Please never bring light out back ever again
please use resources on something else 🙏 3rd person killer or something 🙏
please use resources on something else 🙏 3rd person killer or something 🙏
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Its honestly the first time id rather go into normal que rather than whatever other mode is playing. Can't stand it for more that 1-2 rounds. I even got full anticamp bar and unhooked myself 4 rounds in a row.
Keep in mind that something like "3rd person view killer mode" wouldn't really work unless they ALSO had something new for survivors too. If the mode is just default gameplay for 1 side, there's no reason for that side to join the event queue.
3rd Person POV would be really neat for killer as a game mode.
Lights out is not meant to be taken seriously/ competitively. It's just a fun deviation from the regular queue. It's ok to have variety
It'd be good if they just got rid of killers whose abilities totally negates the whole point of the mode.
This. As much as I want everyone in, certain killers NEED to not be able to cheep it before they join.
Yeah like, killer instinct in a normal match? Fine. In a game where the whole point is that free info is not supposed to be there it's bad.
100% agree. This game mode is terrible and hope it never comes back. I understand that there are some who enjoy it. I just don’t know what % of players actually like it. Based on community feedback, it seems fairly low.
I suspect inverted perspective (3rd Person killer, first Person Survivor) is going to suck for survivor as well.
Great horror atmosphere, but a balance nightmare.
didn’t survivors just have the most unbalanced event in dbd history with invincible teleportation and unbreakable pallets? Whilst the only thing killers got was a one button ability?
I feel like the idea itself is good but it won't really see improvements until BHVR rebuilds the game. I can imagine a version of the gamemode existing alongside the dynamic weather system where daylight changes over periods of time. As it stands now I can't imagine it improving. I admit I do enjoy the gamemode and the idea of it but as a whole I feel lights out can't really improve until everything around not related to the gamemode improves.
What I'd like to see is a version of this gamemode where there is power outages and the sky darkens periodically giving similar effects it has now. That way it's not overbearing but a random event that happens in game.
Im not talking balance. You cant have a gamemode where only 1 side has anything different because then the other side has 0 reason to even queue up.
I dunno. As a Killer I hated this lights out. Couldn't stomach it. Felt like I was in the dark but lanterns guided survs consistently. No scratches to chase, loss of data on base kits. Just felt bad, rather than fun, when surv's were sabo'ing me out after taking that long to get a chase complete. Unless I picked a killer to abuse the situation, which… also, no, that's just the same problem in reverse.
I'd be happy to see Lights Out skipped if it's going to go this route.
Why though? The regular queue is still perfectly playable during Lights Out. If it's not your cup of tea, then you can just skip it and play the normal game for a week until it's over.
Not every modifier or event is going to resonate with everyone, but that doesn't mean it should be permanently scrapped. Some of us enjoy it for what it is.
Agreed. This lazy ass game mode can kick rocks
It is interesting how the Killer focused game mode is their most popular 2v8 but they as a company are survivor biased due to skin sales.
Lights out queue times are fine and it's already developed, why should they bin a mode that people are having fun with??? not every mode needs to be for everything.
They can keep it as long as related quests can be done in normal 1v4.
Some people seem to have fun in this game mode - which is actually completely beyond me. I think I played like 3 or 4 games before avoiding it.
But bringing it back in 2031 would be completely fine. Not earlier tho.
I think it's fine to come back every now and then but only for a week and no more. It's good for a few jump scares but I feel like there's not much else to it.
I did enjoy this version as Survivor a little bit more than previous iterations but I do think maybe the balance has swung a little too far in the Survivor's favour with the lanterns. It's a hard mode to balance, though (probably harder than any other mode). Only Killers with some kind of tracking or instadown ability have a good time on the Killer side and SWFs have the most fun on the Survivor side (for obvious reasons). That said, I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously at all.
I've enjoyed yoinking Survivors off gens like I used to be able to do with old Myers as a beginner player, so it's scratched that itch for me at least. I still don't think the mode is really for me, though. One afternoon of games was enough and I usually play the heck out of an event if I really enjoy it.
lol, play dracula (dark lord), 2 of his 3 forms are in 3rd POV
its just get tunneled and camped simulator actually, its just a concentration of things that already suck about the game with the added bonus of no information…
They would need to make Chucky 1st person in that mode