Thanks for nerfing Wake Up

I've been saying for years that this perk is way too strong, and its pick and escape rates go to show

image.png

Truly a deserved change

Comments

  • @ratcoffee said:

    I've been saying for years that this perk is way too strong, and its pick and escape rates go to show

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/85DV81ZPIOGZ/image.png

    Truly a deserved change

    I know you're being sarcastic but these are actually really good stats for a perk. 1% of all players use it, 33% of the time they escape. And I'm guessing it's the weaker "roach out" type players who are doing this. Imagine if good players started playing like that.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/437471/thanks-for-nerfing-wake-up

    I know you're being sarcastic but these are actually really good stats for a perk. 1% of all players use it, 33% of the time they escape. And I'm guessing it's the weaker "roach out" type players who are doing this. Imagine if good players started playing like that.

    We actually had a really cool discussion on why "roach out" players probably wouldn't be included in nightlight's stats, if you wanna give the rest of the thread a peek (I know it's easy to skip some of the later posts in a thread if an early one catches your eye but I figured it's easier pointing out those later posts rather than repeating myself)

  • @NarkoTri1er said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877943#Comment_3877943

    because devs officially said that they technically can't determine when kobe was used in an "go next" manner and when not. Solution: remove kobe, unless you have dedicated perks.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877965#Comment_3877965

    do a full record of a match where somebody does it, file a report to BHVR and see report feedback and action taken for griefing.

    Yeah... that would be a false report which is bannable. Playing way you don't like is not griefing.

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878050#Comment_3878050

    Yeah... that would be a false report which is bannable. Playing way you don't like is not griefing.

    playing the way...i don't like? You want to tell me that refusing to do your objectives is simply playing the way just i don't like? Sorry, but with this mentality you should either stick to singleplayers.

  • @buggybug said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877551#Comment_3877551

    Must be a you only thing. I never experienced being sandbag or selfish plays from a person using using wake up which again those players I met like maybe 1 time in 5 months+.

    If you wanna talk about sandbag, selfish people and rats I shall remind you that is done by people using these perks.

    Bond/aftercare/empathetic connection/empathy/ deception/diversion/red herring/urban and fixated. Those are the perks I tend to experience people who hide or sandbag others for their own benefits not wake up users.

    The person opening the gate fast while am running injured on death hook has indirectly and directly saved me many times because of their aura reveal.

    Yup. Bond and Fixated are superior for true rat strategies.

    Now we have to nerf Bond, guys. It's for our own good, just trust.

  • @NarkoTri1er said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878111#Comment_3878111

    playing the way...i don't like? You want to tell me that refusing to do your objectives is simply playing the way just i don't like? Sorry, but with this mentality you should either stick to singleplayers.

    BHVR devs have stated that the only thing that matters for survivors is getting out. They don't care if you do gens or loop the killer or rescue your teammates. They only care about whether you escape or not.

    Besides, doesn't the tutorial or the store blurb have something like 'Help your fellow survivors… Or don't.' in it?

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878137#Comment_3878137

    BHVR devs have stated that the only thing that matters for survivors is getting out. They don't care if you do gens or loop the killer or rescue your teammates. They only care about whether you escape or not.

    Besides, doesn't the tutorial or the store blurb have something like 'Help your fellow survivors… Or don't.' in it?

    The killer tutorial says that killers should do everything in their power to stop survivors.

    Camping, tunneling, and slugging are part of "everything in their power", so I guess the official game rules say it's fine for killers to do these things as much as possible.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878137#Comment_3878137

    BHVR devs have stated that the only thing that matters for survivors is getting out. They don't care if you do gens or loop the killer or rescue your teammates. They only care about whether you escape or not.

    Besides, doesn't the tutorial or the store blurb have something like 'Help your fellow survivors… Or don't.' in it?

    Yes, this is the tagline for the game in its description on steam and in the PlayStation store. No dev has ever said survivors are required to work as a team, help other survivors, or sacrifice themselves. No dev has ever come out and said the intended mechanic for survivors is teamwork. The closest I’ve seen is when Peanits said something about how survivors are also resources for one another. Beyond that, the devs have been ardent that survivors can play with their own survivors in mind. This isn’t griefing or whatever; it’s acceptable survivor gameplay .

