Prestige rewards are here!!

They added prestige rewards for killer and survivors every 25 levels you get a special badge you can equip

Comments

  • @ninjabsbx said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059225#Comment_4059225

    Okay…. What about Victor? He is not a skin, he is entirely part of the Twins. Like the Charlotte badge is nice and all but I wish Victor also got something. Not to mention Baermar gets a prestige outfit, same with Julie. At least make Susie and Joey's badges be obtainable by purchasing any of their outfits like with Legendary outfits and some outfits that arent legendary.

    I'd say if they aren't doing it for those, I doubt they will for Victor. After all, he is considered "Charlotte's power" and not a separate killer in the true sense.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059215#Comment_4059215

    there is no plans for one for Braemar, Aestri is the default - so it will be the same for Legion as well.

    Baermar can so easily just be put into the portrait with Aestri like he is with their normal portrait in character select, same with the 4 Legion members being easy to put into their art since its already ingame as the normal character select portrait

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059215#Comment_4059215

    there is no plans for one for Braemar, Aestri is the default - so it will be the same for Legion as well.

    This is inexcusable imo, just pure laziness to not honour the players who p100d a character for their love of the non-default characters

    Really, how much money and time would it cost BHVR to create 4 more portraits? It would be completely minimal compared with the money you rake in from the cosmetics bought by the players who main the characters you are choosing to ignore right now.

    Do better please

  • @Jay_Whyask said:

    • Limited time battle pass ✅
    • Limited time modifiers & events ✅
    • Limited time seasonal cosmetics ✅
    • Seasonal cosmetics locked behind an auric cells purchase ✅
    • Limited time cosmetics locked behind Twitch drops ✅
    • Limited time cosmetics locked behind an Email ✅

    But we don't want people to feel pressured to earn prestige rewards. Yeah, I'm convinced.

    Y'know, if they weren't done, or if you didn't want to do it, you could've just said so.

    Agreed, this excuse they keep using rings hollow

    The truth of it is either laziness, or that they want to give everyone equal rewards, and licenses that are willing to give less leniency towards behaviour are bottlenecking our rewards.

    genuinely wish they would stop parroting this bs fomo excuse when the game has only gotten more fomo as time goes on

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059143#Comment_4059143

    This is something that got discussed a lot and it was something that we spoke about on the forums, we never intended making this a big thing where people feel they need to strive for P100, it's more of a nice to have for people who have been able to invest the time into a character. If it was a cosmetic it would definitely feel more "valuable" and a must have for want of a better word (also could be problematic for licences etc), which is definitely not intended with prestiging a character.

    To be fair, limited cosmetics have been a thing for most of the game's lifespan. I don't see how Prestige would be different than the Legacy or Deep Rift skins. If anything, it'd be more accessible (minus licenses) and would give more of an incentive to sink any hoarded BP.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059215#Comment_4059215

    there is no plans for one for Braemar, Aestri is the default - so it will be the same for Legion as well.

    Speaking of, can we please get an update on Baermar? All of his cosmetics have belonged to Aestri for nearly a year now. A statement like this coming now makes it feel like he's irrelevant in the eyes of the team, along with any money we've spent on him.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059215#Comment_4059215

    there is no plans for one for Braemar, Aestri is the default - so it will be the same for Legion as well.

    Thanks for letting me know so I can save tons of time not playing.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059215#Comment_4059215

    there is no plans for one for Braemar, Aestri is the default - so it will be the same for Legion as well.

    Y'all forgot about him so much that you can't remember his name properly… yikes

  • @Kupega said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059225#Comment_4059225

    Y'all forgot about him so much that you can't remember his name properly… yikes

    or ya know, I'm dyslexic so I mix up letters quite a lot

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059215#Comment_4059215

    there is no plans for one for Braemar, Aestri is the default - so it will be the same for Legion as well.

    Utterly ridiculous that you (And by you, I mean BHVR more as a whole) cannot recognize full characters or treat them as such consistently. A badge surely cannot be so much effort that you must exclude the fans of the other 4 characters being excluded here (Julie, Joey, Susie, and Baermar)

    They arent legendaries. They are 'normal' characters, is the gimmick of these options not that they have MULTIPLE options at a base. At the very least, Including Baermar and Julie in their respective icons as they are OFFERED BY DEFAULT

    This is such an inane spit in the face over something so minor; especially in Baermar's case considering he has been REPEATEDLY neglected facing cosmetic issues. I truthfully dont think it is such a task to treat your own full releases with a consistency; especially a licensed one that demands a real dollar value.

