If you were taken into the fog, what would your shareable perks be?
I'm talking about you; the (presumed) human being sat reading this thread when you should be doing something else. Yeah.
The fog has taken you and it has been decided that you're the perfect candidate to kill some slasher victim archetypes. This is just you, not some fantasy version of you (although the entity may warp you as it does to others) What perks do you bring to the Entity's realm? Bonus points if you know what powers you'd have too.
Conversely, the fog has taken you and you have been labelled said slasher victim archetype. Were I to buy a licensed survivor based on your likeness, what perks would I be getting out of the deal?
Comments
depression- you sob loudly when injured breaking the killers spirit
Always hungry- you get to eat crows removing them from the match
Always tired- when doing gens after awhile you fall asleep and your subconscious finishes the gen for you on a fixed timer
Button Mash- When all else fails spam mash the ability button to gain 1% progress per press on a gen after 5 seconds it goes on cooldown for 120 seconds
you good, dude?
(I don't relate to this I don't relate to this I don't relate to this)
I'd carry games with this perk. I can mash buttons like I'm skipping dialogue in a speedrun
yes I’m fine thank you for asking.
I’m just making a goofy post in hindsight yeah probably not a good idea to joke about depression but the other two are very much accurate
’Eepy - you are exhausted for the entire trial, you can take a nap any time without any benefit whatsoever. This won’t get rid of the exhaustion.
Pet: Chinchillas - you got your two chinchillas with you. They don’t give any benefit at all and will keep you busy looking after them. But they are cute, so totally worth it!! (May or may not chew through gens cables and regress them (lol ‘May mit’ - they totally will do that))
Done with this ######### - you have had enough of this, endless torture through endless trials? Nope, sir. I am out. Press the Active ability button to just get sent straight to the void. This will delete your character from your account.
Well, what can i say? I am not made for this at all.
im detecting a theme among forum users... Lmao
IBS - Years of irritable bowls have rendered your flatulence especially potent. While repairing a gen, rather than skillchecks, you scream in pain and fart. Anyone within your 4m of fart cloud repairs the gen 3% faster for 3 seconds.
Sleep Deprivation - All those late nights have given you an other-worldly sixth sense. When a killer is undetectable and enters within 16m of you, you see their aura for 8 seconds. Has a 60 second cooldown.
Yeet - You never have what you need when you need it, but you have become great at improvisation. You can throw any fully depleted item to stun the killer. Item is fully consumed upon successful impact.
"rather than skillchecks, you scream in pain and fart."
You don't have to kill me like this, man
Lol at least you guys get a benefit from having to endure the farts 🤣
Loneliness: when 10 meters from any survivor, your conspicuous actions are 8%faster
Worthless: when opening chests, items will always be lowest quality, but you can rummage 8 times.
Unworthy: once the exit gates are powered, you gain 3 permanent stacks of endurance, but you cannot leave the trial by exit gate nor hatch.
I um…
Well, in terms of balance, Loneliness seems really strong, actually!
(Feel better soon)
Anxiety: At random points throughout the match, you scream and get a 5% repair speed boost for 12 seconds "what if the killers right next to me??? and i dont even know it!" - Tropes
Hard Hearing: Whenever the Killer vaults or drops from a height you see their aura for 4 seconds, Gens being repaired by you are 3% louder "what was that sound? must be my imagination?" -Tropes
Worthy Sacrifice: this perk actiavates once all generators are completed, whenever your downed by the killer, or on hook, all survivors have a 15% speed boost to opening the Exit Gates "sorry guys! you go on without me!" - Tropes
perks at the top of the message
When repairing a gen, press the ability button to freeze the progress for 80/70/60 seconds, during which time if you move to a different generator, that generator will be locked until the time runs out, and all the frozen progress from the first generator is transferred to the new generator. The original generator will be reset to zero.
While working on generators, you gain one token per 33% of total progress you make (capped at 1/2/3 tokens). Once a token is gained, you can use the ability button to spend the tokens to get a one-time use trap item that you can use to trap a generator for the remainder of the trial. Whenever a regression event gets triggered on this generator, the killer will then suffer from Blindness and 10% Hindered for 10/20/30 seconds, and also get stunned for 1/2/3 seconds.
