What are some of the biggest missplays you see a lot by your team mate sin 2v8?
One of the most common is someone coming up to a nearly finished gen demanding to be healed they refuse to finish the gen one person gets off the gen to heal them. Killer comes gen never gets finished because 1 or 2 other people weren't on the gen.
Comments
Most common is just doing the wrong gens, resulting in the equivalent of a 3-gen.
Oh yes, I sometimes find myself yelling at the screen "just do the gen! I'll take the hit if he comes, just do the darn gen!" 😅 it's also why Empathy is always in my build, alot of people are too scared to do anything while injured.
Usually it’s just people who are terrible at looping and get downed immediately after chase starts
When you killmate is doing literally nothing the entire match and you're basically playing 8v1
I've found it painfully annoying to play 2v8 survivor because the second it goes to 1 generator everyone decides it's not their problem and don't do any generators. It's infuriating because half the time this is only the result because they 5-gen themselves due to only wanting to do the corner gens.
Does Killer Teammates Count: The most Common ive seen is never pressuring the right Gens or area's:
Numerous times I have Teammates leave exit gates that are open leaving me by myself and letting Survivors escape. I also see them AFKing middle of the match and blaming me for losing
Empathy is my personal meta perk. So useful.
@topic as others have said: doing the wrong gens and not doing the last one. Also, dragging the killer to my gen because I'm a Guide. I've learned to put my blastmine on an adjacent gen so they go to that one.
Unhooking in the killers faces, resulting in you immediately getting downed and hooked again. Or they don't unhook at all and you get to see 5 teammates either stand still, run back and forth, do a totem/chest, pat pat each other or hide in a corner while the other 2 are in chase, and after you've hit second stage and are two seconds from being dead, that's when they unhook you in the killer's face 🫠 so yeah, would definitely not recommend soloq-ing in 2v8.
The other is them having forgotten the pain that was getting 3-gend.
-All 7 people not noticing 1 one in a cage
-not fighting for progressed gens when its the last generator, as regression is insanely fast in 2v8
-torchbearers following killers around forgetting they can be revealed very easily, then either failing to get saves by flashlighting their back, or going down as a 2 for 1 deal
-survivors not sharing their knowledge of green flasks to survivors who need them. Or going down next to one showing the killers where they are.
-survivors healing infront of a blue flask
-medics using their ability on someone who still has to mend
-lots of accidental sandbagging
-Killer teammate being baited to chase a good looper for several generators
Yeah 5 gen of tortue the game may went fast for you but if its 5 gen than two killers can protect that quite easily.
This is big fat fact people thing they are ok but its like stoping bike before you reached top of that big hill you ride into and than it can gonwrong fast, not to mention people doing only corner gens on sides of the map with the safest ones like top of dead saloon in main or in asylum main the top one (not lesving them for later to create harder gen for deffending for killers because from like nurse,dracula the rest cant protect it well or they will have tone of time like trapper) this poor choice leads to many loses especialy when its like 4-6 survivors slivd on last gen they tend to more play for hatch than just pushing for win which van bd annoing.
Had a game just now with 5 of us left. Two were being chased across map somewhere (no terror radius nearby), I was injured and ran to the gate where two others were. One exited, the other tried to heal me but it was better to leave to give the others a chance at hatch so I did. Other survivor decided to run back into match, preventing hatches from spawning 🙄 i spectated and watched all 3 die.
Being so close to someone on hook but working on a gen with no progress instead going for save, leaving the hooked teammate to go into second phase inevitably because the killer ends up coming along chasing them further away.
On the complete other end of the spectrum, the whole team going for the saves leaving nobody touching gens.
Another scenario is 3 to 4 people working on the same gen instead of splitting to a different one - it's inefficient and very easy for killers to get multiple downs
EDIT - The "flashlight" class in general... just its existence, is a huge help to killers (for many reasons)
Seven Survivors running to one person to unhook…
Way to many times…
This is why some form of Kindred is needed, even if it's limited to showing Survivors who are within a certain range of the caged Survivor.
I wouldn´t say Kindred is needed.
Just let me as Survivor log in a hook which is shown on the HUD that I am going for the unhook.
Like Alien can choose his exit before moving.
This would help Soloque only since SWFs already know that I will go. While aura read still can be abused.
Getting a Trapper on my team or Ghostface. Its GG's. lol
The trapper teammate I had was so bad. Bro only got one survivor in a trap all game out of 8 survivors. It was painful. I was oni so the blood scarce.
I think its more just the player in that situation. Ive had lots of success as naughty bear and ghost face, sometimes even getting half the team marked/downed at once lol
Swarming hooks and piling onto the first few gens as opposed to spreading out, from what I've seen. The amount of times I've been unhooking a teammate, healing them, then seeing 4 people ditch a gen to sprint over and help with the last 12% of the heal is ridiculous.