    I apologize for coming off as rude, but it is a repeated pattern for this inconsistent treatment and neglect of this kind of thing that leads to a frustration; especially among fans of these characters

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4061917#Comment_4061917

    or ya know, I'm dyslexic so I mix up letters quite a lot

    you're right, that's my bad. very sorry

  • Its okay! No harm done. And i do genuinely understand the depth of feeling here i get how frustrating it is when its a character that you've invested time and BP into. The decision is not in my hands here all me and my team can do is pass on the feedback

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059215#Comment_4059215

    there is no plans for one for Braemar, Aestri is the default - so it will be the same for Legion as well.

    You guys can make a joke badge for “Jim Beam” but not a badge for one half of a survivor DLC whose entire marketing gimmick is that there’s two of them?

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059215#Comment_4059215

    there is no plans for one for Braemar, Aestri is the default - so it will be the same for Legion as well.

    But they're both shown in the portrait … surely there can be a badge for him, or one where they're both shown? 😥

  • I kinda get the rationale for not awarding a cosmetic (only because of licensed characters; if not for that a legendary outfit would be completely appropriate), even if I hate it. But something a bit more than a badge would be appropriate, imo. Like an animated banner to go with the badge, as has been suggested.

    What is totally not cool is not having badges for Baermar and all of the Legion. Not doing legendaries is one thing, but these are distinct, base characters, and it's not like one of them is "canon" or something. I think you have to do all of them.

  • @MarbleThrone said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4059225#Comment_4059225

    But they're both shown in the portrait … surely there can be a badge for him, or one where they're both shown? 😥

    Yeah, not sure why they couldn't just reward two for them. It's not as if it saves too many resources when they're drawing them both anyway.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4061961#Comment_4061961

    Its okay! No harm done. And i do genuinely understand the depth of feeling here i get how frustrating it is when its a character that you've invested time and BP into. The decision is not in my hands here all me and my team can do is pass on the feedback

    I don't want to assume too much but I feel like it would be worth bringing up more often now that you're in the streams. You're essentially our representative and we don't feel as if we're being heard.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    I kinda get the rationale for not awarding a cosmetic (only because of licensed characters; if not for that a legendary outfit would be completely appropriate), even if I hate it. But something a bit more than a badge would be appropriate, imo. Like an animated banner to go with the badge, as has been suggested.

    What is totally not cool is not having badges for Baermar and all of the Legion. Not doing legendaries is one thing, but these are distinct, base characters, and it's not like one of them is "canon" or something. I think you have to do all of them.

    I'd be more annoyed about this if I actually cared about badges. But it's more the principle of it. Like, The Legion are different characters when BHVR want to sell us cosmetics (some of which I bought TWICE before cross progression) and a comic book detailing their lore and back story, but when it comes to creating their P100 icon, nah, it's only Frank who matters. And if you don't play as Frank well too bad I guess, no P100 Legion icon for you. It gives the impression BHVR don't really care about these characters unless it makes them a buck.

  • I do hope we see more badges for non-default characters like Legion and Baermar down the road, and hopefully banners and charms too. This has been a lot of waiting for something that feels very minimal effort.

  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who's astonished by how measly the Prestige reward(s) is.

    With how often they pump out charms, badges, banners, & recolors for the Rifts, I'm dumbfounded they decided to just... not do that for the Prestige system.

    They even went & made the Prestige menu look similar to the Rift for some reason.

    I find it hard to believe they couldn't find a good reason to make it like-

    • Original character - Charm, Badge, Banner, Recolor of default outfit
    • Licensed character - Shards, Badge, Banner, shards

    Like, at this point, just uncapping the Prestige limit would be a better reward.

    Being able to get to prestige 101 & beyond is way cooler than 4 copies of one badge.

    Just do that.

  • As a main of a Legendary skin, I am kind of bummed. Though, I am a P100 Pig main so I will have her…. just sucks I can't have a Robin portrait or a Claire portrait with the effect

1 2 ›