Remove the final mori

This new system where the killer can automatically kill the last survivor has made it where every match ends with slugging while the killers bm you on the ground. Either add basekit unbreakable when there are two survivors left or remove entirely. It's ######### insane how many killers slug as if their whole family will die if they don't get the last pity mori. I love it, don't you guys!

Comments

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3849203#Comment_3849203

    The finisher mori is definitely an issue on its own. It's less a cool thing and more a poorly thought out thing that has almost exclusively negative impacts.

    It encourages slugging for 4k, takes away the ability of survivors to make dramatic endgame escapes by wiggling off, acts as a way to show off the killer's victory in the same way as teabagging at gate, and even has led to new ways to cap off toxic endgame behaviors where some killers will wait out a bleedout timer then mori at the last second.

    It's been extremely negative with no real benefits except that some people think it's cool to look at. Also, I'd say the community didn't fight for and want this. A subset of the community wanted it, but a lot of the community expressed that they didn't want to try this nonsense again after the previous finisher mori disaster. And now that it's here, a lot of people still don't want it.

    Killers have literally always slugged for 4ks. Always. The Finisher Mori doesn't change that.

    Nobody owes you hatch or an escape. Finisher Mori isn't an issue the way generator rush perks aren't an issue or the exit gates aren't an issue. It's part of the game. If you don't like that, you don't need to play, but don't ruin it for everyone else.

  • I feel the mori itself is fine - Perhaps just letting the killer mori one person when there are two survivors left with one hook state would be a better option.

  • @SidneysBane1996 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3849226#Comment_3849226

    Killers have literally always slugged for 4ks. Always. The Finisher Mori doesn't change that.

    Nobody owes you hatch or an escape. Finisher Mori isn't an issue the way generator rush perks aren't an issue or the exit gates aren't an issue. It's part of the game. If you don't like that, you don't need to play, but don't ruin it for everyone else.

    Um... I didn't say anyone owes anyone else a hatch or gate escape or that slugging for 4k wasn't an issue before.

    Also, I'm not seeing any lucid arguments about why it's not an issue in light of the things that have been mentioned. Do you have some reasons why you think this?

    Since I'm asking that, I'll go ahead and write my thinking again for reference: The finisher mori fills a role that's very similar to teabagging at the gate. But unlike the case of teabagging, the survivor is forced to watch their opponent show off. And it encourages slugging for the 4k, which is a very unsportsmanlike behavior. It also gives the killer a basekit ability to deny survivor perk abilities at the endgame and forces the target to watch the victory animation instead. Sounds pretty negative to me. My personal experience is also that the finisher mori is making the presence of moris more annoying in general.

    Also, why are you mentioning that the gates aren't an issue? Of course they're not. Do you mean teabagging at the gate? That really is a sportsmanship issue that I think should be addressed.

    Saying the finisher mori is just part of the game is a little disingenuous since it wasn't part of the game until very recently. Such a statement ignores that the change could be having a negative impact.

    You also indicated that you advocated for it very strongly. But a large section of the community did not want to revisit the finisher mori. In any case, we're all free to express what we think makes the game better or worse. Others are free to advocate for the removal of this feature if we find it to be extremely toxic. And you're free to express your opinion, but maybe let's not go around telling each other not to play the game.

  • @joeyspeehole said:

    Tea bagging at the gate risks giving the Killer another kill. Slugging everyone and watching them bleed out is just tedious. Why not hook everyone and then enjoy the mori, even if you've seen it a million times?

    sorry but there no risk tbagging at the exit gate the survivor tbagging so close to end of the exit gate you down them they escape.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3849654#Comment_3849654

    Um... I didn't say anyone owes anyone else a hatch or gate escape or that slugging for 4k wasn't an issue before.

    Also, I'm not seeing any lucid arguments about why it's not an issue in light of the things that have been mentioned. Do you have some reasons why you think this?

    Since I'm asking that, I'll go ahead and write my thinking again for reference: The finisher mori fills a role that's very similar to teabagging at the gate. But unlike the case of teabagging, the survivor is forced to watch their opponent show off. And it encourages slugging for the 4k, which is a very unsportsmanlike behavior. It also gives the killer a basekit ability to deny survivor perk abilities at the endgame and forces the target to watch the victory animation instead. Sounds pretty negative to me. My personal experience is also that the finisher mori is making the presence of moris more annoying in general.

