Why Do People Want NOED Nerfed?
I'm sick and tired of seeing people say it but never say why. The perk has ALREADY gone through SEVERAL nerfs and nerfing anymore will break it to the point where it's completely useless OR it needs a whole new effect like Tinkerer got. So please, someone tell me why you feel it needs to be nerfed, as of right now I think those people are complete noobs and stupid but if you have a valid reason please tell me because I don't like judging people.
Also why not offer your rework?
Comments
Bad Killers who suck who use it to help them. Also, Killers who are good use it to have fun with Survivors, again other Killers use it when they are generally good and get to red ranks but the Survivors are so experienced they realize that NOED is their downfall because they forget all about doing totems.
Using NOED doesn't make you bad and it is a crutch for some Killers but not for others. Ridiculing people for using a perk when there is more than 1 good reason to use it is wrong. The same can be said for D-Strike, it helps bad Survivors and it helps good Survivors who don't need it but use it anyway because it's fun for them.
Yeah, with killer their NOED could be countered with cleansing (or they just failed to catch anyone) and with Adrenaline, they could have been fully healed on a gen and therefore not needing the insta-heal. I know a lot of people feel Adrenaline comes in clutch and is very good. I think it's more mild when compared to DS, though still strong.
Did you quote the wrong person?
The level of self delusion you guys suffer from is sad. But not accepting NO as an answer won't change the outcome.
No. Billy has a permanent Super NOED the entire match. There will be future killers with 1 hit downs. There are others who can run addons to do it. The only killers that need NOED are the ones without and genuinely do need a 1 hit down ability.
I don't really think it's good design to have to rely on a perk to make up for the weakness in some of the cast. I think it's also different with Billy 'cause you often know when the one-down is coming and the turning often isn't perfect. Though I'm sure some who complain about NOED also complain about Billy. I've played with people who really didn't like Billy, but I like Billy. He's like vroom and whoosh and stuff.
That's my main problem with NOED actually.
If some killers need NOED, then buff them.
If gen rush is a problem, and it is, then do something about gen rush.
For me, NOED is one of the most boring perks in the entire game and I find it super boring to use Ruin or NOED every other game as a killer but I don't have any choice at the moment.
Do you feel it's been worse lately and what do you feel is the cause of it?
I can see the argument that NOED can get a killer a single kill when they shouldn't have killed anyone but if a killer manages to kill all 4 survivors because of NOED the survivors are just as bad if not worse.
Even with that in mind it's just a single kill. A lot of perks can change the outcome on whether or not a killer would get a kill and the same goes for survivor perks. A lot of perks determine whether or not a survivor escapes. It's really as simple as break totems I don't see how that's so difficult. Unless you really want to justify mindlessly plowing through all generators like there's any fun in that.
I would agree and say it definitely feels unfair to be the first person to go down to NOED because of the surprise but if there was no surprises this game would be boring. I would be down for some obvious indicator for those close enough to the killer to show they have NOED such as a subtle red glow around the killers weapon.
Bud believe it or not, I don't have a problem with NOED as a survivor. Detective's hunch is one of my main perks and I am pretty sure that I have prevented NOED getting activated in the last 30-40 matches (don't know if the killers used it or not, I just got rid of all the totems)
NOED just makes weak killers like trapper stronger and I don't want to rely on that perk. It alters the stats and gives us a false image of weak but balanced killers. That's my problem.
Because survivors just can't accept that it's their own fault for not breaking totems.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant with regards to what you were talking about and not NOED. I have hunches on what may be making it more difficult as of recent, but I would be assuming. I'm just curious on what others are experiencing from both Survivor and Killer perspectives. EDIT: Didn't the Trapper get a buff recently? Was it not enough?
NOED is not even a problem and doesnt even compare to DS.
I think these people who complain about NOED are in general in denial of reality - meaning: they think that they should be able to have everything their way and dont want to accept risk. Thats how some of them come across anyway by how they write on here..
If a killer strikes you down with NOED, then thats just the way that, that match has played out - you are not supposed to survive everytime.
And as the community managed posted:
"DS change happened, how about NOED changes?
We aren't planning to change NOED at the moment. We consider that NOED has multiple gameplay counters and is currently in a good place. We do not think of NOED as an equivalent to DS."
Greetz
It's not up to date, but whatever.
If survivors let NOED turn a 0k into a 4k they just played very bad and deserved to get 4k'ed. Simple as that.
That's a strawman. You don't remove what perks a killer has to deal with SWF to help solo players out. Those SWF aren't going to suddenly roll solo. They'll just exploit the new ease at the end game. Dangling carrots isn't going to fly. As I recall when SWF was introduced people stated how it would be exploited and the other side promised it wouldn't. It last for a week or so.
Calling Tru3 an ''average'' Survivor isn't fair in this comparison. I've seen Tru3 loop many killers for 5 Gens, sometimes the Killer has been doing so well throughout the match that when they finally do chase Tru3, they lose. So using Tru3 for this isn't the right way to go.
