New pallets

Please add more minimum distance between pallets.

It's ok to have more of them but things like the double pallet on the jungle gym are gonna be stupid. It's already easy to run a killer for all 5 gens.

This is mainly because some jungle gyms are not mindgamable at all since you can see through their walls (Coldwind and Autohaven)

Sometimes you can even see the red light under the wall and that negates the moonwalk completely.

Maps like the Swamp or Lery's needed more pallets but others like Mcmillan, Coldwind or Autohaven specially will be broken after this patch hits live.

If the minimum distance between pallets is staying as it is now on the PTB please at least change all the walls on jungle gyms, T walls, long walls, etc so that you are not able to see through them.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • Wait is this actually an intended change? Like it's not in the patch notes. I wanted to come back to this game maybe after some time but if jungle jyms honestly have two pallets again I'll rather just forget about that. What kind of joke is that?

  • @ad19970 said:

    Wait is this actually an intended change? Like it's not in the patch notes. I wanted to come back to this game maybe after some time but if jungle jyms honestly have two pallets again I'll rather just forget about that. What kind of joke is that?

    It is in the patch notes. They increased the minimum number of pallets and reduced the distance between them on one of the maps.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Wait is this actually an intended change? Like it's not in the patch notes. I wanted to come back to this game maybe after some time but if jungle jyms honestly have two pallets again I'll rather just forget about that. What kind of joke is that?

    Oh it's in the patch notes buddy. "Decreased the minimum distance between pallets to 8 meters." Honestly, if there was any time you should have been playing it should have been between the Spirit's released up until the Plague. The game really hasn't been more balanced.

  • All the more pallets to yeet over.

    Screenshot 2019-02-26 at 12.36.33 PM.png

    On a serious note, any other killer would suffer. Much as I like my Trapper, I can't carry enough bear traps to negate this shiz.

  • Play Nurse if you dont like pallets.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352906#Comment_352906

    It is in the patch notes. They increased the minimum number of pallets and reduced the distance between them on one of the maps.

    Oh ok. Does that mean not every jungle jym has two pallets? I mean a minimum of 8 pallets isn't that much,or? Why would it cause jungle jyms to have 2 pallets?

  • @MysticalMagic92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352906#Comment_352906

    Oh it's in the patch notes buddy. "Decreased the minimum distance between pallets to 8 meters." Honestly, if there was any time you should have been playing it should have been between the Spirit's released up until the Plague. The game really hasn't been more balanced.

    Yeah I did play the game for a while up until some time after Legions release. Think I got a bit bored of the game since like two months. But with the new DS and Thana changes, I felt like it could be fun to return to the game. Just having two pallets for a jungle jym seems so ridiculous, since they are already so strong and not really mindgameable.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Play Nurse if you dont like pallets.

    No thx. I shouldn't have to play one certain killer just to deal with certain balancing changes.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352915#Comment_352915

    Oh ok. Does that mean not every jungle jym has two pallets? I mean a minimum of 8 pallets isn't that much,or? Why would it cause jungle jyms to have 2 pallets?

    It had to do with the way pallets are distributed. First, spots without double pallets are filled, then more are added until the map has the required number of pallets. If you've taken physics or chemistry, it's similar to how electrons are distributed in the various orbitals.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352915#Comment_352915

    Oh ok. Does that mean not every jungle jym has two pallets? I mean a minimum of 8 pallets isn't that much,or? Why would it cause jungle jyms to have 2 pallets?

    The increase of fhe minimum amount is not what is causing this, the reducing of the distance is it.

    Two Pallets on a Jungle Gym are indeed not really good.

    Regarding the mimimum amount, I am fine with it, because some Maps really needed it. The Swamp sometimes has no Pallets in the middle area...

    • Increased the minimum number of pallets to 8 (global).ย 
    • Distances between spawnable objects(generators, hooks, pallets etc) are now scaled based on a vertical factor(in addition to the baseline horizontal distance).
    • Minimum distance between pallets was reduced for the Shelter Woods map.

    Is basically the ptb pallet changes. So minimum distance was only changed on Shelter Woods and honestly there were huge dead spots on that map. I think the second point is meant to address maps like The Game?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352927#Comment_352927

    It had to do with the way pallets are distributed. First, spots without double pallets are filled, then more are added until the map has the required number of pallets. If you've taken physics or chemistry, it's similar to how electrons are distributed in the various orbitals.

