Healing Exploit at Gates Allowing Free Escapes
I want to preface by saying that I'm open to having my mind changed! This is just where I stand on the issue currently.
The video shows a game I recently played in which 2 survivors used the healing feature in the game as an exploit to allow their downed teammate to escape unscathed. It feels very similar to the exploit also under debate where Killers can instant drop after pickup to cancel a DS deployment.
In my opinion, both of these should not be possible. If survivors want to heal, they should be able to heal. If they want to crawl out and escape, they should be able to. But they shouldn't be able to do both, abuse Killer cooldowns, and get free escapes.
As for my recommended solution, Killers should be able to pickup downed survivors no matter their current state. In this case, Killers should be able to bypass survivors' healing animations by instantly picking up the downed survivor, thereby avoiding the abuse of animation exploits and Killer cooldowns.
Thoughts on this?

Comments
Except camping in the endgame have a counter, coordinate a save, and this have not. That's why it should be fixed.
everything is a broken mechanic these days lmao. just accept you couldn’t get the kill.
I'm not assuming anything you saw this in official tournaments made by them, you saw it in content creators videos for more than 5 years now... It has been a thing for that long and there is no abusing, it is just using an element.
You don't need to be right on top of a survivor to pick them up, you can somewhat go to their head or feet and I don't really see how another survivors hitbox should block that entirely, especially since the killers hitbox is bigger than the survivors.
Obviously healing blocks the pick up, but that is not what I argued about. I argued that I don't see how the survivor can block the killer from picking up by just being there, sure maybe 2 or 3 survivors can do that but surely not 1 alone, unless he is healing the downed one. And both videos don't really say something about that point.
Can't we just keep all techs instead?
I just consider it more fun/interesting, when there are extra things to learn in this game….
Would be pretty dumb. Why should survivors not be able to tank for their mates?
hug had counterplay, heal tech doesn´t
Hug doesn't have a proper counterplay and guaranteed a hit most of the time. You had to guess and even if you guessed correctly Blight still can catch up to you with bump logic. Heal tech is not even close to hug in terms of impact on the game.
BHVR never revert anything, so at this point only way is to fix everything
Let killers grab survivors who are busy healing a teammate. 😀
it does, just look at him and loop or drop the pallet
i never said anything abour impact, i said ´´hug tech have counterplay, heal tech have no counter play´´
Or you could accept that the killer is downed someone? lol Nowdays everything which is uncounterable is called "tech" lol
Normally if you do something else you are grabbed. It would be a counterplay, where you need some skill so you can let it in time so both of you can get out. Now there is nothing.
Your kinda right, idk why a survivor interacting with another would prevent the killer from a pick up. Honestly tho, i think survivors who heal at the gate should block the gate from them as punishment for preparing for a save attempt in a safe haven. I feel like having an opened gate and a hooked survivor near it basically garuntees an escape for all survivors if they heal and bomb rush hook. Just an opinion tho
Well, first of all in some textures you can't always react if he has speed addons, second of all if he approaching you from the pallet side you won't do anything. And against healtech you can hit survivor in front of him and he will backflip so it does have parcial counter.
fair