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878180#Comment_3878180

    The killer tutorial says that killers should do everything in their power to stop survivors.

    Camping, tunneling, and slugging are part of "everything in their power", so I guess the official game rules say it's fine for killers to do these things as much as possible.

    I'm sure you thought you had a 'gotcha' here, but we're not talking about how we want the game to be, or what would be healthy for it. Narko made the claim that ratting is bannable, which it isn't.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878063#Comment_3878063

    Yup. Bond and Fixated are superior for true rat strategies.

    Now we have to nerf Bond, guys. It's for our own good, just trust.

    Apologies but….yeah I would not mind a perk that hides my aura from other survivors but the killers can see mine, only time other survivor can see me is in dying status cause seriously those perks I mention people do be sandbagging with them or hiding

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877832#Comment_3877832

    I honestly wonder if we're playing the same game.

    Solo Q isn't struggling because people are all waiting for exit gates to use wake up. They are struggling because their teammates can't last 10 seconds in a chase. I don't know how to fix that but nerfing wake up won't fix it.

    It's usually the most meta of survivors that are making matches unwinnable because they have no understanding of how to play the game and just know, the perks are strong.

    So what if I'm playing for myself, show me where the rules of the game. should we report players who leave a teammate behind to save themselves? I play for myself and if another survivor does as well that's fine. Not this vague sort of, kind of rules but not really.

    It doesn't help that jungle gyms and loops are not as good as it once was either.

    It's why Lithe is used often or Dramaturgy to gain distance.

  • @buggybug said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877551#Comment_3877551

    Must be a you only thing. I never experienced being sandbag or selfish plays from a person using using wake up which again those players I met like maybe 1 time in 5 months+.

    If you wanna talk about sandbag, selfish people and rats I shall remind you that is done by people using these perks.

    Bond/aftercare/empathetic connection/empathy/ deception/diversion/red herring/urban and fixated. Those are the perks I tend to experience people who hide or sandbag others for their own benefits not wake up users.

    The person opening the gate fast while am running injured on death hook has indirectly and directly saved me many times because of their aura reveal.

    Yep, I was about to say that if anything Bond would be the perk that is used for sandbagging. How Wake Up is considered sandbagging is wild and I hardly if ever see a survivor stealthing around. It's maybe 1/100 games that I see it as it's objectively a terrible play to wait for your team to die for a chance of getting hatch or getting the door.

  • @NarkoTri1er said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878111#Comment_3878111

    playing the way...i don't like? You want to tell me that refusing to do your objectives is simply playing the way just i don't like? Sorry, but with this mentality you should either stick to singleplayers.

    Well hold on a minute, let's be specific.

    I disagree that survivor Is a team based game, but you disagree. Well what are the rules?

    If you are hooked and the exit gate is open, do I have to save you? I say no, you say yes right? Well what if they are camping? Or trapper or leatherface? NOED.

    What are the rules and where can I find them?

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878137#Comment_3878137

    Well hold on a minute, let's be specific.

    I disagree that survivor Is a team based game, but you disagree. Well what are the rules?

    If you are hooked and the exit gate is open, do I have to save you? I say no, you say yes right? Well what if they are camping? Or trapper or leatherface? NOED.

    What are the rules and where can I find them?

    I think it's more so centered around the idea that the game gets easier the more survivors are alive.

    Of course, if the exit gate is open - you are free to leave unless the survivor is hooked right next to the gate.

    However, I do feel like DBD is a team-based game to a certain extent but I am aware that there are selfish players that play this game. But in order to be in higher MMR, you have to take risks such as unhooking other survivors, doing gens, and progressing the game forward as that is your best chance at survival.

    Stealthing in a corner and waiting for your team to die can only get you so far in DBD.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878243#Comment_3878243

    I think it's more so centered around the idea that the game gets easier the more survivors are alive.

    Of course, if the exit gate is open - you are free to leave unless the survivor is hooked right next to the gate.

    However, I do feel like DBD is a team-based game to a certain extent but I am aware that there are selfish players that play this game. But in order to be in higher MMR, you have to take risks such as unhooking other survivors, doing gens, and progressing the game forward as that is your best chance at survival.