    Yeah I get that. However I've seen a double pallet jungle jym on Azarov's resting place, and I just find it hard to believe that that map did not reach the minimum of 8 pallets without having two pallets spawn in a jungle jym.

  • @Naiad said:

    • Increased the minimum number of pallets to 8 (global).ย 
    • Distances between spawnable objects(generators, hooks, pallets etc) are now scaled based on a vertical factor(in addition to the baseline horizontal distance).
    • Minimum distance between pallets was reduced for the Shelter Woods map.

    Is basically the ptb pallet changes. So minimum distance was only changed on Shelter Woods and honestly there were huge dead spots on that map. I think the second point is meant to address maps like The Game?

    Double pallet Jungle Gyms on Autohaven and Swamp are a thing as well...

  • Combine the pallet changes with the increased difficulty just to safety pip with killers and red ranked heroes will either be cheaters or the rarest of commodities.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352951#Comment_352951

    Double pallet Jungle Gyms on Autohaven and Swamp are a thing as well...

    I'm not sure why you're replying specifically to me as I was only mentioning the changes and nothing about double pallets? I honestly haven't seen a double pallet since last year, though that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. RNG is going to play a role in what tiles spawn.

  • *lol*

    Just for the record: I TOLD YOU SO!

    It just took longer than I expected for the Devs to reverse the pallet nerf.

    First they nerfed pallets, used it to "balance" killer powers accordingly and than they give the pallets back!

    Pretty good job so far.

  • @Naiad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353001#Comment_353001

    I'm not sure why you're replying specifically to me as I was only mentioning the changes and nothing about double pallets? I honestly haven't seen a double pallet since last year, though that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. RNG is going to play a role in what tiles spawn.

    Because you said the minimum distance was only changed on Shelter Woods, that is not the case

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353034#Comment_353034

    Because you said the minimum distance was only changed on Shelter Woods, that is not the case

    I literally copy and pasted the patch notes into my post. Which state minimum distance between pallets was reduced on Shelter Woods. Show me where it says otherwise.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353034#Comment_353034

    Because you said the minimum distance was only changed on Shelter Woods, that is not the case

    According to the patch notes shelter woods is the only map to receive a change in minimum distance between pallets.

    Which is why I was confused when I saw a jungle jym with two pallets in one of true's videos in azarov's resting place, which already should have way more than 8 pallets.

  • @Naiad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353055#Comment_353055

    I literally copy and pasted the patch notes into my post. Which state minimum distance between pallets was reduced on Shelter Woods. Show me where it says otherwise.

    Nowhere, that's exactly why I responded to you, dont belive everything you read. Check other maps and you'll see how Shelter Woods is not the only map that got changed.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352927#Comment_352927

    The increase of fhe minimum amount is not what is causing this, the reducing of the distance is it.

    Two Pallets on a Jungle Gym are indeed not really good.

    Regarding the mimimum amount, I am fine with it, because some Maps really needed it. The Swamp sometimes has no Pallets in the middle area...

    The only players who say theres not enough pallets on a nap are the ones who are inexperienced and simply need to learn the maps--------> WOO helps you learn the maps faster... pallet spots and windows... wear this perk for a bit and you'll realize there was nothing wrong with the pallet distribution system

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353055#Comment_353055

    According to the patch notes shelter woods is the only map to receive a change in minimum distance between pallets.

    Which is why I was confused when I saw a jungle jym with two pallets in one of true's videos in azarov's resting place, which already should have way more than 8 pallets.

    That's exactly why I made this post.

    Either if it's a bug or a feature doesnt matter, it cant make it to live servers.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Play Nurse if you dont like pallets.

    or legion

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Play Nurse if you dont like pallets.

    I'll play her again whenever framerate doesnt suck on console.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352946#Comment_352946

    The only players who say theres not enough pallets on a nap are the ones who are inexperienced and simply need to learn the maps--------> WOO helps you learn the maps faster... pallet spots and windows... wear this perk for a bit and you'll realize there was nothing wrong with the pallet distribution system

    This is actually a good advice. Problem is, it's a teachable of Kate Denson. It should really just be one of the non teachable perks, since it's the perfect perk for beginners.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352921#Comment_352921

    No thx. I shouldn't have to play one certain killer just to deal with certain balancing changes.

    Actually, you should. Not everyone has issues with pallets. If pallets, or looping, or gen rush is a problem to your playstyle, play the killer and use perks that HELP DEAL WITH WHATEVER CAUSES YOU ISSUES.