While in chase for more than 20 seconds, press the active ability button to become fully invisible, elusive and completely quiet for 4/5/6 seconds. This perk has a cooldown of 300 seconds.
This is your "get out of jail for free card". Use it wisely
Grovel: get down on hands and knees and beg for mercy.
Grope: grope the Killer and make them feel uncomfortable and run to the Entities HR Department to file a complaint. It’s super effective on hot Killers like Wesker and Myers. Has no effect on uggo like Hag and will give them a free hit.
Smack/Kick: allows you to smack a teammate, taking a health state from them, when they do something stupid like pop a gen or drop a pallet when the Killer isn’t nearby. If hooked, and they try to unhook in the Killers face, you’ll get a prompt to kick them in the head if you want to.
Bro this took me out @Huge_Bush 🤣 Poor girlie caught a stray
the Entitys HR Department will contact you
How effective is Grope against Springtrap? Free hit or HR stun?
Depends on the cosmetic. If they have a mask on, they’re into it and return the grope and teleport with the Survivor to Freddy’s map to the room in the boiler room with the mattress for some alone time. If it’s without the mask, to HR they go.
Clever solutions is actually kind of fascinating as a concept, shifting progress from one gen to another. I can see it being used to counter a killer that has set themselves up early game with a brutal 3 gen. Would be interested in trying that out for real.
Guess I'm buying the wesker_shades chapter bundle.
An exhaustion perk on account of all the caffeinated beverages I've dragged into the fog with me
A stealth perk on account of me finding a quiet corner during the trial to just kick back and read until the gens are done
And a self heal perk once I've popped a benzo after the inevitable anxiety attack
It's a really good idea for an anti-3-gen perk. And since 3-genning is essentially a lost cause for the survivor team, well you get where I got the idea from.
Balance in all things
The exhaustion perk should give you 25% haste for 7 seconds, instead of 50% for 3, but the caffiene causes a panic attack, so you're not only exhausted but you scream every 2s until you find a safe place to read.
That does sum up my life quite nicely 😅
The one person the Entity fears
Invocation: Final Sacrifice
If you have no hook stages you can perform an invocation. After 60 seconds, all hook states are transferred to you. Survivors see each others auras.
I'm not afraid to bite the bullet when my turn comes. I live for the team. And I hope that one day, we all can come to an understanding.
I was thinking about perks of this nature, stuff that's straight up busted but also kills you outright. Probably not healthy for the game but I can't help but feel kinda into the moments it could make.
survivor perks
under pressure repair:
While the obsession is in chase you do gens 10% faster
Reduces your chances of becoming the Obsession.
bad spine:
you are hindered 5%
you gain 100% blood points
dnd rolls:
press the interact key to Roll a d20 gain haste equal to 5+ the roll
causes the Exhausted Effect for 50 seconds plus the roll.
Gamer fuel: consume a energy drink and sprint at 200% speed for 3 seconds afterwards you're tummy hurt and start vomiting revealing yourself to the killer and suffer 25% hinder penalty for 60 seconds
I like to think I would come into the fog with some borderline useless stealthy/troll/meme perks:
Bodge Job
You repair things quickly... You break things just as quickly, too.
Generator repairs are 6% faster.
Repair skill checks have a 50% chance of being a difficult skill check. Every successful difficult skill check adds a token, up to a total of 4 tokens. Each token adds an additional 2% speed to generator repair.
Missing a difficult skill check loses a token and applies a -15% penalty to generator progression.
Now You See Me
...Now you don't!
To activate Now You See Me, progress 50/45/40% of a generator.
Point in any direction to project a moving illusion 16 meters from your current location. The Killer will also see the aura of your ghostly doppelganger running in your chosen direction for 3 seconds. After an additional 3 seconds, the illusion disappears and Now You See Me deactivates.
Locker Hopper
Locker Hopper activates on your final hook stage. After entering a locker, hit the active ability button 2 to randomly teleport to another locker in the Trial. Each teleportation event carries a 20% risk of being instantly sacrificed to The Entity.