    Stealthing in a corner and waiting for your team to die can only get you so far in DBD.

    IIt'S not about how far. Yes I work with others as it is best interest. But I get to decide when my best interest is to give up on everyone else and save myself. Unless people want official rules which was my point.

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878246#Comment_3878246

    IIt'S not about how far. Yes I work with others as it is best interest. But I get to decide when my best interest is to give up on everyone else and save myself. Unless people want official rules which was my point.

    So, you are not the person that people are talking about?

    People are directly talking about people who do not progress the game forward and hide in a corner waiting for people to die.

    You said, "I disagree that survivor Is a team based game, but you disagree. Well what are the rules?" >> yet just said, "Yes I work with others as it is best interest." - so, you work in a team based way to get the most out of your survival, no?

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878293#Comment_3878293

    So, you are not the person that people are talking about?

    People are directly talking about people who do not progress the game forward and hide in a corner waiting for people to die.

    You said, "I disagree that survivor Is a team based game, but you disagree. Well what are the rules?" >> yet just said, "Yes I work with others as it is best interest." - so, you work in a team based way to get the most out of your survival, no?

    It depends, sometimes yes, other times no. It's very much what I feel in the moment.

    Good example.Sometines if the killer is camping I will trade places on hook knowing I won't escape. Other times I will let them die.

    There is no rule that says I have to do either. But forcing people to be altruistic is bad design.

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878300#Comment_3878300

    It depends, sometimes yes, other times no. It's very much what I feel in the moment.

    Good example.Sometines if the killer is camping I will trade places on hook knowing I won't escape. Other times I will let them die.

    There is no rule that says I have to do either. But forcing people to be altruistic is bad design.

    I wouldn't even consider it forcing to be altruistic -- if you want your best chance of living, people need to unhook and trade health stages.

    If the exit gates are powered, you are free to leave.

    If a Trapper/Hag is hooking people in basement and gens are left up, no one expects you to go be a hero and unhook the people in basement.

    As you've pointed out, you situationally play in a team oriented way, therefore the game is team-based regardless. Five generators need to be powered and it's easy to do with survivors available to do them.

    If I'm stuck in a slugging situation (2v1), I don't go to pick up the survivor as more than likely it's just going to prolong the game and I can get hatch/gate. People wouldn't consider that being a selfish player.

    However, people who just sit around and wait for their team to die is what the original person you responded to was talking about.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878336#Comment_3878336

    I wouldn't even consider it forcing to be altruistic -- if you want your best chance of living, people need to unhook and trade health stages.

    If the exit gates are powered, you are free to leave.

    If a Trapper/Hag is hooking people in basement and gens are left up, no one expects you to go be a hero and unhook the people in basement.

    As you've pointed out, you situationally play in a team oriented way, therefore the game is team-based regardless. Five generators need to be powered and it's easy to do with survivors available to do them.

    If I'm stuck in a slugging situation (2v1), I don't go to pick up the survivor as more than likely it's just going to prolong the game and I can get hatch/gate. People wouldn't consider that being a selfish player.

    However, people who just sit around and wait for their team to die is what the original person you responded to was talking about.

    And I don't see anything wrong with that.

    If that''s how someone chooses to play. The killer chooses how they get kills and survivors choose how to escape. If you want to make it bannable that's fine, but things get subjective very quickly as you stated I am not obligated to save a teamate on hook.

    So no I have no issue with survivors using a solo escape strategy. If the devs don't like it, redesign the game don't nerf a joke perk (wake up).

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878137#Comment_3878137

    Well hold on a minute, let's be specific.

    I disagree that survivor Is a team based game, but you disagree. Well what are the rules?

    If you are hooked and the exit gate is open, do I have to save you? I say no, you say yes right? Well what if they are camping? Or trapper or leatherface? NOED.

    What are the rules and where can I find them?

    so you hardcore twisted my argument where i was talking about people refusing to do their objectives whole match with...endgame camping and decision of teammate to help or not depending on situation? Wow

  • @NarkoTri1er said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878243#Comment_3878243

    so you hardcore twisted my argument where i was talking about people refusing to do their objectives whole match with...endgame camping and decision of teammate to help or not depending on situation? Wow

    Apologies if you felt that way that was not my intention. I think you believe it's I've twisted your words because I'm talking about endgame, but ok I'll rephrase. If I load into a match and my goal is to get saves that is not in the "teams" best interest. In fact a lot of survivor challenges such as escaping through the hatch, encourages you to prioritize the challenge over the match.

