But but teh surviv0rz R tbagging me at da gatEz
So recently I've noticed a HUGE increase in the amount of toxic killers. They taunt the survivor letting them crawl towards the hatch then oick them up at the last second.
Or they walk towards the hatch with them then they switch to a hook at the last second.
It's amazing how petty some people can be. How they need to gloat when they get the win. This is on the same level as survivors tbagging at the gate.
Both sides really are just as bad. I dont think killers have the right to play victim anymore.
Anyone else noticed a huge increase in killer toxicity? Just nodding at people on the hook or hitting them etc?
Or they walk towards the hatch with them then they switch to a hook at the last second.
It's amazing how petty some people can be. How they need to gloat when they get the win. This is on the same level as survivors tbagging at the gate.
Both sides really are just as bad. I dont think killers have the right to play victim anymore.
Anyone else noticed a huge increase in killer toxicity? Just nodding at people on the hook or hitting them etc?
Tagged:
Community Manager
Comments
Its the cycle of toxicity my friend, its kinda like the water cycle...except replace water with toxicity.
Oh wait, that's considered toxic?
When i down someone, i still want the hook as well, so if the hatch is too far or unknown to me, i'll just hook.
But i like showing them where the Hatch was to inform them of a possible location.
I guess i won't do it to you then.
I tended to side with killers in regards to toxicity but I've lost all sympathy for them now.
Get this - I had one huntress who picked me up near the hatch. Dropped me in front of it but not near enough to enter. Shakes her head at me. Picks me up and then hooks me.
They claimed post game that they were going to give it to me but "you wiggled".
Like how the hell was I meant to know that? If the killers trying to hook me of course im going to wiggle. I think that was just an excuse. Doesnt help that this was the game where we had a disconnect in 5 seconds (crash im guessing) and a second player disconnected the first time they went down. Yet we play on and I get taunted for it. There are some real garbage people in this community.
Hey! if you were a dick with me all match long dont expect me to give you the hatch.
I mean im fine with them hooking me but they dont need to taunt me for it.
No, i don't get salt actually.
I've noticed Killers being incredibly toxic, consistently, once the Moonrise Event started and that attitude hasn't left since the end of it either.
what can ya do about it tho lol
The equivalent of tbag is hit the survivor in the hook.
?????
Because Dead by Daylight.
In the probably fifteen hundred hours minimum I've put into the game on Xbox and as someone who hits rank one on both sides routinely, the main difference I have found is your typical survivor is infinitely more likely to be a salty or cocky little douche after a match.
The amount of times I've been messaged as a killer from someone either butt hurt that they lost, or being a toxic little **** about escaping, is countless. At the same time, I rarely, rarely ever get a message from a killer about anything negative, or any kind of gloating. 99% of the time it's just a "gg", and the rest of the time it's a killer who has "beef" with me.
And that's just after the game. In game, yikes. Pointing after vaults. Teabagging at pallets. Teabagging at exits. What's the killer alternative here... shaking their head at the hook? Again, very rare.
My preset is always neutral but if my opponent is toxic/respectful I treat him the same (but with limits, I don't harass in post chat)
Honestly just don't be toxic even to those who DO deserve it. Why?
Because everyone thinks they are in the right, always. No one is thinking "I'm going to tbag to be a dick", rather they are thinking "I'm going to tbag because it is funny", which isn't something to get mad at.
Using an ebony mori? Not toxic, they are just playing to win and I shouldn't blame them for OP items
Same for a decisive strike.
Flashlight spam? What? Am I supposed to expect them NOT to use their items optimally?
ect ect ect
Bad sportsmanship sucks, and it's 4 times more likely to happen on Survivor because there are 4 times as many Survivors than Killers in the match.
It's also less likely to happen on Killer because, speaking from my own experience here I feel bad for killing my Survivor brethren that I was just working alongside a couple of matches ago and empathize with their plight.
Thats pretty much what I think it boils down to.
Actually, the event had a lot of killers playing survivor, so it left a higher percentage of those toxic killers out there. I noticed a huge uptick in toxicity from killers during the event. It is starting to taper back off. As killer, I am noticing the survivor toxicity returning to its normal elevated levels as well.
Sad, that is the closest to balance we will ever get.
Fun until the killer does it?
They were gonna snap some time.
This is pretty stupid. Killers playing "victim" has nothing to do with survivors being more toxic whatsoever. It has to do with a power imbalance. "Playing" also insinuates it's not true..it is.
Yes, and also I don't know if It's just me but I have a lot of killers DC'ing when they got gen rushed, dodging lobbies with SWF's, tunneling people and me for no reason no matter if they see other survivors or bitching in post game chat or accusing me for going "SWF" when I play solo. I think it's a thing of rank reset days.
DCing when genrushed? Same as DCing when being tunneled
Lobby dodging swf? Same as dodging to play with their friends
Tunneling for no reason? Same as genrush in for no reason
I did not notice such a thing. Sure, there are some killers that nod but that's it for the most part. When I watch my fellow random teammates, I see a lot more people tbagging the killer, not leaving the match etc.
