I hope you will be happy now

IMG_20250805_201230.jpg

So the Fog Vial opacity is getting reverted back to its PTB value. This is good, as this was a tad too much basekit.

Except...

  1. We still have the PTB nerf that reduced the size of the cloud to 8 meters.
  2. Fog Vials will have their rechargeability removed (as confirmed by the Community Manager), and replaced with amount of uses.
  3. The Iri now absolutely sucks. Who in their right mind would out this thing on?

These are not the end of the world, and maybe some other things will get adjusted, but it seems like the hiding in the Fog is over.

I just hope that this will be enough to satisfy people.

Comments

  • If i am not mistaken the fog vials were map-dependant due to the map lighting (i saw a video with the comparion but i cannot remember where).

    On some maps you can clearly see the survivor even when he is far from you already and on some others at the moment the vial is used the survivor just dissapears. And this is on base fog vial without addons.

    However i must say that, i don't know if it was because of the map or because the survivors were using the iri addon, but there were times where the fog vial was just a big "nah bruh i win chase now" button, as the survivor did just dissapear completely without leaving traces and it was just in front of me when he used it.

    I think they should have its uses but you shoulnd't just automatically win the chase because you used it.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978032#Comment_3978032

    Putting my gen build back on as we speak. Commodious toolbox with wire spool and scraps, Built to Last, Prove Thyself, Deja Vu. These gens get done in five minutes. Join me.

    I would, but I've been so frustrated with BHVR's treatment of the Survivor role of late, it's better for me to walk away from Survivor for the time being. If I do touch this game, I'm gonna stick to playing Legion and a handful of other Killers for now.

    Honestly, they spend all that time developing the first interesting, unique, useful new item in years only to immediately turn it into blood web clutter you'd only bring for the "vibes" to give your endgame mori a bit of extra spooky atmosphere. Half the game is currently on fire, players don't even know what their intended opacity is meant to be because there's no consistency across the maps and yet they think now is the time to make balancing decisions about a goofy item we've had for no more than 2 weeks. I just… Ugh.

    (can you tell I'm still mad about this?)

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978319#Comment_3978319

    I would, but I've been so frustrated with BHVR's treatment of the Survivor role of late, it's better for me to walk away from Survivor for the time being. If I do touch this game, I'm gonna stick to playing Legion and a handful of other Killers for now.

    Honestly, they spend all that time developing the first interesting, unique, useful new item in years only to immediately turn it into blood web clutter you'd only bring for the "vibes" to give your endgame mori a bit of extra spooky atmosphere. Half the game is currently on fire, players don't even know what their intended opacity is meant to be because there's no consistency across the maps and yet they think now is the time to make balancing decisions about a goofy item we've had for no more than 2 weeks. I just… Ugh.

    (can you tell I'm still mad about this?)

    I gave up survivor a few months back. I think the planned matchmaking improvements might help the role, but there's that pessimistic part of me that says they won't do what they need to do because it will make things harder for the competitive folk. And considering how quickly they've caved on fog vials, I dont hold much hope for whatever Phase 2 anti-tunnelling and anti-slugging they might be working on. But we'll see.

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978319#Comment_3978319

    I would, but I've been so frustrated with BHVR's treatment of the Survivor role of late, it's better for me to walk away from Survivor for the time being. If I do touch this game, I'm gonna stick to playing Legion and a handful of other Killers for now.

    Honestly, they spend all that time developing the first interesting, unique, useful new item in years only to immediately turn it into blood web clutter you'd only bring for the "vibes" to give your endgame mori a bit of extra spooky atmosphere. Half the game is currently on fire, players don't even know what their intended opacity is meant to be because there's no consistency across the maps and yet they think now is the time to make balancing decisions about a goofy item we've had for no more than 2 weeks. I just… Ugh.

    (can you tell I'm still mad about this?)

    I looked at the post.

    It's really odd how the Vials work.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978241#Comment_3978241

    Forgive me for asking, but, you mean the 10% opacity version?

    Because, yes, that one was relatively fine. I would just personally replace one of the current downsides with it taking away charges/increasing the cooldown significantly.

    Yeah, I don't see why they need to nerf Iri with basekit nerf on top of it. Do one or another, not both.
    Double nerfs are plague of bhvr and so many things gone completely due to these double nerfs. Medusa's Hair was addon which everyone was running, and after double nerf I didn't see it at all, for example.

    But besides it, I think it's fine nerf. And I'm pretty sure they will give to Vials like 4-5 charges what will result in no difference with them being endless, because you don't use it more than 4-5 times per match on average anyway.
    Ideally, I would make it 35% opacity in basekit, 3 charges only, Iri addon +10% opacity and -1 charge.

