Bone Chill event blows

Garbage event. Gonna take a break until this lame event is over.

Comments

  • I didnt even know the event was out until checking the Forums.

    Thank you for the reminder, Imma check out the event.

  • Was wondering when this started. Haven’t seen anyone mention anything on it.

    Played a handfull of matches since early August and was anticipating hopping back on for some wintery Bone Chilling DBD.

    Can’t be toooo bad tho, right?

  • @Xyvielia said:

    Was wondering when this started. Haven’t seen anyone mention anything on it.

    Played a handfull of matches since early August and was anticipating hopping back on for some wintery Bone Chilling DBD.

    Can’t be toooo bad tho, right?

    It is not bad at all.

    The main point of criticism in past years were the Snowmen, but since Killers and Survivors can throw Snowskulls at them, they can easily break them with that.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    Was wondering when this started. Haven’t seen anyone mention anything on it.

    Played a handfull of matches since early August and was anticipating hopping back on for some wintery Bone Chilling DBD.

    Can’t be toooo bad tho, right?

    Everyone is sweating extra hard for some reason and I have no idea why. It’s like what’s the point? And I say this as someone who has waaaay too many hours and plays both sides

  • @KidDope25 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609366#Comment_3609366

    Everyone is sweating extra hard for some reason and I have no idea why. It’s like what’s the point? And I say this as someone who has waaaay too many hours and plays both sides

    Tis the season to be sweaty. Fa-La-La-La-La 🎅🌲

  • @KidDope25 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609366#Comment_3609366

    Everyone is sweating extra hard for some reason and I have no idea why. It’s like what’s the point? And I say this as someone who has waaaay too many hours and plays both sides

    MMR will do that. It creates a dynamic where, you have to sweat because you think your opponent might. And the game is so snowbally that if you don't sweat from the start, you will lose against sweat. The result is that everyone sweats all the time.


    If they removed MMR completely, you'd see much more chill matches more often.

  • I like throwing snowballs at killers, even though they keep just killing me :(

    The only thing I really don't like is that throwing a snowball and pallots/windows/lockers is the same button so I keep wanting to throw snowballs at people but end up slamming a pallet/vaulting a window/getting into a locker instead

  • @KidDope25 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609366#Comment_3609366

    Everyone is sweating extra hard for some reason and I have no idea why. It’s like what’s the point? And I say this as someone who has waaaay too many hours and plays both sides

    It's always the most puzzling aspect of this events: peeps could just take a step back and just enjoy a silly event and get into finny situations, not taking the gam too serious for once ... but instead a sizable part of the community will sweat EXTRA hard and show the other side how awesome they are, whole finding all possible ways yo weaponize the events assets to their fullest.

  • @KidDope25 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609366#Comment_3609366

    Everyone is sweating extra hard for some reason and I have no idea why. It’s like what’s the point? And I say this as someone who has waaaay too many hours and plays both sides

    It's either they're sweating too hard or giving up immidetley, I can't get a match without one extreme or the other.

  • So far I have tunneled out at 5 gens or encounter 3 games with someone working with the killer. It gets worse every event. They come out of the woodwork for the cosmetics and that's it. There is no matchmaking correctly either. Since BHVR puts a lot of work into these events and the rifts I think they actually have players put in time for the previous Rift before being able to do the event, it would reduce the amount of junk players.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609368#Comment_3609368

    MMR will do that. It creates a dynamic where, you have to sweat because you think your opponent might. And the game is so snowbally that if you don't sweat from the start, you will lose against sweat. The result is that everyone sweats all the time.

    If they removed MMR completely, you'd see much more chill matches more often.

    Hah! Snowbally.

  • @moulesfrites said:

    Garbage event. Gonna take a break until this lame event is over.

    what happen? did u get tunnel by a snowman dredge or something?

  • I think the event is quite alright.

    It doesn't quite reach the legendary level of the Winter Solstice events, but it ain't bad either.

  • Id say it froze ....... or even throws 🙃

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609366#Comment_3609366

    It is not bad at all.

    The main point of criticism in past years were the Snowmen, but since Killers and Survivors can throw Snowskulls at them, they can easily break them with that.

    Sweeeeeeet Christmassy Goodness!🎄

    Stoked for it!

  • Can killer even pick up snowskulls all the survivors and I have been having snow ball fights and the killer just comes with super sweat builds that they cant even use cause no ones doing gens and the killer just slugs everyone most of the time. Its crazy seems like killers don't know how to enjoy life.

  • @KidDope25 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609366#Comment_3609366

    Everyone is sweating extra hard for some reason and I have no idea why. It’s like what’s the point? And I say this as someone who has waaaay too many hours and plays both sides

    Ugh, yeah that’s one of the reasons I only play a few matches before calling it a night.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I like throwing snowballs at killers, even though they keep just killing me :(

    The only thing I really don't like is that throwing a snowball and pallots/windows/lockers is the same button so I keep wanting to throw snowballs at people but end up slamming a pallet/vaulting a window/getting into a locker instead

    The first event match I played tonight was against a Chucky. He downed someone and I ran up to him and threw a snowball right in his face and ran away.

    I was laughing hysterically when he started chasing me.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609368#Comment_3609368

    It's always the most puzzling aspect of this events: peeps could just take a step back and just enjoy a silly event and get into finny situations, not taking the gam too serious for once ... but instead a sizable part of the community will sweat EXTRA hard and show the other side how awesome they are, whole finding all possible ways yo weaponize the events assets to their fullest.

    I had a survivor sweat squad blowing through gens and throwing snowballs. They were so focused on the snowballs that they kept running into my bear traps. It was hilarious.

  • I miss the smiley snowmen, not a fan of the new weird snowmen.

    Overall the the event is alright, its the players not interacting with it and just rushing gens/tunneling survivors that's the issue, as always.

  • I'm kinda meh on the snowballs although I'll admit watching my ex throw snowballs at a Xenomorph and then run away when it chased her was extremely amusing.

    Personally I like the jump scare snowmen, it's nice to be unnerved playing DBD again if only just for a little while.