Last Year: The Nightmare is going to kill this game
and it’s not a bad thing honestly. The lack of follow through and integrity from the devs has turned this game from something that i would play constantly to something that I balk at if I’m not playing with freinds (much like Friday). The amount of issues and bugs with core mechanics to the game (from both killer and survivor side) is absolutely appalling. Yet instead of attempting to fix these, they slap on bandaids that don’t address the real issues. All in all from what I’ve heard talking to the community the devs are killing this beautiful idea and pushing their fans towards another game. But I guess in their eyes they’ve done a pretty good job so far
Comments
Yup.
Good incentive to do better.
To be honest LY looks worse than DbD right now, but if we compare the state of both games during their releases, we can clearly see that LY is much better than DbD was when it was released.
Sayin that, we can't point which game will be the dominating one, because DbD is on the market for how long? 4 years? LY has been just released, give this game time to implement levelling and perks, then more killers and maps. After like 1,5-2 years we will be able to see the true potential of LY.
I know this discussion is already dead, but Last Year is really just another streamer bait game.
Maybe if there was more than one server with 3 people in it lol. Couldn't even play a match of Last Year.
Bandaids include:
DS (DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN?, NOED (SERIOUSLY THIS IS NOT A PROPER PERK IT'S A BANDAID FOR GENRUSHING AND IF YOU GET REKT BECAUSE UR A BABY KILLER although if this is on Freddy or LF I can make an exception), ADRENALINE (BANDAID FOR THE TUNNELLING ISSUE), DISCORDANCE (BANDAID FOR THE GEN SPEED).
And the list can go on.
I love Dying Light too. But I'd rather face t-bagging flashlight clicking swf here then be a Night Hunter in Dying Light. Thought Killers had problems here? There only needs to be one fully maxed optimal survivor in Dying Light to [Bad Word] your day.
I spend over 1100 hours on DbD.
I didn't keep track of my time on DbD but I was here at 2017 the earliest.
It is nice to take a break, which is why I do other things other then DbD when I can, recently I am watching Anime and practicing my drawing. Apex Legends and Titanfall 2 (Trying to G.10 all my titans) also have my attention.
I know your pain, 200+ legend rank players are a pain when they have friends on their side, UV lights mixed with a guy with a fenris that deals enough damage to hit you for 100 damage is balanced in my book
The truth is you don't need any one title to come in and swoop up the DBD player-base. You can lose pieces of it ,as games come along and appeal to certain players and have them move on or become casual players.
This must be bait or the OPs stupidity is at highest level. Dunno why this kind of threads still exist but it keeps being a running gag.
Back when Last Year was released, I would try to explain people the game comparing it to White Noise, but for some reason I would confuse the title with Dying Light (no idea why). When I saw it pop up in this thread, it kinda made me feel better about myself as someone might have also got both mixed up...
...unless someone actually meant to compare both of them.
Last Year is fun but it's unfair to compare the games they don't have much in common other than the fact a killer is chasing survivors. I don't see anything really knocking DBD down in terms of players anytime soon (at least a game from the same genre that is).
I personally think Team Fortress is way better than Fortnite
Honestly, the only prediction for a game killing another major game I can see is Lost Ark killing any Diablo-clones for the West, including Path of Lagxile.
Roblox will kill DBD watch out.
Please. Clearly, Tetris is the real DbD killer. It's much more stressful and horrifying when you get an L block despite needing a line piece.
But can Tetris oof is the question?
These threads are as hilarious as the ones that have been predicting that x game would kill League of Legends.
Last year the nightmare is dead.....
So....
Dead by Daylight win again?
lol
DbD should license out one of their killers and LY should license out one of theirs.
Slasher is a bit generic but both Giant or Strangler are good fits for potential new killers in DbD.
There was a planned "Brute" type of killer known as The Smasher, but he was scrapped, i guess he was supposed to be similar to The Giant, but i guess it didn't work out.
Mmyeah, I remember seeing "gameplay" of the early DbD on the earliest livestreams.