How do you all feel about a Xeno buff?

Honestly I've been playing Xeno for a while now and his tail just feels horrible to use after they nerfed it, you slow down so much that I barely want to use it. Not to mention the length of it isn't that long, it just feels really bad to use.

I'd love to see a buff for it, as right now I barely want to use it because I get punished so hard for missing.

What do you all think?

Comments

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642076#Comment_3642076

    Why would i? She is not my main

    But you can check those competitive Nurse mains if you are looking for evidence.

    It’s so easy, so it should be no problem for you. I am one of those 1% Nurse players. I consistently dominate because most players are bad at the game, not because she is too good.

  • @squbax said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642077#Comment_3642077

    Not even close, nemsis whip is far more dangerous than xenos tail, and survivors cant take it away unlike xenos tail. And slinger, mate slinger outclasses both xeno and nemesis in time to down every day of the week. You do not need mobility as slinger if you are ending chases in less than 30 seconds, something xeno should not be able to do if her opponents have more than 40 hours of playtime.

    Nemesis whip being far more dangerous than Xeno tail? Really need to clarify how? No matter how i look at it Nemesis whip is inferior nearly in every way and overall weaker killer. Primarily cause Nemesis the only killer in the game that you have to hit them 3 times to down them. Infection, injured then a down. If the survivors use the med spray then 3 hits again. Time is just far too valuable for killers landing 3 hits only gives survivors more time for their objective.

    For Death Slinger he has far more range than Xeno does, but still have to reel the target in for a down. I just don't like him not really ever a reason to play him when Huntress is just far better.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642081#Comment_3642081

    It’s so easy, so it should be no problem for you. I am one of those 1% Nurse players. I consistently dominate because most players are bad at the game.

    Thank you for agree'ing with me on that, yeah Nurse is indeed very op killer and she should be reworked.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642409#Comment_3642409

    Thank you for agree'ing with me on that, yeah Nurse is indeed very op killer and she should be reworked.

    I guess you didn’t read. I win most of my matches because the survivors are bad, not because she is too strong.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642490#Comment_3642490

    I guess you didn’t read. I win most of my matches because the survivors are bad, not because she is too strong.

    Do that as Trapper and i will believe you are that good. It's easy to talk when doing that with op killer.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3641893#Comment_3641893

    You mean...the tail attack where Xeno lost no distance for spamming it?

    Ah, of course.

    How about this? We fix the hitbox bug with Xeno's Tail Attack that I don't think was ever fixed; then we re-evaluate. He is extremely oppressive in chase when he's in Runner Mode. He has good map pressure and map traversal. He really doesn't need anything right now, barring bug fixes of course.

    So the killer is extremely opressive if survivors dont play the killer specific side objective?

    Oh no, how unfair!

  • @Unam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3641895#Comment_3641895

    So the killer is extremely opressive if survivors dont play the killer specific side objective?

    Oh no, how unfair!

    I was hoping you'd respond. I had kinda figured based on your other responses about what you'd type.


    A side objective that relies on your teammates. How wonderful! Surely, surely there's no issues with communicating and teammates in DBD, that'd be just awful.

    Surely, your teammates can be relied on. Surely.

    Likewise, that means you have hmmmm, approximately zero influence on your own chase with him. Unless of course, you're wasting time setting up turrets yourself, which you can't really afford to do in this meta. You are relying on others to make the chase tolerable. His Tail Attack IS oppressive, it makes all loops extremely unsafe.


    Pretending otherwise is simply wrong.

  • @mikewelk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642010#Comment_3642010

    "Remember, people defended Alien and preached how balanced she was. Apparently when you look into the future, when killers get used to the reworks/new killer, it isn't plausible and you will get name-called and provided with skill issue comments. I mean the amount of times Xeno players told me to window bait as if that was proper counterplay..."

    "Remember, if killers have anything at all that gives them any sort of edge, it's bad and "unhealthy" and "not interactive" and it needs to be nerfed to the ground. The original cooldown on the tail was fine, but survivors didn't like it because it meant that they had to actually play carefully, so now here we are. Of course xeno needs a buff, most killers do, but they're not going to get one."

    Spot the difference (apart from yours being the opposite of mine). I wrote my reply first in a different discussion regarding Billy and a point made there on the same day you posted yours. Both are three sentences, and both start off with a very specific word which isn't common. Both look almost the same length, albeit yours is a couple of words longer. So excuse me if I felt like you were taking a dig at me, but this doesn't look like a coincidence. Even when I wrote that I wasn't meant to start off with "remember" but I thought it just sounded better.

    Survivors couldn't avoid the tail just fine. Even if they did, what would they have gained from it? The cooldown was non-existent and Xeno could move during it. It wasn't long enough to reach a unsafe spot, let alone a safe spot. Just because you went against Xenos that were new to the killer and had no idea what they were doing, it doesn't mean anything here.