Locker Hopper has a cooldown of 60 seconds.
(Locker Hopper is my way of bringing the forbidden Narnia Tech back into the game in perk form. But I think it would also be a fun TARDIS themed perk if we ever got a Doctor Who chapter)
Do you double vomit vs Plague? Important question.
NGL I would probably try making Bodge Job work. Also fully accurate to the perks I'd have too. My headset is held together with tape as proof.
you can have it
Pointing while carrying an empty item replenish its charges by 50%.
Dropped items become susceptible to basic attacks and will be consumed by the entity if damaged.
(This perk deactivates your ability to use items)
unhealthy obsession
Rescuing a survivor from the second hook stage activates this perk for 90 seconds. While its active, any damage caused to the obsession will be transfered to you and will reveal your aura for 6 seconds.
Survivors unhooked by you become the killer's obsession.
silent thrill
The crows are on your side.
Approach a crow without startling it and use the 'Come' gesture to call it. While in the crow's companion, press the active ability button to send it towards the killer, stunning them for 3 seconds.
This effect cannot be activated during chase.
The crow will fly away if the survivor loses a health state.
Cool down: 180 seconds
I've always wanted perks like these, nerf/buff where necessary, I just am going to say the concept.
Out of my way - An exhaustion perk that lets you shove a survivor or killer a meter or two back, it doesnt stun, it's just a short displacement (I want to shove fellow survivors out of or into, harms way if they try to sandbag me. LOL) or Hole Killers or intercept a tunnel by pushing them into the side of a door or choke point, will I take a hit for it? Probably, is it funny, worth it.
Crash Out - when your item is more than X percent charges, unlock the ability to throw your item off the killer for a 1s stun, does not affect killers carrying survivors, item will lose charges and your perk will go on a cooldown. ( edit: I just realised this was posted earlier, awesome)
Boon: Mitigation - your boon will be consumed for the next regression/gen block event for generator's in its radius (only once) Basically what I wanted Steadfast to be before it became a Hex perk.
I'm too tired right now to come up with my own new perks, but if I had to pick preexisting perks that I think might suit me it'd probably be: No One Left Behind, Dead Hard, and Counterforce.
Longer vomit stream kinda like plague does
I want to preface that I’m a nurse and empathy and patient autonomy (your own choices and informed decisions) are MILES above my other beliefs as a nurse, but helping and healing people truly is my personality to the core (to a fault).
Perks -
Protect the Poor Souls:
Years of tending and caring for others has given you a savior complex, needing to help everyone when they’re vulnerable, even at the cost of yourself.
When you take a protection hit for an injured survivor, your sprint burst is extended by 0.5s. The injured survivor gains 7% haste for 7-15 seconds (throwing random numbers due to lack of balancing experience). This perk goes on cooldown for 60 seconds.
“Nobody will get you while I’m here to help!” - flavor text
Need More Hands!:
Utilizing both hands, pockets, and all the space available to you, it’s still not enough! It appears Lady Luck has blessed you with deeper pockets.
Whenever you open a chest, a second item can be carried at 50% reduced efficiency (less charges available, only affects the 2nd item picked up). Press (button) to switch items being held in-hand.
“I swear, nurses never have enough hands!” - flavor text
Stop Right There:
You’ve been through an argument or two with the staff over proper care and orders. This has empowered you to stand strong against your adversaries.
If another survivor gets injured by the Killer’s basic attack or power within 16 meters, you have 10 seconds to activate “Stop Right There”. Pull a syringe from your pocket and stab the killer with it, stunning them for 4s (1s for animation, 3s stun). This perk deactivates for the remainder of the trial.
(Partially a House reference for text) “Stop right there! I’m doing the best thing a nurse can for another; saving your patient’s life.” - flavor text
Disregard. Was finally able to edit my last post.
