Bad play BHVR (Massive cake rant)

About a week ago, I saw a leaked screenshot of the event cakes, where they were made Very Rare (purple) rarity instead of the usual common (brown) rarity. I thought to myself that this is going to piss off people a lot, and boy I was right.
Who made this decision in the first place? Did you not learn from last year, when you tried the same thing (or rather it was worse, since the cakes were wrongly marked as "Visceral"), and people absolutely flayed you for it. Fortunately, you listened then, and corrected the mistake.
We players are pretty tolerant about a lot of things, but OUR reward for spending countless of hours in the game should not be tampered with. Especially not when it comes to the 10th anniversary !!

So for the love of god BHVR, fix the cakes, and make them COMMON offerings again. Priced at 2000 BP.

torte.png

This is wrong!

terrormisu.png

This is correct

Comments

  • They tried making cakes "visceral" (ultra-rare) last year. That didn't turn out well, as we pretty much had the same discussion back then.

  • @wesker_shades said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4092983#Comment_4092983

    It feels like a kick in the groin to be brutally honest. Paired with all of the bugs that has shown up today. Bloodweb not working properly, event currency goes missing, unlocked items disappearing from inventory, and so on.

    This whole start of the event has been a nightmare.

    I take long breaks from DBD, I come back for 2v8 and events if they seem worth my time. Current state of this event doesn't feel like it's worth logging into the game.

  • @TurnOffTheTVs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4092948#Comment_4092948

    Killers do not get lots. I am getting nothing lmfao.

    Ur getting it on every page with P100… because it's P100. They made cake rarity into very rare, so you really only get them in later levels, which gets reset to nothing once you prestige.

    Well, right being P100 does help immensely. But Killers will get more due to the lack of event items to take up that 'slot' and that they are very rare. That was my point, but yes you are right also for sure.

    So, yeah I guess it's even worse for survivors that killers but still not great unless you are P100.

    Also they were very rare last year too and people had these same complaints. Good to know BHVR listened, eh?

    Actually, I think they said they don't want people to have thousands left when the event is over, so working as intended.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4092989#Comment_4092989

    I take long breaks from DBD, I come back for 2v8 and events if they seem worth my time. Current state of this event doesn't feel like it's worth logging into the game.

    While I play more regularly, I am willing to wait until this gets fixed.
    Hopefully it will be worth our time in the end.

  • This does NOT make me slap my belly…

    Hopefully they don't take too long to switch the rarity because I haven't the patience to save my bloodpoints these days. I'm half to my first p100 and I figured this event was going to launch me there… Oh well

    image.png
  • yeah idk why they decided to randomly change the cake rarity. Especially for arguably the most important anniversary this game is going have in its history. Don't know what was wrong with them being common rarity.

  • image.png

    My Leon after giving him only 17 prestigies on year 8.
    Look at how many cakes he have!

  • @BruceCampbell said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HSWOBR7UBBAL/image.png

    My Leon after giving him only 17 prestigies on year 8.
    Look at how many cakes he have!

    Those were good times.
    Year 7 and Year 8 were really good for cakes, and I managed to gather over 1200 cakes both years.

  • They've kept the same logic for p100 characters from last year.
    EVERY Bloodweb ALWAYS give one of each of the evt items (cake, flashlight, toolbox and medkit).

  • Yeah… I'll hold off on playing until this obvious oversight is remedied.

  • @wesker_shades said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093016#Comment_4093016

    Those were good times.
    Year 7 and Year 8 were really good for cakes, and I managed to gather over 1200 cakes both years.

    I've played like a maniac last year and got 2100 cakes on my already p100 Alucard.
    Now I see how I emphasized on "maniac".

  • This change was made last year too, actually. They said back then that yes, it's intended because they don't want you to have thousands left over after the event like previous years.

    Which, for other events where the items are locked to the event that makes sense, but for anniversary cakes that have always been able to be used all year round, that's BS.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    This change was made last year too, actually. They said back then that yes, it's intended because they don't want you to have thousands left over after the event like previous years.

