely with no intention of actually winning the chase and consider it a good and skilled way to play. So that "drawback" that you and others like you cling to desperately like it's a big deal? It won't make any difference.

    What games are you playing where you're getting looped indefinitely?

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401542#Comment_401542

    What games are you playing where you're getting looped indefinitely?

    It's a practical "indefinitely", in the sense that a survivor can loop the killer until all generators have been repaired and the exits have been opened. Like DS, MoM just makes the problem worse by providing people who don't need free escapes with even more free escapes.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401557#Comment_401557

    It's a practical "indefinitely", in the sense that a survivor can loop the killer until all generators have been repaired and the exits have been opened. Like DS, MoM just makes the problem worse by providing people who don't need free escapes with even more free escapes.

    I have never in all my hours of playing seen a survivor run the killer until all 5 gens are completed and the exit gates get open. It's just not possible; there's no if, and, or but about that.

    Is this supposed to be a hyperbole or something for a long chase? A survivor can usually run the killer for 1 gen and 2 if the killer is terrible/the survivors are coordinated enough.

  • This is not even close to Howling Grounds-levels of bad.

  • I've been meaning to pick up Sekiro and MK11 is coming out shortly so I'll probably take a nice long break from dbd soon. Hopefully they rework the ranking system while I'm gone. I know people say it doesn't matter but depipping every game that doesn't last 20 minutes has been really depressing.

  • I'm going to try to stay. I already don't play it that much, but DbD is still a fun game. Mortal Kombat 11 is going to be a really good game though. I played the stress test and the closed beta and I cannot wait for the full release, so I might end up dropping DbD temporarily to play MK.

    @Boss said:

    This is not even close to Howling Grounds-levels of bad.

    What was so bad about Howling Grounds? I only remember the pallet/flashlight save change that was quickly reverted.

  • Catch ya on the flip flop ;)

  • People leaving en-masse. Survivors screeching that killers are op and they need to adapt. No one playing Plague, tons of survivor main streams. Brand new DLC with extremely good perks drops for survivors. Yea, clearly killers are op, that's why the game is hemorrhaging numbers. It surely couldn't be that the game is horrible for killers, couldn't be. That+another drop of a chunk of good survivor perks, constant dcs both intended and unintended, the extremely poor rank changes, yup.

    The game is doing great. :^) Only down 8,000 players, but that's nothing out of 20k. Only about half, no big deal.

    @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401566#Comment_401566

    I have never in all my hours of playing seen a survivor run the killer until all 5 gens are completed and the exit gates get open. It's just not possible; there's no if, and, or but about that.

    Is this supposed to be a hyperbole or something for a long chase? A survivor can usually run the killer for 1 gen and 2 if the killer is terrible/the survivors are coordinated enough.

    Funny. I'm a killer main and admittedly not stellar at survivor, but I've done this quite a few times. Did it just last night. Got tunneled with no exhaust perk and still ran for 4 gens. 5th gen popped as I went on the hook and guess what? I just adren'd away when I got unhooked. We should really add more pallets though, I didn't have nearly enough to drop in that chase.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401566#Comment_401566

    I have never in all my hours of playing seen a survivor run the killer until all 5 gens are completed and the exit gates get open. It's just not possible; there's no if, and, or but about that.

    Is this supposed to be a hyperbole or something for a long chase? A survivor can usually run the killer for 1 gen and 2 if the killer is terrible/the survivors are coordinated enough.

    @Kagrenac Actually Marth recently did it in his survivor series he's been uploading.

    I do agree mom is being overblown. Of course I'm also a terrible killer so my opinion will count for little amongst those who are so angry about it.

  • @thrawn3054

    Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's, friendo :3

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401566#Comment_401566

    I have never in all my hours of playing seen a survivor run the killer until all 5 gens are completed and the exit gates get open. It's just not possible; there's no if, and, or but about that.

    Is this supposed to be a hyperbole or something for a long chase? A survivor can usually run the killer for 1 gen and 2 if the killer is terrible/the survivors are coordinated enough.

    @Kagrenac A surv can absolutely keep the killer busy for 3 gens. That's only 80 seconds. It depends a bit on the map layout and for sure on the killer, of course. Nurse is something different than Leatherface.

    If you add the right perks, toolboxes and an insta-heal, the chase can last 5 gens.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401571#Comment_401571

    @Kagrenac A surv can absolutely keep the killer busy for 3 gens. That's only 80 seconds. It depends a bit on the map layout and for sure on the killer, of course. Nurse is something different than Leatherface.

    If you add the right perks, toolboxes and an insta-heal, the chase can last 5 gens.

    Toss in PT and some lunchboxes and that's a gen that's not gonna last long. Good lord I've slept on this perk. I knew it was stupid, but not this stupid.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401524#Comment_401524

    I played Freddy today.

    I had to hit an Ash seven times to be able to even have the chance to hook him twice -- as the first time I hooked him (which took FOUR hits by the way), he deliverance'd right in my face. And then when I downed him again, I ate a DS too because apparently that's "tunneling (and I thought a minute had passed. Obviously I was a few seconds too early).

    I never got that seventh hit in. Only got six. Insta heal, MoM, DS, Deliverance and Adrenaline. Also in a SWF so when he DS'd me, he was able to just sprint burst via Adrenaline with two gens popping at once while I was stunned.

    That was the single most frustrating experience I ever had in this game. But this is apparently a knee jerk reaction or overexaggeration from me, is it? I'm not even a killer main. I play 50/50. That game made me legit want to uninstall the game. What's the point of playing killer where everything I can do is invalidated just because someone right clicks a perk and equips it and they all work just so... passively? What's the point of playing survivor when I can just turn it around where every mistake I do is nulled and meaningless because I can make another five and still be no worse for wear?