    Also, why are you mentioning that the gates aren't an issue? Of course they're not. Do you mean teabagging at the gate? That really is a sportsmanship issue that I think should be addressed.

    Saying the finisher mori is just part of the game is a little disingenuous since it wasn't part of the game until very recently. Such a statement ignores that the change could be having a negative impact.

    You also indicated that you advocated for it very strongly. But a large section of the community did not want to revisit the finisher mori. In any case, we're all free to express what we think makes the game better or worse. Others are free to advocate for the removal of this feature if we find it to be extremely toxic. And you're free to express your opinion, but maybe let's not go around telling each other not to play the game.

    i sometime feel that the end goal for some people survivor/killer they want people to quit the game.

    same with dcing I feel both sides try get someone to dc.

  • People just enjoy holding others hostage, the mori is just an excuse to justify it. Removing it will change nothing because power trippers gonna power trip

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    People just enjoy holding others hostage, the mori is just an excuse to justify it. Removing it will change nothing because power trippers gonna power trip

    This is true but nobody wants to admit it.

    And also hey smurf, I'm sure if you search you'll notice a LARGE amount of posts asking for Moris to be more useful, keeping the Iri Mori, and allowing the basekit Mori to exist as a finisher. Besides, the Devs wanted this forever. They have been trying to put this in the game forever.

    Like it or not it's not going anywhere no matter how many people complain, because not only did several people want this, the DEVS want this.

  • @SidneysBane1996 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3849735#Comment_3849735

    This is true but nobody wants to admit it.

    And also hey smurf, I'm sure if you search you'll notice a LARGE amount of posts asking for Moris to be more useful, keeping the Iri Mori, and allowing the basekit Mori to exist as a finisher. Besides, the Devs wanted this forever. They have been trying to put this in the game forever.

    Like it or not it's not going anywhere no matter how many people complain, because not only did several people want this, the DEVS want this.

    I heard you the first time you said people wanted it. And some people definitely did want it. Some people definitely didn't. We've established this.

    But I still don't see any argument for why it's not having a negative impact on the game. It's worth discussing and not just writing it off by vaguely saying 'people want this'.

  • Smurf, stop pinging me, I know I can't convince you and you won't convince me. I don't want to argue. I stopped quoting you for a reason, because I do not want to argue.

    This change won't get reverted because this is what the Devs want for the game, regardless of what the players want. They always intended to have this. It's not going away, I'm sorry.

    Now kindly stop quoting me. I don't want to have to ask again, please.

  • You're probably playing against killers who think Mori is far superior to hanging on a hook. But this could also be a strategy. For example, for Try-Hard killers who do not risk attempting escape. I think it would be more logical to do mori instead of basekit umbre while there are only 2 people left (one is on the hook but has already moved on to the second phase, otherwise there would be no attempt chance for the one on the hook, and the other is the survivor on the ground). Otherwise, which 300 IQ player would slug the man in front of him, knowing that he would stand up?

  • I'll gladly stop quoting you so you stop getting pings SidneysBane; no need for hostilities. Maybe we'll cross paths later in threads where we'll agree more :D

    I do disagree about what you said in that last message, but I'll refrain from more talking points so we can stop this debate in a friendly way. Enjoy your games!

  • @iloveandhatethisgame said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3849034#Comment_3849034

    “Get over it and move to the next game.”

    Hmmm ok. So every complaint you have (and in particular you have a lot of them) take your own advice

    Not every.

    When killer decides to mori me when I play as survivor I don't cry and write -rep on their profile afterwards. I just follow my own advice.

  • @bluesidesoul said:

    This new system where the killer can automatically kill the last survivor has made it where every match ends with slugging while the killers bm you on the ground. Either add basekit unbreakable when there are two survivors left or remove entirely. It's ######### insane how many killers slug as if their whole family will die if they don't get the last pity mori. I love it, don't you guys!