    Or even better if you are running a goofy build like no mither or just bad perks in general you are inherently jeopardizing your team' chance of success. OK maybe you don't accept that, what about mettle of man? If you try to get that perk to activate you are likely going to make it far harder for your "team" because you are wasting time on a perk that offers minimal value and is hard to activate.

    My point is we all have our own sperate goals and get out your "teammates" may be your goal but is not mine and certainly not an official rule on how to paly.

  • I just don't get why they claim to want to make it an "altruistic perk" but then keep it at 25% for 2v1 and barely make it faster for 3v1. Opening gates when there's only 2 people left is one of the most altruistic things you can do, putting yourself at risk of being spotted by the killer and opening an escape for both survivors, giving the other survivor time to open the other gate.

    Even if you just open the gate and get out in a 2v1, now the other survivor has a much better chance of living, since they can now either escape through hatch, the open gate, or even begin to open the other gate while the killer has to patrol the first two.

    And Sole Survivor + Wake Up has never been a complaint by anyone really. If 50% bonus on Wake Up is too much when paired with Sole Survivor, why not make wake up 25% when you're the last survivor, but 50% otherwise? What a strange nerf.

    If they actually wanted people to use Wake Up for reasons other than ratting, they could also improve the info it gives to other survivors. Why can't it just show the exit gates to everyone in the trial at all times once gates are powered, as well as your aura to everyone when you're opening a gate? That would make it kind of like Kindred but for gates. So much they could do before they weirdly nerf/sidegrade an already niche perk.

  • @MrMori said:

    I just don't get why they claim to want to make it an "altruistic perk" but then keep it at 25% for 2v1 and barely make it faster for 3v1. Opening gates when there's only 2 people left is one of the most altruistic things you can do, putting yourself at risk of being spotted by the killer and opening an escape for both survivors, giving the other survivor time to open the other gate.

    Even if you just open the gate and get out in a 2v1, now the other survivor has a much better chance of living, since they can now either escape through hatch, the open gate, or even begin to open the other gate while the killer has to patrol the first two.

    And Sole Survivor + Wake Up has never been a complaint by anyone really. If 50% bonus on Wake Up is too much when paired with Sole Survivor, why not make wake up 25% when you're the last survivor, but 50% otherwise? What a strange nerf.

    If they actually wanted people to use Wake Up for reasons other than ratting, they could also improve the info it gives to other survivors. Why can't it just show the exit gates to everyone in the trial at all times once gates are powered, as well as your aura to everyone when you're opening a gate? That would make it kind of like Kindred but for gates. So much they could do before they weirdly nerf/sidegrade an already niche perk.

    Honestly it comes down to killer mains complaining about the buff during PTB. You see at least one here in this thread complaining about how survivors use it to harm each other by hiding. BHVR again listened to this nonsense and nerfed an already underused (1% pickrate) perk. You didn’t see complaints about Wake Up, Wake Up + Sole Survivor, or Sole Survivor because survivors don’t complain about these perks. Killers however feel robbed of a 4K when a survivor gets value from them although they’ll say they’re concerned about survivors using them against one another.

  • @MrMori said:

    I just don't get why they claim to want to make it an "altruistic perk" but then keep it at 25% for 2v1 and barely make it faster for 3v1. Opening gates when there's only 2 people left is one of the most altruistic things you can do, putting yourself at risk of being spotted by the killer and opening an escape for both survivors, giving the other survivor time to open the other gate.

    Even if you just open the gate and get out in a 2v1, now the other survivor has a much better chance of living, since they can now either escape through hatch, the open gate, or even begin to open the other gate while the killer has to patrol the first two.

    And Sole Survivor + Wake Up has never been a complaint by anyone really. If 50% bonus on Wake Up is too much when paired with Sole Survivor, why not make wake up 25% when you're the last survivor, but 50% otherwise? What a strange nerf.