    And let me just put emphasis that it was just one guy running that build. Imagine if it was all four survivors doing that kind of #########. A maximum of 28 hits to not even kill people, but just put them on death hook, assuming you never miss, they never heal any extra times. Just to hook each survivor twice. Just because they equipped perks and instant heals and nothing to do with their skill.

    I don't want to play a game like that. I don't want anything to do with it, survivor or killer. It's not only bad game design, but it's boring game design too. It's literally just the same recycled perks over and over again that all ultimately do the same thing with a slightly different requirement -- "you ######### up but it's okay because you equipped a crutch."

    Why can't we just have perks that actually require interaction and shake the game play in some interesting and meaningful way other than having to always play around a dozen perks that punish you by erasing your progress as a killer, and a dozen aura reading perks that punishes you by telling the killer exactly where you are as a survivor?

    I've played vs Freddy yesterday - twice in a row. So what happened in the second game. I was the obsession - he had Dying Light. I ran him for a bit got down and hooked and then the camp started, got unhooked while he was nearby ofc ran for 20 seconds and then I got moried and depiped. After that game I came here just to post that targets who get morried should not depip for million reasons and then I thought - maybe I should just buy Ash I just can't deal with such bullshit like Moris and perks that are meant to encourage tunneling and camping. But I want to play other perks, there are so many other interesting perks but how can I if you are solo

    For MoM I have millions ideas how they can change so that it can be more reasonable vs the weaker killers. After I read the comments maybe they should just not allow it to be equiped together with Adrenaline or DS or Insta Heals. The other idea I had is the stacks to be gained only vs special atacks only, while insta downs give you all the stacks - this way it would hit the strongest killers that they refuse to to nerf like BIlly and Nurse/after they fix thewcurrent state/, Legion and maybe adjust some more atacks to be special /like being under effect or even the surprise atacks, stepping on a trap etc /


    After I gave it more thoughts I think that is the perfect solution for MoM - just make it not possible to equip it with Adrenaline which all the best players run today OR just make it not possible to procs both in one game - if you get MoM you dont get the effect of Adrenaline at the end and vice versa. Both will do for me

  • They won't do either of those - Too many people would quit + review bomb the game for changing such a core feature (freedom to pick any 4 perks).

  • Dark ages after 1 perk gets added these are some low standards.

  • Yeah.

    It's not like the game is also plagued with rampant DC's due to fair things like slugging, finding someone at the start of a trial, or character choice.

    It's not like the game randomly crashes for people on the loading screen, as the trial starts, or during the trial.

    It's not like a brand new killer was insta-nerfed, killing all hype for them.

    It's not like the Freddy rework is a lie.

    It's not like the game thrives on toxicity.

    It's not like the free weekend was held while the game had the aforementioned connectivity/DC issues.

    It's not like the game is hemorrhaging players, as proven by steamdb.

    You'd have to actually play and follow the game to know about these obvious issues, though.

  • @Raccoon I honestly don't know. I just returned to the game a couple weeks ago after a long hiatus. But already the constant disconnects from survivors, along with a whole host of other issues, have really killed my desire to login. I only played one match last night, and haven't as much as launched the game yet tonight.

    I've played beta-phase games that were in a better state than DbD is right now. And it would be different if I had the slightest bit of faith in the developer, but I don't. The issues have gone on for way too long, and communication is anemic.

  • Well, at least they provide updates via their weekly....Oh, never mind :(

  • 0 hours playtime in the past 2 weeks. Feels great, I can only recommend!

  • Everyone is so dramatic in this game.

  • Will most likely pause DbD aswell for some time even though I love the game per se.

    Playing as survivor became boring because Killers in the current state are more or less Bloodpoint Piñatas and no real threats or challenges. Except for Nurse, Billy and Huntress maybe, if they're decent.

    And Killer is no fun to play anymore for the same reason.

    Plus crashes, loading fails, queue times, broken matchmaking, DC-Mania, gamebreaking bugs (entity block not working)...

    It's just way too much at the moment.

  • This topic just gets more and more relevant.

  • This is the dark ages forever now

  • @Raccoon Unfortunately, it does. I had written off Overwatch for the remainder of 2019. After yesterday, I went and logged into it last night. I actually enjoyed the PvE event a lot. I was shocked in a pleasant way by the Reaper Shadow-Step change. I even managed to luck-out and get the Junkrat clown skin in my first free lootbox, and since he's a main and I actually aim his grenades for direct hits, loved the grenade speed buff he got.

    Did two matches, logged out, opened Steam, looked at DbD, thought about its state, closed Steam.

    It's a damned shame right now.

  • Well, at least you have other games to play :3


  • @DocOctober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401483#Comment_401483

    How it actually goes and has gone since 1.1.0:

    Survivor mains to Killer mains: LOL, adapt you noobs!

    Killers adapt.

    Killer mains to Survivor mains: How about you adapt now?

    Survivor mains to devs: WAAAAA, devs, those mean Killers adapted, nerf them, WAAA!!

    i think its the opposite mah boy its killer: "waaaa MoM its too op it requires no skill waaaaa"

  • @Tru3Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401496#Comment_401496

    i think its the opposite mah boy its killer: "waaaa MoM its too op it requires no skill waaaaa"

    MoM literally only activates if you, as a survivor, fail to win chases and instead get hit multiple times. Explain how that's skillful.

  • Much like trying to find anything in their posting history that is relevant or contributes in a meaningful way, it's an impossible task ;3

  • Behold my works and despair :(

    -Devs

‹ 1 2