Console End Game Chat
I understand that the game was made for PC and consoles got the short end of the stick graphically and optimally, but lately the devs have added quality of life contents to console to make it run smoother. The only thing i feel the game on console is missing now is an end game chat box. Though i understand that our controllers dont have built in keyboards, we can select the characters needed to communicate with one another or we could just invest in a keyboard add on to the controller. I know its much to ask but i feel it will bring DBD Console version closer to home.
Comments
~sees the level of toxicity on end game chat~
Nah, I think we're fine without it.
Honestly, the only thing consoles have going for it is that it lacks the end game chat window.
Same here! I play a lot of killer and I get hate messages from survivors. I turned mine to friends only as well.
Adjustable commands of course, just like in monster hunter. Nobody wants to type gg after a matchin DBD
OKAY THIS IS ACTUALLY REALLY IMPORTANT.
On consoles, when people are toxic, they have to DM you, so they can't get punished by BHVR for poor sportsmanship. It would contain the toxicity, and keep it in context. This really needs to be added.
That's why you report them to Microsoft/Sony (depending on the platform) and never respond to them in any way. Microsoft in particular is usually quicker with the ban hammer.
You know how long it took to type a message with a controller when I was on console? You guys really want that? There's the PSN app, but still....
It'd still be nicer for everyone to keep it in context. There's a lot taken out if you just read chat logs from console dms
IDK about end game chat, but I wish it was a bit easier to send messages after a game. I almost always send a GG as both killer and surv, but on Xbox it's a bit cumbersome. I have to click the name, click message, then type GG either with my keyboard or the onscreen keyboard. It's a bit of a hassle, especially as killer, but I do it to be a good sport. If there was maybe a button you could click that would automatically send "GG
" and nothing else that would be best. Then if they want to send other messages, whatever that may be, they have to go through that process above. It's a pipe dream though.
I don't care what someone is saying, I'm saying it would be better overall if there was an in game chat for consoles.
When a random survivor adds me to a group and begins typing it's like a present when you try guess what you are getting
I made this same post a long ass time ago, and I pretty much got the same responses you're getting Cypher XD.
The lack of end game chat is one of the blessings of console honestly. Rather not have it at all.
Be glad, this way you can rely on sony/microsoft that actually bann for toxicity, BHVR wont give a damn
"sweaty console players" Cant use both in the same sentence
I do not care. It gets way more personal since the chats are just DMs. Having an in game chat would reduce and contain the toxic people.
Trust me, it doesnt work.
Players will just use all means of communication to insult you, we have experienced this on steam already and DBD has been the only game why I had to turn off profile comments, its just pathetic.....
Yeah? So adding the chat for consoles would make it so the only messages are the ones being sent in game. The messages would also be under scrutiny of the other players, so people would consciously think about what they're going to say.
As I said, they would just insult you BOTH ingame AND via DM. Doesnt change anything
I disagree. Why would they DM you if they have the chat?
I dont know, but thats what happened on steam too.
dont want it
its just a venting ground and if I wanted to speak to people I’d go outside thanks
Trust me, consoles are toxic enough. People are already willing to go the extra mile to privately message you. They don't need to make it any easier.
I'd prefer to make people to go the extra mile to send me stuff like this.


This was lovely little rank 2 boosted member of a swf who was salty because his friends hook swarmed. Since all 3 were their with him on the hook i had no reason to move. I baited them to unhook him and swatted him down for another hook and 3 more points. He sent me 2 love letters in the form of a voice messages and than articulated the rest of his thoughts with messages encase i was deaf.
real quality salt there

I like my Meg with the middle finger.

what were the voice messages?
Similar to what he wrote. Imagine some guy in his 20's throwing a temper tantrum yelling at you with racist messages telling you to harm yourself.
wow an adult too i was expecting a young child that just learned what swearing was
@friendlykillermain sadly no this was an "adult". I had my psn chat turned off for a long time and finally turned it back on this summer. I figure if you decide to send me something stupid i will just report you and say something to infuriate you more on your way to a temp ban.
So you want the cesspool that is end game PC chat? Uhh...why XD
The endgame salt in here, may be old but its still funny