    But I'm glad we don't wait for another year or two to nerf them, it's not Vials fault that Sables use it a second before hit and then cry here that it's "useless". People would have learned how to use them properly in a month or two, and it would be nightmare to play against them in their current state.

    @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978298#Comment_3978298

    Looking at BHVR's past nerfs, they do love the double nerfs to stuff deemed too strong.

    STBFL, Ruin, Iron Will, Blood Amber and now Fog Vials.

    Why Blood Amber is here? It's finally in a semi-fair state over 8 years. Since when old OoO on button isn't strong enough for anyone to ask for buffs, lol?

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978619#Comment_3978619

    I gave up survivor a few months back. I think the planned matchmaking improvements might help the role, but there's that pessimistic part of me that says they won't do what they need to do because it will make things harder for the competitive folk. And considering how quickly they've caved on fog vials, I dont hold much hope for whatever Phase 2 anti-tunnelling and anti-slugging they might be working on. But we'll see.

    Me either.

    My optimism for the QoL initiative has evaporated almost entirely by this point. Especially since their "solution" to hardcore slugging has been to give Survivors the option to DC without penalty as soon as the last Survivor hits the dirt. Gee BHVR, really spoiling us with that one.

    There's also the recent inconsistent application of the Kill switch. Survivors had to play against the only killer in the game for weeks when Springtrap had a bug that made them invisible AND face the wrong direction when throwing his axe. But I guess the community didn't kick up enough of a stink, so we all just had to eat it up (For the record, I think Streetwise and Last Stand should have been kill switched the instant the bugs were discovered. I just didn't want to join the dogpile in saying so).

    It's not so much about the vial itself, but BHVR's knee jerk turbo nerf to it. Really feels like they got baited into giving them premature early nerfs by players that don't really want to see vials in the game at all.

    Anyway, I could go on but I've said my piece and I've got to pick my battles or else I'd never shut up!

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978242#Comment_3978242

    I disagree.

    Keys are almost perfect now, with Blood Amber only requiring the charges nerf to be removed to be perfect.

    Maps do need more things to track, true, and some adjustments are needed, but mechanically they are an improvement (mechanically being the key word here, not in the variety department, that one got truly nerfed)

    Keys are very limited and blood amber is basically nothing

  • @fussy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978567#Comment_3978567

    Yeah, I don't see why they need to nerf Iri with basekit nerf on top of it. Do one or another, not both.
    Double nerfs are plague of bhvr and so many things gone completely due to these double nerfs. Medusa's Hair was addon which everyone was running, and after double nerf I didn't see it at all, for example.

    But besides it, I think it's fine nerf. And I'm pretty sure they will give to Vials like 4-5 charges what will result in no difference with them being endless, because you don't use it more than 4-5 times per match on average anyway.
    Ideally, I would make it 35% opacity in basekit, 3 charges only, Iri addon +10% opacity and -1 charge.

    But I'm glad we don't wait for another year or two to nerf them, it's not Vials fault that Sables use it a second before hit and then cry here that it's "useless". People would have learned how to use them properly in a month or two, and it would be nightmare to play against them in their current state.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978570#Comment_3978570

    Why Blood Amber is here? It's finally in a semi-fair state over 8 years. Since when old OoO on button isn't strong enough for anyone to ask for buffs, lol?

    Blood Amber is there because it did get two downsides at once alongside a rarity increase.

    Tbf it is relatively fine.

  • @oecrophy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978392#Comment_3978392

    I don’t think items are necessary to counter specific killer powers — but they definitely make things easier. Just like I can bring stronger add-ons on the flip side.
    So… no, I’m totally fine with it. Toolboxes can be huge help once I start tunneling hard. Good flashlight saves? I take it. GG if it works and its a nice flashy save. And : I didn’t bring Lightborn. Same goes for flashbangs. Medkits are strong tools too.
    And if people want to go for sabo plays — that’s fine by me. I can always slug, and they better be ready for a rough match. Bringing sabo into a match is super high risk.

    But: toolboxes are strong and super limited. Flashlights are often counterable (not always), and even when they aren’t — someone has to leave their gen, get into position, and if they want to make it easier, they have to sacrifice a perk slot for PGP.

    The fog, on the other hand? You just spam it. No skill, no thought about when to use it or what moment to save it for… no positioning needed.
    Sure, good positioning makes it stronger — but you can also just pop it early and spam it brainlessly.

    So yup, I think it’s a good thing that it now takes some skill and thought to decide when, where, and how to use the item strategically during the match and not just.. "I can spam it anyways."

    The fact that you say “spam it brainlessly “ speaks volumes. You have never played survivor. If you had you wouldn’t make such an ignorant comment.