Seduce the killer
Your years of awkward roleplaying has allowed you to say preposterous things, even in the face of death. When fully healed and in chase, press the ability button to shout out a pickup line which causes a d20 to roll (like bardic inspiration) with a charisma modifier based on the survivor being played. A 15 or above means successfully bedding the killer, an 8 or higher leads to an awkward confrontation where both players stand around, and a 7 or lower causes the killer to report you for harassment leading to an iridescent shard fine.
"I roll to seduce the door!" - Flavor
I'm (not) okay
Years of locking your emotions away have allowed you to hide even the most grievous of injuries When damaged by the killer you are not affected by blood pools and grunts of pain, the injury affect is also not shown on the hud despite still showing the regular injured limp walk.
"I'm noooooooooooot oooooookaaaaaay!" - Flavor
Lonesome
Your dislike of people leads you to know where and when they may strike. When the match starts you see the killer's aura for 5 seconds and receive a 8% repair speed bonus to the generator the furthest from the killer at any time.
"I'm always 5 steps ahead" - Flavor
Anthropophobia
Gain a stack of 3% repair speed for each survivor that's 30m away from you. "GTF AWAY FROM MEEEEEE!!!" - me.
Survivor Instinct
"When the killer downs you, they receive 0.000001% haste for 1s." (Removed from PTB for being OP)
Fight or flight... I know the panic and fear that takes over the body during a missile attack. Sometimes it feels like almost like a superhuman, the way the body reacts in moments of danger. I would run like crazy and probably even jump over high fences - something I normally wouldn't do. 😅
SURVIVOR
Empathy
„You can tell when someone's struggling or feeling under the weather.“
Survivors' auras affected by negative status effects (mangled, hemmorhage, exhausted, …) are revealed whenever within 7 meters of you.
Stubbornness
„The stubbornness personality trait has granted you the victim card of getting laughed at in ordinary life, but here it works as your triumph card.“
Lose a token after 3 seconds of not performing said action.
Cooldown: 30 seconds after escaping the chase.
Lion's willpower
„The idea of giving up has never made sense to you; A few breaths, and you are more determined than ever to do even better the next time around.“
KILLER
Five steps ahead
„The tendency of overthinking the silliest things have made you lose tons of time and energy, but ultimately preparing you for what's to come before others even see it.“
Cooldown: 90 seconds.
Fast metabolism
„You had always devoured everything and demanded more despite already having more than double the ordinary portion.“
The effect is lost whenever you enter a chase.
Night owl
„Your sleeping schedule has always been messed up, making you more active at times when others were taking their rest.“
Willpower of the Broken
"You've been discarded and replaced so many times, but you keep going, even if only for the few ones that still wait for you.“
Well of Useless Knowledge
"Your abnormal amount of knowledge on fictional franchises was useless for the entirety of your life… until now."
ADHD
"You have absolutely no ability to go from one task to the next without losing focus… but with enough time on a single task, your focus makes you more efficient than most."
I had way too much fun making those, even if I know they are completely ridiculous.
Nap Time:
Press the active ability button while crouching to enter the dying state. While in that state, all survivors gain a 10% repair speed bonus.
Do Not Perceive Me:
While within the killer's terror radius, press the active ability button to become a teddy bear or random piece of furniture, and gain Elusive. Effect last 60s or until canceled.
Sacrificial Lamb:
While within the killer's line of sight press the active ability button to drop dead. Completes one random generator.
Switch Sides:
When on death hook, press F to switch sides and become an accomplice to the killer.
You can escape through the hatch, but only once every survivor other than you is sacrificed.
If a survivor escapes, you die automatically.
Slow and Steady
When healthy:
Gain 5%/4%/3% Hindered
Leave no scratch marks
——————
Hunch:
Whenever killer is in proximity of 16m/20m/24m of you, perk activates
Gain 3% haste until chase starts
Cooldown: 60s/50s/40s
——————
Willpower:
After being unhooked from second hook stage:
- Gain endurance status effect (until other survivour is hooked)
- Gain 50% haste for 4s followed by exhaustion for 30s/25s/20s.
Getting hit while this perk is active:
- Grants elusive status effect for 60s
- Disables all perks for the rest of the trial
Perk Deactivates when:
- Total number of generators are done is more than 3
- Total number of hook stages taken is more than 5