    Agree with all of this. it encourges toxic behaviour. every damn game ends the same

  • @bluesidesoul said:

    This new system where the killer can automatically kill the last survivor has made it where every match ends with slugging while the killers bm you on the ground. Either add basekit unbreakable when there are two survivors left or remove entirely. It's ######### insane how many killers slug as if their whole family will die if they don't get the last pity mori. I love it, don't you guys!

    yes please

  • Yep, every survivor is pity and don't show themselves(me included) so time wasting on a lot of lost 2v1 matches is insane. Some games that should end in 1min last for 10 or more if survivors pick each other from the ground. Also killer gets a kill if they had to drop a survivor but pushes every survivor out and can just mori a slug who otherwise would have escaped which is so stupid.

    Common bhvr L.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I miss when killer would give last survivor hatch once in a blue moon. Now...never.

    As a killer that still does this often, I can tell you that it is in fact not "never."

    Sure, in theory I could be the only killer left that still gives hatch, but even if that wasn't extremely unlikely, I know a few other fellow Pig mains that still do sometimes. Do we do it every match? No. But sometimes we still do.

  • They just need to add a "condition" to the game where:
    If all survs are currently hooked and on struggle and the last one is on the floor you can mori him/her without waiting for the others to die.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3848586#Comment_3848586

    As a killer that still does this often, I can tell you that it is in fact not "never."

    Sure, in theory I could be the only killer left that still gives hatch, but even if that wasn't extremely unlikely, I know a few other fellow Pig mains that still do sometimes. Do we do it every match? No. But sometimes we still do.

    lol You're not wrong about Pig mains. I'm also one, and I also still give hatch. But I also think the finisher mori has been a very negative addition to the game, and I refuse to use it, even if it would let me take out an annoying survivor who'd otherwise escape. Honestly, I don't think I've spectated a hatch being given or watched a streamer get given hatch or received a gift hatch myself more than once or twice total since the update. Though a couple days ago I did purchase an escape with a medkit. The killer was very pleased with their new item :)

    I'm also always curious about other Pig mains. I wonder what everyone's booping policy is. I make it so survivors almost never have a chance to boop before they get hit, but if they manage to boop, they live.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3883914#Comment_3883914

    lol You're not wrong about Pig mains. I'm also one, and I also still give hatch. But I also think the finisher mori has been a very negative addition to the game, and I refuse to use it, even if it would let me take out an annoying survivor who'd otherwise escape. Honestly, I don't think I've spectated a hatch being given or watched a streamer get given hatch or received a gift hatch myself more than once or twice total since the update. Though a couple days ago I did purchase an escape with a medkit. The killer was very pleased with their new item :)

    I'm also always curious about other Pig mains. I wonder what everyone's booping policy is. I make it so survivors almost never have a chance to boop before they get hit, but if they manage to boop, they live.

    Everyone gets one free boop. I'll break chase and find someone else. If they press their luck after that it entirely depends on how cute they are.

  • I've become more merciless, which I kinda don't like that much. Before the mori was introduced I gave hatch/exit gates to the last suvivor like 90% of the time….now not so much^^….

    Usually I had a last the chase with the last suvivor then I let him wiggle. After that i somehow communicated to him/her that we should split up to find the hatch, because that's much faster than me carrying the survivor arround. ( I did that cause I wanted to move on as faster so I can get in the next match )

    But now the fastest way is just to use the mori…. I kinda feel bad… but atleast I can see the "sometimes" cool animations.

    Now I only let the last one go, if he/she made me laugh or I can hear the hatch close from where I downed the suvivor.

    So for me it's not a big difference, but from what I heard above, it seems to be really annyoing when people BM on top of that.

  • Just make it more stupid:

    The reason for slugging for the 4k isn´t the finisher mori. The reason is killers want the last survivor not escaping with the hatch.

    How about if 2 survivors are dead and the third one is downed the hatch spawns.

    Now 1 of three things will happen, either the slugged survivor finds the hatch, the standing survivor does, or the killer gets the 4k.

    But if the hatch is used the other survivor will be moried on the spot.

    Everyone is capable of doing stuff.

    Standing survivor can find the hatch.

