Underrated perks
What are some underrated perk builds that work surprisingly well together?
What are some underrated perk builds that work surprisingly well together?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
balanced landing is really underrated imo
With the new engine, lightweight might have become quite decent aswell
unfortunately balanced landing is nearly worthless in some maps.
How many maps have zero drops? One?
Alert is decent, Quick n Quiet if you want to lose a killer and not just loop, windows of opportunity and small game for newer players who haven't memorised maps yet, blood warden is awesome except vs swf.
Bitter murmer. Really underrated, but bitter murmer saved my ass really often, knowing how many survivors done that gen and where they are running next is just super time efficient information. Also, if all gens are done you see everyone and everywhere. Really good, a must have if you don't have BBQ
Spine Chill is pretty amazing too. Been using it lately, hilarious how easily you can be lost behind a tree or rock.
Sprint burst- It's still second strongest exhaustion perk to balanced landing.
Bloodhound and territorial imperative should be used more, bloodhound is one of the best tracking perks, sometimes one doesnt even notice bloood marks sometimes, territorial imperative can secure a kill sometimes
When playing solo: kindred + bond + open handed.
I play with Tenacity + Unbreakable. I doesn't work often, but it is extremely satisfying when it does. I've had several games where I have escaped after being hit through a window, or picking myself up to drop a pallet on them when they come back to pick me up and loop them longer.
I was gonna say Wlood Warden, but that got said already.
I've recently fallen in love with Wake Up. That perk plus Resilience makes you open those gates in like 15 seconds. Bonus points if you get yourself off the hook with Deliverance and open it before the killer can get back lol
Also Empathy should be run by like everyone so potatoes don't run the killer straight to me when I'm injured
You're not sure what you're asking for... aka they WOULD run to you if you're injured.
AS TO THE QUESTION! Idk Bond? Idk if it underrated
We'll make it
Lithe.
I see more people using Balanced landing which is in fact the same perk as Lithe but worse, Balanced Landing is only better in "The Game" map IMO. You get spotted by the killer far from a drop to activate Balanced landing a lot of times, however you are always next to a window, little wall or something.
I suppose Balanced landing is more used because Nea is a free survivor and Feng Min not.
Honestly, I rarely see Premonition and I have no clue why. When I want to stealth, Premonition + Iron Will + Urban Evasion. And if you're solo, Kindred is almost a must but I rarely see it.
Balanced Landing - Because the anti-stagger works even if exhaustion is up.
Empathy - Because knowing who's getting chased is helpful.
Bloodhound - because the Devs couldn't be ######### to fix scratch marks randomly vanishing.
Bitter Murmur - Because its the reverse of bbq
Discordance - knowing when one gen getting rushed is helpful.
Lithe + Windows + QnQ + Urban
Empathy
Botany knowledge
Autodidact
Spine Chill (Self care is you don't want to count on Med-kits or others)
You can always use it for a basement juke, works crazy well sometimes.
Perks that are good and just not meta are:
Empathy/Bond/Alert/Kindred (cause it gives so much info especially for what your team isn't doing)
Spine Chill/Stake Out/Premonition (good cause it counters stealthy bois especially Spine if you're tired of moonwalking mindgames)
Small Game (everyone complains about noed, well here's your counter)
Windows of Opportunity/ Plunderers Instinct (good for saving time if your teammates used up a resource)
In fact here's just a list of bad perks or too situational:
Deja Vu, Detectives Hunch, No Mither, Autodidact, Boil Over, No one Left Behind, Dark Sense, Slippery Meat, Vigil, Wake Up, Sole Survivor, Open Handed, Up the Ante.
I agree with you on those good perks, but not all of your bad ones. I've used a couple of those to good effect on occasion. Deja Vu helps a lot on some of those indoor maps where you are struggling to find that last damned generator, and Dark Sense is great for seeing the killer's location before you leave your generator for the next one.
I totally agree on no one left behind, or for that matter, most end game perks for survivor. Up the Ante is GREAT... the first time you get hooked. And if your team knows about it. I've NEVER failed to unhook myself with it if no one had died yet. But when the rest of the team doesn't pick up on it, yeah.... So I suppose those are very situational.
I havent used a few of those, however, so no opinion on the rest.
The problem with Deja Vu and Detectives Hunch is that gens spawns are fairly static and predictable. The problem with any generator related perk is the time needed to activate it and how many times it can be used 5 max if you're having to do all the gens. Up the Ante and luck in general is overshadowed by Deliverance. Boil over just makes the killer sway more when carrying a survivor, Vigil just doesn't do enough or it's so situational that it can't help. Autodidact requires multiple healing skillchecks at a detriment (and it's difficult to see those skillchecks) to even start working. Left Behind and Sole Survivor requires your team to die in order to work and it doesn't have a strong enough benefit.
Shelter Woods has a drop-off from the centre tree. You can run up at some angles, but its hard to hit in a chase. Every map has a drop off so far.
Up the Ante helps your entire team, deliverance only helps you, plus you have to not have been hooked before you rescue someone.
not counting the basement? such as the auto graveyard?
Yes, without counting the basement. The autohaven maps have those tractors, where you run up to a windowvault, with a safe pallet to the side.
Borrowed Time and We're Gonna Farm Forever.
Stake Out and Small Game/Detective's Hunch. These are much better than people think they are, and they are fun to use together when you want to go all in for objectives.
Dance With Me - I never see it. Like, ever.
Make Your Choice - I don't see this used effectively, virtually, ever. God-tier perk when used well on any killer. I think I dropped it on Pig while I mess around in purple ranks, but damn is this thing a BEAST. I used the hell out of grinding to rank 1 because it greatly enables even punishment. It's an anti-tunneling perk, and getting the pressure out through this is powerful. Pretty busted on Hag and Nurse, tbh. lol
Technician - Lots of players are bad at Greats, and this is good for learning to power through Ruin and practice in general. While the noise reduction isn't really useful, the 50% chance of suppressing a sound notification on failure is. If there's ever a good training wheels perk for people that want to advance the match and try to be low profile about it, this is it.
Lightweight - I've had good experiences with it, yet you still see the argument that it makes it easier to find survivors. Combined with Urban Evasion, it's very effective.
Iron Will - I still don't see this often. With this and Urban Evasion, the only reliable way you can be tracked following a juke is your blood trail.
Spirit Fury - Another rarity. Very unexpecting when you run into this, particularly with Enduring. Great insurance/reward for lunging through pallets and eating stuns.
Hex: Third Seal - Like any hex perk, its usefulness hinges on whether or not it lasts. It is absolutely hilarious getting the hits out and slugging DS survivors. I had one straight up bleed out from full because I slugged them after already hitting 2 people, and hit the last immediately afterwards. xD The isolation is quite powerful, as it nullifies EVERYTHING. It trumps all over perks, and you cannot even see with Bond, or people hanging from hooks. Technically, not very good against SWF, but it does disrupt clutch maneuvers.
We'll Make It.
I have yet, in my many months of playing, seen anyone else use this Perk. I use it religiously, its so danm good at getting everyone back up. It's easily prevented fast and proxy campers from getting a fast down on unhooked Survivors
My favourite underrated perk combo is Lightweight + Spine Chill.
Doing a gen and the killer is coming towards you? Spine chill gives a great indication from a fairly long distance away. Start running early and watch the killer spend a minute looking for you in every locker and around every object completely puzzled by where you went.
Spend that minute giggling to yourself as you watch.