Tried lights out for the first time. And damn it sucks.
Like does anybody actually enjoy this game mode? Chaos shuffle and 2v8 definitely both have their issues but at least they are enjoyable.
Killer or surv lights out is not particularly fun for either side. Killers have a nightmare tracking survs down and gens absolutely fly. And survs put themselves at huge amounts of risk by just trying to do gens. And honestly who thought basekit franklins would make the game more fun.
Every game has the same pattern. Either killer absolutely claps survs who can't spot them and don't know tiles well enough. Or you get a couple of survs who know the maps like the back of their hand and one long chase loses killers 1/2 gens.
I gave it a try and had 7 awful pretty unfun games on both roles. If this game mode never returns I'm not going to have a problem with that.
Comments
As killer it's fun, but i don't really see the appeal as survivor except for a few games.
I had fun as Demo. The monstrous killers like Dredge and Demo are made for it.
It's a fun, unbalanced version of the game that retains its horror. It's a party mode that I very much appreciate and wish the community didn't drive away in favor of the constant zero-depth instant dopamine 2v8.
I played it once the first time it came out and hated it. Iโd be fine if it never came back again.
killer feels like a humiliation ritual and survivor feel boring as hell with how fast the gens are done.
how does it retain the horror it less scary then normal 1v4. the killer feels like a joke alot of the time because so many killer first are addon dependnt so if i play into one of them its alot easier and with windows and 0 scratch marks i can get away so easily. the mode is just not scary more just boring.
It should just be an option in customs for friends to goof around in without mass lowering their gamma to recreate it.
It's come to be my favourite modifier.
I've had a lot of fun with it this time around. There's some rough edges and choices I don't agree with, but the concept is appealing enough to me that I can overlook it.
I understand it's not a fan favourite like 2v8, but I'm really hoping all the criticism doesn't lead to them axing it completely. Would it really be so bad if they brought it back just for one week each summer? It's not particularly destructive on queues or anything like so it can easily be skipped if it's not your cup of tea.
There's a reason we haven't seen it in a couple years lol I find it easier to play as killer (in general, following the pools of blood and listening for sounds is enough on most of the maps for tracking purposes) but it's by far my least favourite mode. Great for getting the Rift grab quest completed at any rate.
This is exactly what I did. I got on alright as demo, and the only redeeming feature of this game mode was I did enjoy jumpscaring ppl on gens with shreds. But I can do that in pub games with stealth perks anyway. The rest of it felt like a slog and extended chases were just irritating.
I wouldn't mind it being an occasional event. But i probably wouldn't play it. And it definitely isn't affecting queues too badly because not many people are playing it. Which also makes the queue times for lights out really short. My surv queue times on the europe servers were like 1 min and killer got a lobby basically instantly
I like it conceptually but on a practical level there's a lot to be desired which is a shame because dark maps look great. Hell killers like Springtrap would be awesome on that mode because there's an actual use case for the door cameras but why would you when it's just easier to smash your head against a gen and do it in like 40 seconds?
Would be fun untill they gave survivors 20% boost for repair speed which means coordinated swf on coms or very good loopers that have WOO with lantern can slow you enough to do all gens easily or in swf case reset heals which is big deal too in this mode unless you run bubba,mayers,legion.
Against solo its sometimes easy or bit challanging depending on skill level of survivors but I had like almost half of my games 3-4 mans running base blendette on coms and let me tell gens get done fast even when you do quite well as killer. Bare in mind gens take 72 seconds istead of 90 and two survivors doing gen get it can get it I believe under 53 seconds which is like on normal speed without gen speed buff of 20%.
So gens will fly and tunneling isnt option because unhooks get 60 seconds of endurence even when gates are powered aka endgame they keep it there too. Only going for two survivors to get them quickly out (becuase one pushed right from hook is more protected you need a little bit spread targets) or slug is option and thats not that fun too. Im hooking when I can and slug in rare occasions but the games are hard and you need to play killer who isnt bad in this mode in first place.
Not to mention why are survivors in lights out mode seeing things like gates auras even after they arent showed for these 10 seconds? Another exsample of devs having good intentions but cooking too much that it got overcooked, as I say their speciality when something needs small nerf or buff they always choose the extream of going big or none.
Love how these unknown heroes downvote you for but you are absolutely righ.
Single survivor does gen in around 72-75 seconds depending on hitting greats and two get it around 44 seconds.
Now tell me its not fast compare to 90 for one on single gen and 44 for two on single gen thats a big gen pregress not to mention you would need to be compleatly deaf to miss a gen.
This mode as again swf sided as always.
BHVR is way too inconsistent with what information they decide to let into the game mode. I feel like things such as killer instinct and killers that get information easily like Doctor, Legion, and Jason ruin the point of lights out mode.
I know I'm an odd ball on this topic, but I have had so much fun in both roles this time around.
When lights out first came out, it was miserable and I complained as survivor moreso about just not knowing at all where I was on the map way more than anything else. This time, I'm so familiar with the maps that I put the lantern down as soon as I spawn in and never use it again (basekit Windows defeats the point of the mode for me). I haven't had issue at all looping, though I've been grabbed off the gen here and there, but for me it's fun to have the scare factor.
I was not playing killer first time around, but this time just haven't experienced the problems others have had and I wish I understood why. Yeah, very occasionally I'll lose a super easy chase because I just simply lost visual after first hit, but it hasn't happened often and hasn't lost me any game yet I was playing seriously at (important distinction for the next point I make). Gens are fast, but maintaining a 3 gen once you've lost 2 or 3 hasn't been an issue with literally not a single killer I've played yet: both Vecna, Dracula, Unknown, Xeno, Artist, Blight, Deathslinger, Oni, Demo, Legion, Spirit, Bubba, Huntress, Billy, and Trapper.
For me though, when I'm not trying to 4k, what I've enjoyed more is just simply jumpscaring. I have not laughed nearly as much in this game as I have this week just standing barely in view and seeing survivors finally see me and scatter, or popping around a corner and seeing them fear crouch and nearly trip over themselves.
Again, I know I'm in the minority on this, but I hope it isn't fully scraped becuase of the hate ๐๏ธ๐๏ธ
I understand it's not a fan favourite like 2v8, but I'm really hoping all the criticism doesn't lead to them axing it completely. Would it really be so bad if they brought it back just for one week each summer?That's going to be more a BHVR 'how many people are actually playing it' evaluation than any of our opinions. If people are playing, it doesn't really matter what we say.
Yup. If it was based on complaints we'd never see 2v8 again lol