Genuine Question - Why does rank reset exist?
Genuine question. I see 0 point of it. All it really does is make bad killers get good survivors, and good survivors get bad survivors so they lose. Doesn't really make sense to me either way? Been stuck at rank 13 since rank reset because I can't rank up, I get a bad killer so I loop them the whole game, the noed pops and I get face camped. I'm just generally confused as to why rank reset is even a thing. Can someone enlighten me?
Comments
I dunno, probably so that you're not stuck at high ranks forever? Every other ranked game has a rank reset
The reason is lv1 players do not feel like having a challenge anymore and may quit playing.
So forcing you to derank, makes a player wanna reach lv 1 again (or a higher level x).
It is such a dirty unfair tecnique DBD adopted for business reasons
Fancy taking a break this month? Well back down to rank 15 you go. Enjoy facecamping wraiths and tunneling trappers.
Well I mean, it punishes everyone not just people who don't play enough. I play for probably a least an hour or two a day and I was sent back to rank 13 from rank 2. So I don't get what you're saying.
Short answer, because eventually everyone would be rank 1 thus defeating the entire point of having a ranked system.
What I'm saying is being rank 1 and going back to 10 isn't so bad but you need to play to grind up a few ranks so you dont get left behind.
However if you dont play much and only go from rank 10 to rank 7 for example, then at reset you'll find yourself slipping far down the ranks to 13 or so. Its much harder to get a good gane here, and if you left it a week before playing then you're boned. Most survivors disconnect and most killers never leave the hook area.
Plus the Devs are so ######### lazy to even give rewards for making it to Rank 1... Just another way of showing there's literally no reason at all for Rank in this game if you can't even give end of the season rewards.
I personally love it. Rank reset is such a lovely mess, we all come together, pros and noobs, diehards and casuals and murder each other. What's not to like?
Same here, since there's no reward i don't see the point of it either
If rank didn't reset, even very bad players would end up in the high ranks, although slower than the good ones. In the last days of the season you can already see that. Rank resets allows for ranks to resettle and be more accurate until it all gets mixed up again.
Everyone would eventually rank up all the way to 1, which would not only make the ranking system completely irrelevant, but also break the matchmaking completely for new players.
It already happens even with rank reset tho, alot of high rank survs/killers are potatoes, SWF creates alot of boosted survs as well
that happens at every rank?
So people who've took a long break can fit in back with the game and be comfortable since they need to catch back up.
Nowhere near as much as green ranks.
I'm in green ranks at the moment and the game is almost unplayable. Every game it's just camp and NOED.
Then it gets even harder when the person being camped either gives up on the hook, or disconnects.
Plus you get people going for the unhook rather than doing gens.
Then you have the fact that in my last game I got all 5 totems and avoided NOED, all down to me. In the next game I got 4 totems and the other 3 survivors didn't manage to do that last 1 totem between them.
It's garbage. Absolute garbage. So boring.
This feels like a punishment. Why? because I made the mistake of not playing much last month until the event.
And all this advice the killer mains give "JuSt CLeAnSE TotEms" "RuSH gEnS" is worthless because I can only control what I do, not what the other 3 survivors do. Which makes the game only worth bothering with in SWF, but then killers cry and dodge SWF games and the cycle continues.
I just feel like until I get to rank 9 and above I'm not going to have any fun. It's like 5 pips per rank, you're looking at over 20 craptastic games to get to a level where the game is actually enjoyable with decent killers and survviors who don't disconnect 30 seconds in.
Because of how nebulous the definition of a "win" and "loss" can be with this game from match to match, getting pips and ranking up is an indicator that you were able to play the game to further your objectives against the other side.
So let's say you put the game down for a couple seasons and then come back to it. You're going to be rusty - yeah there's a lot that's like riding a bike, but you will likely have forgotten finer points that help you outrun the killer or secure your kills. Maybe a few patches have come out that altered small things that end up throwing you off? Maybe a new meta was discovered?
And sure it feels like a kick in the balls to see your rank decrease arbitrarily, and yeah that doesn't fit my "getting rusty" narrative above, but people who are still playing will easily get their rank back up while people not playing remain there.
Being rank 1 and resetting back to 10 is the same #########. It means nothing. If you are still able to do what you need to do you’ll be 1 again in no time. Just take it as if you’re rank 1 and keep playing the game as you always do and when you least expect it you will have a red circle around a skinny number 1, that will, again, mean nothing.
Make the rank reset only for inactive players and problem solved.
Also, if the rank never reset I think should be more ranks, 50 at least, and from rank 10 and up the player should need the equivalent of a double pip for obtaining only one pip and the safe pip (black pip) in the middle of the bar.
Sure but imagine that, but worse
No rank reset would mean sooner or later every singel person in this game would be rank 1 which would be the same as having no ranking system at all.
Sure this ranking system is bad but its better then no ranking system at all. The only thing rank 1 means atm is if you play enough and still cant get it you suck thats it and funnily there are people who are that bad.
Mixes things up I suppose. If there was no rank reset everyone besides new players would be rank 1 making the ranking meaningless. Oh wait, it already is, but it gives the old timers something to do for a few days at least.
The rank reset helps people who have taken a prolonged break ease themselves back into the game before being sent in with people who aren’t rusty in the slightest
Good question. I can't find a reasonable answer to it.
Because everyone would be rank 1 then, its too easy to pip up
It gives something for people to come back to.
Rank resets makes me quit the game more than it motivates me. I honestly dont like the games up to red ranks. They may be fun at first, but its just seal clubbing.
Playtime based matchmaking would work a lot better. Hope they rework their ranking system with the dedicated servers.
Or give us an option to stay at rank 1, if you have been rank 1 for a few seasons already.
Ranking in its current state is pointless. On consoles, it takes forever to find a match at lower ranks and its the only way to de-rank without screwing over other players by disconnecting.
Someone PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME how it's easy to get to rank 1??? Its not... it take time and hard work trying not to lose games and make enough points to level down. And it gets harder the further down you go. I worked my ass off to get level 3.