Crows above head for being idle
I completely get the purpose of the crows above your head when you're AFK or just sitting in a corner / locker for too long.
But i think the crows shouldn't spawn on your head too soon with too many people alive. Yesterday i played against a camping billy, it was just me and the other survivor. I got close to where he was hooked to block BBQ & Chili since there wasn't really a locker around me. I ended up behind some tires. The Billy just walked in small circles around the hook, i couldn't leave my location or i would be seen. And sure enough, after walking around the tires a couple of times, a crow spawned above my head, i immediately ran, got caught and i was game ended.
This is a situation where crows shouldn't spawn on top of my head. I think it should only spawn on the last survivor within this time. And with more survivors it should take a longer time. The crows really fcked me up that time while i was just playing the game normally.
But i think the crows shouldn't spawn on your head too soon with too many people alive. Yesterday i played against a camping billy, it was just me and the other survivor. I got close to where he was hooked to block BBQ & Chili since there wasn't really a locker around me. I ended up behind some tires. The Billy just walked in small circles around the hook, i couldn't leave my location or i would be seen. And sure enough, after walking around the tires a couple of times, a crow spawned above my head, i immediately ran, got caught and i was game ended.
This is a situation where crows shouldn't spawn on top of my head. I think it should only spawn on the last survivor within this time. And with more survivors it should take a longer time. The crows really fcked me up that time while i was just playing the game normally.
Comments
I support the AFK crow timer being paused if you're within a certain distance of the Killer (but not based on TR), without any notification that this is occurring. Stealth sometimes requires you to stay hidden and wait for an opportunity to move, and it's not like you can make the Killer leave or look elsewhere by default.
That said, it would need some exceptions, mainly surrounding hatch stand-offs and when there's only one Survivor remaining. Also, Diversion was created exactly for situations like this.
I've found Diversion works really well on Billy, bubba and Wraith the rest not so much sadly.
Yes it comes too soon i agree
I think the crows shouldn't appear while someone is on the hook.
The other guy used deliverance to get himself off the hook, and forgot to go into a locker to hide from bbq & chili. But hey, that's the solo player's life, a team who has no idea what's going on.
Diversion works on any bad player. But it might work on Doc, because he is playing the Explosion simulator
I hate survivors that camp together with the killer. In such a case I usually suicide on hook.
Why the hell are you there that long??!!
If the killer is camping that hard, and you can't draw them off, just go do something else! #########'a!
Break totems. Do gens. If there is a gen in visual of the killer, do that. Break a totem in visual range!
Further our progress to escape so either my sacrifice isn't in vain, or I don't have to survive any longer than I have to!
The killer might even know you're there! Why would a killer that hasn't left before, leave all of a sudden?
If i left my position, i was out in the open. I literally couldn't leave so i was just hoping for the best.
I agree, in those situations the crows should be nerfed, there are times when I shouldn't get a crow but get one anyway.
After this, the crows should be buffed. If you are the last survivor remaining alive, after a certain period of time, a crow should appear on top of your head in order to prevent game hostage situations. I don't think it should give sound notifications to the killer but just so that when you are close, you can hear the crow as a killer.
Billy probably forgot to slug to prevent the hatch play on top of that.
Speaking of, you couldn't go for the hatch? I'd want you to go find the hatch if it were me hooked and being secure kill camped.
If you play stealthy you're going to be hard to find. Killers have terrible eyesight. You might be surprised at what you can get away with.
I litterally had a game go on for twenty minutes after third survivor was killed, and only one gen and all totems were done. No crows. I looked everywhere, listened for the caws, patrolled the gens that remained untouched, there was no sign of the last survivor. After twenty minutes, one of the spectating survivors started messaging me, telling me that the last player had been hiding in the same locker the whole time, and bragging to the survivor group in chat that he'd get me to rage quit and get a loss. In the end he told me which locker to look in, and I secured the final kill.
I don't know if AFK crows are bugged on PS4, but I have had several situations like this, and I can only remember a single time where I spotted some crows circling in the distance, helping me find the last survivor.
Long story short, I'd like to see the crows working properly, before seeing a nerf.
I think they should make it so that crows don't spawn when you are close to the killer/inside the terror radius.
Or at least they should appear slower, much slower
What if you do a locker juke and the killer keeps circling the area around the locker you're in?
It's just unlogical for the crows to spawn so quickly and without being the last survivor too
The problem with using the TR is that not all killers have the same radius (plus perks alter range). This would still cause inconsistent idle times and not completely fix the problem.
The situation the OP mentioned (I agree it sucks) is a rare occurrence and can easily be avoided by positioning yourself better. I know the OP said they were trying to avoid the detection of BBQ but you can use gen auras, lockers, or simply get within radius (its much larger than you realize). It sounds like the OP made a poor choice in hiding where he/she did and although it would be nice for the game to realize he/she wasn't actually AFK I don't feel this is a fix the team needs to be focusing right now. Heaven knows they have a lot more to fix first...
I think it should stay how it is, you put yourself there. Should’ve tried to find an opening xD
I have to disagree. There is no situation where you get a crow over your head that you didn't deserve it. There is no "solution" to the problem because there is no problem. Any so called solution you come up with would make the game worse.
Even in the scenario described by the OP, there were other options available. For instance you could have hidden in a locker to hide your aura from BBQ. Or you could have positioned yourself better while being close enough not to trigger BBQ. The range from the hook is pretty lenient really.
It takes 60 seconds for the first crow to appear. If you cannot find a way out before that, I see no issue with the spawn.
I don't think you should get leniency because you positioned yourself in a spot where you couldn't move because of The Killers Patrol
I really dont mind idle crows...until I have to take a pee break. I just duck into a locker, and when I get back there's ALWAYS idle crows. I am usually only gone for about 30-40 seconds. It's ridiculous.
Doesn't help that I have a medical condition which caused frequent urination....
*le sigh*
Holy thread revival!
Just use a bottle like a reasonable person, gosh