    Which, for other events where the items are locked to the event that makes sense, but for anniversary cakes that have always been able to be used all year round, that's BS.

    Makes zero sense for event cakes as they are shareable, and usable all year long.
    Probably also a reason to avoid bulk spending as the logic prioritizes cheap items and offerings first. Since very rare items are 4000 BP instead of 2000, the logic will avoid the cakes.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    This change was made last year too, actually. They said back then that yes, it's intended because they don't want you to have thousands left over after the event like previous years.

    Which, for other events where the items are locked to the event that makes sense, but for anniversary cakes that have always been able to be used all year round, that's BS.

    They dont want us to have a easier grind after events???

    thats what i got from that statement

  • Why? Devs constantly said they're trying to reduce the grind then why do this?
    Anniversary is one time event, only event where you can get this offering.
    I saved 11 mil bloodpoints to check, spending them manually on 1 character gave me 120 cakes… Before that change you could get around 500-600 cakes for this amount of bps, plus to that you cannot get cakes from Mystery Box in the bloodweb anymore. Awful change, bring cakes back!

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    This change was made last year too, actually. They said back then that yes, it's intended because they don't want you to have thousands left over after the event like previous years.

    Which, for other events where the items are locked to the event that makes sense, but for anniversary cakes that have always been able to be used all year round, that's BS.

    My energy going back home now after work knowing what the event is like.

    1000015046.jpg
  • yeah my faith in this game is slowly vanishing

  • 10 Years Anniversary and such a bad event.

  • The rarity classifactions in general make no sense.

    Cakes were nerfed to very rare.

    Banquet medkits and flashlights are as good as uncommon medkits and flashlights but are classified rare.

    Toolbox is the only one that makes sense, its rare and as good as the commodious, also rare.

  • Kinda disappointing, I thought people were over exaggerating about the offerings being harder to find then I manually spent 3 prestiges and got 19 cakes. At least make them Rare or Uncommon if you don't want them to pop up 24/7 this is genuinely such a low amount compared to previous years.

    The cakes are the only reason why people play during the event and now people have less of a reason to play.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    The rarity classifactions in general make no sense.

    Cakes were nerfed to very rare.

    Banquet medkits and flashlights are as good as uncommon medkits and flashlights but are classified rare.

    Toolbox is the only one that makes sense, its rare and as good as the commodious, also rare.

    Terrible change that makes no sense, especially with "grind fight" statement :/

  • @Mag1cian said:

    Why? Devs constantly said they're trying to reduce the grind then why do this?
    Anniversary is one time event, only event where you can get this offering.
    I saved 11 mil bloodpoints to check, spending them manually on 1 character gave me 120 cakes… Before that change you could get around 500-600 cakes for this amount of bps, plus to that you cannot get cakes from Mystery Box in the bloodweb anymore. Awful change, bring cakes back!

    they say that they want it intended for us to not have as much after the events

  • @pidgeon said:

    Kinda disappointing, I thought people were over exaggerating about the offerings being harder to find then I manually spent 3 prestiges and got 19 cakes. At least make them Rare or Uncommon if you don't want them to pop up 24/7 this is genuinely such a low amount compared to previous years.

    The cakes are the only reason why people play during the event and now people have less of a reason to play.

    The primary reason for sure

  • Yeah I suppose less cakes equals more people playing.

  • judging by these comments it seems the other way lol

  • Someone on reddit said that Behavior is acting like they have to bake each cake individually.

    I still have my spreadsheet from the 2024 anniversary event. On average on Survivor one would get 30 cakes per single prestige. Killer roughly double that.

    They nerfed it last year but I'd take last year's rate over this years! 3-5 cakes per single prestige is genuinely abysmal.

    This is the 10th anniversary! We should be celebrating, players LOVE grinding for cakes during the anniversary. Anniversary cake hoarding is what makes the slow times during the year more bearable to play. I felt the cake nerf last year was disrespectful to my time playing, and I stopped playing for months once they doubled down and said they weren't changing the drop rate.