    Sure, they might have nerfed his cooldown too much, but to go that far to give up on chase is comical. You're the only one that does that because in all my Xeno games (yeah, many people still play them), they don't give up. A singular turret cannot even get you out of your power. The amount of time it takes to actually set up the turret is shorter than it takes to recover from the attack cooldown. Turrets (multiple) are the only things (alongside hooking) that can get you out of power and you'll still be a 4.6 m/s killer. Your power makes you able to mindgame really well at taller loops, gives you a special attack that most survivors cannot predict since the sound cue is very short, and your terror radius is reduced to 24m. You become a overpowered version of Nemesis that can instantly injure without the need of infection (vaccines also exist against him). If they removed turrets completely, you'd realize how absurd them not existing would be. You won't lose your power or the chase. You are exaggerating this to such an extent that it's insane. You lose like three seconds, in three seconds a survivor doesn't teleport away.

    I wrote out a whole big response to this, saw a typo that I wanted to edit, and then somehow the post got lost, or at the very least, I'm not seeing it anymore so I'm assuming it got lost. I'm not about to rewrite it again, so to sum it up;

    1) These are some weird, narcissistic patterns you're seeing here. "Remember" is a common word, and windows are one of the major mechanics in the game that are commonly used to bait out misses from killers that have abilities that require a high degree of commitment like xeno. Obviously people are going to tell you to bait windows. You're seeing patterns where there are none. If you believe my post is a dig at you, then you probably also believe that the fact that both of our names are 8 letters long is more than just a coincidence. It's nonsense.

    2) The killer's time is worth significantly more than the survivors time and unlike survivors, they're always under a major time crunch. 3 seconds is enough to get a survivor over to the next safe loop where they can drag out a chase even longer. The cooldown should not be anywhere near that long. The only reason it was nerfed was because survivors pay the bills and they complained, the same reason why everything killers have gets nerfed sooner rather than later, while survivors get to run around with broken perks for years and then get base kit perks added to them again and again and again.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642542#Comment_3642542

    Do that as Trapper and i will believe you are that good. It's easy to talk when doing that with op killer.

    The best players use the best characters. This is true in literally every game. Trapper straight up can’t catch good survivors in enough time. Like, playing a low tier killer isn’t a flex as much as it is a handicap. The “winstreaks” you speak of are only possible because of lousy pub survivor play.

  • @Heliosse said:

    Hello,

    I play Xenomorph a lot (my favorite killer with executioner and nemesis), i don't think it needs anything, it is imo, the perfect killer, i had beef with executioner adaptation, or nemesis one, but the Alien... With the limitations of dbd, it's perfect, favorite to play, favorite to verse, i queue in hope of seeing one.

    The tail is cluncky because the range is so short you are next to the survivor when you use it (4.8), so it deserves a big CD. You could lower the CD a bit i guess, right now it's 3s, so the biggest CD for all ranged killer. Bringing it to 2.5s should be okay, a ptb would be interesting, to compensate, you could lower the speed even more, but it would not really matter at this point.

    To the guy that said "Tail is like stbfl, when you don't miss, the CD is lower", where did you find this information ? As far as i know, tail strike is 3s with 1.2m/s, no variation.

    And bugs ? Same as before, as far as im concerned, all bugs with the tail strike have been corrected. Right now it's normal. The CD is long and the tail is cluncky, just like in ptb. It could use a CD buff to make people like to play it (kinda Billy like) but it's more than fine as it is.

    I phrased it wrong, so I apologize. It is similar to STBFL in the sense that survivors make less distance when hit by the tail strike rather than an M1.

    This is because during a successful basic attack cooldown, your movement speed is reduced to 0.575 m/s for a 4.6 m/s killer. On the other hand, Xenomorph's tail strike successful hit movement speed is 1.2 m/s with the attack cooldown being 0.3 seconds longer than the basic attack cooldown (2.7 seconds, I had no idea it was shorter actually! I swear the tail strike's hit cooldown felt shorter). This is a huge difference that allows for her to quickly close the distance between her and the survivor that she had hit.

    STBFL allows for survivors to make less distance, similar to Xenomorph's tail strike.

  • @Zenislev said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642258#Comment_3642258

    I wrote out a whole big response to this, saw a typo that I wanted to edit, and then somehow the post got lost, or at the very least, I'm not seeing it anymore so I'm assuming it got lost. I'm not about to rewrite it again, so to sum it up;

    1) These are some weird, narcissistic patterns you're seeing here. "Remember" is a common word, and windows are one of the major mechanics in the game that are commonly used to bait out misses from killers that have abilities that require a high degree of commitment like xeno. Obviously people are going to tell you to bait windows. You're seeing patterns where there are none. If you believe my post is a dig at you, then you probably also believe that the fact that both of our names are 8 letters long is more than just a coincidence. It's nonsense.