    Slugged survivor has hope to find the hatch.

    Killer can get the 4k

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    Yeah it has become an annoying addition, predictably so.

    I have been saying for years that the survivor slugged 'for the 4k' should be able to concede the match and move on, rather than be stuck unable to play the game or leave for potentially 4 minutes while their team mate hides out the killer.

    Unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion they may try to monetise custom moris, so I suspect this annoying addition isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

    It gonna be dramatic if they do that, Behavior is not in theyr best spotlight actually

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3848586#Comment_3848586

    As a killer that still does this often, I can tell you that it is in fact not "never."

    Sure, in theory I could be the only killer left that still gives hatch, but even if that wasn't extremely unlikely, I know a few other fellow Pig mains that still do sometimes. Do we do it every match? No. But sometimes we still do.

    there’s absolutely killers that still give hatch. Not super common by any means, but it’s not uncommon either. I’ve had killers straight up refuse to kill me, carry me through or to the exit door lever even though they had me, maybe it’s because they felt sorry for me because I was the only one doing anything. maybe it was because I don’t bm, maybe it’s because I run weird builds and they can tell I’m not running the same things as everyone else, or maybe they were just feeling like they wanted to do something nice. I know in all cases they could have killed me but I was spared, and I’m grateful. Thank you 🫶

  • @Laluzi said:

    It really hasn't helped matters. I still don't want basekit unbreakable, but forced timewasting is way up and my survivor experience has gotten considerably worse on average. About half of my survivor games end in killer slugging, and even if I had an okay match, I will leave it angry and feeling upset with the game if I had to wait 45 seconds on the ground with the killer humping me out of boredom as they wait for everyone else to die before they mori me, as opposed to that exact same match but the killer hooks me and I die immediately after I lose the game.

    Either widen the net of when killers can use the finisher mori so that it encompasses more game over scenarios (ex everyone else is on second stage hook, or slugged and nobody has pickup perks) or just get rid of it, please.

    they could add unbreakable as basekit if there only 2 survivors alive to balance with the fact that the killer can mori as a finisher it's counter balance to the whole 2v1 situation and adds a bit a counter pressure to not slug the last 2 survivors alive if played badly but is still rewarded as a killer if played right in 2v1 situation

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3848958#Comment_3848958

    It gonna be dramatic if they do that, Behavior is not in theyr best spotlight actually

    Oh it will but the monetisation has bit by bit started to ruin this game imo…

  • Wouldn't it make more sense to make the last survivor killable once all other survivors are on hook? In case of Deliverance or Wicked in game, just don't allow the killer to mori while the users of these perks are on first stage.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3883914#Comment_3883914

    lol You're not wrong about Pig mains. I'm also one, and I also still give hatch. But I also think the finisher mori has been a very negative addition to the game, and I refuse to use it, even if it would let me take out an annoying survivor who'd otherwise escape. Honestly, I don't think I've spectated a hatch being given or watched a streamer get given hatch or received a gift hatch myself more than once or twice total since the update. Though a couple days ago I did purchase an escape with a medkit. The killer was very pleased with their new item :)

    I'm also always curious about other Pig mains. I wonder what everyone's booping policy is. I make it so survivors almost never have a chance to boop before they get hit, but if they manage to boop, they live.

    Well, we in the Society of Swine usually accept boops, rules vary by member, but at the same time sometimes you have to show the survivors who is in charge and wear your black leather jacket.

    My personal policy is that if I am actually wearing the "Second Chance" Pig head, then I will accept the boop from the FIRST survivor to try. They get hatch, everyone else dies. But again, the Black Leather jacket means no mercy.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    Wouldn't it make more sense to make the last survivor killable once all other survivors are on hook? In case of Deliverance or Wicked in game, just don't allow the killer to mori while the users of these perks are on second stage.

    Neither of those perks can be used on Second Stage… there is no way other than the Anti-Facecamp mechanic to save yourself on second hook.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3884360#Comment_3884360

    Neither of those perks can be used on Second Stage… there is no way other than the Anti-Facecamp mechanic to save yourself on second hook.

    First stage*

    For some reason I said second stage.

1 2 ›