    If they actually wanted people to use Wake Up for reasons other than ratting, they could also improve the info it gives to other survivors. Why can't it just show the exit gates to everyone in the trial at all times once gates are powered, as well as your aura to everyone when you're opening a gate? That would make it kind of like Kindred but for gates. So much they could do before they weirdly nerf/sidegrade an already niche perk.

    Sole Survivor should be reworked, and Wake Up should have a limited value if only one survivor is alive.

    Making Wake Up +12.5% if only 1 survivor is fine, but 50% if 2 or more survivors are alive, works too. That would still be a large buff for everything except the "only 1 survivor is alive" scenario.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878415#Comment_3878415

    Sole Survivor should be reworked, and Wake Up should have a limited value if only one survivor is alive.

    Making Wake Up +12.5% if only 1 survivor is fine, but 50% if 2 or more survivors are alive, works too. That would still be a large buff for everything except the "only 1 survivor is alive" scenario.

    At this point just stay out of a survivors’ business. That is a favor you can do for us all.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878424#Comment_3878424

    At this point just stay out of a survivors’ business. That is a favor you can do for us all.

    My suggestion is a huge buff for everything except only one survivor being alive. It should be good for everyone….. except the people that specifically want to use the perk as the last survivor alive.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878424#Comment_3878424

    At this point just stay out of a survivors’ business. That is a favor you can do for us all.

    My suggestion is a huge buff for everything except only one survivor being alive. It should be good for everyone….. except the people that specifically want to use the perk as the last survivor alive.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878439#Comment_3878439

    My suggestion is a huge buff for everything except only one survivor being alive. It should be good for everyone….. except the people that specifically want to use the perk as the last survivor alive.

    If BHVR now suddenly dislikes soloist builds they should buff actual ‘team’ focused perks

  • I have yet to see this rampant rat playstyle that's suddenly a problem. Useless teammates will be useless, with or without those perks. But yeah I'm sure all the complaints are for a better solo queue. Surely…

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878447#Comment_3878447

    If BHVR now suddenly dislikes soloist builds they should buff actual ‘team’ focused perks

    Anti-tunneling suggestions usually don’t include compensation buffs for chasing different survivors. Anti-slugging suggestions usually don’t include compensation buffs for hooking survivors. The anti-facecamp mechanic didn’t give killers compensation buffs for leaving a hooked survivor.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878449#Comment_3878449

    Anti-tunneling suggestions usually don’t include compensation buffs for chasing different survivors. Anti-slugging suggestions usually don’t include compensation buffs for hooking survivors. The anti-facecamp mechanic didn’t give killers compensation buffs for leaving a hooked survivor.

    Why would they? The kill rate is 60% with those features. It is higher without them.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878453#Comment_3878453

    Why would they? The kill rate is 60% with those features. It is higher without them.

    Making Wake Up +12.5% if only 1 survivor is fine, but 50% if 2 or more survivors are alive, is buffing a team-oriented perk.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878456#Comment_3878456

    Making Wake Up +12.5% if only 1 survivor is fine, but 50% if 2 or more survivors are alive, is buffing a team-oriented perk.

    How about this: revert Wake Up and leave it alone. Focus that manpower into dealing with slugging, tunneling, and camping—which are bigger issues to the survivor experience than someone using Wake Up.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878458#Comment_3878458

    How about this: revert Wake Up and leave it alone. Focus that manpower into dealing with slugging, tunneling, and camping—which are bigger issues to the survivor experience than someone using Wake Up.

    Killers have so many strategies that are considered unhealthily. Survivors should be allowed to have at least one strategy that is considered unhealthy.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3878512#Comment_3878512

    Killers have so many strategies that are considered unhealthily. Survivors should be allowed to have at least one strategy that is considered unhealthy.

    Are you being funny?

  • I just find it funny that BHVR decided it was worth committing resources to nerfing an already kinda mid / situational perk when perks as terrible as Cut Loose, Slippery Meat, Up the Ante and No Mither exist in the game.

    I wish they'd just left it alone, instead of making it much worse for the Survivors that actually used this perk.

  • Edit: man I love it when I'm just holding my phone in my hand and it decides to blankpost

  • wake up deserves to come back. kinda tired of all this one sided propaganda

1 2 ›