Seeing someone I remember being a cheater or super high ping and.. that's about it. And by "super high" I mean the matchmaker clearly having a moment and misplacing me by a continent, swear sometimes "cursed lobbies" where EVERYONE has 150ms+ show up and I don't blame anyone for dodging those.
I don't dodge, because lobbyshopping is a blight on the game, but I won't lie that queuing into quad toolbox as killer makes dodging super tempting. I know it's just going to be a mega-stressful pre-run & genrush game where I don't have one second to think. Kind of game where you can lose a gen before you've even found a survivor if you're unlucky. (This is not a commentary on the strength of toolboxes or genrushing. I much prefer playing around strong chase perks or bully squads than I do BNP + skillcheck spam.)
On survivor I don't think there's anything in particular that makes me dodge. I roll my eyes when I see certain things, such as three people with names about Wesker and the various things they'd like to partake in with him. I just know I'm in for a clownshow. Sometimes it can be funny but sometimes I'm getting bagged on hook for being the random.
As an experienced player with multiple thousand hours, getting matched with brand new players, which happens all the time. I know that this can happen with lobby backfills, and I have seen that happen, but most of the time it’s not a backfill lobby. It’s just the non-functional matchmaking system that BHVR will probably never fix.
I know I'm probably going to get downvoted for this but there are just a couple characters I avoid. It's not because I hate their mains or anything like that, it's not even a reason in relation to DBD. I just feel less comfortable around them because of some stuff from my past, and I dodge some lobbies just so I can feel comfortable playing the game, so honestly I've been glad I've had the ability to. I don't think anyone else really dodges for the same reasons at me, but personally I don't mind too much even when it takes a couple extra minutes to get into a game, although I guess that's just me. I'm hoping to be able to move on from that uncomfortable feeling so I don't have to worry about that, but otherwise there's no other reason I would dodge a lobby, whether it's names, hours (I don't even check profiles anymore), items, platform, etc.
I dodge if I have to join a lobby with the same player(s) who kept throwing themselves at the Killer for a blind and didn't want to do anything else. I learned from that mistake twice.
I never dodge. I rarely even look at the players. Took me half a match in Lights Out to realize that i play against a comp player. So i never even read his name.
I don't dodge, because lobbyshopping is a blight on the game, but I won't lie that queuing into quad toolbox as killer makes dodging super tempting. I know it's just going to be a mega-stressful pre-run & genrush game where I don't have one second to think. Kind of game where you can lose a gen before you've even found a survivor if you're unlucky. (This is not a commentary on the strength of toolboxes or genrushing. I much prefer playing around strong chase perks or bully squads than I do BNP + skillcheck spam.)
On survivor I don't think there's anything in particular that makes me dodge. I roll my eyes when I see certain things, such as three people with names about Wesker and the various things they'd like to partake in with him. I just know I'm in for a clownshow. Sometimes it can be funny but sometimes I'm getting bagged on hook for being the random.
Alas gone are the days of names such as "AceG@m3R 43" now its "Hex: TigBitties" 😅
But i never dodge a lobby unless its a known cheater which for me is rare honestly.
I'll dodge a lobby if I see a teammate with default cosmetics. Or if all three teammates are carrying flashlights. (I'll stay if it's just one or two flashlights.)
Or I'll back out if I notice that I have really high ping, because that usually means I'll be rubber-banding like crazy and that'll make the match unplayable, or even worse, get DC'd mid-match.
The only time I have ever dodged a lobby is when someone had a discord link as their name and that's 100% a cheater, I literally had a few matches ago a different person with discord link and they were blatantly cheating by completing all of the gens instantly, so always dodge people with discord link as their username.
The only time i've ever left a lobby is if theres a player in the lobby i've played with before that i know will definitely cause problems again. Otherwise I could see a full ttv squad with flashlights on killer and i still won't even put on lightborn lol i've seen too much in this game for anything to bother me at first glance.
Might get yelled at for this, but in solo queue I will basically always dodge any lobby that either has 3 flashlights, or 2+ people not bringing any items at all. There might be a few exceptions now and then, but I basically always regret giving these lobbies a chance when I make the mistake of doing so.
If I just played them, I've had instances where I finished a match, queued and got the same team again. Doesn't happen often but it is boring to face the exact same players again
I rarely if ever dodge a lobby. If I do, it’s generally due to the fact that I need to run to the restroom 🚽 quickly and don’t want my game to start without me so I leave queue. 😅
I almost never dodge. Only seeing a known cheater, an easily identifiable cheater (i.e. Legacy cosmetics on a new Steam profile), awful usernames, awful stuff in the chat or an urgent IRL problem makes me dodge a lobby.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Seeing someone I remember being a cheater or super high ping and.. that's about it. And by "super high" I mean the matchmaker clearly having a moment and misplacing me by a continent, swear sometimes "cursed lobbies" where EVERYONE has 150ms+ show up and I don't blame anyone for dodging those.