What's the point of this thread?
Looks like you're just fishing for attention with your latest threads: Useless and biased.
No, I did not notice a huge increase in Killer toxicity but I noticed a lot more DS, flashlight triggering and teabagging Survivors recently.
What now?
We might have more in common then we thought. I was broken by a SWF that genrushed me as Nurse somewhere in my 670th hour. It wasn't even so long ago I even made a post about it because I felt bad but I got over it.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/40456/i-feel-disgustingly-toxic-is-this-toxic/p1
Now I don't feel bad, I play as I want. I will tunnel if they run into me, I will look around the hook if I see nobody with BBQ and hear footsteps when I'm walking around to the hook. I just do as I please as killer.
I still farm if it's a 2 man though. That never changes.
If the survivor even BMed me, then they will bleed out on the floor.
The only chance I will intentionally give someone a free escape if someone tried to actually lose me during chase instead of mindlessly looping, didn't bm and had horrible mates or dcs
It's just that before it seemed like killers had the moral high ground however after recent experiences I'm not so sure.
I don't get why both sides can't just do their objective snd get it over with without needing to taunt the other side.
Killers were wondering that since 2016. Now that the game is somewhat balanced, they can finally strike back and return all the BS they had to go through and now the Survivors cry about toxic Killers?
You can't just bully someone over the course of months / years and when the tables slowly turn expect them to forget about it and play the morality card.
Yes, an extreme example but that's how it works. The damage is long done, what you see are just the results: A overall toxic community.
Is moonwalking in front of hook as Myers considered toxic because I do this a lot, I am normally to distracted to chase when they are unhooked xD
Total nonsense.
Victim card is just an excuse for being toxic.
I consider myself Survivor main, I spend 70% of my playtime as solo Survivor since several months now but I started to play this game in 2016 as Killer main. But that's not of relevance, certainly both sides can be toxic.
The thing is, as Killer you have to work for it, you have to achieve something in order to be able to be toxic. You need to win. As Survivor, you can just jump into the match and be toxic, nothing is required. You don't need to be good at the game. You just spam ctrl or m2, that's it.
Considering how easily accessible toxicity is for Survivors, it's also the prefered role to play for people that just want to be toxic. It's simply true. Look at OchiDo, No0b3, Jen and all the others. Add SWF mob mentality to that and you have another boost to toxicity and bully-potential.
How many Killer streamers do you know that make it their goal to annoy and upset Survivors? And how many communities exist that celebrate those streamers / playstyles?
I don't know any.
It's a logical conclusion if you analyze the basic game concept. Toxicity is easily accessible as Survivor. You can bring your friends when playing Survivor. That's the two main factors that lead to toxicity. You get the tools to be toxic (teabagging, flashlight triggering) and you get the mentality (SWF).
Result: Toxic players choose to play Survivor over Killer.
@PiiFree
In the past, I was believing that both sides should be equally toxic since we are all humans and one side can't be more toxic than the other naturally.
I think for the rank 15-20, it is still true but after that, you are right. Toxicity tools are readily available for the survivors and more toxic people start to accumulate on the survivor side.
One of things we can easily observe is the end game screen.
If survivors 'got upset', they stay in the after game chat and start to ######### talk to killers.
If killers 'got upset', they immediately leave the chat without saying anything.
It is not always like that but for the majority part, this is what happens.
This is why even though I am a survivor main, I agree with you. Survivors are more toxic than killers imo.
It means that your statement:
Is nonsese. Especially BECAUSE we're humans, one side can very easily be more toxic than the other.
People prefer to play a role based on their intention. If they want to be toxic, they are more likely to pick the role that allows them to be toxic more easily: Survivors. That doesn't mean all Survivors are toxic or no Killers are toxic, it just means that because it's a lot easier to be toxic as Survivor, toxic people prefer that role.
As for killers though, yeah if they lose badly they leave, but if they 4k they'll always stay around for the gloating and the "EZ". If they camped and noed to get 3 kills you can sure as hell bet they'll try to gloat and make fun of survivors too despite playing in a really ######### way.
Basically they only leave if they have nothing to say, otherwise they love to run their mouths and talk trash.
That's exactly what I said in my previous post. It's one of the reasons why Survivors tend to be more toxic than Killers.
Really? I honestly haven't see anything like that in literally months. Can you provide some evidence for that? Can you show screenshots of latest matches where this has happened to you?
Good, it is not meant that way xD
Implying that camping (or tunneling) is toxic? Camping is a Killer doing their objective: Getting kills (if we use the logic of Survivors that excuse gen rush and looping with "Survivors doing their objective").
In that case I consider looping and gen rushing toxic aswell and the result is: 90% of the Survivors are toxic, if that's what you want it to be like.
Camping is not compareable with teabagging, flashlight triggering or endgame chat insults. A camper is just a Killer that doesn't give a damn about Survivors fun. It's no different to the majority of the Survivors, they don't give a damn about the Killers fun.