Is it fair ?
Now i understand why Killers dodge SWFs !
I've never seen this tryhard level before ...
And abuse of strong loops (which i refused to chase for obvious reasons.)
Thanks god console has names ...

Now i understand why Killers dodge SWFs !
I've never seen this tryhard level before ...
And abuse of strong loops (which i refused to chase for obvious reasons.)
Thanks god console has names ...

Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Do we need to bust out the meme again where not every SWF is like this? I can agree that yes this is just one of the very few that actually are extremely toxic.
The survivor meta seems to be set in stone at this point. I really think the idea of giving perks points depending on power is a good one.
well ur fairly ready with ur tier 3 enduring....
Borrowed Time is funny against my Wraith.
So if I facecamp 2 people its a fair game? Okay, thanks
Thats a yikes set up.... I just block them on steam and dodge them in games
So you're a rank 6 and this is the first time you've seen this 'tryhard' setup? So what I can take from this is that it's actually very rare to see a 4 man SWF squad like this. You got 2 kills, devs say 2k average is balanced.
Also let's look at 'tryhard'. They're using perks given to them by the game as are you. You're using the killer meta of BBQ and Ruin, you even threw Nurses and Enduring because they're some of the best killer perks and are available to you just like the survivor perks are available to them. They didn't even bring in 4 'OP' items, only one insta.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46664/you-sweaty-tryhard
@OP
Its a game and anything in it within the rules is fair, you used speed add-ons for the chainsaw which for some is also deemed "tryhard" (hate that word), I find it funny with some of the replies calling the use of what's in the game toxic! So many people cry over iri add-ons, DS, NOED, Insta heal, moris etc.
In the end you got two kills and two escaped, this is the balance point the devs look for, you did the right thing on good loop spots, it's best to find someone else in a less loopable area as you need to pressure the map not let one of them waste all your time.
These are not common, but are super annoying.
Tell me Hawk, do you feel the same about insidious camping, NOED, or ebony mori? I'm pretty sure you labeled a few killers as sweaty or toxic due to perk choices and how they played them.
Got you covered
Just the setup.
I play on console which makes offerings like Faint a pain in the @s$. Even the light one.
I'm not complaining about ratio.
It's the setup ... 1 light Faint is just enough on console to blind the killer. Now imagine all these plus 4 DS.
Really see a balance there bro ? Really ?
Went to play today.
Lot of games with Purple, yellow and common Mist Faint ... guess what DC !
FPS is already ######### for killers i don't need to play it worse.
People on console just want to juke and this offer is a disaster.
Everything created for this game is based around balance. At least that's the intention except . . .
cough Survive With Friends cough . . .
Now I know what you're thinking "A Cry Baby Killer Main" How did I know? Anyone with a decent amount of common sense should understand SWF lacks fairness regarding the way this game is balanced. Now you might want to hold onto something, this could come as quite a shock from a supposed "Killer Main" but SWF should exist. It's good for friends who frequent games together, supposedly good for the Dead By Daylight community . . supposedly. Bottom line it is here to stay. I welcome SWF with open arms. Though there are times I say "O . M . . G . . . Again" and that's fine.
Didn't mean to drag that out, but hope to assume a neutral standing with viewers of this thread as I play Killer and Survivor equally at rank 1. Don't worry rank is meaningless I could be as bad as a rank 20 for all I know.
On topic finally,
fact is that this game is balanced around 1 Killer and 4 'Random' Survivors. Any die hard SWF member wanting to argue this only needs to refer to the list of perks and the growing (note 'growing') amount of perks that a SWF group would find useless. The most recent example is the Aftercare perk. And perhaps a brand spanking new SWF to the game could make use of these kinds of perks as they learn the game, but as mentioned before this common knowledge requires you to have a "decent amount of common sense". If you still don't get it, best move along as you wont have anything of relevance to offer to this thread or you can stay and make a pointless post and the rest of us will have a chuckle.
