Noed should be built into the endgame
And that is my unpopular onion as someone who plays both sides, and as a player that mostly plays survivor solo.
I will not lie, as a survivor, if a killer has noed I usually go down because I am not amazing. I usually don’t equip noed as killer because I personally find hexes too much risk for worth, I don’t like missing a perk most match, and the survivors I would love to noed their toxic faces off usually have friends who break the totem after only 1 down.
I play survivor expecting noed at the end, and it makes the endgame a bit more intense and exciting. It makes escaping feel like an actual escape and not a casual jog.
Maybe I am in the minority to believe killers should be quite threatening and survivors should be vulnerable and escape because they outskilled the killer.
I will not lie, as a survivor, if a killer has noed I usually go down because I am not amazing. I usually don’t equip noed as killer because I personally find hexes too much risk for worth, I don’t like missing a perk most match, and the survivors I would love to noed their toxic faces off usually have friends who break the totem after only 1 down.
I play survivor expecting noed at the end, and it makes the endgame a bit more intense and exciting. It makes escaping feel like an actual escape and not a casual jog.
Maybe I am in the minority to believe killers should be quite threatening and survivors should be vulnerable and escape because they outskilled the killer.
Comments
No I play killer more than survivor and I still say no. Why do you think they turned noed into a hex?
So the killer could just be lazy and do nothing the entire game except stand near and exit gate waiting with Insidious and get rewarded or. They could play horribly the entire game and not care because they've got built in NOED.
That's a no and this from a Killer main and Spirit main that'll occasionally run NOED if I'm having bad games or screwing around for the scares.
To me that's no different than rewarding the person that goes and hides all game waiting for either the hatch or the gates to be powered.
And noed can always be adjusted so that scenario does not happen. Like the Entity punishes you the killer for going afk and not even chasing survivors so no noed. Or keep it a hex that spawns when the endgame hits.
Why wouldn't the killer do nothing until endgame if they get free downs and possibly a 4k all for doing absolutely nothing?
The killer can just game it, chase and stop chasing rinse and repeat and simply afk run around the map ala Billy.
I think that would be a bit much my self. I like the current noed personally, you give up something for that strong finish. Getting it for free would require some major buffs to survivors end game to balance.
Like I said, the game can remove noed from play if such behavior happens but my vision of this being in the base game is from killers who actually hunt and hook survivors and remind survivors they’re literally and figuratively not out of the woods yet.
They would get merciless if it's 4k, 4 sac's plus instant downs and hooks plus no one escapes so they'd get 10k if not more all for doing nothing.
Also the game can't remove it as easily as you say since the killer can just like I said game it and you might as well ask for free DH then.
Plenty of killers play well and receive benefit from NOED. It doesn't reward poor play. It does punish poor survivor play though. NOED doesn't auto down anyone. If the killer played poorly no one would be hit with it. You can't claim the killer is bad when they tracked you down and hit you with NOED when all you had to do was not rush the exit gate like a goofy. As a matter of fact the best killers are even more terrifying with it, like a Nurse, so it's a strawman from a to z. But the community and devs know this already.
Killers need something similar to the hatch, imagine the game is very close with only 2 survivors left, instead of going for the hatch they managed to get off the last gen, props to them. What are they greeted with now? NOED. gg.
I'm all in favour of giving killers a mechanic that basically gives them a pitty-kill like survivors get when they screw up but snowballing is not fun at all.
When you know your logic is bad yet you keep repeating the same disproven stuff but the survivors don't get a pity anything.
The hatch can only spawn if only 1 survivor is left alive and at least 2 gens have been done and there's no guarantee they'll always get the hatch.
When you screw up you've still got NOED, Mori's, Insta downs oh and you can permanently remove a survivor from the game still. The survivors on the other hand can't remove you from the game the same way, so play better and take your losses like an adult.
Just as you take your wins with pride as an adult you should your losses as well, when you play badly accept it, when you play well accept it.
If you really want the hathc removed then get rid of all aura reading perks of any kind so no Mirror Myers, No All Seeing Eye, No Rules Set #2, no BBQ, No Stridor, No Whispers, No Spies.
Basically no anything that helps you track anymore and once there's one left good luck with the 30-1hr plus hide and seek matches.
So basiacally, you dont want to take noed as a perk therefor it should be permanent build in as a fifth perk.
As i see it, noed is already in the game and for you to take as an endgame perk. Dont choose it, dont cry for not having it?
Just the other day I was playing solo against a doctor that was chasing one guy for 5 gens, then got 4k at the end cause we all tried to save while no one broke the totem.
It should be completely removed from the game. Same goes for ds.
I hope people complain about Noed because its cheap not because its strong(because its weak af)
When survivors aren't doing at least 3 gens then that's on their part, a killer cannot stop 3 gens from being done unless he's nurse.
Also I'm not saying get rid of the hatch, I think a pitty-mechanic is needed in a game like this, I'm just saying only survivors are getting it while killers are left with a ######### feeling.
He didn't get undeserved kills, you didnt cleanse totems and then went altruistic against NOED, you were bad and deserved to die.
Then again I'm sure some would still want gen times increased on top of that.
You could've just exited through the gate, who's stupid. The one going for the save against a NOED killer while the totem is up or chad-solo survivor who never goes altruistic in lategame unless he has BT and there's no NOED.
tl;dr
so bad killer who played really bad can get reward by noed even with out using it and survivor have no way to counter it?
Finally, you could just open the gates and leave. 1k at the most.
3 guys hook diving vs NOED is just the worst path you can take.
Also, I think it's not possible to hook 3 guys if they're downed in the exact same place around an already hooked person. That doctor must have iron grip + agitation + purple hook density offering + some serious RNG luck. Can you explain how was that even possible?
I'm tired of seeing these posts, but I will still put in my two cents.
No. There's no reason, both balance-wise and thematically, to build NOED into the end game. Rewarding killers for letting survivors get to the end game with no effort on their part is one thing, not having a counter to said reward is a completely different ballgame. Something tells me that the endgame changes they were talking about is not this. Thank goodness.