    They cant balance every killer, and every perk, to fit every single situation.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353383#Comment_353383

    That's exactly why I made this post.

    Either if it's a bug or a feature doesnt matter, it cant make it to live servers.

    Because one single map was adjusted? Out of the what, 20 we have?

    LOL [+1] ๐Ÿ˜†

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353509#Comment_353509

    Because one single map was adjusted? Out of the what, 20 we have?

    LOL [+1] ๐Ÿ˜†

    I dont think you realize that if 1 map is changed, several can be as well. Give it time and you'll see how many of them are changed.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353959#Comment_353959

    I dont think you realize that if 1 map is changed, several can be as well. Give it time and you'll see how many of them are changed.

    You assume I'm incompetent? Or illiterate? Yes I know they COULD all be changed just as EVERY single perk could be. Just because theyve made a change to one map doesnt mean they will, or that this is a game ending change. It's on one map. If it works well, they MAY look at other maps. But it does not dictate that they will.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353965#Comment_353965

    You assume I'm incompetent? Or illiterate? Yes I know they COULD all be changed just as EVERY single perk could be. Just because theyve made a change to one map doesnt mean they will, or that this is a game ending change. It's on one map. If it works well, they MAY look at other maps. But it does not dictate that they will.

    Have you played/seen the ptb?

    There are Jungle Gyms with double pallets in a lot of maps now thanks to the reduced minimum distance, I cant believe how broken this will be on maps like Asylum where the infinite is already full of pallets...

    Some maps like The Swamp needed this change but maps like Coldwind or Autohaven are gonna go back to pre-chapter 10.

  • Before adding more distance I need the pallets to be visible on the swamp. I got smack by casper

  • If jungle gyms having two pallets now is an intended change than rip playing any killer other than nurse. I was just getting into playing trappy boi and actually having alot of fun with him but double pallet jungle gyms are just to much for your typical killer. Back to nurse it is.

  • @Peanits or @not_Queen can you please comment on this? Is double pallet jungle gyms an intended change?

  • @SadonicShadow said:

    @Peanits or @not_Queen can you please comment on this? Is double pallet jungle gyms an intended change?

    The game will try to spawn pallets evenly as much as it can, but if there are no more valid spots and the minimum number of pallets has not been reached, it will put the pallet wherever it can. That could be what you're noticing, but that has not changed in a while.

    There were some other changes to spawning in this PTB (things like vertical distance being factored in), but not specifically to make double pallets appear.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354241#Comment_354241

    The game will try to spawn pallets evenly as much as it can, but if there are no more valid spots and the minimum number of pallets has not been reached, it will put the pallet wherever it can. That could be what you're noticing, but that has not changed in a while.

    There were some other changes to spawning in this PTB (things like vertical distance being factored in), but not specifically to make double pallets appear.

    So i assume those in charge of balance will recognize this as an unintended side effect of the new pallet spawn parameters and likely fix it.

  • @SadonicShadow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354250#Comment_354250

    So i assume those in charge of balance will recognize this as an unintended side effect of the new pallet spawn parameters and likely fix it.

    If it's actually a bug. As mentioned, pallets will ignore the rules and spawn anywhere if there are no more valid positions for them to spawn.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Hold on a minute you mean the actual double pallet loops? Like the dreadful ones you'd see in gameplays from 2016? If that's coming back I'm either switching to survivor permanently or quitting.

    Yes. Double pallets are back. On jungle gyms you will sometimes see double pallets.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354241#Comment_354241

    The game will try to spawn pallets evenly as much as it can, but if there are no more valid spots and the minimum number of pallets has not been reached, it will put the pallet wherever it can. That could be what you're noticing, but that has not changed in a while.

    There were some other changes to spawning in this PTB (things like vertical distance being factored in), but not specifically to make double pallets appear.

    I personally have seen a jungle jym with two pallets on Azarov's resting place. And I find it hard to believe that that map doesn't reach the minimum amount of pallets even when keeping the distance between any pallet, which is why I'm confused.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    *lol*

    Just for the record: I TOLD YOU SO!

    It just took longer than I expected for the Devs to reverse the pallet nerf.

    First they nerfed pallets, used it to "balance" killer powers accordingly and than they give the pallets back!

    Pretty good job so far.

    Is this pallet buff how it was in the old days?

  • I dont think the double Jungle Gym (or any double pallet) is a direct buff, it might be a bug. However, the number of pallets has been buffed.