    If they once again refuse to increase the drop rate for anniversary cakes, i might be done entirely. The real world economy sucks. Why does a made up economy in a video game have to suck too? Players grinding and hoarding cakes to use throughout the year only increases player morale. Like I said, the real world economy sucks. I have to work more irl to barely stay afloat as is. I refuse to play this game 3x as much just to earn the same amount of cakes i earned just two years ago. One, I do not have the time, and two, I refuse to give my time, energy, and money to a company that I feel is disrespecting that limited time I do have.

  • I'm not sure if its just the bulk spending. I just manually gave bloodpoints and i saw 1 cake in 7 levels. Thats not great.

    Why are you being stingy about event offerings? This game is super grindy, so why not give us an opportunity to get offerings to help out with that?

  • nah im not playing at all, its not worth it, the game has only been getting worse and worse. Trash event and just insulting to players for a celebratrion. It's just giving them bad PR and ill will for whatever petty and pathetic reason they keep making intentional, awful choices like this.

    Closer and closer to just uninstalling and never supporting this company ever again.

  • @Knightofzer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093062#Comment_4093062

    nah im not playing at all, its not worth it, the game has only been getting worse and worse. Trash event and just insulting to players for a celebratrion. It's just giving them bad PR and ill will for whatever petty and pathetic reason they keep making intentional, awful choices like this.

    Closer and closer to just uninstalling and never supporting this company ever again.

    I don't really think it's that big a deal I just wanted more cakes lmao. Either way I've gotten bored of killer as of late so I swapped to survivor and its pretty fun especially during the event. A nice change of scenery imo

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    Killers get lots. The problem on survivor is that you have the event items AND the new cakes, all in the same pool. So you get less cakes on survivor. On my P100 Pig bloodwebs I got at least 1 cake every single page.

    Why is it that you people have to constantly turn things into an "us vs them" It sucks for both man.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4092948#Comment_4092948

    Why is it that you people have to constantly turn things into an "us vs them" It sucks for both man.

    It's not just an "us vs them" thing. This is about everyone.
    But yes, survivor bloodwebs does have more event items in total, and if those items are going to clutter the bloodwebs, resulting in even less cakes, then we have a major problem on our hands.

  • @wesker_shades said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093095#Comment_4093095

    It's not just an "us vs them" thing. This is about everyone.
    But yes, survivor bloodwebs does have more event items in total, and if those items are going to clutter the bloodwebs, resulting in even less cakes, then we have a major problem on our hands.

    Are you completely incapable of just saying: "This sucks for everyone" without being like: "but also it sucks more for one side" just say it sucks for everyone.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093102#Comment_4093102

    Are you completely incapable of just saying: "This sucks for everyone" without being like: "but also it sucks more for one side" just say it sucks for everyone.

    Refer to my original post in the thread. I said more than just that, on behalf of all players, regardless of whatever side they main.

  • @wesker_shades said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093105#Comment_4093105

    Refer to my original post in the thread. I said more than just that.

    And you immediately said: "

    But yes, survivor bloodwebs does have more event items in total, and if those items are going to clutter the bloodwebs, resulting in even less cakes, then we have a major problem on our hands.

    "

    So again, you said:

    "it sucks for everyone, but also it sucks worse for x side"

    Again i ask you.

    Are you completely incapable of just saying: "BHVR, this sucks for everyone, fix it" without bringing sides into something that is just objectively bad for everyone and has nothing to do with sides? This is precisely why this community is so completely utterly screwed up, because everyone boils EVERYTHING down to "sides"

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093107#Comment_4093107

    And you immediately said: "

    But yes, survivor bloodwebs does have more event items in total, and if those items are going to clutter the bloodwebs, resulting in even less cakes, then we have a major problem on our hands.

    "

    So again, you said:

    "it sucks for everyone, but also it sucks worse for x side"

    Again i ask you.