I don't dodge, because lobbyshopping is a blight on the game, but I won't lie that queuing into quad toolbox as killer makes dodging super tempting. I know it's just going to be a mega-stressful pre-run & genrush game where I don't have one second to think. Kind of game where you can lose a gen before you've even found a survivor if you're unlucky. (This is not a commentary on the strength of toolboxes or genrushing. I much prefer playing around strong chase perks or bully squads than I do BNP + skillcheck spam.)
On survivor I don't think there's anything in particular that makes me dodge. I roll my eyes when I see certain things, such as three people with names about Wesker and the various things they'd like to partake in with him. I just know I'm in for a clownshow. Sometimes it can be funny but sometimes I'm getting bagged on hook for being the random.
Never dodge I don't care what others are bringing or doing. Does not effect me at all.
As an experienced player with multiple thousand hours, getting matched with brand new players, which happens all the time. I know that this can happen with lobby backfills, and I have seen that happen, but most of the time it’s not a backfill lobby. It’s just the non-functional matchmaking system that BHVR will probably never fix.
I know I'm probably going to get downvoted for this but there are just a couple characters I avoid. It's not because I hate their mains or anything like that, it's not even a reason in relation to DBD. I just feel less comfortable around them because of some stuff from my past, and I dodge some lobbies just so I can feel comfortable playing the game, so honestly I've been glad I've had the ability to. I don't think anyone else really dodges for the same reasons at me, but personally I don't mind too much even when it takes a couple extra minutes to get into a game, although I guess that's just me. I'm hoping to be able to move on from that uncomfortable feeling so I don't have to worry about that, but otherwise there's no other reason I would dodge a lobby, whether it's names, hours (I don't even check profiles anymore), items, platform, etc.
I dodge if I have to join a lobby with the same player(s) who kept throwing themselves at the Killer for a blind and didn't want to do anything else. I learned from that mistake twice.
You know i play that lobby with default meg, naked ace and the obligatory sable
I never dodge. I rarely even look at the players. Took me half a match in Lights Out to realize that i play against a comp player. So i never even read his name.
Alas gone are the days of names such as "AceG@m3R 43" now its "Hex: TigBitties" 😅
But i never dodge a lobby unless its a known cheater which for me is rare honestly.
I'll dodge a lobby if I see a teammate with default cosmetics. Or if all three teammates are carrying flashlights. (I'll stay if it's just one or two flashlights.)
Or I'll back out if I notice that I have really high ping, because that usually means I'll be rubber-banding like crazy and that'll make the match unplayable, or even worse, get DC'd mid-match.
The only time I have ever dodged a lobby is when someone had a discord link as their name and that's 100% a cheater, I literally had a few matches ago a different person with discord link and they were blatantly cheating by completing all of the gens instantly, so always dodge people with discord link as their username.
The only time i've ever left a lobby is if theres a player in the lobby i've played with before that i know will definitely cause problems again. Otherwise I could see a full ttv squad with flashlights on killer and i still won't even put on lightborn lol i've seen too much in this game for anything to bother me at first glance.
I dodge obvious 4-mans. I play this game for fun, not like it's my job, and no, I'm not going to be part of your sweaty YT highlights.
I don't remember the last time I dodged a lobby.
If I see someone with like 5 hours I'll make it my mission to protect them or give them hatch.
Might get yelled at for this, but in solo queue I will basically always dodge any lobby that either has 3 flashlights, or 2+ people not bringing any items at all. There might be a few exceptions now and then, but I basically always regret giving these lobbies a chance when I make the mistake of doing so.
When the lobby is bugged in which only three survivors join and a fourth never enters.
A flock of Laras will get me to dip like a potato chip.
If I just played them, I've had instances where I finished a match, queued and got the same team again. Doesn't happen often but it is boring to face the exact same players again
I don't dodge.
I rarely if ever dodge a lobby. If I do, it’s generally due to the fact that I need to run to the restroom 🚽 quickly and don’t want my game to start without me so I leave queue. 😅
I almost never dodge. Only seeing a known cheater, an easily identifiable cheater (i.e. Legacy cosmetics on a new Steam profile), awful usernames, awful stuff in the chat or an urgent IRL problem makes me dodge a lobby.
steve harrington
I only dodge if its a cheater.
I will play any match given to me. Mama aint raise a quitter.