What add-ons seem like they should be base kit for Killers?
I sometimes see people make suggestions that X add-on should be base kit for a particular killer. I'n mostly curious as to which ones seem to be at least somewhat generally agreed upon. The ones I most often see suggested are Combat Straps and Rules Set No. 2 for the Pig. Are there any others that get frequently mentioned as being better off as part of a Killer's base kit as opposed to being a whole add-on?
Comments
I don't know about the other killers but trapper needs his addon that makes him able to carry 3 traps as his base kit. I really can't understand why devs are not willing to give him this addon as the base kit. I would definitely play more trapper if I could carry more traps.
-Trapper bag, maybe stitched bag even. Trapper's setup time just collecting traps nevermind placing them makes playing him frustrating even though I still love him as a killer.
That's the only addon I'd want as base kit tbh. Maybe the Wraiths Hound addon to bring back cloaked basekit bloodhount which was awesome.
Edit :
Wait, add Plaid Flannel for nurse as basekit. No idea why a training wheel addon is very rare in the first place when Doctors training wheel is common.
This would massively raise the skill floor for Nurse, and just cause bitching about her at all levels of play.
If you made Nurse easier, the whining about her would reach deafening levels, and she would certainly be nerfed.
Freddy should have his blocks built in. A full dream transition is a touch ridiculous. It should be, at the very least, half of normal time.
Everyone has already mentioned the trapper. That’s a fairly obvious one.
Besides Pig and Trapper, Doctor comes to mind. His base shock distance is crap so I think having his Moldy Electrode in his base would be beneficial, especially if it didn't have the decreased charge time.
I'd love for Doc's illusions/aura to be built in, It'd help him a lot.
Trapper should have trapper sack on all the time.
Also i think standard traps are a bit too quickly disarmed.
Spirits Amulet built in 100%. Her base is quite weak.
Also Hags green trapping range addon built in.
Both of them would have viable bases.
Neither of those killers need buffs. Both are high A tier killers and extremely deadly killers
I mean to their base and remove the addons. I don't think that top tier killers should be having bases that suck. Also they're S tier. Not A. Hag is definitely on Billys level (not better) and Spirit is pretty much the same as Hag.
Trapper Sack (+1 Bear Trap) should be baseline with all his other addons adding onto that. Basically just increase the base trap number by 1 and make Trapper sack give 3 traps, Stitched Bag give 4, etc. etc. etc.
I honestly think that one of the effective range addons for Hag should be base. Bog Water on base would be pretty well. Maybe it's just because I'm sick of running Bloodied Water every game.
Maple Knight does so little it could be baseline, but tbh they need to tweak Maple Knight so it's not worthless.
I feel like you should have a lower skill check chance while sleeping in general. If Wool Shirt was on Freddy's base kit he'd be a little less #########.
Legion's base power is really bad and he could have basically all his Brown addons added to his base kit.
Combat Straps should be baseline, or at least base crouch should be shorter will be fixed in the PTB so they're no longer mandatory.
Ether 5 Vol% or Robin Feather needs to be baseline for Clown, because as it is right now he slows himself down for 2 seconds to throw his 2 second slow. It's a net neutral in slowdown for both sides.
I think a lesser version of "The Ghost" - Soot should be baseline for Wraith. Not 6 seconds but something like 2 seconds of supressed Red Stain and Terror Radius would give Wraith more stealth options.
I wouldn’t say the Amulet for Spirit’s base kit, however I would say the “Father’s Glasses” add on would be a nice touch. I believe that she should be able to see blood while phase walking.
I mean if they got rid of the bloodhount bit of it and made it so that the blood is normal looking but when using bloodhound, it's bright af then I'd be down for that.
Trapper bag add-ons shouldn't be base. However, he should be able to carry up to 3 traps at a time at base. The bags should give him extra traps at the start and increase the total number of traps he can carry at a time.
Pungent Phial should be base for Huntress, at least when she has =<50% hatchets left.
That's about it. All other add-ons are too strong to be put into base kits, or at the very least negate the need for add-ons of that type.
Practically every addon for legion should be in his base kit.
Imma have to disagree on Rules Set No. 2 being too good to be put into base kit. The main thing it does is increase the amount of time Survivors waste while their timer is inactive. I think that's the sort of thing that helps the RBT fulfill the purpose the devs intended for it without diluting its potential to actually make good on its allure to MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE kill someone. I think it's a good buff to just naturally give to the Pig.
Pig’s Rule Set No.2
Huntress’s Pungent Phial
Spirit’s Father’s Glasses
Wraith’s “The Hound” - Soot add-on and MAYBE “The Ghost” - Soot add-on
Maybe Hag’s Dried Cicada
All of Legions’s Common add-ons (maybe even do this for all Killers, with a few exceptions)
Traps aren't meant to kill someone. They are meant to slow the game. Ruleset 2 is too powerful to make it part of the base kit. They shouldn't have to do a gen and trigger the trap to see boxes. If you can't see how strong that is maybe you need to play against a Pig with Ruleset 2 a bit.
But Rules Set No. 2 DOES slow the game down. It does not make the RBTs more lethal, only better at wasting time, which is exactly what the devs want. I've used Rules Set No. 2 multiple times, and I can't see how it would be too strong at base kit. Explain to me what makes it too strong if it's only active when the traps are not capable of killing the wearer?
Rule set no.2 is deadly when combining it with either tampered timer or crate of gears. Pigs base kit is fine as of 2.5.0
It just isn't necessary. Part of being a good Pig is knowing when to put on traps, and when not to. Rules set number two would make thinking about that pretty much unnecessary.