    Are you completely incapable of just saying: "BHVR, this sucks for everyone, fix it" without bringing sides into something that is just objectively bad for everyone and has nothing to do with sides? This is precisely why this community is so completely utterly screwed up, because everyone boils EVERYTHING down to "sides"

    Then don't make a big deal out of someone saying one side might be worse for cakes. It sucks for everyone, sure.
    For context, I did drop around 400k points on killer manually, and I saw maybe 4-5 cakes in that amount spent.
    That equals to around 80-100k BP spent per cake, or 2-3 levels in the later stages, which is an atrocious drop-rate for an item that we used to get multiples of per bloodweb in prior years, regardless of the side you were spending points on.

    I have yet to find out how bad the survivor bloodweb is, but if it really is as bad as it sounds, then I will probably skip it entirely.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    Killers get lots. The problem on survivor is that you have the event items AND the new cakes, all in the same pool. So you get less cakes on survivor. On my P100 Pig bloodwebs I got at least 1 cake every single page.

    I got more on average spending BP on Survivor than Killer so it's more complicated than that I think. Something's definitely wrong though

  • Balrog just said the bloodweb issues may be resolved already guys

  • @TropesDaMan said:

    Balrog just said the bloodweb issues may be resolved already guys

    What? Where?

  • this post by someone named crookedabe, its one of the tops ones

  • @TropesDaMan said:

    Balrog just said the bloodweb issues may be resolved already guys

    The issue of you trying to purchase nodes and it giving you an error that send you to the "press start" screen, not less cakes.
    The cakes are not an issue like a bug. The nerfed amount is a bad decision, not an error.

  • @wesker_shades said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093110#Comment_4093110

    Then don't make a big deal out of someone saying one side might be worse for cakes. It sucks for everyone, sure.
    For context, I did drop around 400k points on killer manually, and I saw maybe 4-5 cakes in that amount spent.
    That equals to around 80-100k BP spent per cake, or 2-3 levels in the later stages, which is an atrocious drop-rate for an item that we used to get multiples of per bloodweb in prior years, regardless of the side you were spending points on.

    I have yet to find out how bad the survivor bloodweb is, but if it really is as bad as it sounds, then I will probably skip it entirely.

    So you are incapable then. Its fine, we know where your biases lie then.

  • @TropesDaMan said:

    Balrog just said the bloodweb issues may be resolved already guys

    The bloodweb issues yes, but not the glaring mistake of making cakes the wrong rarity, negatively affecting drop rates.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093120#Comment_4093120

    So you are incapable then. Its fine, we know where your biases lie then.

    They are definitely pointing out their killer bias by prioritizing spending 400k BP on killer for cakes and 0 on survivor.

  • It’s so disappointing. It just cost me more than 4 million bp to get one single cake on each killer. It does feel like an insult.

  • I have over 18 mil BP saved up for this event…. I really, really don't feel like spending 14 or more mil manually just to get under the BP cap and be able to enjoy the matches…. I really expected to be able to bulk spend them and get a ton of cakes.

  • I play both sides equally. I used all of my offerings on killer from the year 8 anniversary to get Alan Wake to prestige 100. My career hours on survivor is a good 25% higher at least than killer. And yet, I tend to side more with killer lately, because outside of the S tier characters, the game is in a pretty noxious state (assuming MMR is working properly). Equal skill survivors obliterate equal skilled killers on the majority of maps when the killer isn’t in the top 5 strength-wise.

    Yes, it is undoubtably true that survivors get less anniversary cakes than killer. It’s been that way for all offerings since forever. Survivors have numerous items they can get, each of which have 5 to 10 addons they could use. Meaning not only can survivors get every kind of rarity item, but the addons for them. It over-saturates the blood web greatly for them. BUT, in regard to the anniversary, survivors also get flashlights and med kits pretty freely (or at least before the rarity change right now) and commodious toolboxes (the best kind) basically for free. There is some compensation for survivors getting less anniversary cakes, as the items they get are generally good. This update ruins some of that as well. Like, why is a standard anniversary flashlight, which is uncommon, now rare? Just because it’s got cosmetic changes for the anniversary? It doesn’t make much sense.