  • @PuddleOfBludd said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978405#Comment_3978405

    The fact that you say “spam it brainlessly “ speaks volumes. You have never played survivor. If you had you wouldn’t make such an ignorant comment.

    4545454.jpg

    You have never played survivor.

    I doubt so.

  • yeah the only uses I see for it at this point after testing with another person switching out between killer and survivor is using it as a brief diversion at like the start of the match or for like bbq when you know they’re b-lining it to you anyways. You can see right through it in a lot of places even outside of it with the highest potency. Basekit is laughable. I’m convinced these people where everything is super bright have their brightness pushing up there. Accessibility issues aside. If you make it any weaker people not pushing for an advantage with shaders or with normal eyesight will not use this.

    IMG_0535.jpeg IMG_0534.jpeg

    just in case anyone was wondering what the “killer sees on console and pc” and this is without chase even initiated and no shaders on either platform.

  • @Deadman7600 said:

    I don't say this to invalidate what you're feeling, but maybe hold off on the uninstall. Fog vials are very new, they were never not gonna be tossed around and messed with like this because BHVR needs to see how they work best.

    I still forsee fog-vials having good things in their future. And hopefully the limit isn't low like 1 or 2 but is something like 4 or 5. Also remember that the next chapter is an original chapter and it'd be a shame if there were no perks surrounding this item since there are so many concepts and ideas they could provide.

    edit: adding this to illustrate my first point

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0O57KOPWSMOP/image.png

    unfortunately no one is using them now, so either the perception of the nerf is too great and killed the item OR double nerfing it was actually too much, aaannd no one will use them. Medkits and toolboxes will continue to be the best items to bring

  • @cburton311 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3978071#Comment_3978071

    unfortunately no one is using them now, so either the perception of the nerf is too great and killed the item OR double nerfing it was actually too much, aaannd no one will use them. Medkits and toolboxes will continue to be the best items to bring

    Pretty sure it was the change to make the LOS blocker item…not block LOS…

  • @Jacknalls_Paw said:

    • They complain that no new items have been released for survivors for years.
    • A new item is finally released.
    • They complain that a new item has been released.
    • They want that item to be nerfed until it becomes unusable.
    • They will complain that no one will use that item and that the same ones will always be used.

    A continuous loop, a community base of incredible whiners who refuse to adapt to the game's new features, even the most insignificant ones.

    Are we pretending that they weren't severely over-tuned? Nobody asked for them to be nuked, people complained because they were too much. There are many videos over the internet already explaining the issues with them and how brainlessly easy it was to use fog vial + iri addon and either break chase entirely or extend chase dramatically.

    I don't understand this idea of
    Group A: Has something overpowered
    Group B: This is overpowered and is making the game unfun, this needs to be changed/fixed
    BHVR: Drops the sun on whatever it is
    Group A: "This is all your fault, Group B!!!"

    Be upset at BHVR's inability to gradually adjust things instead of just annihilating it like the million times before.

  • @Metagamer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977948#Comment_3977948

    Are we pretending that they weren't severely over-tuned? Nobody asked for them to be nuked, people complained because they were too much. There are many videos over the internet already explaining the issues with them and how brainlessly easy it was to use fog vial + iri addon and either break chase entirely or extend chase dramatically.

    I don't understand this idea of
    Group A: Has something overpowered
    Group B: This is overpowered and is making the game unfun, this needs to be changed/fixed
    BHVR: Drops the sun on whatever it is
    Group A: "This is all your fault, Group B!!!"

    Be upset at BHVR's inability to gradually adjust things instead of just annihilating it like the million times before.

    It was brainlessly easy to see through them prior to the nerf. Now they might as well not exist and the iri add on will be worse than Oni's. If you would like to see brainless I suggest you check out current Clown (wasn't nerfed at all in the hotfix despite far more negative feedback from both sides both on PTB and live).

  • Yeah so, after playing with them today, I'm confident in my original first impression that the opacity should be reverted back to 40%, this was the wrong nerf. Give them the limited charges next week, revert the opacity, and they will be fine. They are too easy to see through now (unless you get one of the maps they are bugged on).

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3979040#Comment_3979040

    It was brainlessly easy to see through them prior to the nerf. Now they might as well not exist and the iri add on will be worse than Oni's. If you would like to see brainless I suggest you check out current Clown (wasn't nerfed at all in the hotfix despite far more negative feedback from both sides both on PTB and live).

    I never said I agreed with the state of Clown, it is just as much of a problem for the game. But the iri addon for fog vials was ridiculous. They "nerfed" it from the PTB but then actually increased the base opacity of fog vials from 33% to 40%, meaning they barely changed from the PTB outside of the iri having downsides. All you had to do is drop it in a place where you could go multiple different directions and it was a total guessing game in your favour.

1 2 ›