Who are the best youtubers to watch to get better at chase?
Hi, I need to get better at chase. It is the one area of the game where I consistently fail. I got the advice to watch YouTube videos and I've watched some, but I want to get down to business here. If you've learned 360s and the like from YouTubers, which videos or youtubers should I hit up?
Comments
I learned to 360 from noob3 (Rarely i do a 360) but for loop I recommend any youtuber who play as survivor and have idea of the game (Tru3, Ardetha etc..)
OhTofu has some good tips. I believe he made a series to help out newer survivors in learning what to do in the game. I think Puppers and Hybridpanda have also given some tips on how to play loops and so on, but I can't remember. Watching what other people play is also pretty helpful.
Ohtofu and many many others have great videos on understanding how loops and palettes and perks work. What's bad and what's good way to chase. But ultimately I learned when my rank 1 survivor/rank 1 killer-main friend just threw me into Kill Your Friends, knocked me down, shouldered me and pretended he was a survivor and how he would play if a killer was after him. I'm still not as good as him but that totally brought me from like 0% surivovr chase threat to 50% and I just need more experience to get better. I only startd this game mid december. If you have any friends who are great at chasing in this game ask them to do that for you.
I've personally watched video guides by TydeTime and The King. They've decently explained some of the ins and outs of chases, loops, and juking to me.
Yeah videos won't instantly make you a juking god and you need practice, but they can explain some nuances and demonstrate them where the game doesn't.
For example, I've seen a few videos that have explained fast vaulting in detail and given video examples of what angles and speeds result in medium vaults vs. fast vaults. The game doesn't do much to explain this in the tutorials or help pages, just that windows can be vaulted.
Many YouTubers know how to survive a chase but the basics you have to know is the map layout and where the pallets spawn. Looping one spot can waste A LOT of the killers time and perks can come into play very heavily. Having Dance With Me and Lithe can very easily confuse a killer. Just depends whether you want to survive a chase lasting five generators or lose the killer. Honestly the one that helped me out most was NoOb3. Even though most people dislike him, OchiDo is also pretty good at surviving chases
bigbadbeetelborg said:
I watch tyde for news and such, but generally his gameplay, especially as survivor, is not that good.
Puppers. Hes one of the best survivors out there.
Tru3 isn't that good at looping though. He's average. Ardetha, however is very good.
Ardetha (I think that's how it's spelt)
He has actual coaching videos where people submit game footage and he goes over it and reviews it.
(Playing as killer) xD
Ohtofu does the same thing.
I used 3 videos, one by ohtofu, one by theking (I think he's called), and one by TydeTime all of them about palettes and loops and though those vids DID NOT help me actually do looping, they helped me be able to eyeball good palettes and loops from bad ones whereas before those I couldnt tell a good one from a bad one I just knew that there were good ones and bad ones. Ultimately my skill in actual chasing comes from my first post on this thread.
This aint a rocket science just play in private with friends and elaborate your own jukes and see how looping works youself
Noob3 and Vooshy seem to be among the best survivors. There may be others who are better, but I haven't seen them yet.
If you want to loop well, watch these guys play.
Watch Twitch Streamers over YouTubers. YouTubers will pick the best clips that will make them look better than they actually are. Live footage will allow you to see the real thought process in any chase, not just "hee hee ecks dee 360."