I think (as a survivor,) NOED, while annoying, is okay. Survivors can cleanse it throughout the match- it’s your fault if you don’t.
Some of the new totem spots make hunting so much harder, and since it isn’t bound until end game, you don’t really know for sure.
But, like I said- it’s balanced. With the upcoming DS changes, I think it’ll have a lot more attention toward it.
Because its a killer perk. Always good if you can get those nerfed further.
Why dont they offer a rework? Because they would only come up with ridiculous ideas and not real solutions, so they post nothign at all to avoid making themself ridiculous
I'd like to think the other survivors only played dumb because it was tru3 and they wanted their rescue on stream.
This! All of this!
Personally, I think there needs to be a massive perk overhaul. While I agree NOED is 100% able to be countered, sometimes you have to consider the survivors perspective. It's just not a fun perk to play against and even less fun when you lose against it. This is the same logic I hope a survivor uses when they try and defend DS. If you don't have to play against it (not with it), then you should really consider the other team's perspective. Is it fun? No. Rework.
I do not use NOED. I feel by putting NOED on I am planning for failure. I just don't like that mindset. I'd rather benefit from a perk all game, like Enduring, than to have a perk for 5 seconds. It's just not a fun perk for me to use. Same with Ruin. It's complete garbage perk but almost necessary to use. It's not fun in the slightest to use. Same with DS, same with many other perks. That's why I believe a lot of these perks need a complete overhaul and rework.
because after you played VERY BAD (mostly the case) you get a 3/4 K
dafuq man
and dont start with: you can cleanse
no stop this, same bs like the ds crap like "you can dribble, use enduring, use unnerfing, you can avoid"
this perk needs a whole rework in his function
it could affect killer action speed, movement speed, hooking speed, so many thingsw to make killer deadly in the end
but this free oneshot?
I consider NoEd a insurance policy. I consider myself a very good Trapper player (I consistently 3-4k with him on a daily basis). But if I don't run Ruin, I WILL run NoEd. There are occasions where I run neither Ruin or NoEd and I still 3-4k on Rank 1, but still.
From a survivor standpoint I can understand why NoEd can be seen as something for bad killers, but then again I am playing Solo more often and I have prevented NoEd more times then I can count. So it might be that I have ascended or something. Of course many of you might consider my arguments invalid because I am not a survivor main I guess.
I've stated in my first paragraph but allow me to reiterate. As a killer I don't care if I run NoEd or not. However, I will run it if:
I am dared to
I am not running Ruin
I am bored
I am playing someone who needs the speed boost.
Otherwise, it's all fair game on either side.
Vs swf is a ok/low tier perks (with comunication , is much more easy cleanse 5 totem on the map).
I read proposal of put in the game a "totem counter" (in pause menu, like now the offering) and killer main reacted like a fanatic religious.
This game need nerf vs SWF and BUFF to Solo survivor.
NOED is a handicap only for solo.
Delete it.
I used to but now I see that it's not even bad. But I uses to want it nerved because of the movement speed increased.
I personally just want love for solo survivors and some specific nerfs for SWF. I think after that dbd is most balanced than ever before
@HatCreature The main primary objective for survivors is to rush generator repairs. By rushing generators and completing them as fast as they are able the reduce the odds of being caught during the trial as most people assume that once the gens are powered the match is essentially over.
People ask for NOED to be nerfed as it is the only real counter to gen rushing. Once survivors finish all of the generators and open the doors they essentially run the trial now. NOED changes this. NOED punishes survivors for doing their objective (repairing generators). Due to the wording there "punished x for doing their objective" that is why people see it as being similar to Decisive Strike.
Decisive Strike
Punishes the killer for winning a chase.
No One Escapes Death
Punishes survivors for doing their objective.
I personally don't believe that NOED needs a nerf as I think that it is a good perk that levels the playing field once the gates are powered.
Just corrected your sentence mate
Because if there is anything that allows a survivor to be hooked, it needs to be nerfed. If they had it their way, the killer would literally only be able to walk from the start spawn to the gate, then forced to sit there for teabagging once the gates are open.
I see both sides of the NOED argument. At high ranks, it punishes gen rushers. In the green/yellow ranks it is a crutch for a bad killer - and can hinder learning how to play killer effectively. Face Camp+NOED equals 2-4 kills easily in those ranks.
Easy Fix:
Nobody Escapes Death should freeze all forms of escape while it is active. No door, nor hatch can open while the totem exists. Not even a key can open the hatch if NOED kicks in. This forces the survivors to find the totem before getting any progress on the gates. There is no insta-down. The killer still needs to find, chase, and down survivors normally, but has extra time to do it in. Keep the speed boost.
This still punishes the gen-rush and adds time to the game, but does not reward a bad killer with instant downs and easy hooks.
I don't use NOED but it's solely just Survivor entitlement.