People saying the new killer is extremely bad, is it truth?

I personally haven't had the chance to play the judgement but i have cheeked youtube to see what new with the killer and o boy is not looking good

so is a killer with low mobility without having some sort of mobility, and a projectile killer with worse projectile than the huntress and also has a interactable power system that actually buff survivors more than just hooking them and does not work with perks

his learning curve is insanely high and it only works against players with less than 50 hours playing the game, and his kit is so easy to counter that if you go against the judgement once you already know how to play against it, also being extremely loud, visible and slow there's no way you can play it in any other way than camping a 3 gen, probably when it gets released it will change naturally but if it gets released with his kit being so undertunned the devs will just confirm their survivor inclinations and rejection to killers, to be fair making that the punish to tbag is just there foreshadowing how bad the killer will perform in matches is actually funny and truth

link at one of the videos in reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi0t8KeoUCE

Comments

  • it's gonna be the opposite; I feel this killer is like Unknown people are trying too hard to make them into something they are not. When Unknown came out too many people were wired to go for direct hits.

    People are gonna hate the Judgment because being hit while not actively being chased will be seen as a violation. Think of all the ego chasers who want attention being denied all that and only being hit when it's convenient for the Judgment

  • No, she's not bad at all. She's just going to be very niche and hard to master, but unstoppable with people who devote themselves to her.

    Unless they overbuff her, of course, which is very possible.

  • This killer is going to be very difficult to play - kind of like Nurse, but maybe even more difficult. But a very high skills ceiling means that like Nurse, could be very oppressive in the hands of an expert player. I think she’ll be especially oppressive on builds dedicated to hexes and totem defense. This will be extremely annoying as survivor to go against, especially if you’re not able to coordinate on comms with your teammates.

  • The killer is good, the problem is the people who play her being bad.

  • Judgement is very niche. She's got a good chase power and very alright map pressure if the survivors choose to not do gens. I see maybe low A tier at best, but I would probably place it around mid B at least last I felt like it was in the PTB. Problem is that it's just pyramid with a bit more range and a more reliable way torment someone or in other words a side grade.

  • Yes, extremely bad. Until their not and everyone complains how broken they are.

  • I won't know until I spend my 9000 shards and try them out myself. I didn't play the PTB.

    I don't have high expectations. I might just get my adept and go back to playing Billy and Legion.

  • So just because someone made a video and put it on youtube doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. I went into the video with an open mind but between him only playing 5 games with her and saying the new survivor perks are "busted" it became clear this video was made cuz rent is due not because they wanted to make a well thought out video on the new killer.

    I have probably 20-25 games on the new killer against real players (yes I did actually sit in queue that long for multiple days) and here are my thoughts. I believe she is at least high A tier if not S tier (probably can't actually put her S cuz her close up game is actually not great) because she has some of the greatest macro pressure in the game. The problem is Judgement is extremely aura dependent so build variety is a challenge cuz if you try to branch out you're gonna be guessing a lot more but if you have the auras you can pressure anyone anytime you see them. Furthermore no other killer can rack up multiple health states as fast as Judgement can, discordance and nurses's calling is terrifying on her for this reason.

    Now to address the video directly he has a few things wrong. You don't wanna sit in the middle of the map because 60 meters doesn't quite reach every gen from the middle so you do want to be moving around fishing for hits as you patrol. Now he makes a point of you can see the beam so it's easy to dodge which can be true however that's only if you're firing in a straight line, you can absolutely make survivors think you're firing at one gen and then fake them out and fire at a different nearby one. You can also hide the beam behind buildings and indoor maps forget it it's not all that visible on those. I think he's also underestimating how fast the beam is once it reaches max speed it's one of the many reasons trying to spawn the beam on the survivor is bad because it takes a second for it to actually get going.

    As for her chase potential, it's bad but still workable. I think the 180 flicks are kinda meme tbh, I mean if a person can hit them cool but there's always gonna be a little bit of luck involved with that no matter what because you have to physically stop looking at the survivor to do it and then somehow readjust in a split second and fire. Possible? Sure but that's not gonna be your bread and butter in loops it just isn't. However you do have other options, you can fake the power and if they don't expect it they may run into you to avoid the beam but as soon as you recover, (it's not that long if you don't fire) you can m1 and if you're not right on a pallet you'll probably get the hit. However the stronger option imo is to stay a bit back and try to hit short range perpendicular shots. It's not easy but if you practice it's a lot more consistent than flicking because you don't have to take your eyes off the survivor and trying to run from you and dodge a beam coming from the side can be very awkward for the survivor.

    A brief word on exile, nothing forces you to exile multiple people at once. You can exile one and hook another and only helps your pressure. If you really wanna keep your zealous up you can also exile one and just guard a slug while firing beams while you wait for them to rescue one then once they save you can exile the other. As for the extra protections in exile it's not a big deal, you really only care about the endurance and one you hit them it doesn't matter how long the endurance actually was once it's gone it's gone and also it's never usually gonna last the full duration cuz if it does it means they're not touching a gen or doing anything useful so you're still winning. Not to mention the trade off of being way faster than hooking and not having to worry about flashlights ever makes it well worth it.

    I'm not claiming to be an expert on the killer, nobody is and we don't even know if they'll be any changes to the live version. But I'm willing to bet I have more time on her than 95% players and I'm very confident Judgement is a strong killer if you put the time in. It's fine if that person doesn't like the killer she is gonna be very niche but I don't think they had a good understanding of her at all.

  • The Killer is like a mouse with a Nuke…

    Extremly powerful if the mouse manages to accidentally sit on the red button for to long it could go off

    If the mouse doesn´t the Killer is kinda harmless.

  • Judgement is the new Nurse. Hard to master, unstoppable if you do. For those who want skill to trump all, she's the next big challenge. If people want easy wins, she's likely not the pick.

  • I think the killer has a high learning curve and has a high skill floor, comparable to unknown or pinhead for example.

    But the power goes through walls and pallets, has no range requirement and no clear counterplay beyond obstructing the own position.

    A clear case of a killer with no counterplay that is very weak, but also very strong in the right hands but easily countered.🫠

  • This is the very first time I’ve heard this claim.

    The consensus is that she (?) is possibly our single-most difficult killer to play. FWIW, I kinda hope she stays that way.

  • @bobateo said:

    Judgement is the new Nurse. Hard to master, unstoppable if you do. For those who want skill to trump all, she's the next big challenge. If people want easy wins, she's likely not the pick.

    I would not compare Judgment to Nurse. Nurses difficulty is really exaggerated, she is not that hard to play and it does not take that long to learn her. And if you did, you will most likely win almost all of your games, even if you did not fully master her.

    Judgment on the other side looks far more difficult to learn. And the payoff will probably be a bit less than Nurse, IMO Top 5 Killer is very likely, but I dont think Judgment is compareable to Nurse.

    But I agree with the last part, if someone wants easy wins, they will be frustrated about Judgment. And it will also not really be possible to make her easier to play without severe Nerfs.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Most judgment players will run feather and kneel add ons to make her simple to play. Overall I'd say that she has potential to be top 1 killer and that she is hard to play? Well Nurse is as well and people spent time learning her. Hear me out. She will be spot 1 in S tier once people get used to her.