    2) The killer's time is worth significantly more than the survivors time and unlike survivors, they're always under a major time crunch. 3 seconds is enough to get a survivor over to the next safe loop where they can drag out a chase even longer. The cooldown should not be anywhere near that long. The only reason it was nerfed was because survivors pay the bills and they complained, the same reason why everything killers have gets nerfed sooner rather than later, while survivors get to run around with broken perks for years and then get base kit perks added to them again and again and again.

    1) You didn't create your username shortly after I created mine and usernames don't mean anything to me. Well done for counting how many letters are in my username because I couldn't care less about that. Baiting windows was very ineffective against a experienced Xeno who knew that was the only form of counterplay. Scroll through pages of discussions and you'll realize no one has started off with a "Remember," for a very long time because it's not a common way to start a reply. You can call me a narcissist all you like but you can't blame me for noticing that.


    2) You basically go on a tangent that survivors get everything handed to them. Classic.


    I wonder why your post got lost...


  • @mikewelk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642580#Comment_3642580

    1) You didn't create your username shortly after I created mine and usernames don't mean anything to me. Well done for counting how many letters are in my username because I couldn't care less about that. Baiting windows was very ineffective against a experienced Xeno who knew that was the only form of counterplay. Scroll through pages of discussions and you'll realize no one has started off with a "Remember," for a very long time because it's not a common way to start a reply. You can call me a narcissist all you like but you can't blame me for noticing that.

    2) You basically go on a tangent that survivors get everything handed to them. Classic.

    I wonder why your post got lost...

    1) Remember, no two people can ever use similar language ever. That's not a thing that's happened in the history of the entire world. But hey, as long as we're on the same page and understand that you are in fact being really weird about a coincidence, then great.

    2) It wasn't a tangent and I'm right

    3) I like lists, they're nice, but sometimes other people use them and they're clearly just copying me, after all no one has ever used a list before me.

    4) The post got lost because whatever software they used to make this forum is awful. It's actually not the first time I've lost a post when trying to edit a typo. As far as I've seen, if you try to edit something two or three times within a certain window the the edit window craps out when you hit the button to commit the changes and just deletes everything.

  • @Zenislev said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3642643#Comment_3642643

    1) Remember, no two people can ever use similar language ever. That's not a thing that's happened in the history of the entire world. But hey, as long as we're on the same page and understand that you are in fact being really weird about a coincidence, then great.

    2) It wasn't a tangent and I'm right

    3) I like lists, they're nice, but sometimes other people use them and they're clearly just copying me, after all no one has ever used a list before me.

    4) The post got lost because whatever software they used to make this forum is awful. It's actually not the first time I've lost a post when trying to edit a typo. As far as I've seen, if you try to edit something two or three times within a certain window the the edit window craps out when you hit the button to commit the changes and just deletes everything.

    Talking about narcissism and then your point being "I'm right" is very contradictory lol. You have to realize you literally used the same starter as I did only a couple of hours later to talk about a opposite point to mine. This wasn't ten years ago, you seem to like exaggerating almost everything. Therefore, I'm not going to reply to you anymore because it seems you aren't open to constructive arguments.

  • @Beano744 said:

    Honestly I've been playing Xeno for a while now and his tail just feels horrible to use after they nerfed it, you slow down so much that I barely want to use it. Not to mention the length of it isn't that long, it just feels really bad to use.

    I'd love to see a buff for it, as right now I barely want to use it because I get punished so hard for missing.

    What do you all think?

    Xeno is a very strong chaser. Yes if you miss you lose a lot of distance. You need to master this anti-loop power to have good results.

    That's the price to pay to get rewarded with a strong killer. Remind me of Pyramid Head, if you use your anti-loop unwisely you got punished.

    The only buff I could give to Xeno is a slower burn rate from turrets to avoid spending the game as a M1 killer for new/casual Xeno players.

  • Xenomorph is an oppressive chaser. Yes you have one of the best anti-loop in the game so missing should cost you something.

    That's the price to pay to get results. Strong killers, high commitment. It reminds me Pyramid Head, you use your anti-loop unwisely, you got punished.

    The only Xeno buff I would consider is a slightly slower burn rate from turrets, especially for beginners/casual players.

    The tail is not buggy, it has like Deathslinger harpoon a timer where it has colision, then it loses colision and can't hit the survivor hitbox. See wikipedia "DBD xenomorph" or DBD Deathslinger for more info.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3641893#Comment_3641893

    I mean if someone is bad at game, no buff will make them good. Most killers have good kill rates. So i doubt most killers are weak, it's just some players are not good at game.

    I see where you're coming from but I'm certain you'd change your mind after having played multiple Pig/Freddy matches against competent teams lol

    Some killers are very weak, period. Just like some are overpowered. High kill rates mean nothing when it's very easy to play super scummy and make it extremely unfun for everybody involved to get 3/4Ks. But if a killer needs to do that to even have a chance, they're not strong.

1 2 ›