Onto balance finally,
the idea is that within a SWF group, and only within a SWF group each member is limited to a unique perk and item. It's that simple. The only thing that cannot be balanced is the free flow of information through communication, but SWF has earned that right. They are a special bunch, had only the 4 'Random' Survivors had such technology before being sent into a horrific trial with any hope of surviving the the Killer, the game would be called Survive By Daylight. No Special SWF Unit armed with toolboxes with speed add-ons, sabotage squads 99% every hook using no mither ect. And no 4 man SC, DS, SB, BT . . . whatever combo of perks you can think of efficient SWF running.
The problem unfortunately,
I am not sure how this would be implemented.
P.S. When I was a new killer I would always dodge SWF. Yes, I am ashamed. I see no point in dodging now, it's not a point of 'Get Good' but rather tolerance. I have plenty SWF in my killer games who seem to wreck my face only to fall hard at the end. And other SWF who . . wreck my face. You see SWF isn't OP (Though Unfair To How The Game Was Designed) the ability for SWF to coordinate not only through speech, but through running an 'efficient' perk/item/offering load out does make what SWF are able to accomplish without any effort OP.
One more time,
ANYONE WITH A DECENT AMOUNT OF COMMON SENSE can see I am shooting for fairness and balance. I don't want to nerf Survivors or buff Killers. I don't even want to get rid of SWF. The game is balanced, it's imperfect, but gets fine tuned now and then. Though the balance to SWF isn't made through a few perk tweaks or game play changes that give choice to dodge or DC when certain conditions are unsavory. The fact that SWF can and should be able to play together, under certain conditions across the board would give killers a fighting chance against those Special Ops SWF Units.
To answer the title: Yes.
Toxic =/= illegal.
Running any perk in the game is legal.
What's interesting, is that just by using certain perks within an organized SWF group can be toxic. In order for a killer to be toxic they have to use ultra rare add-ons maybe even an eboni mori. That equates to 7k-14k BP for a killer to be toxic. Survivors can essentially be toxic for free, adding insta heals are considered Try Hard Toxic.
At the end of the day Killer pays to be toxic.
A good SWF group can be toxic for free.
Well described.
Indeed.
while playing billy with enduring ruin and BBQ. Im not knocking him, I'm saying imagine this on ######### like legion/myers/pig/freddy or any of the other non-top tier killers.
It's not only totally fine to tunnel against such a setup, you basically have to (if the survivors aren't super bad).
4 DSs, 4 seconds for each one that’s already 16 seconds wasted overall in total including a chase but by the time you’re unstunned you’ve already lost them.
Yeah that sounds pretty broken even as a survivor main lmao.
Sadly managers of this game dont care about balances and that's why this game is dying.
I mean ... I'm devotion 6 and i know how things works and I was just ranking up and never saw this ######### swf build before.
Honestly, the only one that pisses me off is the one coward at the bottom:
Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Decisive Strike, and an Instaheal. If you are so unbelievably bad that you need 5 extra chances just git gud. I'm surprised you got them first.
Read the title.
Not about my build, it's about their scum build.
As far as I know I'm not running anything besides some tracking as I have no communication with survivors
I bet the killer had a lot of fun that match.
Any killer main who has played for some time will tell you this isn't very common. As a matter of fact, the chances of running into a SWF that is highly coordinated is just unlikely. This just isn't that type of game. If I have friends and I am trying to competitively play this game, it dang sure isn't gonna be this joke of a game. Rather arena in WoW or something.
So I'm supposed to run a perkeless build vs 4 survivors no matter if they are or not swf.
Ah ... maybe I should run Monstrous Shrine, Insidous, Territorial Imperative and Distressing, looks good.
Thanks I pass.
Imagine this on console which I play on.
LUL
I wish I could have the courage.
But instead I keep my Mori's unnused, got almost a hundred LUL.
Yes you are right and I'm wrong.
I'm running op ######### vs 4 poor survivors.
Guess I have to git gud.