Last Year: The Nightmare is going to kill this game
and it’s not a bad thing honestly. The lack of follow through and integrity from the devs has turned this game from something that i would play constantly to something that I balk at if I’m not playing with freinds (much like Friday). The amount of issues and bugs with core mechanics to the game (from both killer and survivor side) is absolutely appalling. Yet instead of attempting to fix these, they slap on bandaids that don’t address the real issues. All in all from what I’ve heard talking to the community the devs are killing this beautiful idea and pushing their fans towards another game. But I guess in their eyes they’ve done a pretty good job so far
Comments
Im not even laugh yet, im gonna laugh when your just another "game x is gonna kill DBD" prophecy turned out to be wrong just like all the others.
Its a comedy routine at this point.
Naaaaaaaaaaaah we're fine.
Also for what i've seen gameplay wise, Last year seems the be a huge bully simulator, worse than Friday the 13th soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....
Bye @Blondie129 , was nice knowing you
I did laugh at these too, however, it has recently been confirmed: slither.io is actually taking over.
These are the end days for DBD.
Super Smash Bros will kill DBD.
What was that game where it was like 99 people enter and have to open the gates so everyone can go through, meanwhile the killer is taking them out one by one... and I think every section there's a new killer, or something. It isn't out yet as far as I'm aware, but there was a trailer for it, around the time Last Year was still in the works.
Ohh yeah, I still prefer this style of game than the current fad arena-style elimination match.
Friday the 13th tried pretty hard but failed hilariously hard. Dead by Daylight is just unique in its own way, Last year looks a lot like if Left 4 Dead met Friday the 13th
Just checked Last Year's reddit and current state, game's as dead as Friday's, it's dead Jim, DBD wins yet again
Wait, wasn't it supposed to kill DbD a couple months ago?
I'm not surprised Plu, the game looks pretty damn frustrating and unfair to play as killer, it also doesn't help the fact that it's kind of boring to watch on YouTube
If a chapter spotlight for Dead by Daylight gets more attention and hype than Last Year then game itself, then that's not a good sign
It was boring yeah, i agree, except when people played Strangler, i really liked him, but maybe that's because i was a huge fan of the Smoker when i used to play L4D2 lol.
Last Year, Dying Light, Identity V, F13th... So many games have killed DbD over the years...
Today is opposite day, right?
Charger is my favorite 👍
Nothing is more fun than causing complete chaos and laughing menacingly after you jumped from a roof (or used the rocket boom exploit) to blind and stagger all 4 and seeing them being picked on by your team while they get swarmed.
Boomer is a fun zombie to be, I also like spitter because you can hault the survivors progress and totally wreck survivors being attacked. LOL how did this turn into a Last Year argument into a Left 4 Dead topic XD
Also we really need to see L4D3 at some point, dead zombie hype or not.
Let's see: Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2, Portal 2, DotA 2, Left 4 Dead 2, it's official, Valve can't count to 3
The bugs and the community have always been this way and the game has thrived for nearly 3 years. Safe to say this ######### isn't going to kill the game and Last Year certainly didn't hit DbD very hard at all.
doubt it.
LY doesnt bring anything crazy/new/interesting or worth playing.... yet.
F13 failed hard. This won't be any different. The discord deal doesn't help the game to be popular.
Last time I checked TitanFall 2 will kill Apex Legends...
honestly ttho, it really wont, dbd has hit a point of small but consistent growth, from my pov anyway, and alot of players remain loyal to this game. AYM.
Lets count all the times people have said a game is gonna kill dbd, lets start, this post, f13, etc
the lol button exists for this purpose
This is like saying Apex Legends will kill Fortnite. This, in fact, is not true.
Fortnite has already been dead to me
In all seriousness I hate when people say a game is going to kill another game, you're basically just guaranteeing that the game that is supposed to kill this one will die itself.
Dying Light? Why and how would an open world co op zombie game kill DbD? It was also out a year and a half before DbD.
At the moment last I heard LY doesnt have a progression system and that hurts a game... DBD is closer to adding the content and such that's been asked for then LY .... in short DBD isnt going anywhere
Last Year was Hyped so much but I don't see it dethroning DBD, I'll admit It's a fun game tho.
But we should welcome any competition to DBD.
...
Unfortunately, I think it won't happen, as Valve showed that they don't care about their fans with the bullshit that was Artifact.
I love how we talk more about Valve here, rather than the actual topic of the thread, just shows how meaningless that game is.
It's honestly depressing to realise that HL3 will never be released tho, i really wanna know what happens to Gordon and even Adrian
Surely you must've seen the "totally not a leak of HL3's plot" a while back.
True but dying light 2 will damage this game
I love the irony of it all.
I've never played the Half Life series, but I love the meme of it. Or any Valve game, seriously. Someone already said this, but I'll say it again. Valve can't count to three. Actually to be more ironic, we should leave this thread at two pages.
....How? They're completely different games? In that case you may as well say something like Anthem or The Division will hurt DbD.
To be honest any type of game can kill one, dying light 2's trailer is nice and the graphics are beautiful, the game will only hurt this, not kill it, dbd will stay alive but not die quickly, its the juggernaut of asymmetrical games
Isn't Dying Light 2 releasing on Discord, as opposed to Steam?
They have not announced yet, but most likely on discord, but I play console cause I am a nerd so I get it on xbox store
If it's releasing on Discord, it might as well be releasing in Madagascar, on Friday the 13th, between 1 PM and 2 PM. Publishers are just shooting themselves in the foot by abandoning Steam.
..
I don't know yet tho, but if its a game like this it could be steam
I bet Last Year had plans to include licensed killers and survivors, but since DBD did it first, those plans are pretty much out the door.
I think there is no point in releasing HL3. The game can be as good as possible, but it would still not be good enough to live up to the Hype around it.
Regarding Last Years:
It is boring.
I can't look at this without thinking it's sarcastic all the way through.
Even if OP came to tell me how seriously ######### they find this game, i wouldn't change my mind, whether i want to or not.