As for gens, sure, we burn the first 1-3 quickly, but end up with a 2v8 version of a 3 gen (5 gen?) because we cleared spawn so quickly. If against a mobile killer, we just end up with 6 members of an 8-man team pressured off gens massively killing progress.
Honorable mention to the torchbearer guys that crouch in the world's most obvious bush, giving away extra downs/injuries for the sake of an ill-advised hero play.
Do we really need to clutter the HUD any more than it already is? The only additional thing I can see being useful for the HUD is some kind of resolve bar like in 1v4, that could tell us when the cage is about to be moved.
The main thing that frustrates me is being left to go second because everyone thinks someone else is going to go for the save. The other is everyone jumping on the first nearby gens they see at the start of the trial.
I've gotten into the habit of raiding a chest and then running into the map because I know the Killers will soon find everyone clustered around a handful of gens and there will be a couple of cages heading my way. There's also plenty of accidental sandbagging, but I don't get mad about that because 2V8's so chaotic it's more or less unavoidable.
On the Killer side, it would be teammates forgetting to patrol gens or over committing to chases. I like taking a Killer on a longish chase as Survivor, but there's pretty much no reason to chase for a long time as Killer in 2V8 unless you've killed half the lobby already. Get an injury if you can but if the Survivor is juicing you, you are always better off finding someone else to chase.
General lack of efficiency. Teammates constantly double and triple gens, don't spread out, etc. Really, really basic stuff that they fail to understand. The game does a really poor job of teaching survivors how to play, and it shows in this mode. It needs to be made much more clear that multiple survivors on a gen is slower.
For killer teammates: a lot of times they just don't down people with any regularity. I've had games where I hit 40k points on killer and we got a 2k.
Hovering for a save when im at zero hooks and the dude is death-hook.
(Thanks for adding lightbearer class bhvr, ######### happens every game now 😒 )
THIS. Or players running directly to the first gen they see and getting chased off of it first thing as the Killers beeline for the other side of the map.
Doing gens on outside first or only one side entirely. Running the killer(s) at the guides on gens, then not hopping on the gen the guide has now been chased away from to stop regression. If grouped up on a gen, instead of returning when it's obvious the killer is after the other player after kicking the gen the players just leave it to regress back to 0. Running chases around the unfinished gens instead of away to the finished gens.
As killer playing as Trapper: Teammates just completely ignoring the caught survivor next to them when they can see my aura across the map and I obviously won't make it in time. Nemi players using their tentacle on a trapped player that wasn't infected giving them a free escape.
i feel like half of my matches i lose because towards the end of game majority of people are looking for those stupid free hook vials instead of pushing thru.
I had medics move heaven and earth to chase me, a fellow medic and force their power on me to heal me. please....stop! medics don't want to be healed fully so they can abuse no scratch marks so they can make rescues. please stop following me!
I have two.
Spreading out has already been covered, but I think that's a big one. I think there are different reasons for spreading out in 2v8 compared to 1v4 - as teaming up on gens is a much better strategy in 2v8. With how cage spawns work you want survivors all around the map, lest the danger of someone spawning in a corner and none of the other seven realizing no one is nearby.
My other is probably people not playing around their hook states. If multiple survivors are on death hook really annoying to see an unhooked survivor repairing a corner gen. Death hook survivors should play cautious, while those who are fresh should attack the riskier gens.
Lets list some main ones in bullets:
There's just no way that survivors are selling this hard when the game mode is so easy for them if they just think. Like atp the game mode is chaotic only because people run around too often like headless chickens
Biggest issue I see is that gens are being done in the corners first, which makes it much easier for the killers to pressure the unfinished ones
"a wise survivor repairs a generator whose light they will never see"
To be fair, healing near a gen can be quite benefitial. The loud sounds of the gen muffle the pain grunts and the fearmonger reveals you when a gen is finished and you're unhooked. A healthy survivors is a better body block.^^
Most frustrating for me is not to get unhooked or better uncaged in time, especially when I was good the chase before I got caught (doesn't happen to often though) However, sometimes, when you are caged you are so far away, it actually hard to get saved in the first place. On the other hand, that wouldn't half of the time be aa problem if survivors would spread out more.
To be fair, healing near a gen can be quite benefitial. The loud sounds of the gen muffle the pain grunts and the fearmonger reveals you when a gen is finished and you're unhooked. A healthy survivors is a better body block.^^
Most frustrating for me is not to get unhooked or better uncaged in time, especially when I was good the chase before I got caught (doesn't happen to often though) However, sometimes, when you are caged you are so far away, it actually hard to get saved in the first place. On the other hand, that wouldn't half of the time be aa problem if survivors would spread out more.