    Killers have one power, far less addons to deal with, so their blood webs are far less cluttered, meaning a higher chance of getting anniversary cakes. However I’d say that this update to the rarities has royally screwed over both sides pretty equally. Survivor items are now harder to get, and killers best addons now have to compete with an overglorified bloody party streamer. It’s hardly fair to anyone.

  • @Cornil said:

    I play both sides equally. I used all of my offerings on killer from the year 8 anniversary to get Alan Wake to prestige 100. My career hours on survivor is a good 25% higher at least than killer. And yet, I tend to side more with killer lately, because outside of the S tier characters, the game is in a pretty noxious state (assuming MMR is working properly). Equal skill survivors obliterate equal skilled killers on the majority of maps when the killer isn’t in the top 5 strength-wise.

    Yes, it is undoubtably true that survivors get less anniversary cakes than killer. It’s been that way for all offerings since forever. Survivors have numerous items they can get, each of which have 5 to 10 addons they could use. Meaning not only can survivors get every kind of rarity item, but the addons for them. It over-saturates the blood web greatly for them. BUT, in regard to the anniversary, survivors also get flashlights and med kits pretty freely (or at least before the rarity change right now) and commodious toolboxes (the best kind) basically for free. There is some compensation for survivors getting less anniversary cakes, as the items they get are generally good. This update ruins some of that as well. Like, why is a standard anniversary flashlight, which is uncommon, now rare? Just because it’s got cosmetic changes for the anniversary? It doesn’t make much sense.


    Killers have one power, far less addons to deal with, so their blood webs are far less cluttered, meaning a higher chance of getting anniversary cakes. However I’d say that this update to the rarities has royally screwed over both sides pretty equally. Survivor items are now harder to get, and killers best addons now have to compete with an overglorified bloody party streamer. It’s hardly fair to anyone.

    Very well said sir. This really highlights the problems that changing rarities cause.

  • @wesker_shades said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093139#Comment_4093139

    The bloodweb issues yes, but not the glaring mistake of making cakes the wrong rarity, negatively affecting drop rates.

    I agree that the rarity and in turn the reduced drop rate of anniversary cakes is really annoying. There is so much to spend bloodpoints on for them to be this stingy, please @behaviour I beg of you hear our appeal and make the tarte common. This event will struggle to feel very celebratory otherwise.

  • @Na1ts1rhc said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093159#Comment_4093159

    I agree that the rarity and in turn the reduced drop rate of anniversary cakes is really annoying. There is so much to spend bloodpoints on for them to be this stingy, please @behaviour I beg of you hear our appeal and make the tarte common. This event will struggle to feel very celebratory otherwise.

    sad to say someone earlier said this is intended to make it so we cant grind that well outside of the event

  • @wesker_shades said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4093179#Comment_4093179

    Very well said sir. This really highlights the problems that changing rarities cause.

    I am especially curious as to what BHVR’s thinking was. Someone mentioned it was to prevent “hoarding a thousand offerings from the anniversary,” but is raising the rarity from lowest to second highest the solution to that? Is it a problem that needs a solution to begin with? The character you get the offerings on you’re forced to play to use the offerings, they aren’t interchangeable. If you manage to play the game enough during the anniversary, don’t you deserve the thousand offerings? It’s the most hype time of the year for the game in terms of new content. Perhaps they thought making players need more playtime to get the offerings would make them play more. But it’s likely the inverse, players will be discouraged to grind, the rewards aren’t worth it.

    Theoretically, they could’ve just made the rarity uncommon instead of common across the board for anniversary items and the backlash would’ve been maybe a tenth of what they’re receiving now. But I’m of the shared opinion that no change was needed at all. Survivors can get commodious toolboxes frequently if they manually use their bloodweb anyway, and killers will just bring puddings instead of anniversary cakes since there’s no difference on their end. Killers don’t play with anyone else in the lobby, why should they care if the rest of the players get an extra 100 percent? This update guts at least half of the enjoyment found in the anniversary celebration.

1 2 3 4