If you run Amanda's Letter it would be near impossible to find both boxes on certain maps without spending all game looking around. I'm basically forced to do a gen. I do, then do 1 box. You go body block the other box. Since you don't need to waste a perk slot for Ruleset 2, you can put on Last Will and be able to do this twice to someone. That's super lame. If you had to take 2 add-ons to do this, it's still a bit lame BUT you can only do it once, so there is some trade-off.
Ruleset 2 forces you to do a gen to activate the trap. What if you had Jigsaw's Plan and Tampered Timer/Crate of Gears? I would also be effectively screwed by that. There would be no counter to those add-on combos. You just put a trap on someone, force them to do a gen, and they die to the trap because they have to do all the boxes perfectly or they die. Right now I can counter these add-ons by just not doing gens, which is... drum roll... slowing the game down.
Which wasted his time, since he wasn't doing gens. Like do you guys really not understand that RBT isn't meant to kill, just to slow the game? RBT kills are supposed to be a special treat, not the norm.
I already explained above why the purple add-on explanation does not work. How is what you described worse than someone finishing a gen and starting your timer before you get off the hook?
Also, I force RBT kills every handful of games as Pig, so special treat my coiled tail.
It forces you to do a gen, so yes it does increase the chance of it working. If I wasn't forced to do a gen, we could 99 all the gens and do them all at once, everyone else leaves and I take hatch. That would be the counter play to this tactic. If I can't see how many boxes there are until I do a gen I can't reliably counter play this. It also gives you the chance to use Last Will and do that to 2 people.
You just want to have your cake and eat it too. Ruleset 2 should NOT be base kit.
Yea he wasted SIGNIFICANTLY MORE TIME by running around looking for boxes. It's like looking for totems. The time waste comes from the need to do the boxes, not from looking for the boxes. If you want that extra time waste you need to use Ruleset 2.
You have not convinced me that what you described is an issue increased by RSN2. I say it should be base kit still.
And that is how it should be. Either waste lots of time or run the risk. You're describing benefits that should be given to the Pig.
Looking for the boxes without the auras is like looking for the totems. You waste a TON of time just looking around the map. Time that Pig shouldn't get UNLESS she uses an add-on. RBT wastes time by forcing you to do something other than gens. You're asking that they waste significantly MORE time on top of that, for free.
No you waste time doing the boxes, not looking for them. If you want to add time to that by making survivors look for the boxes then you need to... wait for it... use an add-on! What a concept.
2) If you want more time to be wasted, you buff the Pig. Simple.
The Pig: Rules Set No. 2, since it doesn't actually affect anything or/and Jigsaw's Sketch. (Running a 6 box setup is hilarious when survivors actually have to search all 6.)
The Spirit: Dried Cherry Blossom (Her phasing is super cool, and very useful for mind-games, but players themselves are unable to detect when they're about to phase/its duration/when it occurs--can't buff the phasing emission sound in her favor anymore than it already has).
The Huntress: Pungent Phial (There's no reason she shouldn't see all lockers by default above 0 hatchets, honestly, though I'd rather see an addon to reduce her hum range..)
The Hag - Posssssibly the Disfigured Ear. I think she's too strong to need/want any addons baseline, though. This is an interesting/fun addon, though Granma's Heart can as well.
Billy with spark plug and vegetable oil. Takes a second from each would be nice.
Everything "broken" scenario you've described either is barely affected by RSN2 or is preferrable to something that can already be done now without it. It seems like the common theme among your arguments is "Rules Set No. 2 is the lynchpin to a bunch of these OP scenarios," which I find to be inaccurate for the aforementioned reason. The only points you've really made that doesn't fall under that is "RSN2 wastes too much time to be base kit," to which I say no because RBTs normally waste not enough time on average and RSN2 increases that by an acceptable amount, and "you should use an add-on if you want to waste more time," to which I also say no because the Pig has too many not good add-ons that need to be buffed/reworked anyways.
Honestly, the Pig is one of those killers that need to be reworked.
Freddy: Nancy's Sketch or Nancy's Masterpiece. He is already weak, he should at least have a bigger power range. (I know, there will be a Freddy rework.)
Dude... have you ever actually tried to do all 4 boxes with Ruleset 2 and not doing a gen first? Because it seems to me like you never actually played against it and tried to do this. It's like looking for all the totems, it is a serious time waster. Easily a game losing time sink. The counter play to traps is to not do gens and do boxes instead, but forcing them to do gens with Ruleset 2 takes away that counter play. And yes, Ruleset 2 on it's own or in combination with 1 other add-on is not OP. But Ruleset 2 combined with 2 other add-ons, especially JP + TT/CoG, is OP.
You just want easier/more frequent trap kills or free time sinks. That's what Ruleset 2 would do, whether you want to believe or not, that's what would happen and they weren't meant to be that powerful.
Fact of the matter is, there are very few add-ons that should be base kit. Ruleset 2 is definitely not one of them.
Please explain both of those things because otherwise I have no reason to believe that RSN2 as base kit is an issue. Especially the second one. If you can't explain to me what makes RSN2 + Timer + Sketch more difficult for a Survivor than Timer + Sketch when the timer starts while you are stuck on the hook, I don't think you have much of a case here.
No it makes it MANDATORY. Difficulty has nothing to do with it. Right now you can do that OR not do gens and focus on the trap. If Ruleset 2 was base kit, then the second part isn't actually an option.
i think one of the bag addons for the trapper should be base kit.