NOED is really bad game design
I know it. You know it. The devs know it. How about we all just admit it?
Playing in the green ranks and it's literally carrying every single killer there. Guess this is the easy way to balance the game. Killers are struggling? oh well just give them a perk to make up for it.
Now before people cry "ClEaNsE tHe ToTUmZ", how about the devs actually make that viable for single player by giving some notification of when dull totems are destroyed? or after doing 4 am I meant to run around the map searching every nook and cranny just to be sure?
God I hate this game sometimes. NOED and DS, 2 perks that change the entire outcome of the match. Great game design right there.
Comments
i almost exclusively solo queue and I make sure to hit every totem I come across. The end result is I rarely get hit with NOED. And in the event that I see a couple straight NOEDs, I slap on Detectives Hunch. Now simply for completing an objective, I can see all the totems.
If I get taken down by NOED I am blaming myself and my teammates, not being negative about the skill of the killer or blaming the game itself. It’s such an easy perk to counter, crying about it seems silly to me.
I assume in your example earlier, you and your friends gen rushes that Spirit and didn’t focus on totems and paid the price. Adapt or get over it.
This is why solo players need notifications of dull totems cleansed. Especially when the majority of killers lobby dodge and bring noed.
Basically this boils down to you want the game to be easier LOL
Does it prevent the usage of the perk? Yes. Therefore, it's a counter.
Does it have an opportunity cost, like literally every action in the game? Also yes.
Not OP at all guyz
Also when the killer camps, have 3 survivors rush 5 gens and 5 totems.
A gen is 80, and when you factor in time running between them, and any resets on the timer due to being interrupted it's easily an extra gen and then some.
If killers can't win against 6 gens I don't know what to say.
I'll just say that solo survivors don't have a lot of communication and it's going to be difficult to make a lot of progress on something that takes coordination. While au contraire, SWF has a lot of coordination to keep count of dull totems and to keep track of their positions. Therefore, NOED is weak against SWF and strong against solos because they don't have the same tools in a game to deal with the perk. Furthermore, the perk awards failure in terms of you couldn't prevent the survivors from completing their objective. I'm not going to defend DS either, it's the NOED equivalent because it also awards failure in terms of losing in stealth and in the chase.
Overall, perks should help you but shouldn't carry you. I would be fine with the perk reducing the punishment like Technician but not out right awarding the player for failing like DS. That's why I'll always stand by this rework here because you're failing to protect generators but the perk doesn't give you a pat on the back for losing.
No One Escapes Death:
Progress infuriates you beyond belief which causes you to release your true potential. Whenever a generator is completed, you'll receive a 5%/10%/15% haste effect and a 20% attack cool down decrease until you perform a successful offensive action. Haste effects and attack cool downs do stack if multiple generators are completed.I like running TotH sometimes for this reason.
Not only do you get even more time, you'll heavily encourage them to cleanse them, since they'll think you have some other Hex to protect, one important enough to waste another slot to TotH.
If survivors cant cleanse five totems I don’t know what to say. Especially when they have two perks that literally point them out lol
of making them mandatory... just like, do them?
So having one run around doing the totems sometimes causes a team to lose.
All this for one perk btw
Also turns out that killers pressure totems more than gens. Every game a survivor brings them to the totem I'm on. Which drags out the time.
But hey, whatever helps killers win right? All about dat ez 4k
This topic seems to be changing into an incoherent mess.
O_O
Would it be fair if NOED increased the exit gate time while providing the killer with a 5% haste effect? Perks aren't suppose to award losing, they are supposed to alleviate the punishment.
I’m 99% solo player, and to be honest I’d rather be doing anything but gens at this point lol.
If they get a single kill from NOED my oppinion is it’s deserved, it’s very much an end game play style, it has a good risk reward balance.
I don’t mind this perk at all. Even when I’ve evaded all match done gens and just getting to the gate NOED bites me on the backside, I can live without that escape and those few BPs I’ll get from it.
We do have maps and perks to locate the totems, don’t see why a survivor should have a bonus perk of a counter that puts the killers “maybe” perk at a huge disadvantage, when the killer them selves don’t even have the ability to do this without a perk.
It's one perk slot. In return you get a speed boost an unlimited instadowns when survivors are at their weakest (most pallets destroyed, maybe a survivor or two dead).
The risk is very, very small. The reward is very, very big.
But you dont trust survivors ok.
There are streamers out there who refuse to use this perk because they feel it's overpowered, can allow any bad killer to receive a much better final result than they would otherwise be able to get, and it's just generally unsportsmanlike.
A huge chunk of the community consifer NOED along with DS as perks that reward bad play and suck the fun and skill out of the game.
But why am I even bothering? You've obviously made up your mind that you don't care about any of that, you just want the easy win, even if you can't play well enough to earn it without NOED.
Keep your precious crutch.
Holy ######### lengthy quotes.
But keep asking for a crutch.
I think if killer plays defensive at the end of a game when only one gen left to fix and all three gens are close to each other then Noed was a waste cause good survivors will cleanse all of them while killer basically lets them to do it but if killer plays like a rocket missile thanks to bbq then Noed wasnt a waste even if it totems got cleansed.
With your logic ds has a counter too then just dont pick up survivor and you will prevent the perk usage
@Crusader, just cleanse totems you see totems that can be an issue when noed triggers( close to hooks, gates etc)keep it low when gates are powered and when someone got downed cleanse hex totem .
these ideas
Therefore, NOED is weak against SWF and strong against solos because they don't have the same tools in a game to deal with the perk. Furthermore, the perk awards failure in terms of you couldn't prevent the survivors from completing their objective. I'm not going to defend DS either, it's the NOED equivalent because it also awards failure in terms of losing in stealth and in the chase.
I have to disagree.
SWF makes things a lot easier compared to solos, that's obvious but your statement: Solos don't have the same tools in the game to deal with the perk -> Yes they do. They have EXACTLY the same tools. Voice communication is NOT part of the game. Do you realize that you just used SWF and Voice Communication as a benchmark for balance and use the lack of communication of solos as a reason as to why NOED is OP? How ridiculous is that? Is that were we are now, SWF as a measurement for balance?Wow.
NOED doesn't reward failure. Assuming that the balance of the game is aimed around 2kills 2 death this means it's completly natural and expected that 5 gens get repaired. Considering that, it's not at all a loss to reach that state. It's not the Killer failing to do their objective to defend gens, it's the Survivors doing their objective. I'd compare NOED to Adrenaline, but DS is a whole new level. On top of that, Survivors have the complete control over NOED (and Adrenaline). They decide when and if it activates the moment they pop the last gen. On top of that, NOED still requires you to find & down a Survivor before they can escape the gates / break the totem. It's punishing Survivors for failure.
DS, on the other hand, punishes Killers for doing well. That's why DS is incredibly poorly designed and NOED, while it certainly can be powerful, is just that: A situational, powerful perk (against unaware Survivors).
There's a reason why mostly Wraith, Trapper and Freddy use NOED. They lack the pressure to keep Survivors from doing gens, so they focus on the endgame. If Survivors mindlessly rush gens, they'll get punished for it because they didn't consider the obvious: NOED. Remove NOED and you gotta be really lucky to ever see one of those Killers again.
And as a sidenote, I'm sure most Killers would gladly trade NOED for Adrenaline and DS.